The Adventures of Delilah [Story Discussion and Updates]

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

The Adventures of Delilah [Story Discussion and Updates]

Postby nanakra » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:59 am

The Adventures of Delilah
A story series by Nanakra

Hi folks.
This is your author, game dev, and generally degenerate lewd fairy Nanakra here.
I am known for such things as being the current lead developer for the RPG Maker game Predator's Coliseum as well as several short stories I've written over the years under various other pseudonyms.

This is a forum post for the discussion and announcements regarding my ongoing story series The Adventures of Delilah.
Feel free to discus story beats, speculate on the goings on, offer critique, ask questions, make observations, offer suggestions, request things you'd like to see, offer words of encouragement, etc.

Please keep plot points in spoiler tags for those who have not read the books yet.

The Adventures of Delilah story series will always include the following vore fetish related content: (?/f, ?/Delilah), Half Elf, (F/?, Delilah/?), Oral Vore, Swallowing, Digestion, Disposal / Scat (Poop and Pee), Decomposition, Resurrection
Each story in the series will contain a variety of other content and vore types as well.

The story series is in the convoluted genre of: Science Fiction Fantasy Horror LitRPG Dark Fetish Erotica
It's quite the mouthful, isn't it?
Suffice it to say there are elements of each of these genres, so it made sense to me to squish them all together in one fat loaf.
I'm sure you will see what I mean when you read the first book.

So, what is this book series about anyway?
In the world of Verona, there is a terrible skill known only as Taboo.
Taboo. The skill which compels one to consume living prey.
Taboo. The skill which leads one to be consumed.
Those inflicted with it are considered cursed and are ostracized, though there are those who seek it out to learn of its secrets.
The Adventures of Delilah follows our titular protagonist, Delilah the Half Elf, on a series of mishaps and adventures, as she explores the world of Verona and, more often than not, the digestive tracts of many monsters along the way.

As of today, there are two books in this series.

You can find all books and materials for this book series here: The Adventures of Delilah Series

Information for each book in the series is in the spoilers below.

Book 1: The Lamia of Faneor Forest
Spoiler: show

The Lamia of Faneor Forest

Synopsis:

Delilah’s heart pounded in her chest as she stared up at the enormous lamia known as Lilly-Anne, an empress ranked monstrosity.
She towered above everything.
Above her party members, Alex, Emily, and Indie.
Above buildings like the Rent-A-Hero guild hall she was a member of.
Even above the very trees of Faneor forest where they currently were.
They stood no chance and Lilly-Anne knew it.
They were all dedicant ranked adventures, the weakest, and Lilly-Anne might as well have been a goddess in comparison.
Delilah’s eyes widened as she saw an impossibly long snake tail making its way through the trees, heading straight for Emily.
She had to do something, or Emily would surely perish!

Statistics:
First Edition released on May 16th, 2021
Revised Second Edition released on December 11th, 2021
Cast Members: 28
Chapters: 7
Pages: 117
Words: 47,586
Average Reading Time: 4 Hours (Based on avg. of 200 wpm)

Chapter Titles:
1: An Unknown Grove
2: The Adventurer's Guild
3: The Dark Woods of Faneor
4: The Lamia's Midnight Meal
5: The Lonely Caretaker
6: The Angel and The Half Elf
7: The Monster Charmer

Content Tag Cloud:
F/f, Lamia, Lilly-Anne, Half Elf, Delilah, Monsters, Mice girls, Humans, Angels, Succubae, Lilliputian, Voraphilia, Head-First, Feet-Second, Digestion, Disposal, Disposal Aftermath, Scat, Poop, Pooping, Urine, Peeing, Decomposition, Rape, Resurrection, Summoning, Lore, Magic, Skills, Verona, Rent-A-Hero, Goddesses and Gods, Futanari, Hermaphrodites, Hazing, Blood, Gore, Violence, Level up, RPG Science Fiction Fantasy Horror, Science Fiction Fantasy, Horror, RPG Leveling System, World Building, Sex, Oral Vore, Birth, Death, The Adventures of Delilah, The Lamia of Faneor Forest, Monster Stories

Book 2: The Lumacan Swamp Merchant

The Lumacan Swamp Merchant

Synopsis:
Who knew trying to capture a mud-frog would be so dangerous?
Delilah stood, slick with bog-fairy cum, surrounded by mud, and stuck in a slime ball that her quarry, a mud-frog, had just spit at her.
First it had been a bog-fairy that had shrunk and used her as a sex aid.
Then the mud-frog attacked.
What she hadn’t expected was for the mud-frog to be snatched out of the air by a snail-girl who was now staring down at her.
Delilah swallowed as she watched the monster consume her quarry and knew that she would surely be next.

Statistics:
First Edition released on June 16th, 2022
Cast Members: 62
Chapters: 10
Page Count: 264
Word Count: 94,198
Average Reading Time: 8 Hours (Based on avg. of 200 wpm)

Chapter Titles:
1: An Examination
2: A Fluffy Infestation
3: The Burrow
4: The Witch's Request
5: Interlude
6: Frog With a Side of Half Elf
7: The Caretaker's Conundrum
8: A Small Problem
9: Haunted Memories
10: The Huntress and her Prey

Content Tags:
(F/f, Ruby/Delilah), (F/f, Delilah/Mice Girls), (F/f, Tabitha/Various), (F/f, Emily/Delilah), (FM/fm, Students/Slaves), Voraphilia, Oral Vore, Soft Vore, Hard Vore, Swallowing, Digestion, Graphic Digestion, Disposal, Disposal Aftermath, Post vore, Toilet, Poop, Pee, Scat, Pooping, Peeing, Urine, Decomposition, Resurrection, Post-Vore-Scat, Post-Digestion, POV, Pre-Vore, Predator, Prey, Reformation, Saliva, Size_Difference, Story, Novel, Writing, Blood, Gore, Fatal, Death, Violence, Rape, Sex, Hazing, Burping, Farting, Casual vore, Consensual, Non-Consensual, Digestion Noises, Human, Half Elf, Snail Girl, Uni-Bunny, Mice Girls, Mouse Girl, Monsters, Lilliputian, Tinies, Monster Girl, Beast Men, Summoning, Magic, Skills, Goddess, God, Male, Female, Hermaphrodite, Futanari, Female_Pred, Female_Prey, Male_Pred, Male_Prey, Implied_Digestion, Inside, Masturbation, Food, Food Play, Nudity, Verona, Rent-A-Hero, School, Lore, World Building, Humor, Drama, Mental Illness, PTSD, Slavery, Shrinking, RPG, Science Fiction Fantasy, Horror, Erotica

Book 3: The Angel of Lamora (Writing phase in progress. Editing phase started.)

The Angel of Lamora

Current Status as of December 13th, 2023:
Main Monsters: Opinal, The Sacred Angel King
Current Plot Point: Picking up where book 2 left off, Delilah has to travel to Lamora city to attend a birthday party and is forced to face justice for her "crimes" committed when she fled from Reliant village.
Current Cast Members: 92 with more certainly to be added.
Chapters: 13
Outline: Complete
Current Phase: Writing and Editing
Writing Phase: In Progress - Chapters 1 through 7 are done. Chapter 8 is nearly done. Chapters 9 and 12 are in progress.
Revision Phase: Started
Current Page Count: 343
Current Word Count: 122,761
Average Reading Time: TBD

Planned Chapter Titles:
1: The Encounter
2: The Grandmaster’s Guild Hall
3: An Abomination of a Trial
4: The Mousey Librarian
5: Our Lady of Lust
6: The Handmaiden
7: Reporting for Duty
8: The Angel in her Tower
9: The Caretaker’s Records
10: A Very Happy Birthday
11: Homecoming
12: Nature's Guardian
13: The Acceptance Letter

Content Tags: TBD

UPDATE: December 13th, 2023

Been a busy month and a half and I didn't get as much writing done as I'd liked to have done.
We are now sitting at 343 pages and 122,761 words.
That may not seem like much progress, but I've also started the editing phase.
On the chopping block were the chapters The Rage of Chaos, The Lonely Lamia, and The Caretaker's Peace.
I hadn't written anything for them yet and upon consideration, the story was heading in a different direction than what I had planned for those chapters to become.
Lilly-Anne's backstory will still come of course, I'll just have to work it in differently with future novels.
The remaining chapters have been reorganized as well.
This brings us to thirteen chapters, down from sixteen, and a more cohesive story progression as well.
With reorganizing done, my plans for the next month are to finish writing chapters 8 and 9, and to start writing chapter 10.

Past updates

UPDATE: October 4th, 2023

September was a mess and I didn't get more than a few pages written.
October is shaping up to be a nice month though.
We are sitting at 330 pages now and a hefty 113,397 words.
Chapter five is finally done and chapter six is zipping along.
See you guys with another update next month. ^^

UPDATE: August 21st, 2023

Updated progress. We are sitting at 305 pages and a hefty 102,446 words.
Added a new chapter, Nature's Guardian.
Despite chapter five feeling like it drags on at 71 pages, at least half of that are updates from "The Voice" and appraisal tables.
Reading through it doesn't make it feel as long as writing it does.
I'd say, overall, I'm about 60% of the way through with writing this book.
It's really coming together nicely.

UPDATE: July 19th, 2023

Updated progress. We are nearing the 300 page threshold.
Swapped titles on Chapter 5 and 6.
Chapter 5 is up to 55 pages so far and will be spilling into chapter 6 so as to not go even longer.
Lots of stuff happening in chapter 5.
Do you want to know more about the mouse girls, from their own point of view?
Chapter 8 and 12 will have you covered. ^^

It's hot out there, stay cool everyone!

UPDATE: June 36th, 2023

(June 36th saved for posterity! Lovely little typo.)
It's been a few months with little progress due to having gone through a lengthy illness.
Antibiotic resistant strep is no joke.
Now that I'm doing much better, I'm back in the saddle so to speak.
Stats are updated for book three.
Nearly done writing chapter 5 which is shaping up to be the longest chapter in the book.

UPDATE: December 26th, 2022

Happy holidays everyone!
Books 1 and 2 have had typos fixed and versions uploaded.
Progress on book 3 is updated.
Sometimes I write out of order.
Chapters 1, 2 and 4 are written and chapters 3, 6, and 7 are in progress.
Currently weighing in at 167 pages.

UPDATE: September 9th, 2022

Been a hot minute since my last update so I thought I post up a progress report.
Writing work has started on Book 3!
Currently have the first chapter just about written and will be moving on to the 2nd.
This is going to be a long book.
Chapter one, before revisions, is sitting at almost 50 pages!
Also included between the chapters will be another The Adventures Guide.
This one introduces Elijah Hemlock, the head archivist for the Arcane Archive faction, as the guide's overall narrator.
I also reread Books 1 and 2 and found more typos.
Will be posting updated versions with those corrections at some point.
Unrelated, I've also been making progress on the Predators Coliseum game as I've been splitting my time between working on that and writing.
UPDATE: July 1st, 2022

Just uploaded the third edition of The Lamia of Faneor Forest.
Only a handful of changes this time.
Fixed typos, table formatting, and rewrote a portion of chapter 2, The Adventures guild, to make it clearer that Tracy knows exactly what Heretic is.

UPDATE: June 16th, 2022

Book 2 is out!
The Lumacan Swamp Merchant
It was a joy writing the novel and I can't wait for you all to find out what hijinks Delilah gets into this time!
Enjoy!

UPDATE: June 20th, 2022

Corrected four typos that Pergo found.
Spirt is actually Spirit. :D
Also updated status on book 3.
Currently making edits on book 1 as there were a few passages that did not come across the way I wanted them too.
The revised third edition will be posted with what I changed once done.
UPDATE: June 6th, 2022

Updated progress on book 2.
Had a hell of a time getting this bonus chapter to work.
Ended up deciding that it'll be more fitting to work it in to the next book rather than trying to force it into this one.
With that out of the way, I'm doing a final read through before posting.
Looking likely to be next week.

UPDATE: April 1st, 2022

Had a false start on the bonus chapter as it was treading into material that won't be revealed until around book 4.
Roberta the mouse girl will be making her appearance after that.
However, progress on Agnes the mouse girl is moving forward rather well.
Will hopefully have this book ready to go this month. ^^

UPDATE: February 17th, 2022

We are now in the revision phase!
My first read through is complete.
Typically I re-read it a few times before it is ready for prime time.
ETA will likely be anywhere from the end of the month to possibly the second week of March depending on what issues / changes I run into or make.
-Feb 18th- Added tag cloud and started writing a bonus chapter!

UPDATE: January 24th, 2022

Writing phase is just about complete and will be moving into the revision phase.

UPDATE: December 24th, 2021

Updated progress on book 2 and added tentative plans on book 3.

UPDATE: December 11th, 2021

The revised second edition for The Lamia of Faneor Forest has been posted and can be viewed / read here: The Lamia of Faneor Forest
Changes include grammar, spelling, and typo fixes, reformatting of paragraph styles and tables, character consistency, and missing content.
Notably, I noticed inconsistencies with Tracy's character between the first and the last chapters.
I corrected those so that her character, and what she is clearly hiding, is more obvious. (Ha ha, joking! ^^)
I also realized, on my seventieth read through, that I never described Lilly-Anne!
Well, that is corrected now and yes, that Lilly-of-the-Valley shape has quite a bit of significance, though you won't find out why for a few books.

Happy reading!
Last edited by nanakra on Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:28 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Where to find me - My Link Tree | Discord: Nanakra#6922

On the development team for: Predator's Coliseum An RPG Maker vore game
nanakra
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: The Adventures of Delilah [Story Discussion and Updates]

Postby Aickavon12 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:04 am

Ooooh I remember this. Glad to see that there's gonna be more.
This song is dedicated to Eka.

Never gonna give you up! Never Gonna let you down! Never gonna run around, desert you!
Aickavon12
???

Postby nanakra » Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:37 am

Aickavon12 wrote:Ooooh I remember this. Glad to see that there's gonna be more.

You bet there will be. Poor Delilah. XD

nanakra
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Graywolf18 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:05 pm

My excitement for the next chapter is building to dangerous levels. Feels like it's closing in and I'm practically buzzing in anticipation.
Graywolf18
New to the forum

Postby nanakra » Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:28 pm

Graywolf18 wrote:My excitement for the next chapter is building to dangerous levels. Feels like it's closing in and I'm practically buzzing in anticipation.

Glad to hear it!
Still have a ways to go before book 3 is ready, though I'm happy to hear that you've enjoyed books 1 and 2.

Last bumped by nanakra on Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:28 pm.

nanakra
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Work to be shared!