Updating Untied Verbeger's 3D Models

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

Updating Untied Verbeger's 3D Models

Postby Borfin » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:07 pm

I've decided that I very, very much want to get back into animation, but I'm still learning how to sculpt characters and I just really needed to get a project going, so here I am!!!

One of my favorite vore animators had released almost all of his models for free for anyone to use and modify (Under a CC0 license, which is public domain if you were curious) and upon loading them up in Blender, they're good, but they could be so much better for animating! For the past 2 days I've been in a huge Blender deep-dive, and this is what I've been able to come up with. I'll be updating the models here and putting them out for people to use once I'm happy with it all, and of course I'm gonna get into making animations of my own too!

Here's what's been done so far, and the reason why:

Horse Man Model:

First problem: Animating with just bones is ok for starters, but in order to get things done faster and MUCH easier, drivers/controllers are important. My favorite character models to use are ones that have a bunch of different controllers that I can just grab, move, keyframe, and be done! Moving a whole limb in just one go is fantastic. However, I noticed that with this guy the controls were severely lacking on multiple parts, one of which was his dick! It only has a few bones attached to it, and another bone for opening up the sheath, nothing else. I need something a bit more robust otherwise I'm gonna have to be animating 10 different things to just get his weiner out! So, I made the Dick Switch©! It's a controller bone that when rotated, turns him on! (Get it yet?)

Spoiler: show

Explanation for how it was done:
It's not all that complex actually! It's done with Action Constraints on the rig. There's 3 bones that make up the penis itself, with another one in the back that's not attached that controls how the sheath deforms.

You set up the action for the bone by opening up Dope Sheet, then setting it to Action Editor instead of just the default Dope Sheet. Click on the bones you want to move, set a keyframe for their translation at 0, then move to whatever keyframe you'd like (I used 20) and move the bone to where it should be at the end of the action. Keyframe that, name it. Then, on the same bone, go to your bone constraints and add an Action constraint. Set the target to the model's entire armature, then on the bone, set it to the actual controller bone. Now there's a couple more options underneath it:

For Target, this tells Blender that the target needs to do this specific thing in order to activate the action. With me so far? So, if I set the Channel under Target to X Rotation, then set it to Local Space (As in tell it to only analyze the local bone's rotation around itself on the given axis) and set it's max range to 100, it's telling Blender to activate the action when the target object is rotated along the X axis until it hits 100, then stop. Then, underneath that we have Action. This is setting what action to use on the constraint, and the action I set for this I titled "Penis_Move". When creating the action we set it to last until frame 20, so that's where we put the end. Start can stay at 1. So, to recap what's actually happening here:

The target is set to dick.004 on the HorseManArmature armature. It has full influence (control) over the action. The target needs to rotate along it's own x axis to trigger the set action, up to 100. The action it's triggering is "Penis_Move", in which the actual action keyframes ended at 20 when created. Now that that's done, when we rotate the target bone, his dick comes flopping out! Hurray!! Now we only have to animate one thing instead of 3! We've already saved ourselves a ton of work, but there's still more to do!

When your dick gets hard, it stretches it out a bit too right? It's not just a set thing, it's organic, it stretches, it bends! So, we'll want to set up the dick bones (I hate that) to stretch a bit when this is activated. You could go about this 2 ways, either setup a stretch to modifier on the bone and point it at another target that you can move freely, or use action constraints to do it for you! I chose option 2, cause I already had the Dick Switch©! It was done much in the same way, except this time I keyframed the scale options instead of the location. NOTE: You can only do one scale axis per action. I don't know why or if this is possible to do under just one action, but it just wasn't working for multiple scale axis' so this is what I was stuck with. Oh well.

I did this only on the x axis for the first 2 bones, but the third one was a bit different. Dick's for the most part tend to get wider too when they're hard, so I setup a few more actions to affect that as well. The 3rd bone has this action for the X, Y, and Z axis, so it stretches out and gets wider at the tip when he's hard. That's all set to the controller bone rotating too!

The last thing I needed to do was setup the sheath bone to open when his dick started to get hard. This was done in the same fashion as the dick stretching actions. I set up an action for the Y and Z axis to expand the sheath open when his dick started going through, and viola! We're done!

There's still some tweaking to be done with the actual animation, as you can see his dick has a tendency to clip through his sheath, but that's an easy fix. This was mostly a proof of concept that I'm turning into the final thing soon!

Second Problem: He's got a great booty hole, but it's just not practical for anything to go into it, penises and people included! Let me show you:

It's got 4 bones that control the deformation, but animating these 4 bones individually would be pretty tedious anytime something (or someone) was moving around in there! So, what do we do? Action constraints? Not this time! This time, we're gonna use the "Limit Distance" constraint.

Explanation:
I wanted each of these bones to react and move out of the way for whatever object gets close to them. I thought that this could be done with colliders, but that's introducing physics to a part that doesn't really need it, and would increase our render times by a lot, so the solution is limit distance constraints! How do they work?

The work by making sure they are a certain distance away from whatever object is specified. The "Clamp Region" is critical to this, as this is telling the object how to react. You'll have 3 options here, "Inside", "Outside", and "On Surface". In 3D terms (and I guess elsewhere), clamping is generally making sure two or more things stay connected in some way. If you set this to Inside, which is the default, it will try to clamp the bone to the inside of whichever object is set to the target. We don't want that, we want it to be essentially propelled by the object, or at least keep it's distance. You want to set this to "Outside". You might be thinking that this should be set to "On Surface", but it's a bit misleading, as "On Surface" clamps it to the surface. As in, when you move the object around it, it will propell the bone, but the bone will continue moving with the object. Setting this to "Outside" gets us the effect we want, and will propell the bones around an object without them being stuck to it. Here's what that looks like with a nice little ball going up his butt:

I can't take complete credit for this though. If I recall correctly, Rayverak showed something similar to this with a model of his that had the same effect, so that's what I tried to recreate here. Don't know if they used the exact method, but hey, it works so thanks!

Third Problem: There was nothing in place for any bulging! I was kinda surprised at this, because in his other animations with this horse model, his neck clearly bulges when he swallows down his prey. Luckily, it's a really easy thing to add/fix, with no not action constraints, but a Cast Modifier on the mesh!

Explanation:
I was a little worried about this one, as I didn't know if this could be done easily or if I would have to model and rig up a throat with bones like his booty hole, but thankfully it's much much easier, even if we are faking it! In the armature's mesh, I went to the modifier panel, and after all the other modifiers I added the "Cast" modifier. The Cast modifier tells one object to deform itself around another target object. It's like the opposite of the "limit distance" constraint we used for the booty hole.

Essentially, we're telling the HorseMan mesh to deform itself around the Sphere Object (at the bottom, not the top! The top one is to set a shape for how the mesh will deform, the bottom one specifies an object in the scene to do that with. For example if you set this to cuboid, then it will deform with a cube shape and not a sphere). All these settings tell the mesh to deform itself around the sphere in just a small radius. I can't really tell you what the individual settings do, as I just kind of fiddled with it to get the result I wanted, but here's what it looks like!

You can set any object to do this with. And if you want a little more control, you can create a specific vertex group to affect with the modifier instead of using the entire mesh. Nice, huh?

I'll be adding more improvements to these models over time, and I'll be uploading them when I'm finished, so if you've been wanting to use some 3D vore models but want a few quality of life updates, keep an eye on this!

Dragon Model:

Man what a hunk, right? I haven't quite done anything with him yet, but I will soon! A lot of the things that need done are the same issues that were on the horse, so that's just a simple matter of setting them up for the dragon model specifically. The dragon though, has a few different things to them. They have an entire throat and stomach model, along with a booty hole and inside of that, and they also have a slit instead of a sheath for their dick.

The throat model I can change to how the horse's swallow works, using a cast modifier to deform the mesh around whichever controller object is used (Hopefully prey :gulp: ). Then, if I plan on doing internal shots, either have the stomach deform with smaller cast modifiers around the specific body parts that the prey uses to push on the stomach, or something akin to that.

As far as his slit goes, instead of being one bone that just stretches out the mesh, this one actually has bones on each side that move. But, that means we can use the Limit Distance modifier much like we did on the horse's booty hole! I'd just need to set the target object to be his dick, and once I have all the action constraints setup for the Dick Switch©, the dick coming out will just move the slit apart. It would also allow for our dragon dude to have some fun with prey who might get a little too curious about what's under that slit...

He's also got wings, but it looks all manual and they don't have an IK chain setup, so I'll add that to make animating them a bit easier. Another thing, I don't really know how Untied_Verbeger setup how the actual wings deform. The mesh has a MeshDeform modifier that's attached to the WingDeform object, so I assume that it's just there to keep the wings from clipping in on themselves, but they don't actually flap or really look like how wings should, so I'll be adding a cloth simulation to them for if I do anything with him flying.

Legs and arms have IK, but they aren't setup to have the pole be separate from the leg controller, so I'll change that. Other than that there's not much I'd want to change or add to him.

Male Ferret Model:

WOW! This is his latest model and he REALLY stepped up his game from the previous 2. Controllers galore, targets, pointers, etc. I'm not really gonna have to do much for this guy, save for making an action for his dick to pop out, but otherwise this one is great!

There's a few more, but they're pretty old and have much of the same problems as the Horse model. I'll add more on to this later with the other models, but for now that's it! See you all next update :D
Just eat me ffs
Borfin
New to the forum

Re: Updating Untied Verbeger's 3D Models

Postby yes » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:36 pm

This is really cool so far! Untied Verbeger is also one of my favorite animators of the fandom. I absolutely love the horse guy especially. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of these improvements. And any animations that you put out with these improvements.
yes
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Borfin » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:29 pm

yes wrote:This is really cool so far! Untied Verbeger is also one of my favorite animators of the fandom. I absolutely love the horse guy especially. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of these improvements. And any animations that you put out with these improvements.

I hope to do so soon! It's just, now that I have all this I'm not really sure what kind of animation to do! But I got something in the works that I think y'all will enjoy :D
Just eat me ffs
Borfin
New to the forum

Postby slyfoxxl » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:01 pm

Certainly has me interested. Good luck with the work and am looking forward to see what you produce once the ground work is done.
slyfoxxl
New to the forum

Postby UnidentifiedTurian » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:39 pm

Nice thread, I haven't had experience with blender's bones and animating controls yet, so this was interesting to see the problem solving process. :D
UnidentifiedTurian
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Borfin » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:36 am

UnidentifiedTurian wrote:Nice thread, I haven't had experience with blender's bones and animating controls yet, so this was interesting to see the problem solving process. :D

That's the thing about 3D that I love: There's multiple ways to solve an issue, and none of them are wrong! As long as you get the results you want, it works! :D
Just eat me ffs
Borfin
New to the forum

Return to Work to be shared!