Looking for a freeware program that will do THIS:

Strega's fans goes here

Moderator: Strega

Looking for a freeware program that will do THIS:

Postby Strega » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:40 am

1. I want to be able to do screen caps from vore videos. Sometimes there is no other reference pic available for certain characters.

2. I want to be able to snip out sections of vore videos and make them smaller, still playable, unmodified (other than the snipping) files. So if I liked seconds 15-30 of a 3 minute vore video I could snip them out.

Is there anything out there that will fill my needs?

-- Strega
Strega
hungry woozle

Re: Looking for a freeware program that will do THIS:

Postby Wolfwood » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:46 am

so, like screen caps from movie clips and stuff?
powerDVD can do that. even with non dvd clips.
or if ya got a Mac, they take screen capsof what the movie player is showing at the time unlike pc's.
if its free is another question ^^; may be a trial or demo around

as for the second thing, a ripping program i used to have did that, but it wasnt free and it lost it when my comp died ^^;

there are free flv converters out there. so you could use them to make vids small in size and file size. and something like windows media maker would be good for cutting parts out of vids.

anyway, hope that was some type of help if any ^^;
Wolfwood
Stab-Happy n' sneaky

Postby ImaginaryZ » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:34 am

http://www.virtualdub.org/

Not the easiest to use, but it will let you clip/resise and whatever videos, prodived you have the codecs to do so. Might also check out:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow

Which is the video codecs usually needed. good luck! (You can IM me for addisional help)
Loving-Ultra-Cuddle-Soft-Vore aficionado;
Fur Affinity
Deviant Art
YouTube
Nothing worth doing is easy!
ImaginaryZ
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby derWandersmann » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:53 am

If you've got some sort of ftp connection, I can get a matching one; I have FTP Commander, and it reaches any number of servers. It's free to download. Anyway, I can post Power DVD for you to download, I think. It's part of my H-P burner software.

A word of warning: It HATES Roxio, and won't install where there's any Roxio. I think Adaptec is part of Roxio, but I'm not sure.
derWandersmann
Participator

Postby oldman40k2003 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:32 pm

Strega wrote:1. I want to be able to do screen caps from vore videos. Sometimes there is no other reference pic available for certain characters.

2. I want to be able to snip out sections of vore videos and make them smaller, still playable, unmodified (other than the snipping) files. So if I liked seconds 15-30 of a 3 minute vore video I could snip them out.

Is there anything out there that will fill my needs?
-- Strega

I agree with ImaginaryZ that virtualdub (or virtualdubmod, which is a slightly modified version that adds a few file types) will do what you need it to do. It can also save a video as an image sequence.

However, due to some patents and copyrights and etc. virtualdub cannot open all video files, especially some of the rarer ones. To convert from these odd formats to a more common one I use a (free) video converter called SUPER.
Eye see you.
oldman40k2003
Vorefinder

Re:

Postby Jeice » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:54 pm

whats wrong with VLC for screenshots, and Windows Movie Maker for clips?
Jeice
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby SeruOmen » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:23 pm

If you have Windows XP Home edition, then Windows Media Maker should have come with it- the program Wolfwood was talkin bout. It's a very user-friendly drag-and-drop program with quick buttons for snipping out parts of a scene, as well as taking a screen shot.
Dry Erase Kitty- where else can you find feline zombie computer viruses and inbred demon kittens?
http://dryerasekitty.thecomicseries.com/comics/
SeruOmen
I like sword

Re:

Postby AV » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:49 pm

Also, You are able to take ordinary printscreens with Windows Media Player if you turn machine acceleration to none.

.. Or was it maximum? Regardless.. That should work.
AV
Been posting for a bit

Re:

Postby Chrisis » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:31 am

Fraps... its free, can take video of smal segments, and can take pictures...
Integrated Isicera, Devourer of the Omniverse here to enlighten, devour, and transcend. <3
Chrisis
The eternal procrastinator

Re:

Postby Eric » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:47 am

I've got a solution a bit simpler. Super Screen Recorder (free when unregistered) and Windows Movie Maker. You record a part of the screen, or the whole thing, for as long as you like, hit Stop, save it, then snip parts out with Windows Movie Maker. Voila. If you'd like either program, PM me and I'll give you a link.
Eric
fuzzy thing

Re:

Postby TalenKlaive » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:44 pm

AV wrote:Also, You are able to take ordinary printscreens with Windows Media Player if you turn machine acceleration to none.

.. Or was it maximum? Regardless.. That should work.

Just use media player classic. I'm able to make screenshots of any filetype playing without having to sacrifice directplay acceleration (the directx component that usually intereferes). To take a screenshot in windows, just press print screen. It copies whatever is on the screen at that moment to the clipboard, then just go into any image editing program and paste it as a new image.

For clipping sections out of videos, you can use windows movie maker, quicktime pro, quicktime alternative, vlc player, or virtual dub. It all depends on what the source clip is. quicktime pro/quicktime alternative is good if they're mpeg2, or mov files. VLC is pretty good all around (except mov files), and virtualdub is also pretty good all around, except you'll need whatever codecs were used in the source file. Also, download the combined community codec pack, its free and contains most of the commonly used codecs.

media player classic: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Media_Player_Classic.htm
quicktime alternative: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm
CCCP (codec pack):
http://www.cccp-project.net/
TalenKlaive
Been posting for a bit

Re:

Postby CatToy » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:23 pm

You can use this website
http://media-convert.com/convert/

It lets you convert videos from one format to another and you can also cut out a part of it or resize it at the same time. You don't even need to download and install anything to use it.

To download a youtube video use this site
http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php
CatToy
Participator

Postby acex007 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:18 pm

why not live stream them? you can record your screen adjusting the size of the capture area i use livestream procaster its all free and you can download your videos after wards in your studio hope this helps
My RP post for anyone curious viewtopic.php?f=31&t=27589
acex007
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby copb.phoenix » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:38 pm

VLC Media Player works fine for that. I'm in Ubuntu Linux 10.04 (not Windows or OSX), but the two options you'd want from the main menus appear to be
Video >> Snapshot
and
File >> Convert/Save

On windows, there's also S.U.P.E.R. (C), which I loved for video transcoding. You wouldn't want to use it for trying to take snapshots, though.

If you're geeky and not afraid of command lines, Mencoder... There's a small plethora of choices in Linux that I don't have the time it would take to list (However, PiTiVi may be worth a look, even if you're on another system). Then, of course, Windows Movie Maker... Or iMovie...
We got words! Words! Words! PANCAKES! (( ad1das ))
copb.phoenix
Somewhat familiar

Return to Strega's kingdom