Insane dragon fan incident #517

Strega's fans goes here

Moderator: Strega

Insane dragon fan incident #517

Postby Strega » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:58 am

I'm tired of dealing with that nutjob over on "The other forum." The board moderator refuses to do anything, and the best response in my opinion is just not to reply to Drac's ranting. Somehow I have become the focus of his attention on that board and it's a rare post by this git that does not mention me in some demeaning way.

Now, the average bully will lose interest if you ignore him, but Drac is made of sterner stuff. His latest tack was to write a story based on my latest drawing, with unfortunate things happen to the furry preds who are eating the scaly. Luckily I came across it while in a good mood, so I took it in stride.

The man has emotional issues. 'OH NOES! No one's paying attention to me! Cut! Cut! Cut!' I don't mind that he has problems with dragons being eaten. Killrez has problems with wolves being eaten and we get along reasonably well. Galis and Stalbon hate seeing dragons get eaten and we're good friends, though there were some early incients with Stalbon. 83 The problem is that Drac goes out of his way to find art where bad things are happening to his cherished scalies and then flies into a screaming rage.

He's a child in a man's body. Unfortunately the only person who could curb his excesses, the board moderator, refuses to address the issue. I don't want to blow up at said moderator because we've been friends for years, but I am thinking about leaving that bulletin board as a result of this inaction. Maybe I'll just stop posting stuff there and surrender the place to Drac. Clearly the board moderator values Drac's presense more than he values civil discourse. *Sigh*

-- Strega
Last edited by Strega on Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strega
hungry woozle

Re: Insane dragon fan incident #517

Postby Throku » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:44 am

Hmm feels like you've been his target all along. First time I saw him was when he tried to "pursuade" you to do dragon art/stories and get them published.

As for big gulp, I dunno after my computer crash I have to admitt I haven't returned there eventhough I used to go there several times a day and I don't miss it.
Seriously what is there to be had? When I found it in 1998 it was a club for a selective few the few new ones that arrived were not made fun of or anything they were just totally and utterly ignored.
As time passed it evolved into an rp-board and some thought that playing human was lame and it again took a turn making all the human artists and writers say "fuck off" and leave and then it was a furry board only with the occasional flame war to clean things up a bit since everyone didn't seem to have a shedding season and got a little too hairy after a while.
Then mr. el draco diablo appeared and after that I felt that the board was just a never ending flamewar. Coming straight out of hell, fire didn't seem to affect that bastard much so... like you said, if the mod won't do anything, why should the others have to put up with it?
There are now a few other places one could go, like here and hopefully Eka will have some means off keeping that thing out of here should he try to follow.
I don't know if you are like me at all, but I went to Big Gulp at first because it was cool to have found a vore site and then because it ended up the only place left to go, but that isn't true anymore.

Since I've been around this long, I do know to some degree what you've done and meant for the community and I am greatly thankful for you being who you are and having you around. (Gasp...me about a furry?!)
If I don't recall incorrectly even this site used to be "Strega's Portal", so technically you're the "second mother" of this now great and thriving wonderful site.

Perhaps you view the "other board" in a different way that I, but I feel that it has outlived itself, surrender it to drac? Well as far as I see it, it is already dead. So the only issue would be about letting him desecrate the dead that lie there or not.

All in all what I'm trying to say really is probably that:
Why go there and get upset? Come here more instead where you are appriciated! ;)
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby Sharde » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:55 am

I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve never really commented much on your art, Strega, but then I rarely ever comment on anyone’s work. But that doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate it. Sure, I’ve seen some of your works I don’t personally like (preference based, not as a result of your talent). On the other hand, I’ve also seen a few of your works that I DO like. It balances out because you vary what you draw. But I for one will not complain because you drew a picture of something I don’t like. It’s not for me to decide what you deem fit to draw. That’s your choice, and it’s something YOU enjoy. What I think shouldn’t matter. If anything, I encourage you to keep on going, because you’re good at what you do, and your work provides enjoyment for many in this community.

And while I agree with Rodent that this Drac fellow has a right his opinions, it shouldn’t be allowed to go this far; not at the expense of someone else feeling abused merely for wishing to please others. It’s a sad, sad day when a guy can no longer post his art for the enjoyment of others because one other person cannot let sleeping dogs lie, lacks the maturity to simply refrain from looking, and worst of all, sadly lacks the ability to show some respect for those that have a difference of opinion.

This may be a vore community, but ramming one’s own opinions down another’s throat isn’t vore: It’s just plain disrespect.
Sharde
Mysterious Wolf (With a cloak)

Postby Terastas » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:25 am

Drac is a troller, and he goes after you so maliciously because he knows you're a respected member of our community (you are the only one that's contributed so much he needs two galleries on Vor-Com). When he insults your artwork, he also insults the people that appreciate it. Simply put, he's trying to alienate, offend and descriminate against as many vores as possible.

As I said on "the other forum," there are types of vore that I don't like as well (and trust me, you've drawn a lot of it), but most of us are well aware that the majority at large has absolutely no love for vore of any kind, so the most you'll get from most of us is a request for content flags in the future. Drac, on the other hand, only ever seems to post when he's offended, so evidently he never went through the "this is wrong" phase most of us went through before we did our "eat furries" Google searches and found out we weren't alone. :wink:

As for his behavior, calling people childish for disagreeing him, boasting his credentials and such, that's just his flamewar technique. Mike Reed describes the various flame techniques fairly well. To me, Drac comes across as Jerk with a mix of Blowhard and Profundus Maximus as his technique.

When you scrape away all the boasting and bullshit, Drac is just your typical flamer, and it wouldn't surprise me if somewhere on an SA-inspired forum, some 15-year-old ICP fan is laughing hysterically at us. I'm more ashamed of "the other forum's" webmaster for permitting this to continue on for so long.

Don't let guys like Drac get to you, because they're a dime a dozen. I wish I could buy him for what he's worth and sell him for what he says he's worth.
Terastas
Cobalt Cat

Re:

Postby Jag » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:54 am

It's hard to reach people with a lone message Strega. I'd love for people to actually not bother with Drac, but like myself when he says something I've just got to reply with something more. I don't usually debate trolls over most things, although when I do its clearly a mental problem with me. I'm not saying Drac's in my head, its just that once I start debating over something as stupid as what he has to say, that I don't really wish to stop.

Now as has said, Drac is not your typical troll or poster. He may in fact have published his works and done history channel specials and yadda yadda. The fact of the matter is that I still don't really believe any of that. Unless you take a good hard look at the proof that surrounds what Drac claims, then he's merely a kid posting things. I've yet to gather any proof except for what's come out of his mouth and others I've talked with.

The underlying problem is Drac does have emotional issues. If he did in fact fight in a war, which I believe would have to have been WW II, then I would have to say the problems stem from that. It shows both his narrowed mind to the Japanese culture and to other works of fiction.

I do agree that something should have been done by now. At least a good chunk of those responses should have been deleted. Although as long as you keep ignoring Drac then the more he won't post. I don't think it had anything to do with you stopping your posting, but if you feel that its right then I think its for the best. In fact posting things around here would probably be best since more people probably check these boards for new updates rather then over at the other forum.
RAWR! I'm a kitty!
Jag
RAWR! I'm a kitty!

Re:

Postby Strega » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:09 am

Well, I don't think I will leave the BG board entirely, but I may stop posting pics there. If I do decide to do that, I am not going to post a message there stating it. The temptation to say something nasty about Snake or Drac would be too great, and it's classier to just be silent about it. 83
Strega
hungry woozle

Re:

Postby Chrisis » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:09 am

Wow O_o I am soooooooooooooo glad you guys are more mature than me, this vengefull spirit would do a long spree of only scaly prey just to make a troll pop *is saddly that childish ^^;* As one of the few who doesn't visit the other board, and is even unsure if it is big-gulp, yum chat etc. I'd like to know what the moderator is supposed to do, and what they are doing instead :-s. Does Drac do this garbage to every scaly prey out there? Or mainly your work cause of your vorish fame?
Integrated Isicera, Devourer of the Omniverse here to enlighten, devour, and transcend. <3
Chrisis
The eternal procrastinator

Re:

Postby Jag » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:14 am

*Gives woozle a monocle for extra class*

Indeed, being the classy person is the best option. Although not posting pictures would possible cut down on the time Drac spends prowling around the board.
RAWR! I'm a kitty!
Jag
RAWR! I'm a kitty!

Re:

Postby BioRebel » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:36 am

Jeez, as much as I sometimes dont like to see dragons being unwillingly gulped down, I find it hard to believe that someone would go so nuts over something like this.
>_>
<_<
*Does the sexy husky dance*
BioRebel
Participator

Re:

Postby blackrain » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:31 pm

Strega let me say that I’ve read Drac’s story, it was ok, but I didn’t like the blowing up part. This is the first time I’ve heard of Drac flaming you. For the most part I love most of your drawings, there are a few that I don’t care for, but I don’t go around writing/drawing hate stuff against you. You were one of the first vore artist I found, it helped me find out what this wired thing I like about women being swallowed. I like you dragon prey stuff, its sometimes good to see a pred like a Dragon become a prey sometimes.
I remember when I first started drawing and posted something to the big gulp board letting people there know that I have new art in my album. Someone there posted that the big gulp board was for furry’s only and that I human only and shouldn’t post there. So I did just to keep people like Drac from flaming me. Eka’s was good enough to post at with enough people that the big gulp board didn’t need me there.
Well just keep up the great work Strega, and don’t let people like Drac get you down.
Out of the darkness I will come.
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=648767
blackrain
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Terastas » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:32 pm

Chrisis wrote:Wow O_o I am soooooooooooooo glad you guys are more mature than me, this vengefull spirit would do a long spree of only scaly prey just to make a troll pop *is saddly that childish ^^;* As one of the few who doesn't visit the other board, and is even unsure if it is big-gulp, yum chat etc. I'd like to know what the moderator is supposed to do, and what they are doing instead :-s. Does Drac do this garbage to every scaly prey out there? Or mainly your work cause of your vorish fame?

I admit I'm no better. I was suddenly inspired to write a story in which the intended protagonist was rolling his eyes and tapping his foot impatiently as a dragon droned on about how magnificent he is. I admire the way you're handling this Strega, by offering him as little as possible, but if anything, the way the thread has escalated out of control just proves to me I was right about him not caring who he's pissing off. He'll engage in flame warfare with anyone, even Rodent, who had originally spoken in his defense.

Drac isn't the first popular flamer I've seen before. He's reached a point where other members of the BG community are willing to kiss his ass and defend him by describing him as a poster with intelligent critique instead of serious issues. The same thing happened a while ago before I'd even discovered furry and vore at a forum called Cheat Planet where I used to be a moderator, at least until a certain whackjob with the alias Boffo the Clown recruited enough of a following to convince the webmaster to make him an administrator (the first thing he did was ban me and all the other veteran posters that had accused him of bannable offenses).

When a flamer becomes a celebrated member of an online forum, it's an indication that the forum is no longer worth posting at. No doubt in my mind, Snake is going to let the same thing happen to the current BG that happened to the last one, except every time he opens a new one, fewer and fewer people are going to follow him.

*pat-pats the woozle* You did absolutely nothing to provoke this Strega. Just consider it a complement that he thought picking on you alone would hurt the community the most.
Last edited by Terastas on Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Terastas
Cobalt Cat

Re:

Postby FatJaguar » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:33 pm

:-P I'd do the same thing Chrisis. *Voluntarily joins the "Immature and Vindictive R Us" club.

There's just no effective and clear way to deal with people like him. If this clown doesn't like something, he shouldn't look for it. It takes a lot less time and energy to just pretend something doesn't exist than to actively seek out said subject matter and dream up ways to combat it.

Personally, I'd opt to make him feel insignificant and stupid through strategic application of certain key insults, weaved into a sturdy frame work of irrefutable proof contesting what a magnificent specimen of douche bag he is.

:-P But that’s just me. I actually wouldn’t recommend it. (No matter how tempting it may be) I’ve discovered that most people don’t really respond well to being told they are stupid. :-P And he seems rather flammable as it is.
FatJaguar

Re:

Postby Deioth » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:38 pm

This is what you do when you see Drac post anything or reply to you:
1. Ignore it and move on, never reading anything more than subject and name
Failing that...
2. Write out your reply and hit the back button, thus never posting it, but getting the weight off your chest

You'll have said what you wanted to say and you take the better man's path by not revealing your thoughts to anyone but yourself and prove your maturity by leaving him to rant alone on his own stupid agenda.

I never bother even reading what Drac has to say anymore, even Jonah who has felt the need to attack me in his defense of Drac, (I happily ignore Methen, for that matter) and don't bother getting involved. Once you read the troll's post, it's human nature to want to respond because you feel you should defend yourself. It's always best to stick to step one and never reach step two.

Post all you want there. You have every right to. Just ignore people like Drac because it's not worth getting involved, short of you being a moderator, and none of us are over there, so just move on.
Deioth
The second "Our One and Only" Minotaur

Re:

Postby Laesd » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:40 pm

I hear you, Strega. This person is pretty much either a Troll or a complete nutjob, if a friend of mine would behave that way i`d probably have to hurt him/her/it. I just cant see anyone, not even the persons Mother defending that sort of behaviour. Or well, if the ones that do had webcams maybe I could, but I wouldn't believe it!!! :D
Laesd
New to the forum

Re:

Postby Eka » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:51 pm

I would like to say a few things, but as far as I considers, this is still Strega's forum. And since he started the topic. This forum will be unmoderated. Otherwise. I'm going to feel rather difficult about all the talking behind someone's back. Drac, while he -have- been warned about his behavior about changing topics with a slight bit of rude and disrespecting undertone. (Check here ) He is still going to be allowed to be here. Given that he make no attempt to insult any artist/author and their preferences. Since, the contributor is the most important thing in this portal after all.

So, basically, yes. We will try to stop any flame war or insult around here as soon as it starts. Evidently, it doesn't need to be that way. (check here for example. I think the conversation ended rather well... compare to those happening in "the other forum" anyway... :roll: )

So the problem is largely solved. But, still, there is the problem of whether he is doing is acceptable or not. Or the web master is under bribery to let him stick around or not. I'm afraid I rather not participates in that particular discussion.

People should still feel free to post anything wherever they want. The way I see it, most people will check both place anyway. Those that don't, will start to check both place when their favorite artists/author started posing in the other place. So, I say the most important thing is how you feel. If you don't mind it. Keep going at it. And if it really does bug you. There are no reason to stress over where to post your message. There are tons of places you can do the same thing and indent are largely the same.
Eka
Administrator

Re: Insane dragon fan incident #517

Postby Mitch » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:17 pm

Strega wrote:His latest tack was to write a story based on my latest drawing, with unfortunate things happen to the furry preds who are eating the scaly.

...I don't mind that he has problems with dragons being eaten. Killrez has problems with wolves being eaten and we get along reasonably well.

I know it's not really my place to butt in with this, as it's probably been beaten to death in the topic already, but... Why do certain people have problems with preds of a certain kind getting eaten? It happens naturally in the world all the time. Sure, you won't see a rabbit eating a wolf or a goldfish eating a crocodile, but other preds will eat a fallen pred member.

And no, I'm not taking sides here. Just wondering why some people see that as something bad.
Is your navel edible?
Mitch
Somewhat familiar

Re:

Postby jackalopebob » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:26 pm

trolls are an inevitable part of any forum. I just try and ignore them until they say something funny, or that can be played off of for the amusement of myself and others.
like the Hamster saddle.
I've found few trolls can stand up to being a source of amusement for long.
jackalopebob
Advanced Vorarephile

Re:

Postby Naman » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:50 pm

Just popping in to say that, Strega, even though I don't like your art, I have an incredible amount of respect and just general liking for you as a person. For all that's happened, for all the popularity you've accrued, you've acted even better than I would have when faced with situations like that. I'm glad you're finally getting away from that... mess to an extent, and hope it helps you feel better in time. Anyhow, vale!
Naman
something normal

Re:

Postby Naman » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:20 pm

jackalopebob wrote:trolls are an inevitable part of any forum. I just try and ignore them until they say something funny, or that can be played off of for the amusement of myself and others.
like the Hamster saddle.
I've found few trolls can stand up to being a source of amusement for long.

Yes, but the same trolls trolling over and over don't happen in a properly run forum. :P
Naman
something normal

Postby Terastas » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:52 pm

Just for the record, the old "ignore the bully" technique doesn't work. Most trollers will find just as much delight in a lack of response and just enjoy poking harder until they provoke a reaction.

Strega had the best idea: he refrained from responding to Drac on the BG board where he had no say in the matter, and he deleted Drac's comments at the Portal where he did. The "ignore the bully" technique only works when you know a moderator, administrator etc. will eventually take care of the troller in a more effective manor, which I'm sorry to say no longer seems true of BG anymore.

All things considered, I've only really lost respect for three people (Drac being one of them) out of this debocle. It's not like Drac did anything to force the other two against me, more like I just realized something about those two that I wouldn't have known otherwise. So you know what? All things considered, I'm glad Drac came along. He was an eye-opener to a problem that would have just hurt much harder further down the road.
Terastas
Cobalt Cat

Next

Return to Strega's kingdom