The Stalker (Whitebrand and Lyanna)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Re: The Stalker (Whitebrand and Lyanna)

Postby Lyanna » Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:35 pm

Lyanna gently grabs Mila's shoulder and gives it a little squeeze, trying to get her to calm down. She clears her throat and steps forward a bit, addressing the masked woman.

"So... you seem to know a lot about this place, maybe you can clarify some things for us. Where exactly we are, what this place is... who the master is and what he wants? I'm sure we'd feel a lot better if we weren't in the dark about all of that. It would be really appreciated if you'd enlighten us."

Her tone is warm, gentle. Not a bad "customer service" voice.
Lyanna
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:02 pm

"This place is the home of our master, Lord Brand," Michiko said. "In the western mountains of Aesland, over a valley called Whitevalley by the local inhabitants. We are his brides, in every sense of the term. He loves us, and we love him. As will you in time."

"Like hell," Mila growled. "I love Chloe. That's it. No way I'll get down with that...that..."

Chloe quieted Mila with a cautionary hand on her wrists. Lyanna was doing so well, and Michiko seemed cooperative. Mostly.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Lyanna » Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:58 pm

Lyanna smiles warmly and nods, letting Chloe keep Mila well-behaved. She keeps her attention on Michiko as she tries to get more information out of her, being sure to keep her tone a curious one. Of course she is still visibly nervous about all of this but that probably isn't suspicious under the circumstances.

"Big place and kind of remote then, it must have a large staff living here?"
Lyanna
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Whitebrand » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:26 pm

"We are the staff," Michiko explained. "And we have our master's magic helping the day-to-day care of our home. I promise no toilet scrubbing. Unless you've done something very foolish.

"There are traders and other sorts who come to visit and do business with our master, of course. His wealth comes from somewhere, after all. He tends to them, of course. Our job it to take care of our master."

Michiko's tone was pregnant with barely restrained amusement.

"You are beyond harm here," she said. "With our master shielding us from the world, there is nothing to fear anymore."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Lyanna » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:24 pm

Seemingly anticipating some sort of quip from Mila (Lyanna can think of a few herself), Lyanna reaches back to gently squeeze her arm. She nods slowly, demonstrating understanding. Still smiling, still warm and friendly. She doesn't want to seem to pushy or suspicious, though she can't hide how anxious she is. Again, she suspects that it's expected right now.

"Ok, thanks. Think maybe someone could show us around? We're all feeling a bit overwhelmed, and confined. It would be a big relief to actually see what's here in detail."
Lyanna
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Whitebrand » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:52 pm

"I can show you around after I finish my errand," Michiko said, sounding noticeably cheerier. "I shall only be a few minutes."

That said, Michiko collected a large covered tray that none of the girls had somehow noticed before. She bowed to the three before turning and leaving the kitchen, her tails flowing gracefully behind her.

"Someone has really drunk the Kool-Aid," Mila said.

"I think the more we get out of her the better off we'll be," Chloe replied. "Lyanna has the right of it. Polite and calm. We can take action later."

She kissed Mila's cheek.

"And that's for what you said about me."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Lyanna » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:28 pm

Lyanna nods with that warm, grateful smile as the strange woman answers and then leaves. She lets out a little sigh after that and lets the facade drop, her tense and anxious expression returning.

"Yeah... I'm worried that we're going to get served up a big glass of it too. I want to figure out what's going on so we can avoid that. So... we get information that we can act on when the opportunity arises. Right?"
Lyanna
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:18 pm

"That's the plan," Chloe affirmed. "So for now we wait."

Chloe stroked Mila's arm to calm her as they waited in the kitchen. Mila just held Chloe's hand and looked worried.

A few minutes later the masked kitsune returned. She bowed to the three girls.

"If you would follow me, please," she said. "We will start with this floor. There are luxuries here you would never have dreamed of having in your normal lives, I assure you."

"I don't care about toys," Mila started to say, but a calming hand from Chloe calmed her.

"There are a great many things besides toys," Michiko assured her.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Lyanna » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:49 pm

Lyanna gives Michiko a little curtsy in response to the bow, or something vaguely resembling one anyway. She's still smiling, still trying to appear calm, pleasant, and docile, and not at all like someone who is internally screaming to get the hell out of here inside a muddled mind. She wonders how much it's getting to Mila to make her so impulsive; more, less?

She follows quickly after the kitsune, and trying to calm Mila she answers "Well it should all be interesting, I think. I've never seen any place like this, except maybe in pictures."
Lyanna
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Whitebrand » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:14 pm

Michiko led them down the large hallways of the complex.

"Our master is very aware that boredom is an enemy," she told them. "So the many rooms of this level are dedicated to various hobbies and activities. Gym, gaming rooms, music rooms, a very large library..."

The level had the feel of a university, with different rooms dedicated to different subjects. Some looked well used while others seemed newer.

The library turned out to be the biggest room in the level with many rows of bookshelves and well organized by subject. Most other rooms were sized for two or three people at a time, with plenty of materials related to many different hobbies.

Boredom didnt seem to be much of a problem here.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Lyanna » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:48 pm

Of course, this is not Lyanna's concern with the place. She has to play nice though so as not to raise too much suspicion. The kitsune must know there's still a flight risk from the new girls. So Lyanna keeps her responses and her questions innocuous. She makes a mental map of the place and looks around for anything they can use.

Really nice place though, it would be great to stay in under more willing circumstances...

"It's incredible! I'm curious though where I'd go if I wanted to get some fresh air?"
Lyanna
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Whitebrand » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:39 pm

"The garden area is above the residential level," Michiko said placidly. "It is open to the air. It is where the master's tea party as happening now."

The mask hid the kitsune's expression, but the frequent glances she threw in Lyanna's direction had a sort of "knowing" feel to them. Perhaps she was experienced enough to guess what Lyanna was up to...and didnt seem bothered at all.

In terms of raw material there was certainly potential to craft or make tools they might be able to use for escape. There was even climbing gear in the gym room for a climbing wall...with no visible attempt at security.

Weapons might be a bit trickier...especially since the dragon was likely the only one they might need to use them on. Hopefully. Unless they wanted to take hostages...
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Lyanna » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:47 pm

Lyanna's making it seem as innocuous as she can. She continues to ask questions, playing the part of the curious cat. Mental notes are made of any possible avenue for escape but she gives the appearance of being genuine and doesn't react when she notices the kitsune might be suspicious. After a little while she asks:

"You do seem busy and I don't want to take up too much of your time. Is there maybe someone who could give us a proper tour?"
Lyanna
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:52 am

"Is my service inadequate?" Michiko asked. "I can summon our master of you like. Or perhaps you could tell me where I am failing you?"

She stared at Lyanna through her fox mask.

"Um," Chloe spoke up. "No. By all means, please continue."

"In addition to the bathrooms in your private quarters there is a large communal pool on the level below us. Pleasantly heated and fine for swimming or soaking. The other rooms in the lower level are for storage.

"The level above is is, of course, the residential area. Above that is the garden. Do you have any other questions?"
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Lyanna » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:04 pm

Lyanna looks genuinely surprised at that response; she was certainly trying to be polite. She makes a mental note of the reaction. She lets Chloe take the lead and waits until the next opportunity to ask a question.

"I'm of course a bit curious what's on our... calendar, so to speak. Anything we can reference regarding that?"
Lyanna
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:52 pm

"Calendar?"

The kitsune tilted her head for a moment.

"You have been given a few days to acclimatize," she said after a moment. "To do with as you wish. Even attempt to escape. Then our master will claim you and you will enjoy the rest of your days and nights as part of our family."

She seemed to be smiling under the mask, but it was hard to tell.

"Going outside our home will eventually be permitted," she went on. "Along with all other privileges. Don't worry. All will be well. Does that answer your questions?"
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Lyanna » Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:55 pm

Lyanna smiles anxiously. This is going nowhere, and this woman creeps her the hell out. So she nods and as politely and pleasantly as she can she replies "Yes, thank you very much." She looks for the first opportunity for them to dismiss themselves and takes it, finding them some place quiet and waiting for a few minutes before going to track down the others.

Once they're back in relative privacy, she sits nervously on a large cushion and processes what they've learned. It's awkwardly quiet for a while before she speaks up. "Sooo... what all have we learned then?"
Lyanna
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:55 pm

"The layout looks mazelike at first, but it's actually pretty simple once you think about it," Mila said, slipping into her professional voice. "I noticed our guide didn't take us anywhere near any obvious entrances or exits."

"They seem pretty confident we won't escape," Chloe added. "They don't seem to lock up anything here. Everything's out in the open."

"No security at all," Mila agreed."that makes me uneasy."

Chloe looked at Lyanna.

"What did you notice?"
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Lyanna » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:51 pm

Lyanna paces around a bit as she listens and ponders their predicament. She is quiet until addressed.

"Not much else, but I'm thinking about what we saw implies. So, the kitsune is mainlining the kool-aid. She definitely knows we want out, she's probably seen this before. She is confident getting out is futile."

She sighs a bit.

"If there's really not much security, and if we were told the truth about being somewhere remote? Isolation probably is the security, right? Plus, that dragon tracked me easily enough even in a city. I bet he can do the same for any of us. So I'm guessing that we need to find out how he does that and how to elude him, and we also need to find some supplies for what could be a long hike. Though if we could actually check to see if we're actually in the middle of nowhere, that would be good."
Lyanna
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Whitebrand » Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:04 am

As the girls returned to the residential area, they heard raised voices in ant argument.

"Well maybe I don't want to go back to driving buses for the rest of my life!"

"So you want to be some guy's plaything for the rest of it?" Anna was saying.

"I don't have anything back home! Not even a cat! This place has...everything I've ever dreamed of!"

"That's just him in your head," Anna retorted.

"It's my choice!" Caroline raged.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

PreviousNext

Return to Private Roleplay