Hilda's Oni-Filled Turnabout (TryMeIke & MrMetroid)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Re: Hilda's Oni-Filled Turnabout (TryMeIke & MrMetroid)

Postby TryMeIke » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:18 am

hilda leans back to the wall. "alright, remember how I told you would answer any questions about my abilities after I had you good and sealed and mine? feel free to ask now, will reply as long as am able to answer the question."
TryMeIke
Heavy user

Postby MrMetroid » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:31 am

“*scoff* How about you tell us how to get the hell back out!?” Akimi shouts, slamming her shoulder against Hilda’s stomach walls for emphasis. She and Nagisa both seem to be ignoring their food, as if they think it a disgrace to accept anything from their captor-turned-host, with Nagisa irritably scratching at the seal on her arm as if trying to peal it away. Eventually she tries to summon her doppelgängers again, only to grind her teeth when she finds it won’t work.

“Well… I’m curious how you found us out so easily” Saika questioned, slurping up the rest of her meal in short order. “You not only saw right through us, but tracked us all down across the island” We hid across the island, intending to catch any human that evaded or ignored our invitation to dinner… but you seem to have located us all without any trouble.” Next to her, Sumida tentatively slurps at the broth before gradually taking a few larger sips.

“I am more interested in how you seem immune to harm” Miwa comments, tipping back her bowl and downing her meal in one go. *uuuuurp* “Magical and physical attacks seem to glance off of you like water or dust against a diamond. I have never heard of any jutsu that provides such perfect resistance before.” Beneath Miwa, Haruka coughs and splutters as she finishes choking down the stew Miwa had tipped into her mouth, a look of anger and humiliation on her face as she glares at the pudgy oni who’s weight keeps her from struggling any further.

( today was a long busy day with a very early shift; tomorrow will be a short one, so here’s hoping i actually get the night to make more frequent replies :( )
MrMetroid
Somewhat familiar

Postby TryMeIke » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:36 am

"oh that's simple. it's the paragon power I was born with. simply put, I can choose each day to be immune to any one thing. and gain total immunity to it, both offensively and defensively. I just chose to be immune to your oni clan and until I change it I am absolutely invincible to anything your oni clan can try. or I can be immune to dragons, and be able to one shot them because of absolute offensive power. or anything else I desire, really. as for finding you, am very proficient in divination magic and given the disappearances around it wasn't to hard to consult with higher powers and learn the cause behind them."
TryMeIke
Heavy user

Postby MrMetroid » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:30 pm

Sumida nearly choked on her food in surprise at Hilda’s words, not sure whether to be surprised or terrified at the idea of such an absolute degree of power. It sounded impossible, like something out of a fairy tale - and from the way everyone but Miwa looked surprised or even even dumbstruck, Sumida figured it wasn’t something they thought anybody was supposed to be capable of.

“You can’t mean… it’s like a conceptual defense?” Nagisa gaped. It would make a twisted sense - if one chose ‘immunity to all phenomenon’ could direct it towards anything involving an oni… that theoretically could have included anything physically lobbed at her like their weapons or bits of debris… but to actually cast such a thing…. “That’s… that’s impossible! That’s like imposing an absolute authority on the laws of nature! No human should be capable of handling the energy needed for that, special blood or not!”

“Do you know of a better explanation?” Miwa remarked dryly, earning a glare from her chieftess. “Or any other one, for that matter?” To Miwa, it seemed rather straightforward - if Hilda wasn’t capable of if, they wouldn’t have been beaten and swallowed so easily. “But this… ‘paragon power’…”

“Oh, I guess you’d already dozed off when she explained that” Saika piped up, setting her empty bowl down on her legs. “Hilda said she was born with something called a ‘paragon gene’. I guess it’s like a special bloodline trait that gives her a lot of special chakra or something.” She admittedly didn’t fully understand the concept herself, but she at least hoped she had the gist of it.

“Bullshit” Akimi snorted, sharply kicking the wall of Hilda’s stomach. “The divination I can believe - some humans have strong spiritual connections - but I’m supposed to believe some random human just randomly gets born with what’s basically god-like chakra? I don’t buy it - what kind of bloodine would something like that even come from in a human family?!”

“She said every living thing had it” Saika replied - earning disbelieving looks from Akimi, Haruka and Nagisa. “Hey, ask her yourself if you don’t believe me.” She looked back up to address Hilda. “Anyway, how’d you find out you even had this power?”

“And may I have another serving?” Miwa piped up, earning a disgruntled-sounding noise from Haruka beneath her.

“You already ate today and yet you’re still stuffing your face at a time like this” Haruka grumbled miserably.

( the only reason i even know about the concept of a conceptual defense is ‘cause i’m into Typemoon-Fate stuff - though i barely underhand half the mechanics, honestly XD )
MrMetroid
Somewhat familiar

Postby TryMeIke » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:39 pm

"well because I was born with it. well less born, more specifically engineered with it. you could call me a test tube baby. I was designed to have that gene awakened in me, and also that any kids I would have would have it awakened too, and their kids etc. the intent was to give all mankind access to the locked potential innate in every living being over generations." hilda rubs smiling. "my dad was a very kind man, an exalted wizard, as it was. he infused me with a soul using the ultimate power of good soulfire, to bless me in several ways." she sent the second serving down at her pets request.

(basically yes. hilda like mashu is a designer babe. hilda unlike mashu however, was not limited in life span or kept insulated from the outside world)
TryMeIke
Heavy user

Previous

Return to Private Roleplay