A Devil’s Temptation(Whitebrand & Tigra9)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Re: A Devil’s Temptation(Whitebrand & Tigra9)

Postby tigra9 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:42 am

Lena smiled “it’s actually rather simple to” she waved her sword spreading out the water along the arc playing with this a bit “though it’s been with you since birth it slumbers until a trigger awakens it. Mine was awakened from the moment I received the first one since it was implanted into me from a user who had awakened it. But I still needed to experience a trigger to be able to use it because I was a baby when I received it”

Mikleo shrugged “for my part the trigger was thinking really, really hard trying to remember a formula I was being shown by my parents that they gave me as a challenge to decode… quite a lame way to trigger it huh? Buchou’s was a training accident from what I’ve been told” Mikleo casually ducked under the arcing blade that suddenly turned on him though got a grumpy blank look on his face as he was splashed with the water… he had just managed to dry himself!

Lena smirked at splashing her Bishop, he wasn’t wrong but it wasn’t his place “it’s not a boy’s place to tell a girls secrets” she commented then let her sword and armor disappear before looking at Stephen “however before we continue perhaps we should do proper introductions” she shifted her stance a bit gaining a noble air and posture befitting her real background put a hand to her chest “my name is Vladilena Eligos, Heiress of the Eligos clan who holds the rank of Duke among the devil clans and your ‘king’ ” she motioned to Mikleo “this is Mikleo, he holds the piece of ‘bishop’ among my servants and is formally a magician of the Grauzauberer organization”

Mikleo sighed having finished reusing the spell he dried himself with “I tried to summon buchou… or well really my target was simply anyone of the Eligos clan and did the reverse… my choices was either submit to her… or lose my head” he blushed his eyes turning to the side away from Lena

Lena just giggled “I also have a ‘queen’ a ‘Knight’ and a ‘rook’ but you will be introduced to them when I feel it is appropriate” she gave a firm serious look towards Stephen “you are my ‘pawn’ and while you will eventually have to involve yourself in all of the supernatural world I intend for you to take some time to come to terms with it. Unlike the rest of my servants you’ve never been involved with our side of things before now after all” she walked towards him stopping when she was a foot in front of him “should you wish to access your sacred gear just imagine whatever you picture as a great power, it can be anything, something you saw on a show, something you heard about and imagined in your mind. Just so long as it’s something that you can picture coming from within yourself” she put a hand on his chest “focus yourself to drawing that ‘power’ from here… your sacred gear awakened with your death as it’s trigger, now you need only call it forth”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:53 pm

The awkward and horny teenager seemed to rise to the surface again every time Lena approached him. Especially when she touched him. This was almost immediately followed by a rush of panic...the mortal wound he had taken at the hands of a beautiful girl set off alarm bells in his head.

He backed away.

"I did not flee America just so I could come into the service of another master," he said defiantly. "Nevertheless it appears that you saved my life and in owe you a great debt. I shall...consider everything that you have told me. No promises."

He glanced at Mikleo and then back to Lena again.

"Are we done here?" He wanted to know.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:26 pm

Lena let her hand drop quickly guess why he backed away but at his mentioning considering it she got a dark look on her face and she commented with no emotion to it “I did not intend to waste my pieces…”

Mikleo frowned “bad wording Stephen… considering it means you have a choice in the matter. Devils may no longer take souls or lives as compensation for their services but the term ‘deal with a devil’ is still every bit accurate. You are her servant and if you choose to turn your back on her you will be driven insane and turned into a real monster” he crossed his arms “and kill any humans within range” it would be at that time he turned his head “wait really? Didn’t we just deal with one not that long ago?! Fine fine I’ll inform her before she draws her sword… yes really” he dropped the hand he brought up to the side of his head “Buchou we got another kill order for a stray” he then looked at Stephen “what interesting timing… is your luck just awful or perfectly timed destiny i wonder”

Lena stopped having gone eerily silent after her no emotion comment and looked at Mikleo “location?” “Same park as last time” “good” with that she stepped around stephen and grabbed the collar of Stephen’s shirt “then your coming… showing you the result of those that have turned their back on their master should let it sink in better”

Mikleo looked at Lena and sighed “just accept it, if she has to she will send you flying all the way there by force… she’s done it to me in the past”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:44 am

"I'll come," Stephen said as he slapped her hand free of him. "But I won't be dragged like a dog. This starts with some degree of respect or it doesn't at all. I don't give a damn about titles or royalty."

His parent had treated him like this too. More so as he had gotten older and tougher. The fire or real anger in his eyes was unmistakable.

Of course he would react this way. Americans were known to be ferociously independent. Almost anarchic. The result of grieving up in a society without a royalty tradition.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:12 am

Mikleo frowned “Buchou I’ll carry him” with that Lena let go and wordlessly took flight.

Mikleo then lifted himself off the ground and held his arm out “you don’t mind just hanging from my arm do you Stephen?” He asked, regardless once he was flying carrying Stephen he spoke “listen I get her attitude makes you mad, but if you go stray and have to be put down then she won’t get back all those pieces she used on you” he looked at Stephen “and you should stop being bull headed, respect doesn’t go one way and your words earlier? To her they were disrespectful.”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:09 am

Stephen was still simmering but he nodded.

"I take it these 'pieces' were used to bring me back?" He said. He was catching on fast. Taki had needed a thorough explanation. Stephen seemed to be filling in the blanks just fine.

"So a stray is dangerous? To everyone or just you?"

If it was dangerous to everyone then he'd help. Whatever it took to be anything other than what he was raised to be.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:52 am

Mikleo nodded “yeah, each high class devil is given 15 pieces based off a chess set, minus the king, she used 8 on you” he looked ahead, they were flying above the height of tree tops but even though there was people still in the street nobody looked up at them or anything as if they couldn’t notice them “stray is a term we use for any that have turned their back on the group they belonged to but in the case of what we are after… it’s a devil that has turned its back on their master… in some cases they injured their master on purpose and fled, in others..” Mikleo got a dark look to his eyes “they’ve killed their master…” Stephen could see it in mikleo’s eyes and feel it through his arm, that thought pissed him off. But after a few seconds of silence Mikleo continued “once a reincarnated devil becomes a stray the piece drives them insane and they morph into a monster that is as ugly on the outside as they are on the inside, and they start preying on anything they can, if they make it to the human world then it goes without saying what their easiest to hunt target is”

Mikleo looked down at Stephen “as an aside, devils have a very business first society but they are by nature creatures of desire, it can grant them amazing strength but particularly for pure blood devils it can be all consuming” Mikleo looked at lena with a sad expression on his face “Buchou is a pure blood high class devil that is powerful even without her sacred gears”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:13 pm

"She used all her pawns on me?" Stephen said. "How strong has she made me? Or were eight pawns needed because I'm strong?"
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:47 pm

“Your potential strength was that great… there is more to the evil pieces then just that but now is not the time to go into such details” he pointed towards the park they were now approaching “we are landing there, I’ll get low and let you drop before I land, you can handle a 5 foot drop right? I don’t want to lower myself lower then that holding you like this”

Lena who finally spoke commented as they approached where her servants had gathered ahead of her and Mikleo… she questioned why they got there faster but ignored that as she landed and spoke “I will kill this stray myself, you four will be in charge of managing the perimeter and a barrier, Stephen… I want you to just observe, that’s all” she gave her commands firmly and with little emotion.

Lois seeing them arrive leaned forward to look around mei was in between her and Mikleo and Stephen “oh? So he already knows?”

Mikleo frowned “no comments on that Lois, I’d rather Buchou be able to vent in a single attack not have reason to vent with more then once tonight” he looked at lena, he obviously knew she was still very emotionally unstable but he figure mei was probably the only other one that could tell how short Lena’s fuse currently was. But he would respond to the command “understood I’ll prep a barrier, it seems to have found home in that same ruined building from the last time.”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:45 pm

"Understood," Stephen said as he easily landed from the five foot drop. He could have handled fifteen if he'd had to. "I know when a lesson is in the learning."

Rin...pyo...toh...

Stephen was already practicing his Kuji Kiri hand gestures. They helped him focus. His fingers cycled rapidly through the nine symbols as he had been taught.

Shah...kai...jin...

Something inside him stirred, responding to the ritual. Or perhaps to the situation. Or both. Or something else entirely.

Retsu...zai...ZEN

To Stephen's surprise a red chitinous gauntlet appeared on his right hand with a green gem on the back of his hand. The gem glowed brightly, like an alien eye. A voice sounded in his head, heavy with ancient wisdom and power.

Finally. Welcome to your new reality, kid.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:27 pm

Lena nodded “good… then we are going” she lead the way to the building again, Outside the front of the building were discarded body parts, clearly this stray didn’t pick every bit of its victims clean, teeth and claw marks decorating where the parts were torn off.

Lois grimaced “ugh, why couldn’t this one have been as neat and tidy as that last one?”

Mikleo kept his focus on his spells, he was disturbed too but if he let that break his focus his spells would turn into disasters.

Lena was the only one that didn’t react at all to the remnants and simply summoned her Windom armor drawing it’s long claymore sword and shouted “come out here! I know your in there beast!”

There was a roar before a monster emerged, it looked like a yeti style cross of a human and a lion but it’s fur was all white, and it was a staggering 30 foot tall, blood dripped from its mouth as it took a moment to swallow the bite it had in there it’s eyes gazing over the servants before landing on Lena. Stephen wouldn’t quite be able to sense it but the rest of the servants could, this stray was strong, atleast in the upper half of mid class devils strength judging by its aura… a sure fire threat to the servants right now, but it’s opponent was a higher class of devil

Mikleo finished his spells and fired off magic circles in the four directions each multiplying and lining up in the air akin to tape being drawn around the area it mark it off “Mei-sama please add your tags to the circles” notably the way the circles lined up split Lena form the group and left her inside with the beast
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:56 am

Stephen felt overwhelmed...first by the monster and then by the surge of energy that seemed to explode into him.

Mei didn't notice. She fanned out four papers from her hand. The moment she left them go the papers flew from her fingers and tagged the circles, stablizing the spell and trapping the thing thoroughly.

Taki had been watching the newcomer. She had noticed, but didn't know whether to say anything. The priority was the beast.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:13 am

Lois noticed Stephen acting odd too and suddenly as if she teleported she was in front of him holding his hands in hers “hey imagine that energy taking form! Don’t try to contain it or control where it goes” All the servants had been told Stephen had a sacred gear so Lois had a good idea what was happening and with her experience before joining Lena’s group she was perhaps the most knowledgeable about them after Lena and Mikleo

Stephen would then hear a voice in his head, it sounded half asleep but it was a deep male voice “your not ready to fully meet me. But I suppose it has half reached me…” at that the energy all at once flowed to Stephen’s right hand and a blue gem suddenly appeared on the back of his hand and a white cloth wrapped around his hand in a form akin to a fingerless glove but there also came a little bit of armor plating on the back of the hand around the gem “now will you entertain me from here on, or run away like a coward from your fate…” the voice yawned “… that is something only you can determine boy” with that the voice and the presence disappeared leaving only the armored fingerless glove as proof anything had happened at all.

At the same time as Stephen having those problems the fight began between Lena and the stray though Lena having been told by Windam Stephen was having issues didn’t strike, instead dodging the first swipe of the stray which despite not touching the ground seemed to tear into it gouging out a few inches of the dirt “tch…” Lena commented vocally not taking her eyes off the stray as she dodged or parried the strays attacks, it was taking more effort to do things this way but the entire reason she decided to take this stray on was to show Stephen her power.

Mikleo would be the second to notice about Lena behaving odd and commented “uh Mei? Why isn’t Buchou fighting back?” The spell was stable but he still had to maintain it so he couldn’t drop his focus fully
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:41 pm

"She's putting on a show for our new pet," Mei said calmly. "We just have to hold her stage in place."

Stephen was left feeling dizzy. Once the battle began though, his old training took over and he was able to focus again. The questions would have to wait.

Holy crap, it's a Superhero battle!

Lena was using a fighting style he had never seen before, and the amount of power she was putting behind her strikes was unreal. Forget helping...he was an insect compared to the powers that were being slung about here.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:53 pm

Mikleo commented “I wouldn’t call him that, he might really just run off or be even more defiant with us”

No special powers were being thrown about, Lena was wielding her sword in a two handed grip, the wind pressure was quite a thing from the beast but his attacks were simple physical attacks. The closest to a supernatural point of the fighting was occasionally Lena would kick off the air changing her direction accordingly. The difference between it and what humans could pull off in a movie stood in the speed and power of the two fighters.

After a little bit though Lena dodged an attempted smack down by the beast and it’s other arm swung in sending her flying into the barrier causing her to cry out in pain “gah..” but as if by reflex she quickly rolled herself back up but was on one knee one arm hanging limply as she took to the air, there was an invisible barrier wall that extended past the circles leaving the two trapped inside the area

“Princess… use balance breaker and finish this quickly” came Windoms voice

Lena narrowed her eyes as she healed her arm “yeah… I can’t hold back anymore”

The servants weren’t close enough to hear Lena and Windom but Lois would comment “wait is it just me or is that stray’s demonic power.. rising?” She asked, the stray now had a level of demonic aura that while not yet at the high class level was steadily rising.

The beast looked at lena now out of its arm reach and charged a ball of demonic power in its hand throwing it like a baseball at her the size of it was bigger then Lena herself!

Lena however just calmly stood in the air and shouted “Balance BREAKER!” At that a small tornado surrounded her and clashing with the ball of energy destroying it, a single swish of her blade dismissed the wind and she now was floating there in a much more decorative armor with a flowing green cape, shoulder pads lined with what seemed like white feather style pieces, a headband with feathers decorating the sides of it like little wings. Around her waist was a gold belt that covered her entire stomach, her school skirt had been overtaken by a short green skirt and the chest armor had vanished leaving a green cloth top.

Mikleo hearing Lena’s shout grimaced “damn it all Buchou! That form’s power is a bit to much don’t you think?!” A ticking sound could be heard from his eyes as the clock hands moved from the two mark to the four mark position and he generated more spell circles to reinforce the barrier.

Lena would stare down at the stray for a moment before she took to a dash, running on the air as if she were on solid footing but would on a couple steps jump to change her direction swinging her sword towards the stray from above but frowned as the sound of metal hitting metal resounded. The stray now held a huge sword, it was nearly the same height as the giant stray and had a very ornate red hand guard, a red gem rested near the tip of the blade and a larger round ruby red gem was set into the ornate hand guard “as Windom thought huh…”

At the same time in the underworld a worker rushed into Trigon’s office “Lord Lucifer! We have an issue that Lord Beelzebub told us to tell you… it’s about a stray that recently escaped to the human world!” Normally such minor matters weren’t brought before the maou but if Ajuka ordered them to inform Trigon it was not a normal matter in the first place
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:36 am

"I'm listening," Trigon said. "Tell me everything."

Stephen stared. The only time he'd seen moves like that were in Marvelous films. If he had been up against that beast it would almost have certainly killed him of her were too allow even a glancing blow.

And yet despite the spectacular display, the teenager still felt like Lena was holding back. From the strain on Mikleo's face it might have been because her power specifically was almost too much for him to contain.

"What the hell is that thing doing with a weapon?" He wanted to know.

"The beast had a weapon of some kind bound to him a a servant," Me I explained though she did not take her eyes from the fight. More papers were tossed out to hold the barrier, but wheels of fire sprang into existence around her and her body began to glow. "And he's only getting stronger. Like he's...feeding on the violence."

Mei put a hand to her ear and spoke quickly, informing her King about what she was sensing. The beast was more dangerous than he had first seemed.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:37 am

The servant gulped but looked down at the papers he had in his hand, this was a death sentence but he had to do his job “yes, before escaping to the human world after running away from its king it was formerly a servant devil of the barbaros clan, registered as having a [twice critical] sacred gear…” twice critical was a rather minor sacred gear known to only double the users power while in use “however recently the Agares clan learned this was in fact not its sacred gear.” He looked up at Trigon “it holds the [Rune sword of Lexus]” the third sword of the set lena already had 2/3rds of. But a key point was it’s escaped to the human world which means if it’s in a devil’s territory agares has likely tasked them with disposing it

An explosion of wind and flame burst from the locked swords before lena ended up taking her distance in the sky again a frown on her face, when mei contacted her she spoke “it holds the third rune sword sacred gear, tell Mikleo to shrink the barrier and change it to only block flames and heat, leave a vent opening too. Also have everyone brace themselves and taki help brace Mikleo, he will only continue growing stronger with each passing second so I’ve gotta use all my power to end this faster” she quickly dodged a swing of the now flame wrapped sword that practically doubled the strays range. The strays swing style was like that of a berserker without form or care.

Lois threw an arm up at the wave of heat that blew over them permeating the barrier easily from the swing “damn… how much heat does it take to turn this area into a sauna?
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:03 am

Mei, in only a couple of seconds, passed her orders to the group. The tall catgirl released the magic she used to hide her nature and poured her powers into keeping the cage imprisoned. Taki grabbed Mikleo's hand and let him have access to her own might.

"She needs help in there!" Stephen said to the gem on his hand. "Tell me what I can do!"
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:34 am

Lois frowned, there was no response from the gem but she told Stephen “worry about yourself! Buchou is still way stronger and if she is having to use her full power then we are talking about a living natural disaster appearing in front of us”

Mikleo who had fallen to a knee didn’t resist as taki braced him and shifted his spells to shrink the area and alter it “Mei I’ll need help with containing the heat!

Lena looked up feeling the change in the barrier and then lifted her sword as winds began pouring towards it whirling around it a rapid speed, the cloud cover as it was a partly cloudy day began to act odd with the clouds seemingly being drawn into a single large cloud above them, the winds outside the barrier blowing hard enough to make the trees shake violently, Lois wasn’t wrong to call it a living natural disaster.

The stray though wasn’t just going to stand and do nothing, it no longer had any swinging room so it shifted its grip to prepare a thrust flames igniting around the sword and seeming to compress themselves into a single point at the tip of the sword, even with a heat dampening on the barrier it was still incredibly hot, the grass itself beneath the stray drying up from the heat.

After several long seconds of the two charging up they finally struck, wind and flame clashing, bursting and gathering to clash again, repeating this process multiple times with no seeming advantage over the other even as the stray and Lena didn’t move their blades after the initial clash. It was the ground beneath the stray that gave first as the stray’s footing began to sink and it briefly weakened its flames, an opening Lena took advantage of by drawing her second sword quickly gathering water form the atmosphere and adding it to the wind assault she was already using to finally overwhelm the stray though an explosion occurred and the two became engulfed in steam so thick their figures were hidden for a good long minute, the air too hot to approach
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:52 am

A rift appeared nearby as a tremendously powerful being began to step through. A moment later Trigon himself stepped through. Instead of joining the battle he stood with his arms folded, watching his baby sister stretch her wings.

Stephen hated this. He had always taken care of problems himself. Now he was helpless to intervene.

Mei threw her lot behind Mikleo, practically wrapping him in a layer of mystic papers that both insulated and empowered him. The flaming circles began whirling in reverse, absorbing as much of the excess heat as she could.

"Get under cover, Harner-san!" Mei ordered. "Now! You're not strong enough to endure this!"

The young man found himself ducking behind a stone bench, but despite Mel's efforts the heat was becoming unbearable.

In fact the heat was getting to lethal levels for mortals, but Trigon was subtly intervening and keeping the excess heat from getting out of control. Stephen would have been fried by now.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

PreviousNext

Return to Private Roleplay