A Devil’s Temptation(Whitebrand & Tigra9)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Re: A Devil’s Temptation(Whitebrand & Tigra9)

Postby tigra9 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:40 am

The day however was not over for the pair yet once they arrived back in the human world, on their way back to the school they would pass by a small park where a girl would be sitting alone on one of the swings her hip length Snow White hair and her green eyes were downcast, she looked young, not quite a child but not far into her teens yet either her attire consisted of a dark teal nun outfit with light blue accents, a white veil that was currently folded in her lap, a brown satchel slung over her right hip looking the right size to fit a book but was currently empty, the girls bangs partially hid her face but it was clear she had been crying based on the wet spots of her sleeves, on her feet were brown boots with black straps in an x shaped pattern
Last edited by tigra9 on Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:35 am

Another foreigner. Like me. And she's been crying.

Whether moved by sympathy or by some other sort of prompt, Stephen broke stride from Me I to approach the girl.

"Um...i these," he said. "I noticed you seemed upset. Ah...is there any way I might be able to help? I kind of specialize in helping people in trouble."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:59 am

The girl lifted her head to look up at him and quickly stood hands gripping her veil so it didn’t fall, though something did fall out of it, she was short, maybe roughly 5 foot? “Ah… no thank you though… umm for the Japanese it was like this right?” She commented bowing, clearly not used to Japanese mannerisms even her speech was foreign, Italian by the sounds of it

The thing that had fallen without the girls notice was a rosary with a silver cross though the band meant for letting it hang around the neck was broken

Mikleo would land next to Mei “welcome back Mei, sorry I was watching her from nearby” he glanced towards Stephen and the girl “how was Buchou? Lois is about to go crazy having her familiar take his place” he sweatdropped a bit
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:53 pm

Mei looked amused.

"Oh really? Details, Mikleo. What exactly is the problem?"

Stephen raised an eyebrow. A blond Italian? He would have thought Scandinavian.

"I don't mean to embarrass you or anything," Stephen said, looking awkward. "But you looked, well, upset. Didn't mean to bother you. Um...Sister?"
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:44 pm

Mikleo raised an eyebrow at Mei “if you mean with Lois, well gee I wonder how her having a degree of insight into the antics of the perverted trio for a day when she dislikes men to begin with would stand to be a problem” he replied sarcastically then shook his head “as for the problem with that girl, I saw her earlier with one of the fallen angels but he shouted at her about something and left after punching her pretty solidly in the face”

The girl smiled “it’s alright, umm sister would be appropriate but, I was cast out a couple weeks ago from the church I served at, and the group that took me in had me come to this town. I’m waiting on someone to pick me up here” she looked down and finally noticed her rosary on the ground “ah” she reached down picking it up and standing though she accidentally tapped Stephen’s hand and it burned where it touched leaving a mark “Oh no! I’m sorry I’m sorry!” She quickly dropped her veil and rosary and put her hands up a green glowing light forming in her palms, the pain quickly receding and the wound starting to heal.
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:53 pm

"Another Fallen?" Mei said, surprised. She looked over at Stephen. "He just seems to keep getting mixed up with them doesn't he?"

Stephen's eyes widened, first at them burn and then by the healing.

"Wow," he said. "That's quite a talent you have there. Did it have anything to do with your getting cast out? I can't imagine letting anyone with your ability to get away."

That and the fact that she was cute as hell.

"I'm Stephen. Stephen Harner. American."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:20 pm

Mikleo rubbed his head “I think the one she was dealing with is connected to the woman that killed Stephen, hedwig has seen him before atleast. And is that a bad thing? Way I see it the more one of us interacts with those connected to them the more likely you are to get that reasoning Buchou needs to deal with them without major problems.”

The girl blinked “eh? An American in Japan? Your Italian is very good too” she commented with an innocent look in her eyes, then she frowned looking back at the wound that was disappearing without leaving a scar “ah, no this power is the reason I was beloved at the local church, I was…” she frowned

Mikleo suddenly took a stance and activated his sacred gear as a woman approached Stephen and the girl

“She was cast out because she healed a devil with her sacred gear despite being a member of the church, something that’s a big no no” answered a familiar condescending female voice “isn’t that right, Ariana?”

The girl turned to look at the black haired beauty who was standing there in a casual black dress and spoke “Lady Raynere…” she looked back and seeing the wound healed lowered her hands quickly retrieving her veil and rosary, making sure not to touch him again and turned to walk towards the fallen angel meekly
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:09 am

Stephen did not like this woman's attitude. Her mention of gears and devils made him suspect that she was one of two things...neither of which were good.

Worse was her domineering attitude towards the girl.

"Hang on a minute," Stephen said, keeping his eyes on the newcomer. "Seems to me that the duty of healers is to the wounded regardless of whom they are. Was she really cast out, or did you just tell her that?"

He looked the woman an who has deceived and killed him in the eye.

"It wouldn't have been the first time to lie."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:33 am

The woman, raynere, laughed “oh please, it’s not some lie i or anyone else spun for her, devils are the enemy of the church and holy powers should only ever be harmful. So then what would the faithful think if they found their saintess with her god given holy healing powers…” her smile twisted greatly “can heal devils?!” She put a hand on Ariana’s head “after that she had no choice but to accept someone’s offer of shelter, someone who did not care her powers spit in the face of that damnable god”

Raynere then tilted her head after looking back at Stephen having briefly looked at Ariana “that said your face is one I was rather surprised to see again… I had thought our little boring play date had not been observed” her eyes moved to Mei and Mikleo “but once again my calculations were a little off so oh well. Now isn’t really the time for us to fight either…” she frowned looking at the sky that was still clearly daytime “I’d rather not have those sticks in the mud getting in the way” she looked down at Ariana “well come along Ariana we should return to the church”

Ariana who remained silent nodded then looked at Stephen and smiled “I never said my name did I? My name is Ariana Argento” she bowed and then turned to leave with raynere

Mikleo quickly jogged over to Stephen and put a hand on his shoulder, he had a feeling Stephen might rush to attack raynere over this matter and it was still daytime, that would be risky
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:28 am

Stephen stopped himself from bending Mikleo's arm into a pretzel. He was pale and sweating, his heart pounding. Classic PTSD.

"We'd better get you out of here," Mei said from behind Mikleo. "Harner-san...it's all right."

"That girl...she's just like me," Stephen said. "She had a gear. She's being used by that...that..."

The spot in his gut where he had been impaled started to hurt. A lot.

" Harner-san...it's over now," Mei said carefully. "Come with us. You're safe."

She looked at Mikleo and nodded towards the club house. Together they steered him back to their main room to give him tea and a place to calm down.

Mei also fired off a letter to Lena to update her on the event...including mention of the girl with the gear.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:27 pm

Mikleo nodded and helped get him back, once he was sitting in the main room Mikleo sat down aswell, classes were just getting out so Lois and Taki weren’t here yet and Mikleo got a serious expression on his face as he looked at Stephen “your an idiot if you think you can save her like you are” he activated his sacred gear “we sacred gear users have terrible fates just because we were born with these powers we never asked for. Having one is both a blessing and a curse no matter it’s purpose or power. ‘The weak envy the strong, and the strong crush the weak’ that’s what my dad used to always tell me growing up, that’s why I had to become ‘strong’” he narrowed his eyes “I… didn’t have a way out until I screwed up” he looked away with a frown “meeting Buchou is what gave me that escape, it’s only been four years but I’ve enjoyed these four years more then I did the decade before it”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:12 pm

"The purpose of a soldier is to protect those who cannot protect themselves," Stephen said. "Without that, they aren't a soldier. Just a killer. That girl needs protection. That's what soldiers do."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:46 pm

Mikleo sighed “and? How are you going to save her when just seeing that woman causes you to start trembling? Not to mention there are four other fallen angels in cahoots with her at that place. And at least one stray exorcist”

He stood “you shouldn’t rush and be reckless, your part of a team and if you fail we all suffer for it.” He looked at Mei who had fixed the tea, he was doing this but she was technically the one in charge with Lena not here
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:18 pm

"What we would need to deal with this is a plan," Me I said, underlining everything Mikleo had said. "A healing gear is precious. Perhaps we are due for another bishop."

She set down the tea in front of Stephen.

"So. Training." She said. "Tomorrow we start beyond the basics. Today you rest. Tomorrow we start work on both your body and your will."

"Stray exorcist?" Stephen wanted to know.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:36 pm

Mikleo opened his mouth to answer but was interrupted

“An exorcist that has turned their back on god… most go to the side of the fallen angels, I’m one that joined the devils” Lois commented walking in holding and petting a little puppy, her familiar, he looked like a small Siberian husky. She went and sat down next to Mikleo “don’t be mistaken though, the exorcists described in movies and stuff? Those are the ones up front visible to others performing ‘miracles’ for the sake of keeping the faith, a true proper exorcist? They are the killers in the dark, eliminating anything that would threaten the faith no matter the means or sacrifice” she let her angel wings emerge, this being the first time she has really revealed them on purpose to Stephen “before these wings turned black they were a beautiful white gold… yet my duties as a cardinal was hardly something I’d call upright. To prevent being basically shoved in a corner and being a cardinal of the church in name only I took up the training of an exorcist. The number of souls I’ve removed from this earth wether they be human, fallen angel, or devil is not a small number.” She closed her wings “yet even that was preferable to the luxurious gilded cage they would’ve targeted a miracle child like me stay in”

After a moment of silence Lois added on “that said if he hasn’t been taken out this far that means he is without a doubt skilled. The moment your marked as a stray your name is put on a list of priority targets to kill. And they will send elites out to eliminate you, my mark for death has been rescinded because I was properly eliminated. I’m only here because Lena-buchou made me her knight” she shrugged “not that I mind honestly, I still kill by someone else’s command but atleast I get a good meal, good home made meals, you know, the perks of a normal life”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:42 am

Stephen stared at Lois in surprise. Without a word he hot up and walked over to her. He knelt in front of her, his eyes soft.

"May I?" He asked.

Then he extended his hand out...to the puppy. To let it sniff his hand.

"Did you even hear what she said?" Mei asked with raised eyebrows.

Stephen seemed more intent on befriending the fluffy puppy.

"I guess we add animal lover to this personality file?" Mei said after a moment, obviously trying to stifle laughter.

"Who's a good puppy?" Stephen said, looking completely taken with Lois's familiar.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:37 am

Lois sighed “I mean you can but I’ll warn you…” *CHOMP* “he hates men touching him” she finished her warning late on purpose

The little puppy had a really good jaw strength for its size as it bit down on Stephen’s hand and wouldn’t let go it was the hand that didn’t have the sacred gear so that wasn’t an option to remove the puppy

Mikleo sighed “maybe trouble magnet instead of animal lover?” He joked then looked at Lois “why not tell him again?”

“I refuse to explain myself twice” Lois responded coldly and immediately without taking her eyes off Stephen and her familiar
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:07 pm

Stephen winced but he seemed determined to win over the pup. Despite its grip on his hand he stroked its soft fur gently and kept his voice soft. He was tough all right...despite the strength of the little dog he endured and responded with gentleness.

Mei almost didn't want to tell Stephen that he wasn't likely to win this. A familiar reflected the heart and mind of its master. Lois's anger against men wasn't going to be easily assuaged.

She had to give him credit though. Maybe...just maybe...he could forge a bond to Lois's heart through her familiar.

It also seemed to be doing him some good. He was coming around from the trauma the Fallen had inflicted on him.

"It's okay, little guy," Stephen said soothingly even as the pup dug its teeth in. "It's okay. I get it. You don't have to be scared."

Mei sighed.

"Trouble magnet indeed," she said. "Something yells me we really will be needing that healing girl. A lot."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:37 pm

Familiars did reflect the heart and mind of their owner but they were also their own beings and so Stephen was gonna have to win over not only lois’ dislike of men but the dogs own also. The dog also refused to let go of the biting growling at being petted and actually digging in more shaking its head a bit to hurt Stephen more

Lois watched and after a moment more of Stephen’s attempts she just sighed “Stormy you may return”

At that the dog stormy finally let go, looked at Lois and barked then disappeared by magic, familiars could come and go of their own accord as the contract forged between a familiar and their owner allowed the familiar to use a form of teleportation magic that only let them travel between a spot designated as their ‘home’ and their owner.

Mikleo sighed looking at Stephen’s bleeding hand “to bad Buchou isn’t here to heal that either. Stephen go tend to those bite marks, stormy might not seem it but he is a monster dog descended from the fenrir bloodline. So the wounds don’t heal easily”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:37 pm

Looking a little crestfallen at his failure, Stephen nodded and headed for the bathroom where the first aid kit lay.

"I can't blame him for trying," Mei said. "Stormy is adorable. When he's not tearing things apart.

"All right...I want to find out more about his girl and the Fallen's forces. Exorcists actively gun for us so regardless of the girl we really need to look into them. What their cover story is and what they're really after."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

PreviousNext

Return to Private Roleplay