Journey on the Grand Seas(Whitebrand and Tigra9)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Re: Journey on the Grand Seas(Whitebrand and Tigra9)

Postby tigra9 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:31 am

“I’m 24, so no your right I’m not an old woman but I am more a big sister type” she smiled letting go of Sonia and standing up glancing at Raven and as if reading something in raven’s expression she put a hand to Raven’s cheek “hey regardless we will need a doctor for the crew, and you certainly qualify as one. All members of a crew need to be able to fight yes but the supporting roles are important too”

Sensei sighed waving a hand “I haven’t been off this island in over 30 years, still got a good ship in decent condition, but I wouldn’t dare say it could make such a dangerous trip as the one into the grand line” he put a hand to his chin looking at Sonia “there might be someone ya can talk to about a proper ship here that ya could man with a small crew but… well it ain’t gonna be easy to speak to the owner under current circumstances”

Sonia listened to both and hmmed then as if it clicked she spoke up “sensei do you mean him?”

The old man glanced at Sonia “yea but ya ain’t gonna be able to get them a chance to talk to him or did ya forget how you get ran off at the gate?”

Sonia pouted childishly “hey, they wouldn’t just straight out run me off if I had people with me that I wanted to ask one of the butlers to speak to… that meanie wouldn’t slam the door on my beak for that” she shifted to hybrid form and her feathers seemed to poof up in a show of her emotions
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:23 pm

"Meanie-who-him?" Rey asked with a perplexed look at the old man.

"Sounds like a typical entitled male," Raven sniffed. "One look at me and he will melt like butter."

Or run for the hills. Rey thought but did not dare say aloud. Raven is a sexual traffic hazard.

"We have coin," Rey said aloud. "I'm sure he will be happy to make more money."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:44 pm

The old man sighed “the one she calls a meanie isn’t the one that owns the ship, the young lady has two butlers and well, the one she calls mean is very strict but he seems loyal enough and has since the young ladies parents saved his life about oh, was it 8 years ago now?” He put a hand to his chin as he thought for a moment to remember

Naria did speak “Raven you’ll find plenty of guys that won’t melt at the mere sight of you in this world, not every man thinks only with their lower half when it comes to women… and I know of atleast one crew of guys that would rather tear your breasts off for the laughs of seeing your expression and hearing your screams… they nearly killed me 9 years ago simply because I put my foot down to defend a human” she got a dark expression as she looked at her webbed fingers “even though he goes on an on about how a mermaid like myself was worthy of standing at his side just because I wasn’t human” Raven and Rey would see a glimpse of it before Naria went back to her neutral expression, an intense rage… and crippling fear.

Sonia hmmed looking out the window and suddenly rushed over to it “eh? Why is the meanie butler walking out of town?” She pressed her face against the window glass her eyes remaining trained on a line guy that was walking down the dirt path, he was wearing a well kept black Butler suit with a tie to it, his hair was blonde and slicked back to give a dignified look though a few bangs stuck out the front as if they defiantly refused to be slicked back and he had a monocle on his face.
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:17 pm

"Anyone who tried to harm me would have their hands in a pile at my feet," the witch said.

Rey looked at the fussy-looking man. His eyes narrowed.

"I have never seen such a smug, punchable face," he said. "He's the guardian we have to get around?"

The tall man stood tall and straight, as though his back had never bent in his life.

[i]Military?[/]i Rey thought to himself.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:29 pm

The old man sighed “nobody knows not even him… when he arrived at the island he had amnesia… far as anyone here knows he still doesn’t remember his past”

Naria moved over to look and then after a moment shook her head “Wouldn't now be the best time to go visit your friends place then Sonia?” She smiled “I can keep tabs on him… he doesn’t seem the type to just walk to the sea for a bit of peace and quiet… especially if he never knows when your gonna drop by” she then looked at Raven “unless my doctor is gonna tell me to stay out of the water?” She teased tapping her forehead near the stitches… though she winced briefly.

At the beach a man would be laying on a small rowboat that had been lead up to the beach, his hands were behind his head and his legs were crossed with the top leg casually kicking up and down as he waited moving in tune with the seconds on a clock. The guy was lanky and thin looking and wore black shoes with tall white socks, checkered black and red pants, a white shirt with a half black half red vest over it, and his face was hidden beneath a wide brimmed checkered black and red hat that had the four card symbols stitched into the brim of it, he would move his hands revealing gloves he wore on them one red and one black as he lifted his hat with one and pulled out a pocket watch with the other from his vest popping it open to look at the time, his eyes hidden behind rectangular glasses that had red lenses with a black frame to them “oh my oh my, two minutes until he will be late late late, quite unusual, was he not able to get away early this time? Or has he mellowed out a bit more on this peaceful island?” The man smiled putting his pocket watch back and pulling out a card which he proceeded to play with the card quickly multiplying it and flipping what was initially just a single ace of spades between his thumb and pointer finger but quickly was joined by the ace of the other three suits in between the rest of his fingers “hmm… nah, if peace was enough to mellow out that meticulous captain I dare say his bounty wouldn’t be what it was… that.. “Bloody Schemer” heh” he sat up affixing his hat back to his head.
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:27 pm

Raven looked at the thread she had used.

"Keep your head out of the water," she said with a nod. "Until I remove them. You'll risk infection if you don't."

"Anticipating the impossible," a smooth, calm voice said. "You have quite the imagination. Report of the ship and crew status."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:46 pm

Sonia blinked “oh I guess your right… ok you two come on then!” She rushed to the door opening it rather excited

Naria shrugged “I’ll try” she said before leaving herself taking off at a dash, she wasn’t as fast on land but it still took her very little time to reach the water where she dove in and swam to where she could spot the Butler and a man in a boat he was talking too swimming silently close enough to eavesdrop.

The man in the boat smiled as he moved his hand to rest it on his lap one of the cards now gone and flying from above towards the smooth voice owner “eh… if I wasn’t such a wild card you would have never kept me so close nor trusted me so, would you have captain?” The man in the boat, “Jester” Hayato chuckled, if his card was dodged or not hayato didn’t care, if it wasn’t that just meant his former captain wasn’t up to snuff anymore “everything is good to go, the crew is ready and on standby to land just before dawn. If nothing changes we will be attacking the village right after the sun rises… and I’ll handle that bird you talked about, you say it wraps itself in flames? And as massive as a large inn?” He laughed “if so then it’s really a poor match up against me!”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:05 am

The card was snatched out of the air so fast that it looked a though it has vanished. Not a hair on the butler was out of place.

"Minimal survivors," the man said in his upper class accent. "Some have to live to tell the tale. Not too many, though. I'm sure I can count on the proper restraint."

He tossed the card back into the sand at Jester's feet.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:34 am

Joker grinned devilishly “ah you can count on me there… but the men haven’t raided in a while so they might not show as much restraint” he picked up the card then turned his eyes with a blink and threw the card out into the water as if aiming for something. The moment it hit the water though a small explosion occured, nothing that would be noticed by those actually on the island and even the sound had seemed to be muffled “hmm… thought I felt a presence watching us… oh well perhaps it was a fish, scared away by the card going boom, so then… what’s the name you go by now captain?”

Naria was under the water staring at the surface where the card exploded, it had struck exactly where her head was less then five seconds before it and she frowned “gotta tell people anyway…” with that she dove deeper to avoid being noticed before swimming around to the other end of the island climbing ashore

——————————————————
Now rewinding a short bit

Sonia would impatiently stop her foot “are you coming or not? We aren’t going to get a better chance to go see her” she said at Rey and Raven
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:18 am

"Ethan," he said shortly. "Ethan Crowe. If you must have it. Now go. I want everyone ready. No mistakes."

"Of course," Rey said. "Ah...Raven? You might want to stay here. You sort of...stand out."

Raven looked like she was trying to find some objection. She was still wearing the thin chemise that Naria had given her, and her ice-blue skin, black hair and markings would make her stand out like a sore thumb. She seemed to reluctantly realize it too.

"Maybe I can use the time to gather a medical kit or two," she mused. "Bandages, sutures, disinfectant...knives."

The way she said the last word hinted at some kind of double-meaning. If there was something in her hint, Rey looked like he missed it.

"Lead the way, then," Rey said.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:10 pm

Joker just smiled and tapped his hat in confirmation before sitting down to row away

Sonia smiled when Rey followed and lead him through town to a mansion on the other side of the town that had a hill it sat on and was surrounded by a tall metal pole fencing, climbing it would be hard and dangerous but Sonia didn’t have to.

It would be as Rey and Sonia where nearing the gate that Naria would arrive from the other direction of the path breathing heavy as she came to a stop “Rey… Sonia… we have.. a big problem”

Sonia blinked hearing Naria and looked at Rey then back at her “uh…” she had been so excited leading Rey here but now she stood there confused.

Naria would after catching her breath look at the mansion “I take it this is the mansion he works at?.. let’s go talk over there in case he comes back soon” with that she lead the two of them away and once she felt they were far enough she told them everything she saw and overheard.
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:27 am

"Then at most we are barely ahead of him," Rey said seriously. "I'm afraid that your friend is going to be disappointed. She probably won't even believe us."

Then he got that smile Naria knew precipitated a dive into battle.

"I do hope he resists."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:18 am

Sonia remained silent after listening to everything but when she finally spoke it was pained “why… why would he do something like this?! Did the fact her family took him in mean nothing??” She turned and seemed about to run off but Naria stopped her with a hand on her shoulder

“I know what your probably thinking… go tell your friend anyway and then confront him when he returns” she had croup he’d down so she was eye level with Sonia who turned to look back at her “that won’t settle things and he will just lie his way out of it, then see you dead before dawn to ensure it goes off without a hitch.”

“THEN WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!!” Sonia practically yelled at Naria

Naria after wincing for a moment spoke with a serious expression “we handle this smartly… me, rey, and Raven will head off that portage crew, keep them from landing… you wait hidden here keeping an eye on your friend to protect her, don’t reveal yourself not even to her” Naria looked up at Rey “there are two entrances they can take onto this island so we should split up… I’ll guard this way if you and Raven get the other way… see if the old man can help give Raven back up in some form”

Sonia listened to Naria but she clearly was still currently in quite a tender state.. having her watch over her friend alone may not be the smartest idea
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:16 am

"Sonia is going to need backup," Rey said. "If this butler wannabe is a pirate captain then he's dangerous. Especially if he's skilled enough to pluck an exploding card out of the air. One of us has to stay with her."

Rey folded his arms and thought.

"I can handle the crew myself," he said. "I can wreck their entire ship before they even set foot on the island. You back up Sonia."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:56 pm

“And if they come from the path your not guarding? Even you would take some time to get all the way across… it would be better we each take one path to guard since I can also wreck their ship out at sea” Naria responded to Rey firmly

Sonia spoke up “I can do it… if I have time to prepare… I can get him” she looked at Naria and Rey “I’m sorry… but please I must ask you both to protect this island!” She bowed her hands curled tightly into fists, she was struggling to keep herself calm though there was determination in her voice
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:13 pm

Rey frowned. He didn't like leaving any of them to face danger alone.Of course he had little idea of how much experience Sonia had wither powers.

He sighed.

"Well...we can't stand by and let innocent people get hurt," Rey said. "And you might be better served by keeping your friend as far away from her butler as possible. Keep her away from him until we can back you up.

"Raven...i don't know what she can do in a fight. She has some weird powers but they aren't on a level to handle a crowd. She might be better as a scout or something..."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:49 pm

Naria smiled “ok how about this captain… if either you or I spot the ship coming we send a signal, I’ll shoot a water ball up, you just let out a quake towards the sky… the one that doesn’t give the signal rushes to help Sonia”

Sonia looked up at Naria and opened her mouth but was stopped by a finger to her lips

“We aren’t going to belittle your determination to protect the inhabitants of this island… but it won’t do any good for one of us three monsters to just be sitting idle, rather then that, having the one not fighting help end the others fighting faster makes more sense doesn’t it?” Naria had went into big sister mode again “besides that we really don’t know what Raven can do in a fight yet so we just have to go off some assumptions there”

Sonia frowned and nodded “alright… well I’m going to go get prepared, the attack is supposed to happen at daybreak right? I don’t think he will move before then because there is another butler and a maid that work for her in the mansion” with that she left being careful to avoid the path so she didn’t get spot by Ethan.
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:56 pm

"I can fly," Rey said. "So maybe I can spot them from the sky? It might be worth a shot at taking them out before they even get her at daybreak. Then we only have Ethan. Or whatever his two name is."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:57 pm

Naria nodded watching Sonia run off then looked at Rey “so your saying attack first? Even so… I worry that if you have to release a quake he will notice, and speed up his clock on what he does” she narrowed her eyes “in the worst case he would just slaughter everyone in the mansion and forge the girl’s signature on a will he wrote up” she crossed her arms “sometimes letting the enemy plan get to its final stage before crushing it is a sound option to save the most lives…”

After a moment of silence Naria sighed “go ahead and go wait at the beach and rest… I’ll go inform Raven about things, maybe have her assist Sonia then go wait at the other entrance beach” she started to walk away but stopped and looked at him “and don’t go letting your guard down… I’ll be really pissed if you go and get yourself killed cause you got cocky” she let out an honest smile before she continued walking, unlike Sonia though she didn’t avoid passing Ethan, of course she didn’t let her expression or body in anyway change as she passed, he had already seen her so no need to further alert him she knew anything… atleast that was her thought.
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:16 am

Rey had a couple more objections but she was already gone. Besides...he wasn't really a captain yet. No ship. He shrugged.

"Okay," Rey told Sonia. "Beach it is. Good luck."

He took off, running much faster towards the beach than most humans could manage. In moments he was gone.

"Ethan" approached the mansion, carrying a pair of bags of groceries. A last meal for the condemned. He wondered about the young woman he had passed on the way back. Odd that a stranger should show up in town the day of his plan. Especially since he hadn't heard of a ship coming in. Suspicious...
Whitebrand
Heavy user

PreviousNext

Return to Private Roleplay