Reincarnated as a Golem (Whitebrand and Tigra9)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Re: Reincarnated as a Golem (Whitebrand and Tigra9)

Postby tigra9 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:12 pm

ill need to remember that in the future then sapphira thought to herself

Sapphira sat there calmly listening to the leader and spoke “well I mean... you could certainly try to do so... but surely you don’t think I would willingly comply to such a stupid thing”

At that moment the beta jumped in the way of her leader and snapped her jaws at an angle causing a thread, so thin as to be easily missed, to snap and she glared at sapphira “seems it’s not that I couldn’t see what you were about to do as it was you just didn’t do anything”

Sapphira blinked watching this and laughed “oh? And what result did you forsee? Did I actually take his eye or no?” She fully stood her body up and raised her tails, she had all but one laying in the snow before to disguise their number but now she raised them fanned out for display “I win if we endure your assault... but you can’t win without coming up here” she taunted the Dire cats, her surprise attack failed but that didn’t mean her traps weren’t still an option
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:34 pm

"Clever," the leader growled. "Enough tricks. No more vixen pranks. Come out from behind your toys and face me. Then you will learn all about compliance!"

There was no way that he was going to knowingly send his huntresses into traps that he now knew were real. No, he would call her out directly. This was the fate of the alpha...to take on oneself the risks to the pack. He couldn't be sure that she had enough pride to accept his challenge...foxes were a wild card. Perhaps they might have to brave the dragon after all. At least the dragon could be seen.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:04 pm

Sapphira frowned hearing the leaders challenge and sighed “one on one, no tricks or set ups before hand... if I win your pride belongs to me.... as for if you win, well I have nothing to give besides myself, the kobolds merely asked me to help them, I do not own them yet”

She then started walking down the path hopping and avoiding the threads she had placed until she was soon about 10 human feet from the alpha Direcat and sat down tails swaying a little “as for the condition of defeat... well we are monsters so to the Death is the only reasonable course right?”

The beta growled at Sapphira “big words...” she commented but she stepped back once she used her skill to confirm that sapphira wouldn’t pull any stunts yet
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:40 pm

“Death for me,” the alpha said with a vicious grin. “Submission for you. Waste not want not.”

The male stepped forward, hair bristled. Suddenly he shot forward in a blink, his body’s powerful muscles driving him forward, mouth opening to take the fox by the neck...
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:56 pm

Sapphira nodded then watched him, he was incredibly fast!

But something was wrong in her eyes... clearly he had a lot of speed she could tell that... but why did his movements feel so slow to her? She had yet to meet a creature as fast as that leap was after all

It would happen almost by reflex she jumped to the side completely avoiding him and then tilting her head with a curious look as her tails had shifted and his leap resulted in him landing and tangling himself in those tails that quickly moved to restrain him with a grip even stronger then his bites “strange” she was very confused right now, based on her own bodies movement she wasn’t any faster then him, yet to her eyes if only for a moment it was as if he was hanging in mid air for far longer then he actually was... why was that? Was it left over mental experience from her original death? Did he didn’t give off the feel of killing intent and he didn’t plan to kill her so surely it wasn’t a near death experience.....
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:02 pm

“Treacherous vixen!” The Direcat alpha snarled as he was caught in the tails. He was entangled...but not trapped. He clawed furiously at the tails that held him and tried to bite down on anything within reach. The claws hurt but if his jaws managed to get a grip on one of her tails he could potentially tear it off. That would hurt a whole lot.

He was a battle hardened veteran of many fights to the death. He did not panic, but instead counterattacked with dangerous focus. She had him...but it was only a matter of time before he got a dangerous grip on her as well...
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:46 pm

Sapphira winced a bit feeling the claws find ground in her tails but she quickly spun and released him having spun he trials longer so she threw him back before he could get hold of her tails with his jaws “well this form isn’t suited for me atleast.... guess I should take this a bit more seriously”

The beta who had been calmly watching with the rest of the pride visibly shook, and it was little wonder why, Sapphira’s aura flared up like crazy and she had started changing...

Sapphira’s tails had been the first thing to change retreating fully into her body then shortly after her fur disappeared and her body enlarged and began changing shape, the moment she could she moved to stand on her two feet even as her body kept changing. She soon took her true form, but it wasn’t the human appearance she normally had, no she looked like a stone golem her eyes having changed to look like proper human eyes if one ignored the eyeballs were glittering blue gems under the eye lids, using her newer extra mass she had taken the form of an armored woman statue, with her armor reminiscent of what were referred to as ‘Valkyries’ and she smiled “there we go... hmm maybe I went a little far on the armor details but it will work all the same”

Her blue eyes turned to the alpha of the pride “sorry to spoil your fun but I’m not a fox at all... though calling me a vixen might be appropriate in a different manner...” at this she tilted her head once to each side “I’m a type of stone golem... don’t go feeling to discouraged though, our fight is still on... and if you flee I will simply track you down and kill you anyway” she touched a hand to her chest where there was a blue sapphire, it was about the size of her palm “here I’ll even be nice, this is my core, scratch it and it’s your victory, I’ll bend knee to you from there on and take whatever form you desire to claim me in, not that I can bear you any offspring”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:26 am

The male snarled even though he knew that the battle had suddenly become nearly hopeless. He had to rely on his speed to get in a winning blow. The male threw a glance at his beta, letting her know that he was not going to back down. He utilized all his remaining power into his special ability.

The Direcat male seemed to blink out. A split second later he reappeared right in front of the golem, his claws lashing out at her vulnerable core. It was all or nothing now...and let the gods descide.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:35 am

The beta had looked towards her alpha concerned but had no time to warn him of her vision before he moved in his all or nothing gamble

Sapphira placed her hands over her core, she could see him move barely, but he was to fast for her to have acted after he moved, and it’s not like protecting her core was not an option.

After his swing struck and sheered away her left hand that had been on top she quickly swung her leg up aiming for the belly of the Alpha “well I’m glad as a golem I can’t feel pain... losing ones hand would really hurt after all”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:57 am

"Ha!" the Direcat howled just before he jot a knee in his gut. He collapsed to the ground, wheezing. He scrambled to his feet and resumed the all-out attack. The Direcat became a whirlwind of claws and teeth, ripping at the now-one-handed golem.

The Kobolds gripped their weapons of varying quality, trying to watch the pride and the fight at the same time. They didn't look very confident about their odds of Sapphira lost.

Across the village, Brand remained at his post, unaware that there were no foes in the brush for him to face.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:34 am

Sapphira started dodging and using her arms to parry the alpha’s blows, she had made a stone casing over her core, it was the most vital part of her body both for this contest and in general anyways so it was obvious she would protect it. come brand, but don’t interfere with my fight she called to him through telepathy

She then spoke out loud to the alpha of the pride “your quite something... in speed I’m no match honestly, but then again...” with that she stopped back pedaling and turning and suddenly shot her head forward right towards his, intending to headbutt him with bone crushing force, she was a golem after all and stupid levels of physical strength was a given and she was also bracing herself with her back leg so it would be like striking a metal pole at high speed

The daughter of the kobold chief was among those standing watching the pride and the fight her eyes on the pride more then the fight though, their village was done for if sapphira lost, after all sapphira said she would bend knee to the direcats! But at the same time she couldn’t help but feel trust for sapphira from the bottom of her heart, and who knows even if she lost sapphira might still save the kobolds... maybe... hopefully.

The beta’s eyes were entirely on the fight but she stopped suddenly and laid down head on the ground, she foresaw it... the victor of this fight... her eyes closed as tears welled in them... that headbutt wasn’t the final blow but what came after was undoubtedly going to end the fight and all she could whisper was a pained “goodbye”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:45 pm

As the devastating blow landed a shadow fell over the battle site. The shadow became smaller as Brand descended, soon landing right behind the line of Kobolds. All of a sudden the pride didn’t look quite so confident.

As for the alpha, the blinding pain and the crunch of bone told him that this fight was all but over. He staggered and fell, stunned. He tried to make his limbs move but everything was momentarily scrambled. His gamble had failed. There would be no one to take care of his precious pride. Thirty lionesses, a handful of young males, and ten cubs...without an alpha.

Goodbye... he thought as he forced himself to his feet. He would face his death in the manner his pride could take heart from. As a fearless alpha. A warrior of his people.

Spare my pride... he wanted to say. But his brain could not make the words come. Instead he lunged at the Golem, jaws open at her face while his claws made one last attempt to win out. His people would always remember him so.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:57 pm

Sapphira stood there motionless as the alpha fell, she wouldn’t attack him while he was down, she understood that trend she so often saw in anime and the manga she read back in her old life where a fight was happening in it and one party waited while looking down at the other who was on the brink of death

The kobold girl jumped seeing the shadow fall over them but upon looking and seeing brand she calmed a bit and watched the end of the fight

The beta just laid there and waited the result to occur as she foresaw

Sapphira ‘heard’ the alpha’s final words and spoke “I will” she didn’t dodge or move out of the way and instead pulled her fist back and threw a punch right at the center of the alpha’s forehead aiming for an instant kill.

Once the fight was finished with that blow Sapphira turned her attention towards the pride and spoke “It’s finished, who will speak for you with me”

The beta stood and sauntered forward “I will...” she nuzzled the corpse of their dead alpha then turned her attention towards Sapphira “what would you have of us Alpha?” Such was the way of things, it didnt matter that sapphira wasn’t a Direcat, she was a monster who had won a one on one fight with the previous alpha.

Sapphira sighed a bit troubled at being called the alpha “have your pride go get the young and bring them, I don’t know if you do it but don’t kill any of them” she put a hand to her chest “I can’t help your pride bear more” she then looked towards the kobolds and as if thinking about it looked back at the direcats “do not attack the Kobolds, if you obey that you may enter for the time being while I speak to your beta and the kobolds”

Sapphira then reached down and grabbed the leaders body and pressed it against her core which seemed to open and pull the corpse into it rapidly by use of her skill followed by her entering the village while carefully removing her thread traps and telling the kobolds to get the elder so she could speak to the elder and beta in the commons place she had been lead to before and she petted brand on the head “quite a busy day it’s been hasn’t it?” She asked him then walked past him with a small motion asking him to join her
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:53 pm

“What do you have in mind?” Brand asked silently as they walked. “Are you seriously thinking of uniting them? They were at one another’s throats moments ago!”

Surely one of the reasons bs the pride had attacked the Kobolds at all was for easy prey and resources. Did Sappira really think that there was enough to share?

Of course he didn’t know anything about agriculture but maybe she did.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:56 am

Sapphira shrugged and spoke “I understand your concern brand, but it’s not like they can’t help eachother in that regard”

The beta had followed Sapphira into the village but was a bit slow, she couldn’t watch the previous alpha being swallowed by Sapphira but she didn’t voice any complaint, Sapphira was leader of the pride now, it didn’t matter what was done with the previous alpha who lost she also remained silent as her ears picked up on brands speech... he wasn’t wrong, mere moments ago her pack intended to kill and devour every kobold here, but the reason for it wasn’t as simple as Brand thought it to be.

Sapphira inwardly checked the skill she got from the previous alpha [Great Speed] temporarily enhances the users speed by a large amount at the cost of most of their stamina. No wonder he left it as a last resort... any living being would suffer an insane backlash using it

Sapphira would make a quick stop to collect the fur she had been given before entering the common building and sitting down to wait for the elder after wrapping her body in the fur and returning to her human appearance

The beta however got a very pained expression seeing the fur, perhaps greater even then her expression at the passing of the alpha. Sapphira wouldn’t pick up on that but Brand could probably tell. She however simply continued following and once in the building laid down submissively before Sapphira and Brand, eyes staring at the fur
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:26 am

You might want to dispose of the fur, Brand hinted delicately. The owner was part of her pride after all. Take your fox form again. It will be more...neutral.

The dragon waited outside since he wouldn’t fit in the building without crowding out everyone else.

The old Kobold, once again being helped by his daughter, hobbled into the hut and sat down across from the Direcat beta. He eyed her warily but she seemed sufficiently cowed. Perhaps, he thought, he could leave leadership to the village to someone at last.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:37 am

Sapphira smiled thank you for the advice... but I’m not going to completely get rid of it she did remove it though forming a fox tail to wrap herself in instead and set aside the fur whilst awaited the elder’s arrival

Once seeing her father to the commons building the daughter sat down outside with brand she seemed nervous, not that she could be blamed for that, there was a Direcat inside the building she was sitting next to the entrance of. The cloth that covered the entrance though wasn’t soundproof so brand and her could easily hear the conversation from inside.

Sapphira spoke first “so, I know you both will likely have your complaints, but it is my hope for your people to work together from here on”

The beta spoke “if that’s what you want my alpha...” she was interrupted

Sapphira glared and interrupted with a slightly raised voice “I don’t want to be your alpha, though I expect submission from your pride just as the prize I desired out of fighting your previous alpha that is more along the lines of me as the master and your pride as my minions... you are your prides alpha and it’s for that reason that your here representing your pride’s side of things in this discussion”

Sapphira turned her attention to the elder “what are your thoughts?” She asked calmly

Outside the daughter had reacted with great concern hearing Sapphira’s desire of them working together with the Direcats
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:17 pm

The elder frowned at the Direcat.

“My son,” he said with a crack in his voice. “Had a similar idea. He imagined us riding Direcats on the hunt or to battle. Until your pack tore him apart. I would know what drove you from your territory to hunt my people before I say anything else.”

His son was gone. There was nothing an old Kobold could do about that. But maybe...maybe his son’s vision could come true. If this pack—pride, whatever—had more than greed or cruelty driving them then maybe he could consider it.

For the first time in a long time he had an upper hand in a negotiation. Thanks to the golem and her dragon companion. He rather wished he’d had his son back to offer her a marriage as a reward for her but that was no longer possible.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:40 pm

The beta... now alpha by Sapphira’s command just looked at the elder and let out a soft growl “prey was a large part of the reason... but that in itself is also a byproduct of the main reason” she looked at sapphira “I don’t know if you are aware sapphira, but since the disappearance of Aurora, those that inhabit this forest have begun something of a war to claim territory, the mere presence of her was a deterrent that the kobolds among others based themselves close to in order to limit those that would dare assault them knowing being so close to the sealed ruler of these ever snow covered forests risked far more then simple death”

Sapphira frowned “is that so? I wasn’t aware... it was only a couple days ago I left the cave I woke in.... I hold no memories or knowledge before waking in that cave”

The alpha nodded “we were driven from our territory by this self same fighting, normally a pride of direcats hold several adult males with a clear pecking order among them decided by regular fights but...” her eyes looked down to the ground “many were lost in the process and it was all we could achieve to leave with only half our young still alive” she lifted her head and looked at the elder “I will not ask forgiveness for our actions against your people, nor do I feel shame about it either...” her eyes wandered to the fur Sapphira had “yours are not the only who have bore losses to the other as is the way of us monsters”

Sapphira frowned and spoke “then what of allying with the kobolds?”

The alpha turned her gaze to sapphira and spoke “I wouldn’t be against it... but I dare say that as things stand an alliance will not be easily accepted by either of us... my pride would not accept this kobold’s leadership, nor would his likely accept mine”

Sapphira hearing that went quiet, she understood the alpha’s point well, even if they both agreed to an alliance the emotions couldn’t so easily be wiped away and there was the fact in this alliance of races there would be a mess in the command chain without a neutral party to ease friction of either of this leaders trying to command those of the others race
Last edited by tigra9 on Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:47 am

It appears you are going to be playing more than just a neutral role here. Brand thoughtvto Sapphira. For some time.

The Kobold looked satisfied with the reply.

“While the same pressures are on us as are on you, I cannot deny the truth of your words. Nor that we would be the stronger together rather than fighting each other. If it our savior’s desire that we strike a partnership then I will agree. I will also agree that neither of us is willing to submit to the other. So we must do what we have already agreed to and submit to one we can both agree upon.”

The cunning old Kobold could barely hide a triumphant look on his face. At last...someone to help shoulder the burden of leadership. The burden has been too heavy for one his age. It would be a relief for someone else to take some of the responsibility.

Brand was almost laughing outside.

You know what would make both sides stronger? he asked. Names. I am sure you are strong enough for all of them.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

PreviousNext

Return to Private Roleplay