Attending a War Maiden(Whitebrand and Tigra9)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Re: Attending a War Maiden(Whitebrand and Tigra9)

Postby tigra9 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:43 am

Valentina calmly turned her head to follow the assassin’s movements, she couldn’t see him through the tree cover, but due to the ever so slight movements of the trees and her own special sense that Muma gave her while she wielded it she easily kept track of the assassin’s position.

Upon hearing the crossbow explode though Valentina took off in a dash, her speed was quite above a normal person with her build should be but as she closed the distance to the assassin in less then three seconds (a trained soldier would have achieve the same distance in about 20 seconds) and seeing the blade hit the ground she slammed muma onto it making an indent in the ground and breaking it then swiftly slamming muma into the assassin’s foot so he couldn’t run easily then stood there ignoring the fact she was still naked

“Now time to answer some ques.....” Valentina started speaking to interrogate the assassin but stoped and clicked her tongue in annoyance as she realized the assassin’s eyes had rolled back in his head “killed himself with poison huh?” She commented in annoyance and after smacking the head of muma to the ground to sense her surroundings through the ground vibrations she sighed and walked back to the well area

Once back there Valentina looked at Noelle “he killed himself, tell the guards to collect him and see if they can find anything to give us a clue, I will finish bathing later” she said walking over and grabbing the robe putting it on then looking in the direction the arrows had flown from to hit the assassin and added “also have Tristan sent to my office, I wish to speak to him in private”

With that Valentina began walking away still holding muma that now bore a handle as tall as Valentina’s torso and a head as large as either of her breasts (that the robe only just barely covered but still left a good show of cleavage) in her hand at the ready, though Valentina forgot a key fact in the wake of all this... she still didn’t know her way around
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:04 pm

Tristan was staring at the princess as she walked away, open mouthed. Once the killer had gone down from the poison he’d turned and gotten an eyeful of naked princess. His feet had become rooted to the spot and his hands gripped his bow tightly in shock.

Noelle smiled at her son as she passed by him, gently closing his mouth for him.

“Remember she kicks,” she said as she headed out of the garden area. Guards were already in their way. “See that she finds her way to her rooms, will you?”

Tristan tried to regain his composure as he intercepted Valentina before she marched herself into the kitchen. It was hard to keep his eyes anywhere safe on her.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:42 pm

Valentina looked back at Tristan as he caught up and now it reoccurred time her her lack of knowledge about the layout “ah, sorry mind showing me the way to my office? Also this robe covers enough barely” she commented about the robe in an offhand fashion, it was one fit for someone her height to reach their knees but with her endowment to much was used hiding her chest so it reached her thighs, still enough to hide her privates but still dangerously short

As a side note, she was shaved clean down there

Upon reaching her official office Valentina entered and couldn’t help but be in awe as she saw one side of the room was dedicated to shelves for books, and a platform that was set halfway up the wall for reaching the upper shelves, the large office had a mostly bare floor save a single very fancy looking marble desk (one of the early vanadis apparently fashioned it with muma) and behind it was an intricate wooden high back chair, then the far wall behind it held three large arch shaped windows. Finally on the opposite wall form the bookshelves was a large mural that showed the myth of the first dragon king bestowing the Dragon Arms to the first vanadis, though this mural placed Muma as the closest to the king (the other vanadis held murals with their own respective Arm at the front) and finally the wall in which the door was set held three banners with the crests of the kingdom on the center and higher one and the other two held the crest of Brest.

After forcing herself to quickly overcome her aww Valentina walked along the white stone floor to her desk standing behind it notably short enough her breasts just barely cleared the desk in height, in front of the desk was two chairs, they were not as intricately designed and high class as the one Valentina sat in but they were still cushioned and clearly noble level seats “please sit Tristan” she said curtly to him before taking a seat herself, she was thankfully she wasn’t shorter then she already was with the desk being the height it was compared to her and set muma down on it gently

Once Tristan sat down she looked at him and spoke as she sat upright with her hands in her lap clearly sitting at attention, even the air she gave off seemed more noble and refined, no doubt a remnant from her time as a princess “even though I could tell that assassin’s position I wasn’t able to see him... so how were you able to not only see him, but accurately shoot through the coverage of the trees twice to break the wood arms of his crossbow thereby rendering it useless, and follow that up with arrows in both his shoulders by the moment he landed” she shook her head before looking back at him “even seeing your skill in the range I don’t believe even you could so casually preform such a feat given our relative positions”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:40 pm

Tristant couldn't answer at first. He could not believe that the princess had been able to hide those massive mammaries under that simple outfit. He snapped out of it in timwe to sit down when asked, shaking himself back into reality.

"Please do not mistake composure for ease, my Lady," he said. "It is simply skill...and a gift. I can make out details very well and can see clearly a bit further than most. Honestly though you have not seen me at my best, if you'll forgive the arrogance. I have o few...gifts that will serve you well."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:37 pm

Valentina narrowed her eyes listening and sighed placing her hands crossed on the desk and leaned forward “is that so? Then tell me what these gifts would be Tristan, I’m not keen on keeping a person close to me when they withhold useful information that could change how I can approach any given battle” she spoke calmly to him

At around the same time a package would be brought by a messenger to the palace that was to be given to Valentina, it was sent by the Vanadis who held the Staff of Shining Brilliance- Zaht, it’s owner was from a territory that didn’t quite border Brest but was on the other side of a vanadis territory that did border Brest. An inspection would reveal it held an outfit along with some custom armor pieces.
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:16 pm

"Fine," Tristan said a bit tartly. He held out his hand. "Brace yourself."

In his hand appeared a bow. Not an ordinary wooden one, or even a fine one. This thing was made of some sort of otherworldly ceramic or other material, and the string was made of some sort of spun silver. The bow was shaped like intertwining branches in a flowing, graceful line with the head of a unicorn carved into the handle. She could feel the power of the weapon...that it as not considered to be a Dragon Arm seemed to be a mere technicality.

This gave rise to all kinds of uncomfortable questions. Only the gods could have created the Dragon Arms. Only they could have created this new weapon. Why? Was there some dire need coming to the world that they felt the necessity to create this fledgling Arm? And its chosen wielder...a boy? Was this some sort of game of the gods? A test?

"I can spot a black cat in a dark shadow from over a hundred yards away," Tristan said. "I look around and I see everything. No detail escapes me, even if I'd rather it did. And at my best I can outshoot anyone in the Realms, both with speed and accuracy. Because of this talent I'm being groomed for elite officer training. Among other things."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:41 pm

Valentina straightened herself quickly seeing the bow and narrowed her eyes listening to him, certainly she found it incredibly suspicious, but the legend everyone in the kingdom grew up know was that the first black dragon king appeared during a time were countless tribes warred and with no seeming end and offered tribes to unite under him but only seven tired of ceaseless battle joined him. The seven tribes offered to him their strongest female maiden as a wife and pledge of loyalty, and to these seven did he gift the Dragon Arms and subsequently lead the seven tribes to victory wiping out the enemy clans and securing the land that became the kingdom of Zecht and set the rule the seven chosen by the Dragon Arms would answer to none but the king and wield political power on par with the highest of nobility.

However after taking some time to consider Tristan’s words Valentina took a deep breath “is that so? In truth your bow feels special... and muma seems to recognize a bond with it... though even it can’t say why”

Valentina frowned and put a hand to her chin in thought for a bit longer before speaking again “then my command as your new lord is thus, continue your studies and stay among the soldiers, in time I will grant you position at my side in military affairs but until then you must make allies among your fellow soldiers and prove yourself worthy before them”

She pointed at him a serious expression on her face “I can not sow seeds of doubt among the soldiers that I will play favorites. Lady Fine groomed you but she did so in a rash manner, I will not do the same even though I sincerely desire you at my side sooner then later” she smiled softening her expression “also... do not take out that bow without my express permission or your life is in such danger you have no other choice to Tristan... people, no matter their status or role will get jealous of what another has”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:07 am

"So does that mean I can stop wearing the silk, ma'am?" he asked with a bit of relief. "It shall be as you wish. My bow is yours."

He had no idea what he was getting into.

His reflexes proved to be just as quick as his eye, Valentina would find out. Tristan excelled in both thrown and missile weaponry and had a fighting style in hand to hand combat that baffled his trianers. He even invented his own fighting style with paired sticks..."Eskrima" he called it. It utilized joint locks, grappling and weapon disarming techniques in combination with stick weapons that could be substituted for knives. He didn't do so well with weapons that depended on crushing or otherwise smashing through armor, though. He stuck to the light weaponry to devastating effect. One day she would catch him actuaally using his training bow as a melee weapon.

His acedemic training was also odd. He answered and asked questions that sounded like they came from a veteran of battle...even thouogh he was barely the age they let young men on to the battlefield. His preferred tactics were clearly skirmisher style ambush-and-retreat styles, but he was decent enough with large army tactical training.

(Yes, I'm sort of basing his skills and abilities on Arrow.)

That said, he also had the emotional development of any other adolescent male of his age: Given to occasional mood swings and nervous around girls. He had a circle of friendly acquaintances, but not many actual friends.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:23 am

Valentina nodded “yes, in fact give me the silk once you are able to” with that she would dismiss him and see about the delivery she was informed of shortly after trying in on the outfit and armor and being rather happy and impressed about it.

Time would pass and Valentina divided her time between sparring with the soldiers (and trouncing Tristan every time they sparred without even using muma to enhance herself) doing paperwork as befitting her being a territory owner, and for atleast the first week memorizing the layout of the palace so she didn’t need a guide to get around.

It would now be a month later and Valentina would be sitting in her office at her desk in a fancy but casual attire rubbing her temples as she looked at the paperwork in front of herself, Noelle was the only other person in the room and had been ordered by Valentina to just refer to the girl as ‘Tina’ when it was just the two of them as ‘Lady Valentina’ while proper was a lot to say “does he even have an ounce of respect for his weapon?” She mused as her brown eyes closed as she sighed and set the paper down, it was a report about several soldiers but much of it was taken up solely by Tristan’s part and there was a note of complaint about how Tristan often used a training bow like a staff or sword.

Valentina for her part didn’t mind Tristan’s out of box thinking for military tactics but his methods of fighting more or less bothered her as he rarity showed the resolve to stand against her even while she was no stronger then a normal person since she didn’t have muma on her person during sparring lest she passively have her body buffed by the Dragon Arm
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:21 pm

She caught him holding back several times when sparring against her. That was when she’d discovered how he got away with using his bow as a parrying weapon. He’d lined the bow with thin plates of metal along its length, reinforcing its strength.

He would almost never strike at her chest, a fatal mistake for warriors in combat. Oh, he’d sometimes get her with a weapon held to the head or neck, or simulate taking out a limb...but he wouldn’t strike her chest. Only her though...which suggested a couple of possible reasons.

True to his word she never saw his bow again...but she could feel it every time she was near him.

Noelle, meanwhile, served Valentina with the same dutifulness that she did with the chairman. She wouldn’t mention her son...and he was clearly her son...unless Valentina bought him up. Somehow her schedule kept being arranged so that she and Tristan would cross paths...sometimes a little awkwardly. Like the time she’d passed by the training hall when he was in it shirtless.

Then there was the day when Tristan had been sent to the princess’s shower to retrieve some jewelry that had gotten accidentally left there...right when Valentina was showering during an off-hours break. The boy looked like he’d been hit in the head with Muma when he’d come around the paths corner and saw her in all her glory. He’d stood there stunned for several seconds before fleeing the instant before she turned around. Her only clue he’d been there were the sounds of retreating footsteps...and she discovered she knew his somewhat distinctive pace.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:59 pm

Valentina has not taken kindly to being held back against, and every single time she caught Tristan doing it she immediately summoned muma and only barely kept her strikes at a less then bone shattering strength.

With the incidents of running into him she didn’t say anything about it keeping a strict and stoic manner to herself, she had been holding muma when he was tricked into walking in on her bathing but she let it go and punished Noelle that night for it as she had figured out by that point Noelle was Tristan’s mother

Back in the present Valentina would set the paper aside and looked at Noelle calmly “Noelle, is your butt feeling better today?” She asked, the day before Noelle had been tricked into going to the men’s bath while Tristan was in there naked and bathing and Valentina aggravated at yet another ‘accident’ had gave the maid a good smack to her butt hard enough to leave a long lasting mark and gave a clear warning to the maid Valentina would not forgive any further ‘accidents’ like that.

Right after Noelle responded the door to the office would be knocked on then opened as a man entered “Lady Valentina! Forgive me but a letter from his majesty has arrived for you” the man spoke while breathing heavy and holding out a scroll with a wax seal that clearly showed it was from the royal family

Valentina blinked in surprise seeing the man enter so suddenly had gripped muma, an action hidden from the front by the desk, but hearing his words and seeing the seal she loosened her body that had tended subconsciously and motioned for the man to bring it over where she took it and opened it “you may leave” she told the messenger and made sure he was gone and the door closed before she looked down to focus on the writing in the scroll
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:29 am

The arrival of a message with a royal seal was a subject that got around fast. Tristan heard about it among the mess room talk and frowned. It could only mean trouble.

Noelle remained quiet in her place as she waited until the messenger left the room. Only when they were alone did she step forward, ready to assist. Matchmaking hijinks were set aside in her mind as the royal message became the priority.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:44 am

Valentina read it in silence though as she finished the short letter she put a hand to her face and took a deep breath followed by an even deeper sigh “brother why now?....” she straightened up and looked at Noelle as she stood “His Highness Prince Brand will be coming to visit in half a months time, spread this news to all the servants and make sure this entire palace is spotless by the time he arrives, I will speak to the Council myself” she stated her intention about the council as she stood and grabbed Muma off her desk and hooking it to the belt she wore at her waist purely for easily carrying Muma.

Prince Brand Estelle Loire Ne Zecht was Valentina’s oldest brother, and Second oldest among the King’s children. A stern but fair individual that was a proven leader on the battlefield and among the noble courts who would turn 24 this year and had the backing of over half the nobles and unlike the norm for kings a man who went out of his way to make connections with the 7 Vanadis, that is what the kingdoms populace as a whole knew him to be.

Valentina herself however knew a very different side of him, he was a brother that cared deeply for his siblings while being manipulating the nobles from behind the scenes, several nobles unfit for their positions had already been removed and replaced due to his schemes. Valentina also wouldn’t happily admit it but he was a fighter easily on par with any one of the vanadis short of unleashing their Draconic Arts, techniques that unleashed the might of the dragon arm and the strongest arts capable of laying waste to Dragons.
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:29 pm

No sooner had the words left Valentina’s mouth than Noelle was scribbling notes on doing exactly that. She bowed...a little stiffly...and left the room to get the staff straight to work. Fortunately there were protocols and decorations already available for a royal visit so it took less time than one might expect to get things in motion.

Tristan and the other soldiers, particularly the officers-in-training, were grilled about ceremonial appearance and presentation. Tristan and several others were assigned to command troops through their formations and security checks. The fortress was going to be very busy for the next several days.

The nobles of Brest did not react to the Prince’s coming with enthusiastic glee. He was known as the sort who had a strict definition of law and order and nobles who skirted his line tended to lose their lands. There wasn’t a noble alive who didn’t come very close to the edge of the law once in awhile. They did not like the idea of being under the Prince’s eye for any length of time.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:46 pm

Valentina sighed and went to deal with the council, Brest itself had only her as anything along the lines of a noble, but the border of the territory was dotted with various nobles with various titles and Valentina understood well the implications of her eldest brother being here so close to all those hornet nests and she couldn’t be sure his visit didn’t have an ulterior motive for her aswell, he was crafty enough that even she could fall prey to his strings even if she thought she was doing what she wanted.

Over the course of the two weeks leading up to his visit Valentina left the general day to day operations of the capital and territory to the council and focused herself on regular patrols to ensure everything was in order at the palace while also keeping tabs on the surrounding noble territories for any signs of movements and compiling it.

On the day her brother was to arrive Valentina would be standing out front of the palace wearing her hair up in a bun and wearing a lovely dress with a blend of green, brown, and white coloring, it emphasized her figure nicely and cut off below her shoulders along with a window for her cleavage to show with separate gloves that reached her upper arms. Lastly she bore a waist length cape that bore the crest of the Brest territory and had it turned to cover her scarred shoulder.

Valentina would stand there with a practiced ease to her stoic noble woman’s stance as she awaited her brothers arrival however her shoulders visibly slumped when she realized her brother had not arrived in a horse drawn carriage as his position should demand... but horseback... with the minimal amount of royal guards around him “brother....” she muttered under her breath disappointment clear in her voice to the two people standing one step behind and to either side of her, one was Mashas and the other was Noelle

Mashas who if not already completely grey haired likely would’ve gotten a few more since Valentina’s arrival couldn’t help but frown at the sight he was met with, his stance didn’t change at all despite his surprise but it was only a matter of status that made him hold his tongue, after all he was by all rights a privileged commoner... questioning the crown prince was something even nobles would be scrutinized with heavily and risked a great deal, nevermind the sheer social death Mashas himself would face should he speak above his station in this matter.
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:29 pm

Brand rode high on his massive horse, looking resplendent in his military uniform. His attire spoke volumes in setting the tone of his visit, strongly suggesting that this was not a mere social call. His minimal escort was populated by his best bodyguards...a handful of individuals who were head and shoulders above trained soldiers...but were guised as ordinary troops.

Valentina’s own troops were out in their best formal wear, arranged in neatly organized squares armed with banner-bearing spears. They snapped to as the Prince passed them, who in turn nodded in approval. He actually looked right at Tristan briefly before approaching the platform where Valentina stood with her aides.

Brand dismounted and saluted the princess as he approached. He might have been the Prince but this was her territory by more or less divine mandate so the protocols put her as the host. As his troopers dismounted themselves and lined upon front of the platform for her inspection, Brand removed his gloves and held out his hands to Valentina.

“So how is my baby sister?” He said loudly enough for Valentina to hear clearly.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:01 pm

Valentina gave a deep curtsy to her brother as he approached then made a motion for her soldiers to stand down and leave back into the palace, she had given both Mashas and Noelle an annoyed glare when she saw the soldiers lined up like that, she would’ve preferred it not be such an eventful greeting but had no time to change it before so let it stay as she shook her brothers hand and spoke “greetings Your Highness, it has been a little over a half year since we last spoke I believe” she put emphasis on how she referred to him, in private she was all for calling him her brother, but in public? He was thePrince and she was merely a Warrior that held a pseudo-noble rank and served the king.

Mashas cleared his throat “forgive my speaking out of turn but perhaps his highness and his guards would like to come in for a drink?”

Valentina looked at Mashas and turned back to her brother “yes, it has no doubt been some time since you last stopped to drink and eat has it not?” She looked at Noelle “Noelle have some food and drink delivered to my office for his highness, Mashas will you please see to his guards needs?” She looked at the guards “no I won’t poison him you guys” she said to them, back when she was younger she often hung out around her older siblings and knew their assigned guards pretty well too, or atleast the veteran ones.

Mashas nodded and bowed “it will be seen to my lady” he responded then waited for the guards to be ready before leading them to the mess hall, which had been thoroughly scrubbed the day before so as to leave a good impression
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:11 am

No doubt there was a reason Brand was broadcasting so many mixed messages. Doubtless she’d have to ask in private.

Upon her order, her gathered soldiers moved as one and began filing back to the palace in ordered lines. Similarly the prince’s guard simultaneously broke formation and marched to follow after their charge.

“So formal, sister,” Brand said quietly. “One would think you dreaded the messages I carry. Not that you shouldn’t, of course, but honestly.”

He offered his arm to her as they began to head towards her palace as well...towering over her as he usually did.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:33 am

Valentina averted her gaze when her brother leaned in a small blush appearing on her cheeks, brand was one of only a handful of souls that knew Valentina was actually in love with him... partially cause she asked if she could become a concubine once she came of age rather then just simply be married off to someone. It wouldn’t have raised many eyebrows, nobles keeping concubines was nothing unusual, even brand a happily married man already had a couple, and the fact Valentina was his sister? Well that part would’ve been unusual but also not really cause much of a stir.

With all that said those plans had gone out the window the day Muma chose Valentina meaning she couldn’t be reduced to a concubine so Valentina had discarded her royal name as also a part where should the day come muma left her while she still lived she could offer her body to her brother and nobody would care since she was a commoner.

Valentina would snap herself back to the happenings at hand and thought she wanted to decline holding his arm she accepted calmly placing a gloved hand on his arm and walking with him guiding him to her office, a small round table had been moved into it with two seats set at it, at this point valentina pulled out Brand’s chair and then stepped back with a small bow before adjusting his chair’s distance to the table once he sat down but stood waiting for the food to be brought in speaking with a blush as she looked towards the door “brother... you know I’m no longer in any way possible your equal... well not that I was your equal while I was still a princess but still I was a child then” she turned back to look straight at him “and even if I were your equal I doubt I would be able to keep myself from being anything but formal in front of others..”

Valentina’s cheeks were practically apple red at this point, only brand knew this easily embarrassed side of his baby sister because she had long since stopped being embarrassed at being seen naked, if your tended to by people that aren’t family when being bathed or changed you tended to lose the feeling of being embarrassed about that after all.
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:28 pm

Brand smiled as he watched her blush. How utterly adorable.

“Well now that we’re alone you can drop it a bit,” He said. He reached for a small bag at his side and extracted a handful of letters. One in particular we rather large.

“All the others,” Brand said. “Are official letters from the crown to our newest Vanadis, prepared by his majesty’s secretary. This one...” he waved the bigger letter. “Is a heartfelt letter form dad and our moms. Mostly dad. You can read it or I can summarize.”
Whitebrand
Heavy user

PreviousNext

Return to Private Roleplay