Fated Paths of Reunion (Whitebrand & Tigra9)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Re: Fated Paths of Reunion (Whitebrand & Tigra9)

Postby tigra9 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:20 pm

Artimisa frowned “I feed Tiamat off wildlife that I put in her reach through my magic... even if I did let her feed off humans I’m not so brazen as to make it traceable back to here Saurfang” she sighed looking back towards the room she had emerged from “but something troubles me, based on our scouts and reports it’s almost as if... the humans are timing this a little to well, as if their aware of father’s secret” Saurfang was the only one trusted enough besides the necessary servants to be informed of Typhon’s physical condition, he had learned of it the same time Typhon had ordered him to swear loyalty to Artimisa

At that particular moment the two would notice a faint presence appear beside them but there was no hostility to it as a female voice seemed to speak from no where “I bring a report my lady” with that a scroll was placed on the floor at Artimisa’s hooves and the presence vanished

Artimisa didn’t seem surprised at the voice and just smiled “thank you Corrina” she said casually before reaching down and grabbing the scroll and frowning as she stared at the ribbon “she does realize I can’t untie this or cut it right?” She complained lightly holding the scroll out for Saurfang, her fingers were tipped in natural claws that made it impossible to manipulate thread like people with proper human like hands could, and only the tips were sharp enough to cut cloth but if Artimisa attempted that with the scroll she was like to tear into the parchment
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:32 am

The big orc snorted and shrugged again. Like he cared who or what he fed to Tiamat...as long as it wasn't his people.

He looked at the scroll with a certain amount of amusement.

"So you have your own inside girl, do you?" he said as he took the scroll and untied it. "Ask her, if it matters to you. My people are ready for war, when it comes, and it will be glorious."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:49 am

Artimisa took the scroll back gently unrolling it, Corrina had been completely invisible to sight but for powerful and experienced monsters like Artimisa and Saurfang it was still easy enough to detect what Corrina was even without prior knowledge “already have, but her investigations didn’t turn anything up just left me with more questions” Artimisa calmly read through the scroll and clicked her tongue “Well, guess we need to prepare faster” she looked at Saurfang “4 human nations have signed a treaty of peace until the Chimer Kingdom is destroyed” she smiled “adding their military might together the estimate is a little over one million soldiers and adventurers, at the very least we can be sure their taking us seriously”

After a period of silence Artimisa turned “Saurfang, as my father’s representative I order you, ensure defenses are prepared promptly, we don’t know when the humans will strike but we will let them strike first and also ensure we have forewarning long before they reach the depths of our kingdom” she gave a devious grin “so we can crush them appropriately” with that she walked back into the room where her father and the other generals were
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:28 pm

"My people shall be feasting sooner than I thought, methinks," the orc general said with a tight grin. "As you command."

For all of his confidence in his people, which were almost universally powerful warriors to be sure, the orcs had a long history of failed conquests. Their tactics were generally poor and their "burn and eat everything" strategy tended to take them only so far before their supply lines were stretched to the breaking point. Added to this was their nearly suicidal devotion to violence, and one could understand why the orcs hadn't conquered the world yet. Of course Saurfang was something of an exception among his kind...he had somehow mastered patience...so with him as a leader they could almost certainly win a first strike.Long term thinking, however, was best left to wiser minds.

The generals immediately stood at attention when she returned, looking at the girl and then the scroll she carried. There was a great deal of curiosity in their eyes...and doubt. After all she was still a child...
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:39 pm

Artimisa had been in the room before but had been sitting against the wall not taking part directly before “father I got a report from my spy among the humans” she said holding up the scroll, she had erased a personal section to it

Typhon looked at his daughter and smiled “is that so? Let’s see here then” he took the scroll and opened it “did you already give Saurfang orders?” He asked knowing she had but wanting to make it clear to the generals his daughter was already capable despite her youth

“Yes I did father, I told him to prepare the defenses, we would let the humans strike first, then crush them appropriately” Artimisa responded and smiled “I was also thinking, when there is an appropriate time, of demonstrating my magical strength in the war”

Typhon hearing his daughter looked at her and smiled “yes I think that would be good, and it will make it an appropriate occasion for me to pass my title to you aswell” he had told his generals he would be stepping down soon enough and giving his throne to Artimisa but he didn’t tell them the precise reason why he was doing it this soon
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:40 pm

The generals nodded their assent...even though it was a certainty that at least one of them...maybe even all of them, would not mind if their master’s daughter were to get herself killed in such a display. Then of course they could have a shot at the title.

“We shall endeavor to ensure that there will be a time and place suitable for your display of power, My Lady,” one of them said, a fellow with three horns and a damaged eye. “Best timed for your safety and to inflict maximum terror among the mortals.”

“I don’t know why the humans bother,” another demon general rumbled, rolling his toad like eyes. “They might as well send their soldiers to us in food crates.

That elicited a general laugh among the staff.

“Regardless,” a red skinned man said. “The war must be planned carefully. There is little point in wasting resources.”

“If we destroy this alliance then the other kingdoms will get very quiet,” another grey-skinned general said. “Fearing themselves next. Easy pickings.”

Of course they thought this way about humans...they were predators who thought they had little reason to respect their prey.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:10 pm

Typhon finished reading the scroll and listened to his generals and spoke to the one with the damaged eye “you all may speak so, however as I recall did you not take that scar from a human? Look down on the masses of them as you please, but don’t forget even a single one may be the one to take your head, if my daughter does not do so first” he then looked at his daughter “which means don’t harm them in here, cleaning up the mess is always hard”

Artimisa blinked and smiled “I understand father, which is why we have servants to clean up messes... though I won’t stand here and take the gaze of these men that think beyond their ability either” she looked at the red skinned human, she knew his race could pass as a different skin human and had the same general combat ability as a human, but they lacked the humans ingenuity and were perhaps more bloodthirsty then even orcs were. After a single heartbeat the general would feel his right arm burn hot before it burst into flame and fell into ash leaving the rest of his body unharmed and even the wound that should have been left was healed perfectly, though the pain was still very much there “on the other hand a pile of ashes is not hard to clean up... or 4...” she scanned the other generals with a look of seriousness, clearly if she felt the urge she had no problems killing them, and she was their next ruler
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:09 am

The one-eyed general reflexively put a hand to his eye. The ugly scar had been given by a blessed weapon of some kind, one that he hadn’t seen coming. He muttered something about human treachery before Artimisa spoke.

The red skinned man first gasped in pain, then screamed. He staggered and fell as his body went into a kind of shock. The other generals immediately snapped to attention. Discipline had been restored.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:31 am

Typhon sighed and spoke “well with that settled we will set up defensive arrangements in these locations” he pointed at the table where a map of the territory the Chimer kingdom controlled, there was still lots of monster and demon territory that was left out of this one and only demon kingdom (though if the humans had their say all demon lands belonged to the Chimer) but between the Chimer and the human kingdoms existed only the territories of monsters with low intelligence that acted on instinct, the spots Typhon pointed out were sensible defensive locations to give plenty of forewarning of human attack

Artimisa looked at the spots her father pointed and put a hand to her chin in thought “I’ll get to work with preparations of my own father” she smiled and turned to leave though looked back at the generals and gave in the most condescending tone she could “good evening to you all, work hard” with that she left

———————

Months would pass, now it was mid winter and the forest where Derek was still currently training was covered in a blanket of snow and Ava would be sitting on the ground, a section of ground just slightly bigger then her had no snow to it, though she looked at her son who was fighting two treants, both were far more powerful then the one from before, Ava had taught her son to manipulate his mana around his body subconsciously and also to manipulate it in such a way he could wrap it around his weapon, he still was undergoing physical training too but it’s not like that part of his training was going to end “staying warm enough my son?” She asked tauntingly, the snow was incredibly cold and Ava did not allow the making of a fire or anything instead having told her son that he would have to manipulate his own flame element that he inherited from her to produce the heat he needed for himself in this cold winter
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:20 pm

Derek found himself having to juggle two effects...keeping up the field around his weapon to keep it effective and insulating himself from the bone-freezing cold. Finding a good balance was difficult, and he found himself having to trade effectiveness off and on with protection. Two powerful treants were very difficult to hold off, so he usually would have to lure one into the path of the other to give himself an opportunity to go on the attack.

When he did attack, he went all out on the offense and struck blows that he never would have believed possible for himself. Wood cracked and limbs splintered apart as he did his best to de-limb his attackers.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:46 pm

The treants were stronger then Derek’s starting partner but it’s not like they were so far above Derek himself he couldn’t handle it with difficulty, his strike would cause serious damage but only took one limb off from the treant in the front, everytime Derek had tried to trip them up by drawing one in front of the other the pair altered their actions appropriately just like two experienced comrades that could read the others actions perfectly.

Ava would soon raise a hand causing the treants to stop “time for food Derek” she said softly holding out a wooden bowl filled with a type of meat soup, despite the fact Ava never left she always seemed to produce food or other things they might need on demand to a degree, though she stated that’s because she maxed a duplicate of herself that remained at their home “getting the hang of manipulating your mana to suit your immediate need?”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:35 am

Derek stopped, breathing hard and feeling like his arms might fall off.

"I've had to juggle cold resistance versus attack," Derek said, gasping for air. "Not...strong enough...to keep it up at the same...time."

He dropped down next to his mother, feeling like his sweat might freeze on him. He grabbed the meal with a bow of his head and began shoveling it into his mouth. He was too tired to use the utensils. He was sure he wouldn't be able to hold them.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:47 pm

Ava seeing her son start to try and eat the soup without utensils smacked him on the head using her magic to keep the meal from spilling “eat proper” she said pointing at the wooden spoon in the bowl

Once he started eating right she nodded and looked at his staff which looked far more worn and used then it did before “when you started your lessons on controlling your mana flow and changing its properties to suit your needs you couldn’t do either one properly dear, but now you can do both at the same time even if you have to sacrifice much of one to use the other, you’ve taken to this lesson far faster then your father took to any of his lessons, that alone you should find confidence in” she frowned and turned looking at the sky as if looking at something far out of sight “war has begun with the Chimer kingdom... I only hope those kings understand the considerable risks they have thrown their kingdoms into....”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:58 pm

Derek had to flex his fingers for a little while before he could use the utensils.

"One king making a stupid mistake I'll buy," Derek said. "But four? They must have something that makes them think they can win. Or they're really, really desperate. I don't really care as long as they don't end up here."

His words lacked conviction, though. His training had given him perspective. He didn't want war...people died in war in abhorrent numbers. Destruction at unacceptable levels.

"Stupid," he muttered.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:54 am

Ava frowned “it is still a worrying matter” but she didn’t continue, once Derek finished eating she let him rest longer before getting back to training.

——————————

Far away Artimisa would be standing on a hill giving an annoyed look towards a town a distance away, to her back was a thick forest, hidden within that was an army of 200 orcs and 500 goblins, it was a small force assigned to Artimisa however it was expected that none of them would truly get to fight in the upcoming massacre “really, the town is so lightly guarded despite how pivotal it is towards their armies supply lines” she commented and looked around trying to think of the best way to show off the terror that was her magical strength “hmm, using that spell sounds good, but it’s not flashy enough....” she mumbled to herself looking at Saurfang “are the items I ordered you to have your men put down?”

(Sorry I was silent for so long, it’s been a very hectic and busy time in real life but I’m back now)
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:09 pm

"Of course," the big orc said. '"There were a few causalities in the process but nothing significant. I'm smelling a trap. They have to know that this place is vulnerable and how important it is. It doesn't make sense. If we're going to hit it, we should just go in, burn the place to the ground and get back out. A few heads left on poles should send the message. 'Flashiness' is for fools."

The big orc had added a couple of new scars to his body as a result of previous skirmishes...not necessarily in battle with humans. Examples had had to be set to keep his troops in line.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:47 pm

Artimisa blinked glancing back towards the forest, but then quickly ignored it, she had reproduced a magic version of gunpowder that was far more controllable, and with the right conditions far more dangerous even when left out of a container “is that so? Well no matter... time” with that she froze time and simply walked over grabbing the cart of bags containing the powder, transporting it by hand was the more dangerous approach by far, but in this case also allowed her to still use powerful magic as she lead the cart to the town and began spreading the powder all around while time was frozen.

When time finally resumed Artimisa had returned however Tiamat was now out from the shadow pocket dimension the hydragon stayed in and Artimisa sitting atop Tiamat’s center head “climb on Saurfang, if I want to set a proper example I need to show my face to these foolish humans, and father told me not to go off with only me and Tiamat”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:55 am

The orc general grunted and climbed aboard Tiamat, sitting behind the center neck.

Tiamat didn’t seem to care much for him doing that. One of her heads snapped at the air behind him as he hauled himself up. She belonged to Artimisa, no one else. The only reason she didn’t actually eat him was because her mistress hadn’t allowed it.

Saurfang growled a warning at Tiamat as he settled in. Tiamat sniffed derisively and followed Artimisa’s instructions.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:14 pm

Artimisa sighed “Tiamat stop it” she said with a hint of annoyance before casting a spell that cloaked Tiamat, herself, and Saurfang, for her plan to work fully in her favor she couldn’t let Tiamat be seen immediately, but at the same time it would be a foolish choice to have left Tiamat in her shadow while putting herself in such a risky position, the shadow gate wasn’t one Artimisa could open without even thinking to open it after all. However she had Tiamat walk towards the south gate of the city, then stop just off the edge of the road, she was aware there was a line of merchants waiting at the gate to be allowed in giving a perfect audience to her feet, and had given Saurfang a crystal to record her actions so that the demons of the kingdom could see her might (since the Gunpowder she produced was an extremely closely guarded secret weapon, even the orcs and goblins did not know its purpose besides being a key weapon of Artimisa’s)

”The veil should hold of you stay here Tiamat, if you sense danger approach me from something besides those snacks here in front of us please act to defend me ok?” she spoke to Tiamat through their mental link as she hopped down motioning for Saurfang to dismount aswell and eyeing the line of humans, 12 merchants with eight horse drawn carriages and the rest on foot, the races of the merchants a mix of elves, humans, and dwarves. The guards at the gate had four posted, a rather normal amount but not enough to consider the gate heavily guarded, two humans, one male one female, a male dwarf, and a female elf, they all wore armor but the elf woman was the only one wearing leather armor rather then the metal armor of the others, and Artimisa whispered so only Saurfang heard her “do not worry about protecting me... Tiamat will handle that, simply use that crystal the way I showed you to record me”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:02 am

“Just be careful,” the orc grunted as he slid off Tiamat.

Tiamat sniffed derisively again and pointedly ignored the orc general. Instead she pawed the ground, eager to get started.

Saurfang lifted the gem and spoke the command words to activate its magic, standing at s safe distance with the hydragon between him and the guards.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

PreviousNext

Return to Private Roleplay