[Owah Chronicles: The Fallen Lands] (Sakura/Hotline/Darian)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Re: [Owah Chronicles: The Fallen Lands] (Sakura/Hotline/Dari

Postby calldahotline » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:23 pm

Zaessa had to shift position while diving through the hatch and roll her landing to avoid crushing either of her fellows. Slowly getting up, she had to stare in awe at all the room and all the tools, machines, and materials on display. Where Orga was simply dumbfounded Zaessa was drooling inside her helmet. She could barely hold herself back from going and trying to eat half the things in the room then and there. It took her a moment to even register Orga's question, and she didn't have much of an answer. "Uh.... advanced." was all she had to offer, at least until she sunk her teeth into something around here. However the giant metal figure in front of them would likely object to that: forcefully. The forge dragoness would return the bow once she got back on her feet. "I am Zaessa, and thanks for the save back there." Despite the frantic hammering on the hatch above, the resonating sound told her it was thick enough that the irate queen would not be getting through.
calldahotline
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Darian » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:44 pm

(huh... I thought the dome appeared around the party. not that they had to run to it. sorry! Also, suddenly sci-fi? Odd thing I didn't expect to see!)

Kalira staggered through the door hot on the heels of her friends, glancing behind her as the door slammed shut, cutting off the spearhead.

"Far, far too close..." She mutters, shaking her head. She then looks around the most advanced... and alien forge she has ever seen. The witch doctor shivers a bit, as the cold, strange metal presses on her senses.

The strange creature bowed to them, but Kalira couldn't help but feel a bit wary of it... her gut twisted just a bit more, but...

(Wisdom Roll: 12) (Failure)

She thought nothing of it... clearly this situation and the environment was making her uncomfortable. But, the witch doctor decided to be polite... this one may help them. the dark woman bowed as well.

"Greetings Zalleila. I am Kalira, a spirit healer and witch doctor from far away lands. I admit, I did not expect to find a friendly face in this hive.
Back! Sorry about the long absence!
Darian
???

Postby SakuraHanaryuu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:49 pm

*Orga merely stood back and marveled at these shapes and lights she couldn't hope to understand, at least not in any meaningful way. Some of the devices she recognized as weaponry, a few spears, and a nice sword on a rack on the wall, others she couldn't begin to explain the purpose of*, "My name is Orga..." *the noble worm searched her brain for anything to say before asking*, "Do you practice swordplay? Zaleila...."

*In response the construct chuckled with a mechanical "whurr" in the undertones of her laughter*, "Yes I do, to an extent, well, I used to. Nowadays I spend my time just honing the blade, just in case my disturbingly ambitious daughter actually breeches my workshop." *the construct summoned several smaller flying formats, the kind that struck Zaranna, and used it to pick up the piece of the lance the vault door sheered off* "Time is short so I'll keep this brief, I am the former queen of this hive, and my daughter is a maniacal tyrant who usurped and devoured my true body. As a master golemancer though, I was able to transfer my soul into this skysteel golem and have guarded my workshop since then. My insane daughter must not be allowed to possess access to this workshop, for if she acquires more power, she will only seek to use it upon others to further her own self interest."
A Fat Drgn is a Happy Drgn!
Be sure to check out my Youtube channel Capn Punkin!: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe_sg1 ... sdkWCVXiNg
SakuraHanaryuu
---

Postby calldahotline » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:00 pm

This solved the hangup in her mind. Now they could just whack miss high and mighty and someone else could take over. "Alright, we just kill her, you step in like before, and things get back to normal around here. Simple enough." Furious pounding on the ceiling reminded them that simple in this case would not mean easy. "I'd hoped my little stunt would have gotten her, she probably won't fall for something like that again... unless she is really stupid, but with how she runs the place that could be. Gonna need something big and nasty to deal with her. I've got some nitra on hand to make a decent bomb, but with all the other bees around... Speaking of which."

Zaessa opened up her helmet and horked up the soggy Bazzy into her armored claws. While she had been sent to her forge stomach and not her digestive one, it would have been an unpleasant trip without the fire protection spell in place. Thankfully she hadn't been trying to make armor for her. "There. I needed to make sure to grab you before anything else did. My innards might not be pleasant but at least you got out of them."
calldahotline
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Darian » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:54 pm

Kalira winced as Zaessa casually mentions deposing the queen.

"While I hold no love to for Zerranna the banded queen, such... successions are complicated," the witch doctor shakes her head as she looks over the newly regurgitated Bazzy, keeping her comfortable.
"The amazons have a council of elders that ensures easy transitions, but many of the kings outside our lands have violent wars over rulership. Unless the old queen is sure to take power quickly, the hive may dissolve into chaos... and that may be worse than their current queen."

Bazzy shivers and huddles against Zaessa and Kalira.

"Q-queen is cooking us... mommy is cooking us with fire for food! Why?" The bee seems terribly distraught at the realization. "Th-thought those rumors were lies.... Queen is supposed to love us! Even if she eats us, she's supposed to take us back whole..."
All four of her arms hug her buzzy body.

(Will Save:19) Success! Kalira seems to push forward.)

Kalira takes a deep breath and looks up at Zalleila.
"Will you take up the throne again, Lady Zalleila?" She asks in a firm voice.
Darian
???

Postby SakuraHanaryuu » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:02 am

*Zaleila's glowing metal eye fell upon Kalira, and she simply said*, "No"

*Orga's arms sank a bit hearing this before asking*, "Why not? You must be a better candidate?"

"Did you not hear me the first time?" *Zaleila questioned*, "My daughter devoured my flesh and blood body, the one equipped to lead this hive, a Krakajin queen uses pheromones to command the loyalty of her people, without them the people do not know who is in charge...but my 'stupid' daughter is a poor heiress, clearly I failed in raising her and am still paying the toll for my neglect."

*Orga blinked*, "Oh...I see...are you to fight with us then?"
-
"How can I?" *Zaleila spoke with a deep lamentation beneath the mechanical whirr in her voice*, "this hive is my family, how can I kill my own children?"

*Orga looked at Zaleila with a knowing pain in her eyes*, "Yes...I understand that..." *Orga placed her claw on her big white belly.*
-

"If it would not be too much to ask, would you destroy this place?" *Zaleila asked* "It holds my lifes work, but as it stands my daughter will claim and pervert my work, I cannot bring myself to kill her, nor can I bring myself to harm my own creations...I would ask that you destroy me first, so I do not have to suffer witnessing my works downfall."
Be sure to check out my Youtube channel Capn Punkin!: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe_sg1 ... sdkWCVXiNg
SakuraHanaryuu
---

Postby calldahotline » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:37 am

Zaessa stared at the former-queen, many emotions running around her head with every sentence out of that metalic mouth. None of them were readable through her helmet though. The one that won in the end was shock at the last statement. "Destroy all this? How could I?" She waved her arms at all the technological wonders in the room. Zaleila might guess that the dragon was a student of machinery judging by her armor. Just one thing lying around was probably enough to throw her knowledge of engineering forward by years. Belatedly she remembered some of the benefits of having a goddess hanging off her gut, maybe Torarie would help her get this all down and stashed for later study.

A series of slower, heavier thuds on the dome brought her mind to more immediate concerns."I hope you have a back-way out of here. Maybe we can still pull something through though. Kalira, you are probably the closest thing to an expert on this, do you think making a fake pheromone would let Zaleila here take back over? If we have to pull something out of miss high and mighty or strap her down and drain it, that works too."
calldahotline
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Darian » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:36 pm

"... it might work." Kalira says at last. "If we had even the smallest amount of Zaleila's body, I could be sure of it. But if the daughter has truly devoured all of the former queen, we would indeed need the daughter's body to have a chance of that working. And we would need to keep Zarrana alive during this process... if she releases death pheremones before we have legitmate successor, the damage to the hive will be irreversible."

The witch doctor hesitates a moment longer.

"... there is one other option though. One with slightly less risk to the hive." Kalira gently strokes the trembling Bazzy's head. "Good Bazzy... has either queen laid any other eggs? Are there any other true Daughters of the Hive?
Darian
???

Postby SakuraHanaryuu » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:03 pm

*Orga technically being a hive queen of sorts, quickly realized the train of thought*, "You want to force her to bare an heiress?"

*Zaleila objected to this*, "Zeranna will not approach like before, she is a coward, she was fueled by desperation that last time, and likely boredom but now she knows she is out of time and will likely take drastic measures to penetrate my laboratory, it is also unlikely that she will expose herself before exhausting all of her resources...in short she will only approach after we are all dead and all of my traps have been tripped."

*Orga responded*, "Yeah, I know a few people who would do the same thing, she's like a kid given a net that thinks their invincible because they catch so many fish with it, they don't realize something else drove the fish to their net, probably their parents spears. Or their pet blushark."

*There was no longer shouting from the other side of the wall, only the banging, seems the queens mother knew her daughter well.* "Regardless we need to take Zeranna out of the game, the trouble is going to be finding her, you all saw what this hive is like, its a maze and thats not even accounting for the area outside, she could be hidden anywhere out there."
SakuraHanaryuu
---

Postby calldahotline » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:25 pm

Zaessa ran a hand along the top of her helmet, the sound of metal against metal filling the space between thumps from above. "I am all for offing her, I'd parade the body around myself if it wouldn't flatten me..." ['Maybe just the head'] she thought to herself before continuing. "But we kill her and nobody is in place to step up, the bee populace is done for. Seen it before." One of her first instances of daring do-goodery involved a one-dragon attack on a tyrannical local lord, a hasty escape by flying inn, and a town that no longer exists.... and those had been regular humans, not a beehive. "Gah.... no pheromones, no ruler. No ruler, no hive. You sure you don't have anything you could do if we beat her down for you?" asked the dragon, looking up at the larger metal figure. If she had nothing, Zaessa would turn to Orga. "Well, you're the closest thing we have to an expert about sudden disruptions in insect society leadership, any ideas?"
calldahotline
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Darian » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:13 pm

"Forcing the queen to bear an heir would be..." Kalira shuddered. "Horrible. Unless Zaleila is willing to try and raise the child again, we cannot do such a horrible thing as to force a mother to bear a child only to kill her. It would be blaphsemy. Herquet would sooner have this hive destroyed than tolerate such a thing."

"... I was rather hoping there was a way to take an egg and make it a queen... especially if we can find any of your old eggs Zaleila... if you have one hidden, we may be able to make them a legitimate successor. If you do not have one though... we will have to steal an egg from Zeranna. Along with whatever else we need from the hive. All while the hive hunts us."

The banging on the walls continues... but without the strength of the Queen to force their hand, the hive is kept well at bay.

"I do not think capturing the queen will be at all easy, either..." Kalira murmurs softly. "But... i am able to call on a better nose than mine. But... Zaleila... you did not answer my question."

She steps forward and faces the metal being.

"Is there ANYTHING of your old body left, or do you know if all your eggs were destroyed? I must know, before we are to try and make a new queen at all. We cannot fight the entire hive. Not on our own."
Darian
???

Previous

Return to Private Roleplay