Dragon Princess (Darian and PHedgehog)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Dragon Princess (Darian and PHedgehog)

Postby Darian » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:58 pm

The Dragoness had plagued the kingdom for at least a few years now. Crops had been burned, herds and flocks devoured, gold stolen... the throne had not been handling it well. The soldiers couldn't find her fast enough, though the could drive her off if they managed to corner her.

It didn't give the people their farms back, or helped them feel safe again. Especially when the king started ignoring cries for aid from serfs who were too far away.

The princess did that. She journeyed around the kingdom during this troubled time, learning the peoples troubles and raising their spirits. Many people were happy to see her, even if it was for the group of suitors and knights attempting to court her by appearing to support her philanthropic views and actions. The princess wasn't eager to marry, though...

then, the dragoness swooped in and kidnapped the princess from among her guards.

Tragedy and horror! But for all the knights that rushed off to challenge the dragon in it's lair (never a good idea, if very brave) none had succeeded. Even when the king offered the princess's hand in marriage and half his kingdom (the traditional reward), none thought fighting the dragon singlehandedly was a good idea, especially in it's home territory with it's hoard to guard.

That was why this particular knight was sneaking into the dragon's cave at night. Dressed in comfortable leather armor, with a good shield and a sword, and notably a bow and arrows.

Nettie wasn't actually a knight, though she had often play acted one when she was a child. She was a farmers daughter, one of many, who lived happily, though simply.

The time the princess visited her farm was the brightest time in her memory. She'd been kind, interested in several ordinary things, and intelligent enough to talk about farm minutia. She'd even played 'princess' for the other children to rescue.

The princess had even confided slightly that she wasn't sure she was really helping with these visits, but didn't want to marry any suitor that would take the crown and ignore the people like her father had, just because it was easier.

The princess was the only kind noble in the kingdom, who was kind to Nettie and her simple family. Perhaps Nettie felt something more for the princess... or perhaps she was just foolish.

Either way, she wasn't going to fight the dragon. She might have had some skill, but Nettie didn't have any illusions about her ability to actually beat the dragon... though she would try if she had to. Right now, Nettie was hoping to find the princess and sneak her out of the cave. She didn't care about the kingdom or the gold.

Nettie was a pretty fit girl for a peasant. Five foot, curvy and strong, she'd have been an excellent wife, not afraid to fight or work hard... but there was nothing she could think of besides helping the princess.
Back! Sorry about the long absence!
Darian
???

Re: Dragon Princess (Darian and PHedgehog)

Postby PHedgehog » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:06 pm

The cave would be eerily quiet and dark, with no real signs of life, but then again both the dragon and the princess could be asleep deep inside the cave as dragon caves are known to be almost like a maze, to guard whatever valuables the dragon might have collected over it's life time.

As Nettie walks into the cave, the environment would start to slowly grow colder the farther she goes into it, as if the cave is trying to deter the bold girl from going any farther.
PHedgehog
Participator

Postby Darian » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:42 pm

Nettie moves as quietly as she can... she's heard the dragon was seen flying over the opposite side of the kingdom in the last few days, but that's no guarantee with a flying dragoness. She might have only hours before the dragon comes back, and Nettie has to find the princes and get her out.

Nettie is about five feet, five inches, with slightly tanned skin: she's spent a long time outside, and in the field. Her hair is brown and usually flowing about a two feet in the wind. She's cut it short for the leather helmet she's wearing. The armor she's wearing is meant for a man, ill fitting against her chest... but it is flame resistant. it also shows off her hips a bit, as her chest isn't bad, but her legs have always been her strongest point.

Still, she's been sneaking around the fields and woods since she was a child, did a bit of hunting for her family when she had to. She thought she was a good shot...

Nettie had heard many conflicting stories about the dragon. Some said it was a firey lizard of scales and teeth. Others said it was shaped like a beautiful woman, with horns and wings, and enormous... parts such as a giantess. Sometimes the stories overlapped. She hadn't ever seen the dragon, but the fear had spread throughout the kingdom.

The caves weren't helping. Wasn't a dragons cave supposed to be warm? She didn't want to light a candle, but if she wanted to explore...

gingerly, she pulled out a very good flint and tinder, with a small candle.

*Tap* *Tap* *Tap*

A pinprick of light illuminated the dark cave. it more added accent to the shadows, but Nettie couldn't help but wince at the sound she made, soft as it was.

Still, she'd made it into the caves without being flash fried. So far... so good...
Darian
???

Postby PHedgehog » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:22 pm

The cave would seem to lead deep into the mountain, as if the dragon was trying to discourage people from exploring and finding it's treasures.

The light flickers as she walks through the cave, there would be a few claw marks along the floor leading toward a much deeper part of the cave.

Soon the cave would open into a large area where there would be a bit of a horde of treasure piled against the far wall, and a seeming familiar object sitting on a pedestal in the middle of the pile.

(Sorry for the delay, was a bit busy)
PHedgehog
Participator

Postby Darian » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:28 pm

(no problem, I get that life happens.)

Following the claw marks easy, but not fun. Nettie gulped as she saw the size of some of them, and was not encouraged... every moment she spent looking for signs of the princess, but all she saw was the dragon...

Still, ordinarily Nettie would have turned around when she saw the treasure: she wasn't here for the gold.

But the tiny light made it impossible to recognize what had caught her eye. and she still hadn't seen any human footprints... So... she crept closer to the treasure. Nettie hoped it wasn't something gruesome...

She stopped at the very edge of the treasure, her tiny candle glinting off the gold.
Very pointedly, she did not touch it. lighting the candle was more noise than she wanted to make already, the clinking of gold would surely bring the dragon running.

'... I thought the dragon had taken much more than this... it looks like a lot of it has been moved... how strange...' Nettie thought to herself, and then peered at the pedestal in the center.

What was there?
Darian
???

Postby PHedgehog » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:19 am

On the pedestal sat the princess's crown. Yet there was still no sign of the princess or the dragon other than the claw marks and the crown.

The cave would still be very quiet as Nettie looked around.

(Sorry for the delay)
PHedgehog
Participator

Postby Darian » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:34 pm

(no Prob, I get it. Life happens.)

Nettie's fists clenched as she saw the crown. It was only expected that the dragon would take the gold from the princess... but she had hoped that the dragon had thought the princess valuable. But Nettie couldn't leave yet, or give up hope.

Gingerly, she stepped forward, and picked up the crown and examined the jewels and engravings on it. It was probably worth more than her entire farm, her entire town.

Nettie frowned and set the crown back on the pedestal. She didn't care about the princesses crown, or her riches... only the princess. Maybe she was in another place...

The crown settled back down on the plinth with a clink.
Darian
???

Postby PHedgehog » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:14 pm

The clink would echo through the cave, and shortly after there would be a soft snort farther back in the cave.

"Sounds like someone has wondered into my cave."
PHedgehog
Participator

Postby Darian » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:36 pm

Nettie winced as the clink of the crown echoed through the cave, then froze as she heart the snort and the terrible voice deeper in the cave.

She was busted and she knew it, but Nettie forced herself to remain calm.

"Not wandered. I came here quite purposefully, that I did."

Gingerly, she places the candle on the ground and begins backing away from it. Nettie draws her bow and tries to get a bead on where the voice is coming from. She daren't put it out, but if she does, she'll be stone blind.

Nettie knows she'll only have one shot, but if she hits an eye...

"Ye took something that didn't belong teh yeh." Nettie forces herself to remain calm and keep talking. "Wanted to get a look at it, that I did, see if the stories about yer treasure were true. Heard yeh were last seen flying over the mountains... sounded like you were leaving the kingdom."

Dragons love to talk, Nettie knows this. the girl is banking on arrogance giving her a shot in the dark. If the Dragon's eyes glow...
Darian
???

Postby PHedgehog » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:27 am

The voice would echo through the cave a bit making it hard to know where it was coming from.

The dragon snorts a bit. "Either way, you've invaded my home. What is that you're looking for anyway? Has to be important for a farmer girl to come in here."
PHedgehog
Participator

Postby Darian » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:44 am

Inwardly, she cursed her accent and rough speech. But she supposed it wasn't a bad thing that the dragon knew she was a farm girl... anything that made the dragon slightly less likely to charge and simply kill her in the dark.

"... it's... a special thing. The most precious thing I've seen. I'm sure ye can guess what it is... if'n ye want to try the guessing game that is. I'll even give ye three questions before ye guess."

(I can drop the accent if you like.)

Nettie peered desperately into the darkness, hoping to see some movement as the dragon's voice echoed around her. She's only playing for time now, be her aim has to be good... she can see the entrance to the tunnel, so she'll at least have somewhere to bolt.

"Three questions, that's the game, right?"

'Come on ye damned lizard, show yourself!'
Darian
???

Postby PHedgehog » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:23 am

(The accent is is ok)

The dragon falls quiet, not moving. "Alright, I guess we could 'play' this guessing game of your's. Is what you're after a living being?"
PHedgehog
Participator

Postby Darian » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:17 am

Nettie flinched. This game was not going to be long.

"Aye. It is alive, or was, last I knew."

She draws back on the bowstring, taking a deep breath to keep calm. Nettie's eyes flick about the room. listening for any sound of movement. Surely such a large creature must be noisy!
Darian
???

Postby PHedgehog » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:45 am

The dragon would be surprisingly quiet.

"Alright, was it a person? Perhaps someone you knew?"
PHedgehog
Participator

Postby Darian » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:04 am

"..."

Nettie is uncertain now... the dragon is being far less... taunting than she thought she would be. Wouldn't a cruel creature want to tease it's prey?

But... what choice does she have but to answer properly?

"Aye, she was someone I knew. Not well... but well enough I suppose."
Darian
???

Postby PHedgehog » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:09 am

The dragon would think over it's next question.

"Ok, perhaps she has visited you and made your life much happier before she disappeared?"
PHedgehog
Participator

Postby Darian » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:18 am

(Okay, I actually probably should go to sleep now. its three am for me, sadly.)

Nettie grits her teeth with a scowl, and the wood of her bow creaks slightly as she squeezes. Why is the dragon playing around the question? Why is it acting dumb, if it knows what she's here for?! The dragon hadn't kidnapped anyone else... just devoured them, if they got in her way.

"Aye! She did visit me! Me and my family, and it were the best day we'd had in a long time! She was the kindest person I'd ever met, kind even when all around her was little hope!"

Nettie is ranting now, her eyes flashing in the dark.

"She even played princess for me younger siblings, with a smile, after she'd told of the pain that damn crown brought her fate! So tell me where the princess is, dragon, and pray she be whole and safe, or I swear I'll see ye dead!"
Darian
???

Postby PHedgehog » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:31 am

(Alright)

"You can relax Nettie, the princess is still alive and well, so you can put your bow away."
Last edited by PHedgehog on Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
PHedgehog
Participator

Postby Darian » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:42 pm

"I'll believe that when I see her, dragon!" Nettie growls out, most pointedly, she does NOT put her bow away. "And why are ye hiding away in the shadows? I thought dragons were proud, not shy! Are ye too frightened I may prick your eyes out?"

Truth be told, Nettie planned on shooting the instant she got a bead on the dragon... it's not like she had reason to trust the creature.

It was foolish to force a fight with a dragon in it's own cave... but this entire venture had been foolish.
Darian
???

Postby PHedgehog » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:47 pm

The dragon would remain quiet, but then it would start singing softly a song that only the princess and Nettie would know, and if Nettie was paying attention she would notice that the dragon's voice would be a bit more female like as it sung.
Last edited by PHedgehog on Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
PHedgehog
Participator

Next

Return to Private Roleplay