To Glory and Vorgy (Darian and Relius)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Re: To Glory and Vorgy (Darian and Relius)

Postby Darian » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:47 pm

The Amazon relaxes slightly as she sees her brother come back to himself...

"Ey, it's not like I haven't helped you before... besides, I need you to help me out too! Who else is gonna keep me from slurping up Raelin's cute butt?" Asha teases the boy slightly.

When Qotle stands up, she realizes that her brother wants to get moving... possibly to keep his heart focused on something else.

"Yeah, no need to keep the good Captain waiting." She stretches and picks up her mace. She winces a bit when she moves her side, but that good old amazonian constitution was doing it's thing.
"Hopefully she has a few good ideas..."
Back! Sorry about the long absence!
Darian
???

Postby reliuskaiser » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:04 pm

Qotle smiles as Asha can still find time to joke around about eating someone at a time like this. "Oi oi, keep talking like that and you might end up more fat than muscle. We couldn't have that now."

He cracks his neck and grabs his sword. He looks to the door. "Now that would be really nice. Let's go then. I wanna see what she has to say." He smirks, glad to finally be able to move.
And Thus the World knew color.

Now Seeking to Roleplay here:http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=38901
reliuskaiser
Heavy user

Postby Darian » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:31 am

"You know the only bulge she would make would be the little ones from her squirming inside me! I want that girl as a pet, not a meal!" Asha laughed happily as she went to the door.

Gwynne was waiting for them in the lobby of the in, and lead them back to the barracks. This time, she lead them not to the interrogation room, but to a simple looking office. Kiera is there, looking less angry, and only a little less tired than before. She's got a stack of papers in front of her, with a quill in her hand. The dark skinned woman sets it down as they approach.

"Take a seat." She guestures to the chairs in front of her. "I've been to the dungeon and I've talked to Pauline. She seems sane enough to me... gotta hope that sticks." Keira shivers slighlty. "I'm gonna have to make a whole chart to get people to see their lost women under guard... that's not gonna be fun. Good news is, neither of you are gonna get in any trouble for what happened in there, and as far as anyone is concerned, Gaston the 'Holy Hero' died a tragic death to wounds he received in battle, and his body was eaten when the blessing faded. Further investigation is NOT required, so don't go bringing it up anywhere." Kiera looks at both of them meaningfully.

"Holy Heroes live risky lives... and they're paragons of the Church of Illias. The last thing we need is Church Agents looking around for suspicious activity... especially if those girls are going to have a chance at coming home."
Darian
???

Postby reliuskaiser » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:52 pm

Qotle takes a moment to imagine Asha with a squirming belly. It excites him and he nods as they walk to meet with Keira. Upon meeting with the Knight captain, he takes a seat when instructed. As he listens, Qotle feels his mood get worse upon thinking Gaston, but he let it go knowing that he'd most likely never see that man again.

"I understand. Good to know nothing really bad came from this.." Qotle thought about Pauline and the other girls that have been changed. "I feel a part of her would like that very much.." He says rubbing his hair.

"So where do we go from here?" He asks Kiera.

reliuskaiser
Heavy user

Postby Darian » Mon May 17, 2021 1:40 pm

"We..." Keira looks over Qotle when he says that. It's clear she's judging him again, but this time she's much less hostile about it. "I suppose I'll get to see how serious you are about this."

The darkskinned woman puts her hands on the desk in front of her.

"'We' have got a two options for finding help on my girls. You either head into the City of Mainsborough and seek help from the best and brightest of humanity... or head in the opposite direction, and go to the Whispering Woods. Both are pretty dang dangerous, considering what you're going to be asking about." Kiera pulls out a map, and identifies the two locations. The Whispering Woods are actually a bit closer to their old village, and the city of Mainsborough is on the path they were considering walking before... all this.

"Mainsborough has the closest Academy of Magic, along with the Local royal family and the nearest Church of Illias Cathedral. You'll definetly find someone capable of understanding all that magic jumbo you brought out of that dungeon... finding someone you can trust is another matter, along with having to keep it secret from the Church. Their solution for our girl's ailment will be imprisonment, exile, or death."
She sighs heavily.
"But... as much as I don't like the politics there, I do have a few... aquaintices there. Also, since you're new to the City, nobody will think you're part of the plotting that goes on there if you keep your head down. You both are human enough to pass without notice."

She takes a moment to sip from a mug of what probably isn't water.
Darian
???

Postby reliuskaiser » Wed May 26, 2021 6:33 am

Qotle listens to Kiera, not really liking the idea of having to confide in people he doesn't know, but if I he has no choice, it's all a matter of not being an idiot of it. "Hmm..choices choices.." His expression sours when he thinks about the church, not having a high opinion of them from what knowledge he has on them.

"I don't plan on getting caught in any funny business. I just want to get these girl back to their families so i can focus on continuing my own journey..." Qotle grips his neck as he thinks about the women who were cursed, wondering who would do something like that.

"The Whispering Woods is a place we could investigate...just to see what's there." He says, wondering if something dangerous to the village lies there. Given his quest is about protecting his home, it would be good to have some idea of all the dangers lurking around him in case an incident arises.

reliuskaiser
Heavy user

Postby Darian » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:54 pm

"Sorry if twenty girls getting kidnapped and turned into monsters puts you in such an inconvienent spot." Keira says in a flat, dangerous tone as her eyes narrow.

Asha's hand smacks into the back of Qotle's head, cutting off his musings.

"Don't be a sift-worm, Brother." She chides firmly (Look up Acorn worms for a better idea of why that's an insult). "These are her people, and we promised to help. If something this terrible had happened to anyone in our village... hell anyone AROUND our village, we're supposed to help them! We're representing all our people out here, remember? We're not going to stand by while someone needs help. and besides... We only made it out of there because of those girls too, so we owe them BIG time." Asha winces at that... a proud amazon never likes being rescued by others, but should be honorable about the debt.

She turns back to Keira and bows her head respectfully.

"Sorry, it's just... we didn't really expect anything like this to happen on our... first trip outside the village." Asha struggles not to

"You mean you didn't expect your 'Glory Quest' to have such a messed up start?" Kiera says flatly, and uses the proper amazon word to BOTH their shocks. "I'd have to be a complete idiot not to recognize a young amazon when I see one, but I'm not interested in turning either of you in. It's one of the reasons I'm actually considering using you: a normal human would be all too eager to write off those girls and tell the church. You two should at least be able to look beyond the church's doctrine and still help... but you also don't know anything about the city, so you'd stand out. Not that the forest is much better."

She taps the map. "The Singing Woods are serious monster territory. Plant folk, insect folk, elves... travellers go missing there often. The place is full of things that'll trick you or poison you. I know you Amazons have a much easier relationship with monster girls, but the ones in the forest are dangerous and aren't all that big on rules. Sure, they might know where to find an exiled mage or monster magician that can decipher those notes... but they're way more likely to eat you."
Darian
???

Postby reliuskaiser » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:12 am

Qotle flinches somewhat when Asha smacks him, looking back to his sister before realizing how wrong what he said was. She was indeed right, but he also felt like they ignored the main part of what he said. He doesn't refute Kiera's agitated statements, but does take issue with her calling his journey a simple "Glory quest"..even if it basically was. "That's..."

But rather than speaking, he merely listened, not so much thinking of his own safety. He looks to Kiera again. "Seems to me like both choices are still rather risky. Only thing this asking me is do I want to risk falling to a monster, or a human? Both tough choices, but least in the case of the Singing Forest, there's a chance to retreat to familiar territory..but it comes with the risk of finding nothing..mmm.."

He scratches his head and asks "What would we have to do in Mainsborough?"

reliuskaiser
Heavy user

Postby Darian » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:37 pm

"You'll have to get in good with the royals and the mage's academy without drawing the attention of the Church of Illias." Kiera taps the city of Mainsborough. "Not easy, given that you're both a couple of country bumpkins. But thankfully, I have an in." She holds up a poster of a fancy arena with two humanoid figures on it, struggling.

"There's an adventurers tournament going on in the city right now. All comers accepted, even monsters, as long as you aren't working with the Monster Queens army. Do well there, and you'll prove yourself to the mages Academy, and the nobles... enough to get a REAL sponsor. Someone who can keep the church off your back in human lands."

Kiera then pushes couple sealed scrolls. "These are letters of reccomendation from me... deliver them to Charoc at the gate, and he'll get you into the city. He's a captain still... the only one I've got any pull with. He won't do you any favors, but he won't be bribed or hand you over to the church, either. Don't tell him about the Girls back in the dungeon... you'll have to be careful who you trust with that information. The most he'll know is that I trust you, and that you'll be looking for help he doesn't need to know about."

"Why do you have 'pull' with him?" Kiera asks, curious.

The dark skinned woman sighs heavily. "The city is a keg of snakes, and I stuck my head in the wrong mess. Charoc trained me and I worked well with him... when I got in over my head, he pulled some favors to get me demoted and re-assigned out here, instead of excecuted."
Darian
???

Postby reliuskaiser » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:08 am

"Knowing the circumstances, that doesn't assure confidence... But we're warriors, after all. A challenge like this is our calling.." Qotle looks over the scrolls before nodding to Kiera. He was resolved to not get into any trouble, if at all possible. But looking at it more clearly, that doesn't seem to be the case.

"I'll take these with thanks, we'll make our way to the city and check out this tournament. Might be a good place to stock back up on swords as well." He looks to his hip before looking to Asha and then to Kiera. "How long do we have for this arena event? Just to be on the safe side of things?"

reliuskaiser
Heavy user

Previous

Return to Private Roleplay