The Misadventures of Mercurial (Whitebrand and Redfield)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Re: The Misadventures of Mercurial (Whitebrand and Redfield)

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:51 am

"I think I might know who you're taking about," Brand said as he scooped up Mercurial's free arm in his own. "A widower. Nice guy. Sees good in everybody. Very lonely. Easy prey for her. I'm going to have to give him some protection...but first we get you out of here."

He started threading his way through the thickening crowd, obviously wanting to hurry but not cause a scene.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Redfield » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:56 am

Mercuriel nodded, that sounded about right she gave a small smile, everything was fine now that she was with Brand. The young woman looked about the crowd, it was quite full, she allowed a small giggle to escape her lips.

The young woman moved to give Rom's hand a squeeze, perhaps lighten her grip up a little, she was sure it might be hurting her now. Mercuriel grinned only to squeeze thin air, she was startled, not realising she'd let go of Rom and turned to make sure she was still around, only to realise, she couldn't see her.
Redfield
???

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:05 pm

Brand hadn't noticed yet. Mercurial could see that the younger man who had been smitten with her had somehow gotten hold of Rom's hand and was pulling her way.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Redfield » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:08 pm

Mercuriel spotted the man and narrowed her eyes watching as the smitten younger man pulled Rom into the crowd. She turned to Brand, pulling her hand away from him "I can't leave yet there's something I need to handle" she states "and please....Let me handle this....I need to keep my word." Her voice was calm, but she had a serious look upon her face.

"Besides, this looks like something I can handle no problem."
Redfield
???

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:09 pm

Brand looked like he wanted to intervene. Instead he stopped himself and gave Mercurial a tight nod.

"I have your back," he said, and let her go.

Whether Mercurial realized it or not, this was quite a step forward for the dragon. Up until now he had seemed to assume that protecting and caring for his girls meant handling everything himself. Letting Mercurial handle this instead was a good sign.

The younger man half-dragged Rom into a side hall. Rom was probably too frightened or too passive to resist very hard. Other people didn't seem to recognize Rom's distress. They appeared to just assume it was young people being young.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Redfield » Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:00 pm

Mercuriel nodded, turning on her heel and moving quickly through the crowd, she briefly wandered how she was going to deal with the man, but an idea came to her. She thought for a brief moment the succubus may have been involved but quickly dismissed that idea, realising this just seemed to be a young noble overstepping due to arrogance.

The young nineteen year old made a dissatisfied noise with her tongue, she came to the entrance to the side hall and peered inside. Apart from Rom and the young noble it was quite empty and Mercuriel figured the young man wanted some privacy. She smirked a little, creeping inside deciding to move as stealthily as possible, something which was easy to do as the young man didn't seem to notice her, too distracted by what he was doing.

Mercuriel noticed he was slowing down as he crossed the hall, she continued to move forward stealthily, keeping an eye on the two and prepared to intervene if he decided to take advantage of Rom's lack of resistance.
Redfield
???

Postby Whitebrand » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:49 am

"...haven't been able to stop thinking about you since we met," the youth was telling an uncomfortable-looking Rom. "Listen...I know you're a slave. But just stay the word and I'll buy your contract. I can free you. Give you a life you've never imagined."

Rom wasn't biting, but she looked like she didn't want to offend the younger noble either.

"But If...I wouldn't know what to do with freedom," she objected. "I have a very good master..."

"Give me a chance to prove myself to you," the smitten noble said.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Redfield » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:53 am

Mercuriel blinked slightly a look of surprise on her face as she listened to the noble. he seemed nice enough and she stifled a small laugh. Shaking her head a little she decided to wait, neither of them had noticed her yet. She decided to continue listening to the two of them, while she thought of a good plan, maybe she could tease the noble or go in stern. She wasn't sure so for now she waited and observed.
Redfield
???

Postby Whitebrand » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:09 am

Rom looked utterly flustered and clearly had no idea how to respond.

"I'm sorry," she stammered. "I don't want to cause any trouble..."

"I promise you it's not trouble," he insisted. "Let me get you away from all this. No more collar. No more slavery. You could take care of yourself..."

"My mistress..." Rom objected weakly. "You don't understand...I love..."

"I know they've brainwashed you," the youth assured her. "But everything well work out. I can take care of you...

"I'm already..."

"Not like I can," he interrupted. "I can take you away from that...overgrown half-ogre or whatever he is..."

"You don't understand..." Rom tried to say.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Redfield » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:14 am

'Well, he's certainly quite persistent, gotta give him that' Mercuriel thought a hint of amusement present, her lips curved into a smile. She knew it was time to act and moved forward, then paused she looked at Rom's clothes, there outfits were alike save for the colour she wandered if he'd take her seriously.

She shrugged it didn't matter either way, she was here to get Rom back "No I don't think he does understand" Mercuriel states out loud coming to a stop behind the young noble. The nineteen year old gave the slave-girl a quick smile, she put one hand on the man's shoulder, her other arm came to rest beneath her breasts pushing them up slightly. When she spoke she did so in a friendly almost flirty tone.

"Trying to snatch my cute little Rom?"
Redfield
???

Postby Whitebrand » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:42 am

The young man flushed red at being caught. For a moment his mouth hung open a he was struck speechless. Then he scowled, trying to look impressive.

"Maybe," he sputtered defensively. "I was just saying that...that I..."

She could practically see the wheels in his head malfunctioning. Finally he seemed to force this brain into some sort of order.

"I am Daiel McKinnon," he said as he drew himself up. "And I would like to buy Rom's contract. I won't take on for an answer."

He did his best to look determined but his youth kept getting in the way.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Redfield » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:53 am

'Ah, well that is to be expected he is a young man after all' Mercuriel thought to herself as she listened to the man, nodding her head along to his words, a smile upon her face. She decided to go for a more flirtatious approach, figuring that a young man like Daiel might be more malleable when dealing with a woman like her. Not that she had any intention of letting Rom go with this man, this was purely for her amusement, but he didn't need to know that.

"I see, a Mckinnon you say" when she speaks her voice becomes more flirtatious, she wandered briefly if someone like him might become interested in taking both girls, should seem like he could she did appear to be a servant of some kind and hormones tended to make men easier to manipulate. She moved closer, swaying her hips as she did so, her breasts seeming to bounce with each step she took.

"I don't believe I could bare to part with Rom" she says keeping her tone seductive, she took advantage of a nearby chair. Taking a seat and sitting in such a way that her slender legs were on full display to the young man.
Redfield
???

Postby Whitebrand » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:11 am

Once again Daiel looked a though he had lost them thread.

"Mistress Mercurial and I are inseparable," Rom added quickly. "I don't think you could afford us both."

Daiel looked wrong-footed again. He recovered quickly though.

"Then I shall challenge the man who holds your contracts," he said stoutly. "I shall defeat him and win your contracts from him!"

"Oh dear," Rom said, obviously imagining what might happen.

Daiel, of course, misunderstood her worry about this being maimed as being impressed with his challenge.

"I am a master swordsman," he boasted. "That...giant oaf will stand no chance against the likes of me!"

The comparison was ridiculous. Like imagining a toothpick standing up against a sledgehammer.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Redfield » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:24 am

Mercuriel maintained a smile, while she was willing to see the man be pummelled by Brand, this was something she wanted to resolve herself. The young nineteen year old allowed a small giggle to escape her lips, her eyes upon the young noble.

She pursed her lips in thought "is that so? Still I wouldn't want you to such trouble" she says gently, shifting her legs slightly, she looked to Rom "I'm not actually under contract with Brand or anyone at the moment." She informed the half-elf knowing Daiel would overhear.

"That doesn't mean I'd let you go Rom" she says giving the girl a smile before turning her attention back to Daiel, she wandered how she could tempt the man, make him think he could take them away. She wandered if he knew of any loopholes that would allow him to take Rom. She blinked a sly grin on her face, this could get him flustered, maybe even a little aroused she was sure of that.

"Now come here Rom, give me a kiss."
Redfield
???

Postby Whitebrand » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:42 am

Rom immediately kissed Mercurial with passion.

Poor Daiel looked like he'd blown a fuse. The quick adjustments he made to this trousers also suggested a more visceral reaction.

"She is my mistress," Rom explained. "And...I love her. You would not separate us would you?"

Rom hit him with her most adorable, innocent stare.

"I...would not stand in the way of another's love," he finally said, his shoulders slumping. "Alas, though my heart breaks, I am pleased that you have found love. It appears...I must carry on."

He stood up straight and bowed to Mercurial and Rom. Then he withdrew...alnost bumping into Brand's as he left.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Redfield » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:46 am

Mercuriel purred enjoying the kiss 'a shame, could have toyed with him more if he wanted both of us' She thought to herself a small satisfied look on her face and for a moment she wandered if he'd think of that and hope to get lucky with a third try. "I'm sorry I let you go" Mercuriel states turning to Rom "I should have been more careful" she bows her head apologising to the slave girl as she pushed herself to her feet.

She pulled Rom into a hug, holding her close, her head coming to rest on the half-elf's shoulder.
Redfield
???

Postby Whitebrand » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:50 pm

Rom hugged her back, resting her head on Mercurial's shoulder.

"It just happened so fast...and he's a noble And...I just didn't know what to do."

She sighed.

"I hope he's going to be okay."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Redfield » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:46 pm

"I'm sure he will be, Nobles have a way of bouncing back from these things" The young lady states a small laugh escaping her lips, she released Rom from the hug and stepped back. She looked around, the side hall they were in was empty and that was great for now.

She gave the half-elf a playful grin "In fact, I'm sure he's already decided what to do next so don't worry about it" She says leaning forward to give Rom's cheek a playful kiss. She then moves to loop her arm around Rom's and pull her close so the girl was pressed up against her side.
Redfield
???

Postby Whitebrand » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:20 am

Brand appeared at the doorway of the hall, grinning. Gayle was looking in curiously.

"Whatever you did," he said. "Well done. Let's go. The crowd is thinning out."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby Redfield » Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:23 am

Mercuriel nodded a gin on her face, she shook her head tolerably and pulled Rom along close to her as she moved out to join Brand and Gayle. "This really was an enjoyable show, minor missteps aside" she states giving a small nod "I'll definitely have to come and give the city a proper shot at exploration next time." She moves to walk with Brand, her head kept spinning to look at Rom, to make sure she was still there.
Redfield
???

PreviousNext

Return to Private Roleplay