A Devil’s Temptation(Whitebrand & Tigra9)

This board is for forum based Private roleplay. Participation of roleplay here should be arranged ahead of time

Moderator: penguintacolampshade

Re: A Devil’s Temptation(Whitebrand & Tigra9)

Postby tigra9 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:13 pm

Lois watched him as she floated in the air with her wings, besides some slight leans and tilts she didn’t seem to visibly move her body or wings to stay aloft, she had offered to hold his hands and support him until he could get a feel for it but he had refused her… pride if she had to guess, Mikleo was the same way when he was intent on learning something on his own.

After the 12th time he crash landed Lois sighed and landed in front of him “with demonic power we can keep ourselves aloft with our devil wings easily but since you have such a low amount that’s not an option, but you can still float and fly by moving them” she held her hand out “so ready to let me help you get a feel for it? Or you gonna continue being stubborn and waste what time we have left? Just so your aware Mikleo took the longest of us to learn to fly… all because he stubbornly refused lena-buchou’s help” she sweatdropped “I think that was the first time I saw her peeved because he smacked her hand away”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:28 am

Stephen reached out and took Lois's hand.

The startling connection that seemed to forge itself between them caught him off guard.

You have good fortune and good taste, boy, the gear in him thought. Shall I make this one your first for you then?

Stephen suddenly seemed to understand what he was doing wrong. Instead of forcing his power to take him into the air, he had to sort of let himself let his own chi flow with it. He had been overthinking it...it was really so easy...

Lois would find herself blushing as she touched his hand. As if she were a heady schoolgirl.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:57 am

(Thought I was playing the being in Stephen’s sacred gear, also no matter how powerful the being sealed in a sacred gear can’t do anything their owner doesn’t do willingly, that said I actually thought of a way this works out so I’ll have a part for the dragon to explain it below)

Lois took to the air once he accepted her hands and calmly used her power to support him as they leisurely floated in the air… until she felt the strange sensation and felt herself start blushing, but rather then acting positively towards it she yanked her hands away giving his hand a death stare as though she were trying to burn it with her eyes! “I don’t know how you caused that through your owner… but I despise people playing with my emotions!!” She felt offended, though certainly most girls might have let themselves fall into that magical trap for Lois who actually hated men the effect lead to the opposite result, not that Stephen or his sacred gear knew about her hate for men.

Inside the sacred gear deep beneath where Stephen’s consciousness could yet reach a deep voice rumbled “why are you acting up Bayleth? Channeling a spell through me into the sacred gear… you may be merely a fragment of my old possessor but your one of the few to retain your ego considering you were not consumed by Juggernaut Drive…” the owner of the voice, a large white dragon with shining blue eyes stared at the hooded male figure before him but he would shift one of his crossed front legs slamming it down on the white formless floor of the blank space “return to the depths until the time is right” with that the figure was forcibly made to vanish… after a moments pause the dragon looked up “he has not yet truly awakened it… the boosted gear” the dragon grinned, he had intentionally let only his last words leak into Stephen’s mind.

Thankfully Mikleo would show up and spoke “hey three more minutes before it’s my turn for teaching you Stephen” though after he saw Lois face he sighed “Lois why are you giving him a death glare? I know you hate men but isn’t that a bit harsh to direct towards your kouhai already?”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:20 am

Stephen stared at the half- angelic girl.

"You hate...?" He said. "Um...on behalf of all men I'm sorry?"

The awkward teen had returned. The newly empathetic and lusty kid had floated to the surface almost against Stephen's will.

He glanced at Mikleo uncomfortably, then back to Lois. Something strange had happened and Stephen felt like he was somehow still holding the bag.

"You...uh...hide it well," He said. "Had not clue. Is there anything I can do?"
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:27 am

Lois landed retracting her wings “why would you apologize for those rapists I killed when I was younger? I don’t blame all men for their existence” she frowned “I just don’t like men giving sexual advances towards me or trying to manipulate me like something inside your sacred gear just did” she crossed her arms and walked away

Mikleo watched this silently and once Lois had left he rubbed the back of his head “Lois isn’t the type to speak much about her past but she is the daughter of the arch angel Uriel and a human, she was born a rare existence known as a miracle child but she fell because of an event involving her mother being raped… and her nearly falling victim herself” he shrugged “at the very least it isn’t so deep and unforgiving she isn’t willing to touch men on a normal basis such as gripping hands or something but she really can’t stand lustful gazes in her direction and of course sexual touching is likely to make you lose your arms” he gave a troubled smile “bit of a predicament given she is a natural born beauty huh?”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:22 am

"That makes it doubly tragic," Stephen said. "Girls like her...deserve better."

He sighed.

"Well somehow my gear managed to sink my ship," he said. "So. What are we going to be practicing?"
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:48 am

Mikleo laughed “ah I don’t think your ship has completely sunk with her… just your ship of having an adult relationship has probably reached its watery grave. I once set a trap for Buchou and Lois wa s the unfortunate victim… stripped her down to her bare body right as she was about to enter the soldiers training ground” his eyes looked away as he began sweating “I was in the hospital for severe light poisoning an hour later and Buchou then punished me for attempting such a thing on her when I was well again”

He then shook his head “now though we consider each other close comrades in arms, so long as my hands and spells that could harm her clothes stay at a respectable distance from her chest and butt” he shook his head “but as for our lessons we are going back to the clubhouse” he made a motion with his hand and started walking towards the clubhouse leading Stephen into a classroom on the first floor, it had a table with a few books on it though Stephen had never seen lettering like what was on the books in his life

“First we are going to start with teaching you some basic facts about devils and the underworld” he walked over to the blackboard that was set in front of the table and picked up the chalk then began writing a sentence on English ‘A True Soldier fights not because he hates what’s in front him, but because he loves what is behind him’
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:12 am

"I saw that in latin somewhere," Stephen said. "I assume its a family motto?"

He looked at the books but gave up when he saw he couldn't read them.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:31 am

Mikleo nodded “it’s the oath we take as members and servants of the Eligos family, for those of the direct family line though it’s less a motto and more their very way of life” he frowned “how Buchou got so upset at your wording that you would think about joining us? To her that is the same as being a soldier that stabs his comrade in the back just because he disagrees with them” Mikleo shook his head “it’s a rather harsh way to take it I’ll admit, in your position I probably would’ve been hesitant to just follow her lead too, but that’s the way she was raised to be, to value all she has and protect it with everything she has”

He turned and spoke as if reading off a script “it’s fine to hate the one your fighting, it’s fine to cry for the dead you cared for in your arms, but never let anger or hatred be the entire reason you choose to fight. If you don’t want to lose someone then protect them with all your might, if you must fight a man who seeks to kill those you care about, then strike at him without hesitation. There is no honor on the battlefield only victors and losers… and the losers are the ones that don’t return alive.”

Mikleo then stretched “that’s the speech lord Eligos gave me after I became Buchou’s servant, they as a family do have a code of honor and a sense of chivalry, but unlike the exaggerated chivalry of human knights the Eligos family chivalry does not extend to the field of battle. If they need to stab an opponent in the back to win, they will do so, the one and only thing they will never ever do or forgive is abandoning your comrade that can yet be saved.”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:05 pm

"I have never belonged to a team," Stephen admitted. "I was taught I was against the world. That the only one I could trust was myself. I've been living that way my whole life.

"And she gets angry because she comes into my life and expects me to be a servant? Maybe she's the one who needs a lesson in perspective."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:38 pm

Mikleo frowned “do you think she was supposed to be raised to think like us humans? By the parents that are over a century old?” He shook his head and began drawing on the blackboard with the chalk drawing chess pieces “she does look at perspectives but she doesn’t think like humans do, for us we learn early we can only live for so long so value what time we have.” He looked back at him “plus she comes from a monarchy style society, diplomacy is used and current devil society does prefer to talk things out if they can buy their not a democracy, if your lower ranked you take the orders of someone higher ranked, upon reincarnation we are always low rank devils with a high rank master. And she is one of the more lenient in regards to how we servants can act.” He finished drawing the chess pieces “I know a couple that had you said that would have dragged you to the underworld, traded you away to get a more obedient piece… just for what you said that afternoon”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:02 pm

Had devils not been so much more powerful then he, Stephen would have made some defiant remark. He'd seen them absurd power levels up close though, so he didn't say anything.

"So what will unruffle her feathers?"
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:47 pm

Mikleo laughed “nothing, she will probably let it slide… just uh, try not to ruffle her feathers further with that attitude you have, not really something I can personally recommend, she won’t kill you but the training regime might suddenly triple its intensity” his shoulders dropped a bit in exhaustion, apparently whatever training regime he endured wasn’t one he remembered fondly

He then drew a triangle around the pieces that he had drawn “so as I recall you were told the general roles of the pieces, the queen serves beside the king, the rook is the castle that guards the king and servants, the Knight is the kings sword, the bishop advises the king and supports the servants, and the pawn is the elite foot soldiers” he made lines separating the pieces, from the top section down it went queen, rook, both Knight and bishop were in the same section, and pawn made up the bottom slice, he had made the full number so there was 8 pawns, two each of the rook, Knight, and bishops.

Mikleo then looked at Stephen “each piece has its own “trait” that the others don’t have except the queen. The queen has the traits of the Knight, bishop, and rook.” He pointed at the bishop “the first is mine the bishop “Magic”, it enhances the magical powers of the user, and gives them a boost to things like demonic power and the like.” He moved the chalk “the knight’s trait is “Speed”, their leg strength is heavily boosted allowing them to move much faster then normal.” Moved his hand again up to the rook “lastly the rook’s trait is “Power”, this piece greatly increases the users physical strength and toughness making their blows hit harder and then to endure more punishment in turn. Any questions so far?”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:14 pm

"So what powers does a pawn have?"

Stephen thought for a moment.

"Pawns...can promote in the game of chess," he said cautiously. Can I, as a pawn, do something similar?
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:56 pm

Mikleo nodded “yes, just as a pawn that has reached the other side of the board can promote and replace itself with any piece besides another pawn or a king, the same rule applies to a ‘pawn’ devil and they can with the kings presence and permission promote to any of the other pieces gaining their respective trait for a time. Rating games have rules regarding this ability but the most common house rule is the pawn must enter enemy territory to use “Promotion””

Mikleo turned to the board again “Ajuka Beelzebub-sama designed the evil piece system with inspiration from chess, the knights speed emulating its ability to travel past other pieces and in an unusual pattern, bishop with its diagonal movement aiming to take the enemy pieces indirectly, the rook moving in the cardinal directions to strike directly into other pieces, and the queen that can move in any direction for any distance.” He drew on the board some more, writing out each of the traits and pointing them to the respective piece “there is no king piece so they get no special traits. Also the reliance for a pawn to have the kings presence and permission to promote means it is best the pawn trains their natural abilities rather then focusing their growth around the effects of promotion. Also compatibility plays a role in how much strength a person can draw out of their piece. I can draw out a great deal of power from the bishop because I am compatible… but if you were to give me the Knight I would be much much slower then Lois is, same if you gave me the rook”

Mikleo looked at Stephen “something you should never forget though, ‘even a pawn can beat a king’”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:21 pm

Stephen looked skeptical.

"In theory, yes," he said. "But even at my fighting best I don't stand a chance against Lena-san's power. How could I possibly defeat an enemy king as I am now? I still don't have the slightest idea what my gear does, and that seems to be the only edge I've got."

He thought some more.

"Also what is the significance of the fact that I took up eight pieces azs opposed to one? I can't take on eight ordinary devils myself as far as I know."
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:05 pm

Mikleo smiled “in truth your sacred gear is still a mystery, but whatever it might be it had a high ‘cost’ for you and it to take up all 8 pieces. You see it varies based on the strength of the high class devil so the strength of what the pieces can revive changes accordingly, but you plus your sacred gear have a value of 8 pieces, the only other piece that could’ve filled that was probably the queen which was already used. Each piece is given its own cost using the pawn as the base value. Bishop and Knight are 3 rook is five and queen is 9 a piece”

Mikleo set the chalk down and activated his sacred gear “now for the sacred gear, you must remember that the sacred gears power feeds on your desires and your emotions, the stronger your desire the greater and greater it will respond. But if your body can’t handle it then the backlash will be immense” he points at his eyes “mine allows me to multiply my thinking speed and gives me photographic memory, if I really push it I can go up to the 8th mark but I will suffer horribly as a result, at best cause I will completely pass out… at worse case, I’ll become a vegetable”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:28 pm

"I guess I'm having a hard time quantifying this," Stephen said. "So...my skills as a fighter, my abilities...don't matter as much as the potential of the gear in me? And the gear has almost as much a threat to me as any Devil, Angel, or Fallen?"
Whitebrand
Heavy user

Postby tigra9 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:37 pm

Mikleo shook his head “the only one aware of how the value is split is the devil that reincarnated the person, so in this case it’s Buchou. That answer will be something for her to give nobody else can” he blinked deactivating his sacred gear “based on what I saw with your spar with Lois is put your personal value at roughly 2 or 3 pawns, meaning that sacred gear took the rest… but again that’s just my theory it’s not proven.”

Mikleo closed his eyes tilting his head for a second in thought then opened his eyes “to give you an idea, I’m a magician hailed by one of the greatest mage organizations as a child prodigy but I have a rather plain and underwhelming sacred gear power, but Buchou reincarnated me two year ago using only one bishop piece. Lois was reincarnated four years ago and took a special Knight piece to reincarnate, it’s cost went rather above normal but there is no need for you to hear that full explanation yet. What makes her so valuable is her bloodline, natural abilities, and her training. To what I’m aware she received exorcist training from roughly the age of 4 to 5, and she reached high rankings among the combat ones according to herself. She can back up that skill if she is serious but in truth I’ve only learned about her inheritance from her bloodline because of Buchou telling me her fathers name, Uriel, the archangel known as the “flames of god” which means she should’ve inherited holy flames but whatever happened in the past she refuses to use them”

With that Mikleo grabbed the eraser and started erasing what he already made on the blackboard “so then, we have 30 minutes, want to practice drawing out your sacred gear, see if we can’t maybe awaken it a bit more”
tigra9
Heavy user

Postby Whitebrand » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:52 pm

"Mine flared up when I was doing my Kuji-Kiri practice. It helps me focus."

Finally he had a rough idea where he stood...one of him was 2-3 pawns, which suggested he could handle that many normal pawns. Good.

He hoped.
Whitebrand
Heavy user

PreviousNext

Return to Private Roleplay