Modified Worm CYOA - WIP

This forum revolves around interactive vore stories. You are free to promote interactive stories on this site and other sites and discuss them here.

Modified Worm CYOA - WIP

Postby ArielSchnee » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:28 pm

Nothing here anymore.
Last edited by ArielSchnee on Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArielSchnee
New to the forum

Re: Modified Worm CYOA - WIP

Postby Seifens » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:56 am

Having never heard of Worm in this context my initial assumption was it was a vore interactive about a genetically modified literal worm, but holy cow. I followed this over from the Vore Games forum, and this blows my mind. I have no idea what I'm looking at when I go to the page. I saw information pertaining to 90s sitcoms, Dr Who, Naruto, Scooby Doo Vampires... This is some kind of fever dream, and I must know more.

I really feel like this would benefit from some introduction or clarification either in your post here or on the page at the link to what exactly Worm is and how this work is intended to be interpreted and used, because this is going to look bonkers to people like me who have never encountered anything like this before. I'm not sure if this is something you see a lot in fanfiction circles or what, but I can't make heads or tails of it. I can only assume that extensive knowledge of the Worm setting is required to understand your work here, and that should be stated up front. As a common word, Worm doesn't really communicate the breadth of the subject effectively by itself.

I hope you also understand it doesn't seem to be an interactive or cyoa in the sense which is generally associated with those terms around here, so people clicking on your link may be further confused based on what they were expecting vs what they got. Around here the term 'interactive' (used as a noun) generally refers to an authored work of fiction that is structured in such a way that the reader is able to make choices on how the story proceeds. Ultimately you end up with a more or less standard written story that the readers decisions help guide. This reads more like a rulebook for a tabletop rpg, but it lacks the structure I'd expect to see from something like that. Actually, it reads like an addendum or errata to a rulebook for a tabletop rpg, since it constantly refers to events, people, places, abbreviations, and concepts that it does not define, so I can only assume are part of the greater Worm mythos.

I hope you understand that my feedback here is offered with the best of intentions. Clearly a phenomenal amount of effort went into the creation of this work, and it deserves to be well represented, whatever it is.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheVenusFlytrap » Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:16 am

ArielSchnee wrote:Not sure if this is the right place to put this. But... Here.
https://www.fanficparadise.com/arielsch ... sion_6.htm .

Your link appears to be broken... :(
I'd love to read it however... Could you please share your version 6, or a version 7 maybe... ? :oops:
TheVenusFlytrap
Been posting for a bit

Postby ArielSchnee » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:38 pm

Seifens wrote:Having never heard of Worm in this context my initial assumption was it was a vore interactive about a genetically modified literal worm, but holy cow. I followed this over from the Vore Games forum, and this blows my mind. I have no idea what I'm looking at when I go to the page. I saw information pertaining to 90s sitcoms, Dr Who, Naruto, Scooby Doo Vampires... This is some kind of fever dream, and I must know more.

I really feel like this would benefit from some introduction or clarification either in your post here or on the page at the link to what exactly Worm is and how this work is intended to be interpreted and used, because this is going to look bonkers to people like me who have never encountered anything like this before. I'm not sure if this is something you see a lot in fanfiction circles or what, but I can't make heads or tails of it. I can only assume that extensive knowledge of the Worm setting is required to understand your work here, and that should be stated up front. As a common word, Worm doesn't really communicate the breadth of the subject effectively by itself.

I hope you also understand it doesn't seem to be an interactive or cyoa in the sense which is generally associated with those terms around here, so people clicking on your link may be further confused based on what they were expecting vs what they got. Around here the term 'interactive' (used as a noun) generally refers to an authored work of fiction that is structured in such a way that the reader is able to make choices on how the story proceeds. Ultimately you end up with a more or less standard written story that the readers decisions help guide. This reads more like a rulebook for a tabletop rpg, but it lacks the structure I'd expect to see from something like that. Actually, it reads like an addendum or errata to a rulebook for a tabletop rpg, since it constantly refers to events, people, places, abbreviations, and concepts that it does not define, so I can only assume are part of the greater Worm mythos.

I hope you understand that my feedback here is offered with the best of intentions. Clearly a phenomenal amount of effort went into the creation of this work, and it deserves to be well represented, whatever it is.

Oh. Oh dear. I thought I took this thing down. Sorry, just ignore it. Until I can figure out how to delete this topic.

As for "Worm"... Here. https://parahumans.wordpress.com/

As for how CYOA is used here..... It means that you choose by spending points, getting the options, then writing yourself as a SI character into a "Worm" fanfic.

I didn't just start calling this thing a CYOA.

It was called that when I stumbled across the first version back then.

http://old.reddit.com/r/makeyourchoice/

https://old.reddit.com/r/makeyourchoice ... gur_links/

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads ... ns.558034/

https://old.reddit.com/r/nsfwcyoa/comme ... orm_cyoas/
ArielSchnee
New to the forum

Postby ArielSchnee » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:40 pm

TheVenusFlytrap wrote:
ArielSchnee wrote:Not sure if this is the right place to put this. But... Here.
https://www.fanficparadise.com/arielsch ... sion_6.htm .

Your link appears to be broken... :(
I'd love to read it however... Could you please share your version 6, or a version 7 maybe... ? :oops:

Sorry about that.
ArielSchnee
New to the forum

Return to Interactive story