I would like your opinions. ^_^

This forum revolves around interactive vore stories. You are free to promote interactive stories on this site and other sites and discuss them here.

In your opinion, does this sketch constitute permavore?

Poll ended at Mon May 27, 2019 2:29 pm

Yup...even in sketch form HipHugger has digested Miss Jackson away forever.
31%
No....she can't permavore her unless it's color.
18%
No....permavore is dumb/you can draw what you want.
52%

Total votes : 85

I would like your opinions. ^_^

Postby taito » Sun May 26, 2019 2:29 pm

So a while back I drew this picture. I had also stated that I was going to draw what I wanted...kinda throwing the whole permavore thing out the window. I'm just curious to what you all think so I thought I'd put a poll up. Feel free to leave me detailed comments as well.

HipHugger destroys Jackson again.jpg
Last edited by taito on Mon May 27, 2019 3:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<div>Taito</div><br>
taito
---

Re: I would like your opinions. ^_^

Postby Birichino » Sun May 26, 2019 2:42 pm

Heroes never die! Besides, that's just a skull. I didn't see any Jackson go in.
But yeah, draw whatever you want. No reason to discountinue a great character over a sketch, or at all if you don't want to.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby taito » Sun May 26, 2019 2:43 pm

Birichino, Good point sir. That IS Jacksons hat though. ~_~
<div>Taito</div><br>
taito
---

Postby Heartless » Sun May 26, 2019 3:01 pm

My opinion is that an artist should draw what they want, permavore or no-permavore is irrelevant to that opinion. Its ultimately your choice on what you do, whether people personally dislike your decision or not should be irrelevant, its your choice as the artist. You stated you want to do away with permavore, if you really want to then the results of this poll are ultimately irrelevant, if you have changed your mind and want it to stay...well the results of the poll are still ultimately irrelevant. Otherwise you might end up going against what you want to do as an artist personally.
"Daisy, Daisy/Give me your answer do/I'm half crazy/all for the love of you"
- HAL 9000
Heartless
Participator

Postby taito » Sun May 26, 2019 3:10 pm

Heartless, I think you nailed it right on the head...I do seem to have a problem with knowing what I truly want. I think that may be in part to which brain I'm listening to. I'm not sure about other men, but it seems like my lower brain makes a lot of odd choices. ~_~
<div>Taito</div><br>
taito
---

Postby MianQ » Sun May 26, 2019 3:29 pm

MianQ
Been posting for a bit

Postby sweetladyamy » Sun May 26, 2019 3:43 pm

Opting for a different option, since permavore isn't dumb but I agree with you doing whatever you please on a number of levels.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Postby DB1224 » Sun May 26, 2019 3:53 pm

I don't really see permavore as dumb. More of a waste of (good) character(s).
In all case you're the artist and Jackson is your character. So do whatever you want ! (even if not seeing her cute face anymore would be kind of sad...Mainly for future pred)
Legally it's questionable.
Morally it's disgusting.
Personally I love it.
DB1224
Participator

Postby dokudoku » Sun May 26, 2019 4:02 pm

Draw what you like to draw what you like and draw what you think people will like to give something to the viewers. That's my mindset.

Heartless said pretty much everything I would have said, so I'll throw my own 2 cents and say if you're looking to make something that will please what people are generally looking for, then go for it as a treat to them. You got your own likes and muddying it up in other people's preferences waters down what you had originally wanted.
dokudoku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Siuddithsi » Sun May 26, 2019 4:30 pm

I'd say no permavore, but I have that opinion anyway. I decided since the "vote to kill Robin" story arc in Batman comics, I wouldn't put my characters fates up to a vote. Siuddithsi can re-birth spirits that enter her womb, if you want an excuse for her return.
Siuddithsi
---

Postby Doku » Sun May 26, 2019 6:04 pm

Haha, I think you love to tease your fans and crowd source such options, to see how many of us are greedy, evil sorts like you.

I voted predictably for permavore, BUT i would also say in the end? Draw what you want and what you love. ^.~
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TETRO » Sun May 26, 2019 6:36 pm

I voted "yes" because I think it's kinda sexy to kill off a character with vore now and then. However, pics don't need to all follow a cannon.You can "kill off" a character and still use them in other stuff, especially if you can just hand wave it as "non-cannon" or happening before they "died".
"Be polite,
be professional,
but have a plan to eat everyone you meet."

-The Predator's Handbook
TETRO
Participator

Postby EnderDracolich » Sun May 26, 2019 6:46 pm

Never, ever feel obligated to retire or discontinue a character unless you - want - to do so. As an artist and creator, you and only you decide when to quite using a specific character.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Birichino » Sun May 26, 2019 9:20 pm

DB1224 wrote:I don't really see permavore as dumb. More of a waste of (good) character(s).
In all case you're the artist and Jackson is your character. So do whatever you want ! (even if not seeing her cute face anymore would be kind of sad...Mainly for future pred)

Well, you could always make awful characters explicitly to permavore them.
Or do semi-permavore, where it's like comic book deaths. They'll be back EVENTUALLY, but it could be a year or two.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby coop500 » Sun May 26, 2019 9:32 pm

Heartless wrote:My opinion is that an artist should draw what they want, permavore or no-permavore is irrelevant to that opinion. Its ultimately your choice on what you do, whether people personally dislike your decision or not should be irrelevant, its your choice as the artist. You stated you want to do away with permavore, if you really want to then the results of this poll are ultimately irrelevant, if you have changed your mind and want it to stay...well the results of the poll are still ultimately irrelevant. Otherwise you might end up going against what you want to do as an artist personally.

This a million times, YOU are the artist and YOU should be able to decide freely on what you draw/what characters you keep. if people hold something like this against you then they didn't deserve to see your work in the first place.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Angel » Mon May 27, 2019 3:06 am

I never was in the whole "perma-vore" thing to begin with. I like my vore to be silly and cartoony, so the whole death aspect was the first to go out the window for me.

Immortality, reformation, different timelines, magic, there are plenty of reasons why characters who have been eaten can make a return visit. Or just shrug and give no explanation at all. As an artist you should draw whomever and whatever you want, whenever you want.
Angel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby taito » Mon May 27, 2019 7:55 am

Wow you all make such good points. To be honest I'm really surprised by the results from the poll. Even if I added the first two options together the third would be ahead. I guess it's fair to say that yes...HipHugger is popular, but despite that, not even she should be able to permavore against the artist will.

Now on the other hand, if someone other than me had drawn this then things might be different. ^_^ Not sure. But I do thank you all for the input.
<div>Taito</div><br>
taito
---

Postby Shadowblaze » Mon May 27, 2019 9:00 am

I *LOVE* permavore as a concept- it's one of the things I find super hot about vore in general. However, even then, you don't have to be strict with the 'canon' of the art- like it could be 'permavore' for that image/story etc., and you could still have them freely appear in another as if nothing happened. That's how I tend to do it- you can have it both ways then. I treat each fatal encounter as sort of its own canon/timeline to enjoy the fatal aspect without actually having to fully give up a character- unless you wanted to, which is kinda hot in its own way if you really felt committed to it, but yeah, it's totally a choice, even if you love permavore like me. Just play it however is the most fun and don't get too hung up on the details!
Your art/characters are your own, and you can use them however you like!

Permavore isn't dumb, but is in no way necessary unless you wanted it to be, nomatter the in-universe situation!

And yeah, this is from someone who actively seeks out perma/fatal/non-regenerating vore! It's what personally really gives the kick to vore for me and keeps me interested! It's one of my few rules I stick to for seeking out an enjoyable RP session for myself, or at least an unusual 'never getting out' kind of endo, at least! Either way- the eating needs to be permanent (in that particular canon!) for me personally, but yeah, we all have different tastes (lol) and loads of people dislike perma/fatal vore and that's cool!- your art/characters, your choice- every time! That's important! ^^
Shadowblaze
Participator

Postby taito » Mon May 27, 2019 9:19 am

Nooo..now people can changer their vote...I wouldn't ~_~

Hiphugger digests her soul.jpg
<div>Taito</div><br>
taito
---

Postby zerowag » Mon May 27, 2019 10:41 am

honestly, hiphugger should be padding out miss jackson