University Vore - f/any interactive

This forum revolves around interactive vore stories. You are free to promote interactive stories on this site and other sites and discuss them here.

How big did you percieve Evelyn to be?

Really short (under five foot)
15%
Short (five foot or so)
10%
Short side of average (five foot four)
11%
Average (Five foot six)
21%
Tall side of average (five foot eight)
10%
Tall (five foot ten)
6%
Really tall (six foot one)
28%

Total votes : 218

Re: University Vore - f/any interactive

Postby Winny » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:28 am

thats alright ^.^ just wanted to make sure the thread got ressussed before it had to get necroed >.>
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Throku » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:53 am

Aight! So I'm back sort of :P

I'm really sorry for the long wait, but well I didn't know I could be so zooned out. At any rate I did put a little something up. Nothing on the pokergame though, I lost all my notes in the move on that one, though I think I might have figured out the score by now and who's owning who :P

My current problem arrived when I got to the next advanced class, and realized not only that I didn't know what topic to cover, but also that it really mattered in what order I did things. I started with absorption and waste minimization because well those would be the things that I think the predators themselves would find most interesting, as in not having to hunt so often nor so many prey as well as being able to use normal toilets. I can imagine passing something the size of your own leg or even larger to be somewhat of a bother and feeling rather nasty.

But what should be the topic after the current one? I really need feedback on that because it really does matter if they are to practice hiding, swallowing large objects, avoiding digestion, or stealth predation, or a dozen other potential subjects.

Also I'm reaching the point where I'm considering opening up the main storyline, as in the 1111111111111111111...1111- thread. Actually if you have an idea for it now, just give me a heads up and I'll try to make room for it.
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby DraconianTalon » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:40 pm

Great new additions.
As for what would come next, I would say practice hiding and avoiding digestion. Maybe throw in some internal expansion.
DraconianTalon
Somewhat familiar

Postby Throku » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:40 am

Thanks!

Hiding might be good, with the V101 maybe not covering that subject too well and these predators might want more than just single meals?
Then moving on to avoiding digestion? That'll work. I mean it would be pretty handy when practicing if you didn't get instantly digested if your partner got a little carried away or somehow accidentally released a bit of juices on you huh? And it will introduce the practicing together part, without going half a dozen classes. Though I think I'll stick to just, protection and juice-neutralization. I mean in theory I suppose you could make yourself "poisonous" or something, but that just ruins the fun doesn't it? (I know it opens u options, doubtless a paralyzed pred is easy to escape from and then eat yourself instead :P) Besides poisons are typically useless inside the stomach as they dissolve and in many cases are meant to aid in digestion...so you'd be helping the pred digest you?

As for the whole no writing done, I kind of stalked everyone yesterday and I got a surprise, I wasn't the only one that's been a bit out of it, actually only Grunbuns seems to have written anything since sometime way before last time I added anything (and I'm counting anywhere, not just University Vore)
I dunno if Grunbuns has been on here though, I don't seem to recall making any introduction. I mean you are DraconianTalon both here and there Conix is Conix in both places, though I think there's some numbers at the end in one place or the other and Justaname333 here is Yetanotherlurker there...and unfortunately I think that was everyone. (I'm very thankful for all your contributions, but ya know like dem fans has been saying, the activity has been low...so a few more would help and well you guys helping out even more. :P)
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby Throku » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:06 pm

Ok, so I posted a wake-up call. Let's see if that actually rouses anybody. As the owner I can see that you're reading, so it's not for a lack or readers that the silence is deafening.

Now the real trouble I've had and tried to get help with from the usual writers and a few others, but had no luck with, is of course story layout and in this case character design. As such this is a bit of a spoiler thingie, but seeing as it will be revealed in the very next chapter, I don't know how bad it is. The chapter thogh being rather important to well, get on with the story. Even so I'll place it in a spoiler bracket, the whole thing is somewhat lengthy anyhow, so it could be nice to hide away to make the thread more readable as a whole I guess :P

So here's the dilemma:

Spoiler: show
De Luca is going to partake in another lecture, this time however it's a bit more hands on so to speak where she covers the whole energy requirement issue.

The problem sort of here is that I ended up making De Luca a rather formidable lady and that sort of clashes with the story so far. I did plan of her having quite the potential, but with her being rather new to this (or so I thought) she wouldn't be there yet. As this class chapter ended up though, it would see that she's there right now.

So should I change her back story to make room for her being this good, or should I tone her down and in either case
  is it reasonable to have her running (or jogging) at maximum incline on a treadmill a whole class with no less than fifteen students in her gut?  
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby DraconianTalon » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:17 am

I had a feeling you would call us out. There has been a serious case of writers block going around. Plus I have had a case of the lazies.

As for your dilemma. I tend to lean toward the extreme a little too much when restraint is needed so my first reaction is to just go with it. However for this case I might lean toward a middle ground in which there is a light change to back story and some minor toning down. Fifteen students is quite a few that would not be able to fully take in the lecture. They may be able to hear her from inside but wont be giving it their full attention. Course, how formidable someone is is a matter of perspective.

And those be my thought.
DraconianTalon
Somewhat familiar

Postby Throku » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:36 am

Well, don't mind about them missing the lecture,
it's sort of a none-planned thing. The question is: It too much for her to be running around with for an hour and a half? (They're still giving her a bulge, so at last she can't fully hide them, that's always something I guess :P )
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby DraconianTalon » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:09 pm

I may be over thinking this but here goes.
Short version: It would not be too much.
Long version: I am assuming from previous chapters that hiding is one of the heavier energy user and De Luca is not as accomplished at this as others but she is good at conserving and storing energy. It may be difficult for her to not be storing and conserving, Like Blainey with her stomach automatically hiding and not wanting to bulge. She may occasionally have to find ways to use some of the extra energy. It may have even become almost a crutch. She has to be careful how much she eats because she stores more energy than she nee to. What would happen if a maximum threshold were to be reach for this kind of energy storage? It might be messy.

Also, might be interesting if she started with a light incline and only one or two students and worked up to the full incline and fifteen students.
DraconianTalon
Somewhat familiar

Postby Throku » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:45 pm

Yeah, naturally there should be a maximum storage, individual like everything else. and you're right, what happens when that is capped?
I assume there are three outcomes, that could be mixed.
1. It is stored as normal fat. (Which could come a s a shocker)
2. The predator notices what happens and stops it from being stored as fat and gets rid of the excess through various techniques.
3. The body notices the excess and gets rid of most of it, but some still gets stored as normal fat. (I think this is the case to some point for Kayla in the club-setting.)

What I realized after I posted here is that the thing that makes the energy requirements go off the chart is that it is fellow preds she has inside her stomach and part of the concept was that one might fool oneself from thinking that you weren't carrying so much around. (By the calculations De Luca makes it would seem that she would have only spent 1/6th the energy that she estimates if the girls had been just normal people and not predators themselves.)
You are right though, thanks for pointing that out. ;) Obviously De Luca is very good at storing energy and utilizing it later.

Oh and where are everyone? More than half the people that follow the story closely have read the post I made, but only you have replied. :(

DraconianTalon wrote:Also, might be interesting if she started with a light incline and only one or two students and worked up to the full incline and fifteen students.

Well the problem is that you burn hardly anything and that this would require multiple sessions. I actually needed her to run more or less the whole class to get any kind of predatory values on the burn, it was the fact that her prey were other predators that screwed me over in the end. :P I'll give the numbers here that she estimates with her guesswork.
She estimates, with the guesses she makes in the class, seeing as quite a few facts are hard to determine, that she'd need to digest 13 and a half girls to regain her energy and if they hadn't been predators she would have only needed 2, yes that's right two. See what I mean with that last factor screwing me over?

EDIT: Seems I made another miscalculation, it was only half as bad as I thought, but still pretty dramatic :P (see why I wanted help checking my math?)
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby conix32 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:24 am

I dunno, but I probably I am missing or forgetting something, but where exactly was it established that De Luca was already a strong predator? I mean in one point she seems a little taken aback that Meghan is saying that her pupil Daneford is not impressive.

Another thing, I think you should have her demonstrate her energy control however you feel, although from a plot standpoint I still think that Meghan as an experienced student should be a stronger and more formidable predator than De Luca, whereas De Luca is far more skilled in her specialties.

So basically from a relative standpoint De Luca is more of a bookish teacher than a practical one, like say; Blainey. I think this would make the trio of faculty a bit more dynamic and diverse, than having three super preds. The math stuff you seem to be having issues with, I am completely lost about, if you see a problem with what you expect things to end up, couldn't you just change the numbers? :wink:
conix32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Throku » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:50 am

conix32 wrote:I dunno, but I probably I am missing or forgetting something, but where exactly was it established that De Luca was already a strong predator? I mean in one point she seems a little taken aback that Meghan is saying that her pupil Daneford is not impressive.

That's pretty much why I didn't post the chapter in the first place and wanted the go ahead to make that change. I hadn't planned for De Luca to be that big a pred, eventhough she's obviously getting a private tutoring from Doctor Tracey who is a significant enough pred for Evelyn to compare her to Blainey.
That said, perhaps she didn't expect there to be students on the same level as the researchers until after the class?

conix32 wrote:Another thing, I think you should have her demonstrate her energy control however you feel, although from a plot standpoint I still think that Meghan as an experienced student should be a stronger and more formidable predator than De Luca, whereas De Luca is far more skilled in her specialties.

True enough, perhaps, but thing is when a student is to volunteer, it's more like a willing prey, even if she isn't actually willing.

conix32 wrote:So basically from a relative standpoint De Luca is more of a bookish teacher than a practical one, like say; Blainey. I think this would make the trio of faculty a bit more dynamic and diverse, than having three super preds. The math stuff you seem to be having issues with, I am completely lost about, if you see a problem with what you expect things to end up, couldn't you just change the numbers? :wink:

As for bookish, nah, that feels like Blainey and Hawthorn, De Luca was a pretty hands on girl from the start, she's in this game for personal gain. Not that the other two aren't, but they've more like found their place, De Luca was supposed to be new. uestion is how quickly can you learn? I've put a pretty insane learning curve on most girls throughout this story, so why stop that? At least it'd be consistent. (I did it originally because I wanted vore in the story and then I continued, because it wasn't like I was whipping out chapters and it'd take hundreds to keep to a slow more reasonable learning curve and still get the story anywhere.)

So how much of an eyesore is it to have her run about with that many students?, Should I cut it in half or something?

EDIT.
Dammit, I tried going back to the original plan of six students, but then I will have to make her hide the students completely or at least have her turn from jogging to a flat out run...for 90mins... Otherwise she's just not burning any calories. Upping her guesses a bit, with 6 girls without any changes other than the number (which automatically reduces the size of De Luca and her estimate of her prey) She burns only 1/3d of a girl if it's all prey and one girl if they are preds. :/

if she can hide them completely then she's clearly bigger and her guesses can increase a bit. So then we're looking at maybe half a girl if they're prey and 2 girls if they are preds.

If we have her running a bit faster...it could increase a bit more, but that seems so far fetched to me. :/ perhaps she should have had someone else do this demonstration, but half the point of her doing it is showing that she's more hands on....or gut.

EDIT2: Hmm... I only covered this as unspecific inefficiency, but if someone knows. It's been a long time since I read my biochemistry. How inefficient is the whole storing energy as fat first and then use it, as opposed to using it directly? I sort of recall that it was only 30% or so, which is why you get hungry rather than use your fat-reserves most of the time, but like I said it was a long time ago. If I'm correct though, or at least in the right ballyard, then it solves the whole problem.
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby DraconianTalon » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:48 pm

I think I am really over my head on this one as I never took any biochemistry. Though I am usually really good at finding obscure things on the net, Most of the stuff coming up is weight loss articles. I did find one interesting article, though not quite what you are looking for.
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-lo ... ation.html
The previous page may have more as well.
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss
I hope some of this helps at least a little.
DraconianTalon
Somewhat familiar

Postby Throku » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:14 am

Your search-fu is better than mine, but it was still in the High-school genre.

In elementary school when covering the human body you all got an earful of ATP and Citrus acid Cycles and another round of this in High-school, if you had biology there, but only at Collage do they cover the actual energy usage. Unfortunately I can't find anything like that on the net. I've found a bunch of other simplifications and such crap (I actually can't find the whole process anywhere, I've managed to piece it together from 20 different sources or so, but I still don't have it all and I'm still lacking the actual reactions and thus the energy losses involved.)

Your link there had a few other useful things though, like an estimate of how to calculate the body's energy needs at rest, something I can use to determine just how big and scary someone is after they've stopped growing. (Though like with everything there's huge estimates and variables, certainly so when I've introduced new ones, such as the efficiency of the digestion process.)

What really pissed me off though is that only you and Conix have replied (I know yetanotherlurker hasn't had time to read yet) and I know that most of the people that follow the story closely read my posts and still did not reply, which makes me wonder if I should close it and make it private? As in an invitation only story, I think that is possible. Currently I'm more interested in finding out how to do that than the energy thing.
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby Beheader205 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:43 pm

I am still here, just a lazy poster :P I will see if I can find anything to continue the story. It seems like wherever I go I find something from Throku. Went to voretube and saw a post he did xD
Beheader205
Somewhat familiar

Postby Throku » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:11 am

I have sorted out the problem in question, no thanks you any of you.
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby justaname333 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:50 am

I haven't really been responding since I don't have anything to input, due to not being able to go trough the additions as of late, my time has been eaten up.

But what I don't understand is why make the story private? I know it's a bit frustrating that there's been a lack of communication and additions going on, but wouldn't that just make it worse?
justaname333
Participator

Postby Throku » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:02 am

actually no. Some of you might have noticed that over the last few years I've posted a few chapters and then nothing for months and then a few more and then nothing. That's because it's been the same scenario being played out every time.
I've gotten back into the mood of writing some chapters, so I do and I post and I wait for some feedback, or something. Get absolutely nothing, get frustrated and eventually annoyed enough to lose all interest and mood in doing any writing at all. Then after some months I get back into it and the thing repeats. The only time anyone says anything is either when I address them specifically, which even that did not help this time, or when I haven't posted in a look while, we see some..."Moar!" Like this was freaking EkaChan. What happened to the community?

And why is it that only other artists/writers show any kind of decency?

So no, it will not make things worse. I still enjoy my own writing, not sharing it with the rest of you cuts out the frustration bit that makes me lose my mood. So Seeing as everyone has stopped writing and this is a one man show. Why should I share it? It is only giving me grief.
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby justaname333 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:54 am

Throku wrote:I post and I wait for some feedback, or something. Get absolutely nothing, get frustrated and eventually annoyed enough to lose all interest and mood in doing any writing at all. Then after some months I get back into it and the thing repeats.

This I feel hits the issue right on the head, with so few writers around willing to contribute, it's hard to get a good feedback loop going. We had a good thing going in the past, but inevitably life issues hit leaving a few unable to really follow and comment, and things go sour quickly.

Personally, I feel that the root of the issue is the lack of interest in writing in general. Even here, there's tons of more artwork submitted, viewed, commented on, and favorited compared to the writing. The reasons as to why this is could be debated until the cows come home. But it's blatant that writing is under-represented and under-appreciated here, sadly enough. Interactives are an even more obscured subset, and the incentive for new, but decent writers to pitch in is... low, very low. I imagine that most people who discover the interactives section on this site (Which is kind of tucked into a little corner where people hardly notice it exists.) end up turned off by the frankly overwhelmingly poor interface, and even poorer additions. Why put work into writing if there's nothing good to get involved with in the first place?

This leads to the various vore-based interactives offsite. Years back writing.com was pretty well known, thanks to the stickied topic listing and featuring several good interactives back. But now that thread has been both un-stickied and many of the good interactives listed on it have died off due to lack of moderation. This has made it pretty difficult to become aware of the stories there, and anybody new that does? Well, the interface for finding and browsing interactives is a heck of a lot better than here, but it still suffers the problem that just about everything is junk. Mind that this is in the perspective of an unregistered user, which aren't even allowed to view University Vore, which I think is the only quality-maintaining story left in the bunch. But why would a new user take the time to register an account if he sees nothing worth adding to?

While simply making UV publicly viewable to even non-registered users probably isn't going to solve all our problems, I think it will be one step in the right direction. But other than that I feel that there needs to be a drive made to spark interest in writing in general once again, but how to successfully do that? It beats me, to be frank.
justaname333
Participator

Postby DraconianTalon » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:56 pm

Sorry to see it has come to this. I have really enjoyed your work and this interactive was the only one that inspired me to write. It is the only interactive I have ever added to. Well such is life.
I wish you the best of luck and hope you share some of your writing with us again someday.
DraconianTalon
Somewhat familiar

Postby Beheader205 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Sorry I haven't responded enough but I do like lots of your work, even the pictures you drew years ago I enjoy, especially the Kim Possible one :P
Beheader205
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Interactive story