Living in a Vorish World - 353 Pages!

This forum revolves around interactive vore stories. You are free to promote interactive stories on this site and other sites and discuss them here.

What do you think of the interactive?

Poll ended at Sun May 08, 2022 10:46 am

It's Great, keep doing what you're doing!
56%
It's good, but the writing needs work.
6%
Meh.
3%
I don't like it.
3%
It's an abomination.
No votes
You should really finish some story lines.
25%
You're right, the dialogue does need work.
3%
It is getting to be too repetitive.
No votes
Other
6%

Total votes : 36

Living in a Vorish World - 353 Pages!

Postby kaledeen » Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:46 am

Hi there.

This is the first thread I've created on this forum, so please excuse any poor formatting. I've been lurking about here for a decent while and over the past year I've started trying out my hand at writing, mainly in the form of an interactive story which you can find here: https://aryion.com/iss/page.php?story=1118&page=1

The original plan was to have actual written stories posted in the gallery, which I am still working on to some extent. It turns out I'm not very good at finishing things, so I thought that formatting the stories as an interactive where I can play with different characters and write stories without necessarily knowing how they end might be a good way to work towards something more complete.

A lot of what I've written has been added to the interactive already, and I've been writing some others which aren't added yet, but it has taken me longer than I'd expected it to. So, I'm making this thread because I wanted to gauge interest in the interactive, and possibly to get some feedback.

So, the interactive takes place in an Earth like setting. The basic idea is the world as if vore existed, with only females being able to be predators. Males exist in servitude, awaiting the day they'll be devoured. Vore is commonplace, glamorized, and romanticized from the viewpoint of the predator. Prey live in fear of a gruesome and painful demise. Vorish woman make up a minority of the population, but they exercise control over all of society. Most women actually lack the genetic traits necessary for vore, and are often devoured as stock. The vore genes are inherited from the child's mother, so typically a vorish woman will have vorish daughters, and a non-vorish woman will have non-vorish daughters. Males can carry the gene as well, but only the latent version.

It's heavily based on the old writing.com interactive My Life as a Teenage Voraphile, as well as PurpSoul's A Vore Torn World.

-F/M Only
-Human Only
-No Reformation, digestion is fatal
-Disposal/Scat is allowed, and common
-No Shrinking
-Cruelty/torture/general abuse is included
-Sex is allowed

I've gotten some positive feedback already from a few people who stumbled onto the story early on. I'm curious how many people actually enjoy my writing, and want to see more of it. And any feedback on the writing itself? The dialogue has felt like a struggle, and I do worry that the scenes and writing are repetitive, maybe too 'one-note'.
Last edited by kaledeen on Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaledeen
New to the forum

Re: Living in a Vorish World

Postby knt27 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:19 pm

Obviously I really like this story since I already messaged you about it, but I just wanted to chime in and say that I've kept up with the updates and am loving it still! I know positive feedback is hard to get with interactives, so I want to say that your efforts are appreciated.

I do worry that the scenes and writing are repetitive, maybe too 'one-note'.

The only story thread I feel gets repetitive is the biology teacher one, just because of having to follow so many pred girls at once in a step-by-step process

If there's anything across the whole interactive I'd like to see more of, it would be different variations of the pred-prey dynamic. Jack's story is fun (even if the scat scene's a bit much for me), because his dynamic with Sez is flirty and light, but with an edge of danger. Most of the men in your story are just straight-up terrified of being eaten, which makes sense, but I'd love to see you explore shades of grey in the "unwilling" to "willing" spectrum of prey.

Ultimately, I think the way to make the pred-prey relationship in each branch feel unique, would be to explore different kinds of power dynamics. Is the pred sadistic and dominating and the prey sexually submissive but unwilling to be eaten? Is the pred bratty and petulant and the prey aroused/frightened by being overpowered by such an entitled glutton? Does the prey find public humiliation at the hands of a beautiful woman to be a turn on? There are so many different ways to frame this power imbalance, and I could easily see some of the unfinished branches going in interesting directions.

I'm particularly eager to see what happens next with Terrance. Both of his branches seem to be leading to a public demise of some kind, and I personally love when public humiliation factors into stories. Whether it's the cheerleader or the teacher that gets him, I'm hoping to see plenty of torment before takes the plunge! :gulp: Something tells me these ladies like to play with their food.

Keep up the awewome work! :-D
knt27
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby kaledeen » Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:13 pm

Thank you! I do appreciate the feedback, there's another thread I've been trying to finish and it's wore me down a bit. It's gotten far longer than I intended.

knt27 wrote: The only story thread I feel gets repetitive is the biology teacher one, just because of having to follow so many pred girls at once in a step-by-step process

It did get long, I'm hoping that the thread I'm working on for Max is varied enough to remain interesting.

knt27 wrote: If there's anything across the whole interactive I'd like to see more of, it would be different variations of the pred-prey dynamic. Jack's story is fun (even if the scat scene's a bit much for me), because his dynamic with Sez is flirty and light, but with an edge of danger. Most of the men in your story are just straight-up terrified of being eaten, which makes sense, but I'd love to see you explore shades of grey in the "unwilling" to "willing" spectrum of prey.

Sez's scene is a lot, but that's something I think of as part of her interest. I think I get what you mean about more variation in predator and prey personalities, though finding a good viewpoint for a willing prey might be challenging for me, there is another arch I've sort of planned out that would include a willing if not necessarily eager prey.

knt27 wrote: I'm particularly eager to see what happens next with Terrance. Both of his branches seem to be leading to a public demise of some kind, and I personally love when public humiliation factors into stories. Whether it's the cheerleader or the teacher that gets him, I'm hoping to see plenty of torment before takes the plunge! :gulp: Something tells me these ladies like to play with their food.

lol, I think I might need to do multiple branches for Terrance. I do have a couple endings in mind for him, but I actually had envisioned him as surviving for a fair while.
kaledeen
New to the forum

Postby VigorousJazzHands » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:22 am

Just like knt27, I've already mentioned how much I've been enjoying this interactive so far, but wanted to reiterate that here! My Life as a Teenage Voraphile & A Vore Torn World are two of the best interactives out there in my opinion, so seeing that someone is carrying the torch now that those stories have been abandoned and writing something with the same sorts of themes & stories is fantastic to see.

I also agree with pretty much everything that's already been said here too. The different plotlines have been really great so far, the biology teacher path is the closest it's come to repetitive so far, and a focus on mixing things up with the pred/prey dynamics is a great way to avoid repetition.

I honestly think your writing is at least on par with the stories that have inspired you too, it's much better than it sounds like you're giving yourself credit for.

Regarding branches and endings for different characters, I think this is something I'd like to see more of. Terrance is also probably the main character I'd like to see more of, but I think writing an ending or two, while leaving a path open to do more with them in the future might be a good approach. Really that might be a good approach for all of the characters. Focus on getting an ending or two for the characters that have already been established while leaving paths open for further development, and then you can decide which ones you want to flesh out and do more with. That's one of the best parts about these kind of interactives, an ending isn't THE end for a character, just one of many.
VigorousJazzHands
Somewhat familiar

Postby kaledeen » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:11 pm

Well, I've added a new story arch. It isn't Terrance, it's a new character named Max, but I had already been working on this one for a couple of months. And guess what? IT HAS AN ENDING!

It took almost 57K words to get there, but it did eventually get there.

I had also been trying to work on shifting the dynamic between pred and prey a bit. Not eager, more resigned... it's sort of willing?
I did also try to make it a bit more varied and less formulaic.
kaledeen
New to the forum

Re: Living in a Vorish World - 353 Pages!

Postby tummyterrors » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:15 am

Really impressed by both the quantity and quality of your writing. F/M is not usually my thing but if it was this would easily be some of my favorite content. Good job!
I love to get feedback on my art~ Don’t be shy, let me know what you think.
tummyterrors
Somewhat familiar

Postby Natolin » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:01 pm

Hiya! Not to rock the boat or rush anything, but is this still being worked on? It’s easily the best interactive I’ve EVER seen and I’m just curious if there’ll ever be more or if this is it.
I'm a thot who feeds off attention... so tell me whatcha think of my stuff! Also I have a DA account :D https://www.deviantart.com/natolinnn2
Natolin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby sothe78 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:36 pm

Love to see this continue as well
sothe78
New to the forum

Postby kaledeen » Thu May 11, 2023 4:59 am

It isn't something that I am still actively working on; I may come back to it intermittently, but my writing has started to feel repetitive to me and some of the other chapters that I've tried writing have been feeling boring to me.

I do have more written, but none of it is finished; is that something you would be interested in reading anyway?
kaledeen
New to the forum

Postby Trying124 » Thu May 11, 2023 8:56 am

kaledeen wrote:It isn't something that I am still actively working on; I may come back to it intermittently, but my writing has started to feel repetitive to me and some of the other chapters that I've tried writing have been feeling boring to me.

I do have more written, but none of it is finished; is that something you would be interested in reading anyway?

Hell yeah! Your stuff is great I'm sure it would be great even if it's unfinished!
Trying124
New to the forum

Postby Shingami » Sat May 13, 2023 11:42 am

Yeah your stories are awesome. Always hoping to see more.
Shingami
New to the forum

Postby kaledeen » Sat May 13, 2023 3:39 pm

I've added another (roughly) 30 chapters; most of them are a continuation of Bernard's storyline after the football game. I hope you guys like it :)
kaledeen
New to the forum

Postby sothe78 » Mon May 15, 2023 3:00 pm

Woohoo an update! Wonderful writing as always.
sothe78
New to the forum

Return to Interactive story