The ability to hide all gallery posts from an artist

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

The ability to hide all gallery posts from an artist

Postby Aces » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:00 am

Spoiler: show
obligatory meme post because it describes how I feel

So real talk I think it's time we added the ability to hide content of an entire artist's gallery from being viewed on the updates page using the same feature of censoring the preview image based on tags as we currently do with the Updates page.

Maybe it's a technical reason why this hasn't happened yet. If there is, then this entire post is invalid and should be locked right away. Just let me know if that's the case and we'll worry about it later.

Otherwise, I'm arguing that the necessity of this feature outweighs the need for exposure to artists. Certain artists consistently post content that certain users might find extremely unpleasant, such as extreme guro, decapitation, rape, or have a generally disturbing art style that some people might not appreciate the aesthetic of.

So here is a screenshot of my current list of things I don't want to see.

Actually, I just added several more, but I'm not going to be arsed to screenshot it again. Yet it seems like every few days I have to add something to it because someone figures out a new word for mutilating someone, molesting a small furry child, or an adult man child soiling their diapers, or some other variant of undesirable thing that I just don't care for. Look, to those who like that sort of thing, if that's what you're into, I'm not here to berate you for it, and I respect that people are usually being courteous by trying to tag their content appropriately. Honestly, they put more effort into adding the correct tags than I do. The problem is that despite this effort, these things still manage to slip through the censors, and I don't necessarily want to block literally every tag that they use. Even if I do, that often still doesn't work when they start using different tags!

Like just because I don't like guro doesn't mean I want to block a post with hard digestion, make sense? It's usually literally one or two artists who consistently post things that make me not want to visit the updates page. I just want to block those artists and call it a day. I have no desire to necessarily block all communication with them by labeling them as "Foes" on the forum because frankly they might be swell people who are just into weird fucked up stuff. I mean, dude, most of us get off to the idea of being eaten alive. Like I'm one to talk. I'm not out here to shame the artists. I, personally, just don't want to see their content.

Also, the supposed feature that links certain tags together really doesn't seem to be working very well. You'll notice several redundant tags in my screenshot because I've had to come up with more of them.

For me, the amount of times I've seen images of women being horrifically cut apart, blended, ripped to shreds, hanged, decapitated, disemboweled, dismembered, had their genitals mutilated, and more that I don't have words to describe, is starting to border on the insane. It's literally just two artists who I inadvertently keep clicking on when they post stuff because I can't see the full image and I normally enjoy browsing the updates page for new artists and new content. I want to see what people have to offer. I don't want to walk out into a fucking minefield every time I open the updates page.

So please, add artist blocking / hiding functionality to the gallery if it's possible.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: The ability to hide all gallery posts from an artist

Postby Eka » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:07 am

Sure we will look into it.
Eka
Administrator

Return to Technical stuff