Image File Type Mismatch

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Image File Type Mismatch

Postby Theguythatdoes » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:58 pm

I might be making a mountain out of a molehill here, but it's infuriating when I'm trying to upload pictures and this pops up.

mismatch.png
mismatch.png (12.34 KiB) Viewed 9706 times

When this happens, I have to go through my files and change the filetype to the "Expected" filetype. Why expect one type of file over the other, and why make a user have to change the filetype if it's not the expected filetype? Why does this happen?
Theguythatdoes
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Image File Type Mismatch

Postby Eka » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:57 pm

Theguythatdoes wrote:I might be making a mountain out of a molehill here, but it's infuriating when I'm trying to upload pictures and this pops up.

mismatch.png

When this happens, I have to go through my files and change the filetype to the "Expected" filetype. Why expect one type of file over the other, and why make a user have to change the filetype if it's not the expected filetype? Why does this happen?

It specified why in your screen shot. "image file type mismatch". Your file type and your extension isn't the same.

The forum doesn't expect a specific extension; it accepts both PNG and JPG, but if you upload a JPG format but use png as the file type extension, it is going to warn you.

Solution: Don't mess up your extension. If the file type is PNG, don't save it as *.jpg. etc. Not really sure why this need to be pointed out.
Eka
Administrator

Return to Technical stuff