Work not appearing in Tag Browsing

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Work not appearing in Tag Browsing

Postby LightDragon » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:08 am

Hello,

A few months ago, I posted a story named "Crimes of the Lion King", with the "Lion King" tag among the tags.
Surprisingly, although the story is still accessible from my directory, it does not appear on the results when I search for the "Lion King" tag. I can still find another story I posted with the "Lion King" tag, so it seems to be specifically an issue with this story, not the tag itself.

Is it an expected behaviour or a bug ?
Here is the story in question, if this is of any help : https://aryion.com/g4/view/610279
LightDragon
Participator

Re: Work not appearing in Tag Browsing

Postby Tyslan03 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:53 am

Tag searching doesnt like any items with an underage tag, even if you dont have those items blacklisted.
Tyslan03
Participator

Postby LightDragon » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:51 am

Yes, that's it, thank you !

Sor for those who have the same problem, it seems that the "underage" tag hides your item from Tag Browsing.
LightDragon
Participator

Postby funsunnydman » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:21 am

I can't find a lot of stories that I'm looking for, and I don't know how else to search for them other than tag browsing, but anything with the underage tag is hidden when searched for, unless you know the author, then you have to look in their gallery I guess. I don't know. This site has become pretty confusing, and also feels like a sad tiny shadow of its former self. Pre purge I mean.
funsunnydman
New to the forum

Postby TheDragonBoy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:46 pm

funsunnydman wrote:I can't find a lot of stories that I'm looking for, and I don't know how else to search for them other than tag browsing, but anything with the underage tag is hidden when searched for, unless you know the author, then you have to look in their gallery I guess. I don't know. This site has become pretty confusing, and also feels like a sad tiny shadow of its former self. Pre purge I mean.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It does bum me out that I can’t search for anything with the “underage” tag. The only way to find those are by going through the user’s gallery or your own favorites. But all things considered I think Eka did a great job handling that whole thing. All those works weren’t “purged” just hidden for a while, that was very important and considerate. And a lot of them are back now. Sure, you can’t search for them, but at least they still exist- and everything you favorited is still in your favorites. The good news is that the watched tags featured *doesn't* exclude the “underage” tag, so you can still catch newly posted content.
TheDragonBoy
Somewhat familiar

Return to Technical stuff