There is currently no way of updating gallery permissions

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

There is currently no way of updating gallery permissions

Postby Aces » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:10 am

Title is rather incomplete. What I mean to say is that there is no way of updating gallery permissions without doing it literally one item at a time.

I would like some kind of functionality wherein I can update all items within a folder and change their view permissions, comment permissions, and tagging permissions all at the same time. Why? Because comment permissions are set to "Registered Users" by default, and sometimes, I'd like to block some of those users for making rude comments in my gallery. The problem is I am forgetful when I upload something and often don't notice those users can still comment until they make another rude one.

Furthermore, "Default Comment Permissions" under my settings page doesn't actually do anything. Everything I post still defaults to all registered users being allowed to comment, including those I have blocked. The checkmark to replace permissions also doesn't work, but in addition to reporting this being broken, I would like an option to do this per folder instead of across my entire gallery. Folder permissions also seem to be ignored when uploading a new item.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: There is currently no way of updating gallery permission

Postby Eka » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:26 am

Thanks for the report we will look into it.
Eka
Administrator

Return to Technical stuff