How do you color your letters in fics posted to a gallery?

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

How do you color your letters in fics posted to a gallery?

Postby Miridium » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:31 am

A fic I have in mind would have a character with dialogue given certain color that I'd rather not reveal for fear of spoiling the surprise.

So how do I color the letters/words?
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: How do you color your letters in fics posted to a galler

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:51 am

It depends on the format in which you are posting. If it is just in the form of a message, you enclose the text to be colored in color tags, like so:
Code: Select all
This is an example of [color=red]red[/color] text.

The use of code tags allows you to see the raw text, of course. Without them, this is the result:

This is an example of red text.

You can also use RGB codes preceded by a # symbol, like so: #FF0000. This is also red.

For more examples, see https://www.bbcode.org/examples/?id=6. As explained there, not all BBCode is supported by all systems that employ it, Eka's Portal included.

If this doesn't answer your question, I'll need to know what file format you intend to use for your gallery stories. I use Microsoft Word 97/2000/XP format (exported from OpenOffice), a format which Eka's G4 gallery software supports quite well. I haven't tried it with colored text, admittedly, but it handles more formatting than I thought it would.

Addendum: I have tried colored text in a Word-formatted gallery story and it works.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: How do you color your letters in fics posted to a galler

Postby sweetladyamy » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:59 pm

Yeah; you usually just highlight the words in any document in any editor aside from the likes of Notepad and it's ilk, and change the various properties of the highlighted text. Now, if you're looking for super-specific usage of this for one program, it's best to ask those who might have knowledge of said program.

Sounds like a generic reply, I know, but there's not a whole lot of specifics to go into without specifics being stated beforehand.
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Return to Technical stuff