Not getting pm notifications

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Not getting pm notifications

Postby jaggedjagd » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:26 pm

I have settings set to receive an e-mail whenever I get a pm here, though lately I've not been receiving them reliably. I checked my spambox, not in there either. Just not getting any.

Weirdest thing is, I changed my e-mail address here recently because this was happening on my previous e-mail as well. (I thought the problem was the mail server itself, it used to be a gmx mail.) I've since changed it to my g-mail address and that worked fine at first, but now it's back to the same problem: Not getting e-mail notifications for pms.

I don't check here daily so it can sometimes take weeks before I see pms I get here, particularly bad when it's about commissions... Any idea how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
jaggedjagd
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Not getting pm notifications

Postby sweetladyamy » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:04 pm

I only get email notifications for post replies, and as far as I can tell, it's always been that way...
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Re: Not getting pm notifications

Postby Eka » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:53 pm

jaggedjagd wrote:I have settings set to receive an e-mail whenever I get a pm here, though lately I've not been receiving them reliably. I checked my spambox, not in there either. Just not getting any.

Weirdest thing is, I changed my e-mail address here recently because this was happening on my previous e-mail as well. (I thought the problem was the mail server itself, it used to be a gmx mail.) I've since changed it to my g-mail address and that worked fine at first, but now it's back to the same problem: Not getting e-mail notifications for pms.

Generally speaking this forum has no problem delivering to gmail account. Though gmail still filter based on individual preference with their spam and there really isn't a straight forward way to figure out what exactly happened. Check the whitelist instruction in the FAQ would be one of the first step. See if that help. And if it doesn't you should just PM me for extra instruction that is specific to your account.

sweetladyamy wrote:I only get email notifications for post replies, and as far as I can tell, it's always been that way...

No that is not true. It is in your setting under user control panel at the top left. You can set "Notify me on new private messages" to Yes, and that is by e-mail.
Eka
Administrator

Return to Technical stuff