Best way to post new material on this site?

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Best way to post new material on this site?

Postby Miridium » Tue May 14, 2019 12:41 pm

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this but...
I'm planning on tossing my hat into the writing ring now that I've got some ideas organized and fics on the way.
My question is where's the best place to post them so that I can test the waters? Also where's the best place to post fics in general?
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Best way to post new material on this site?

Postby ItsSongxing » Tue May 14, 2019 2:52 pm

The best place to post your stuff is on the gallery. You get one by PMing Eka and showing an example of your work. You upload the fic files directly; it's not like Fanfiction or AO3 where you can type them on the site itself. .RTF works the best when it comes to preserving formatting, though I've heard that .DOC (not .DOCX) works as well.

Some use the forum for the purposes of posting stories/artwork/manips, but I find it inferior to the gallery. Stories aren't as easily separated & found, tags don't exist, and there aren't as many ways to gauge user feedback.
ItsSongxing
Participator

Postby Peptidase » Wed May 15, 2019 2:29 am

If you aren't too keen on starting a gallery just yet for whatever reason you can always post in the Work To Be Shared forum. You can upload files as attachments to posts if you want, or you can just copy/paste directly into the comment. I personally liked to write out the the title and synopsis and "tags" and then have the story hidden by a spoiler tag so it wasn't cluttering up the page, although that all was just personal preference. It's one post per user, so keep that in mind if you're planning on posting multiple things.
30,000 words in half finished stories and counting!
Peptidase
Participator

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Wed May 15, 2019 7:42 am

In my experience, posting stories in the gallery in Microsoft Word 97/2000/XP format (.doc) works best. For more details (including important privacy settings!), see my blog post, “How I Work”.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Technical stuff