What is a mention on the gallery?

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

What is a mention on the gallery?

Postby Dele02b62862 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:06 pm

So some guy mentioned some of the stuff in my gallery yesterday, and that has never happened before so I don't know what a mention is on the gallery?
Dele02b62862
Somewhat familiar

Re: What is a mention on the gallery?

Postby ItsSongxing » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:38 pm

A "Mention" typically takes place when a user makes an icon link to your page on Eka's in their description. For instance, if you were to put :iconItsSongxing: in one of your descriptions, it would be a mention for me.

However, odds are you just got a mention from an account named "System". This is because some of your works had been part of the underage purge, so this is basically the site alerting you to the fact that you can now view your own content and see if it conforms to the new Rule 19. Currently, all that content is only viewable to you, so you will have to make any underage stories and non-sexually explicit underage vore images viewable to "All Registered users". You can do this by going into "Edit" just below the item, and changing "View Permissions".

Hope this helped!
ItsSongxing
Participator

Re: What is a mention on the gallery?

Postby sweetladyamy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:18 pm

ItsSongxing wrote:A "Mention" typically takes place when a user makes an icon link to your page on Eka's in their description. For instance, if you were to put :iconItsSongxing: in one of your descriptions, it would be a mention for me.

Thank you; I was wondering how that worked. I even asked a few people but never got a straight answer, or one at all, lol
Amyrakunejo, Heiress of Purity

Philosophical Pagan Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer Lesbian Metalhead Chick
sweetladyamy
---

Return to Technical stuff