Searching chat profiles for multiple words

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Searching chat profiles for multiple words

Postby maleperduis » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:18 pm

So, using the Find > Search Profiles feature with a single word seemingly works as expected- it shows all the profiles containing just that word. But once you add multiple words separated by a space, the behaviour is a little odd. I expected it to be an "and" (i.e. show all profiles with word a AND word b), but instead it seems more like an "or"... except possibly not exactly that, either? There also doesn't seem to be any ordering by match strength, so profiles matching multiple words don't get ordered before profiles matching a single word.

Is there any notation (commas, speech marks, etc.) that will make the search do closer to what I want? Or does that functionality just not exist in the chat? If the latter, please file this thread under "feature request"!
maleperduis
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Searching chat profiles for multiple words

Postby Eka » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:29 pm

There is no match strength. Everything is the same strength, and it is always "or" not "and".

You can use minus "-" to filter out a word that you don't want to help narrow it down, but at the moment that is all that I can think of. You can also use the quote " " to match the whole phase, but that is it for the moment.
Eka
Administrator

Re: Searching chat profiles for multiple words

Postby maleperduis » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:06 pm

Okay, thanks for the swift response! In that case, as I said please consider ranked/and-based matching as a feature request.
maleperduis
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Technical stuff