HTML Help!

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

HTML Help!

Postby delete8234b » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:41 pm

I'm trying to figure out how I can make particular blocks of text in HTML always appear a certain way. For example, if I have a particular <p> section I want to be, say, italic and center on the page, how do I set it up so only that part will look like that and not every <p>? Also, does CSS work when uploading a file as a story? How and where do you put the CSS code for it?
delete8234b
Somewhat familiar

Re: HTML Help!

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:53 pm

Ummm…while I can dust off my CSS knowledge and answer that, why in blazes would one want to use HTML and CSS to write a story for the G4 gallery used by Eka's? Are you doing formatting that a simple Word 97/2000/XP format file can't handle? And if so, why?
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: HTML Help!

Postby Disable » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:02 am

I'm not sure why you'd want to use CSS for this either (or if that's even possible), but to answer your question; use id, class or style attributes.
The first two let you refer to specific elements in your CSS file, while style lets you apply CSS properties to an element directly.

Your example would look like this:
<p style="font-style: italic; text-align: center;"></p>
Disable
Participator

Return to Technical stuff