Our Chat on Mobile

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Our Chat on Mobile

Postby TimObberon » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:01 pm

Hello!

Curious question.. has anyone found a way to use the chat on a mobile device without it disconnecting you on Android? If you keep your browsing app open and you are on a chat tab everything is fine. If you swap to another app or lock your phone you are certain to lose connection to the chat. Has anyone found a way around this on mobile, is there a browser or app that avoids this behavior somehow?

Thanks!
TimObberon
Been posting for a bit

Re: Our Chat on Mobile

Postby Supeario » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:44 pm

I think it disconnects users from the app because when you leave the web browser app on a smart phone it's pretty much suspending the app where it is instead of continuing in the background, because of it being suspended like this it causes the chat on the server to desync with the chat on the client. Personally I don't know what browser you would be looking for but depending on your Android device there MAY be a developer setting to allow apps to continue running in the background. Best of luck to you.
Supeario
New to the forum

Postby TimObberon » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:22 am

You are correct, its resource management. Just looking to see if anyone had a clever work around, as of now it doesnt matter which browser I use.
TimObberon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Supeario » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:13 pm

On my Android tablet, there's a feature called "Pop-up View" where it allows basically multiple windows open on the same screen, it also has a button (Two arrows pointing to each other) where you can shrink the window down to a small circle you can drag around the screen, which does not suspend the app. I do not know if this feature is on phones, but it's worth a look, you can do it by sliding your finger from a top-corner of the screen towards the center. It only works on certain apps, though, unless you have Android Oreo, where all apps are supposedly compatible with pop-up view.
Supeario
New to the forum

Postby TimObberon » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:06 pm

Firefox Focus manages resources in such a way that the chat will stay connected on Android not so much on Apple.
TimObberon
Been posting for a bit

Postby TimObberon » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:38 am

Bumping this topic, as it has been awhile since this was posted.. and this is still a challenge. :)
TimObberon
Been posting for a bit

Return to Technical stuff