Gallery Upload - Writing

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Re: Gallery Upload - Writing

Postby MPennanti » Sun May 28, 2017 8:34 pm

Augh, I just noticed this. The lack of empty lines make things basically unreadable to me.

Compare

New: https://aryion.com/g4/view/398002
Old: https://aryion.com/g4/view/344658

I can fix it pretty easily though by adding a rule to the paragraph tag like min-height: 1em;

Any chance we can get this added to the site's embedded css for docx?
Attachments
p-tag-fix.PNG
a simple fix
MPennanti
New to the forum

Postby TETRO » Mon May 29, 2017 8:40 am

I can confirm that this works well. I was going to mention that you'd need to test the change elsewhere, but then I realized it's inline style anyway. It's probably generated with PHP so wherever that script is, that's probably where they'll need to make the change.

I personally wouldn't be using inline style like that, but I've never used phpBB before, so I have no idea how much flexibility they have with it.
"Be polite,
be professional,
but have a plan to eat everyone you meet."

-The Predator's Handbook
TETRO
Participator

Postby Aces » Tue May 30, 2017 3:08 am

This style also appears to be deleting extra line breaks, which is incredibly obnoxious when I want to do line breaks on purpose to visualize a timeskip.

I am not 100% sure right now, but it seems to be doing that.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby seducingangel » Wed May 31, 2017 12:47 pm

I've noticed with the RTF formatting (which appears to hold most of the formatting correctly) that some of the tabs will display, but others will not. For example I tab each paragraph I write. Well, the first quarter and last quarter will not be tabbed, but the middle half will be when I upload my story. It seems to be quite an interesting issue.
seducingangel
New to the forum

Postby Aces » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:07 pm

Aces wrote:This style also appears to be deleting extra line breaks, which is incredibly obnoxious when I want to do line breaks on purpose to visualize a timeskip.

I am now 100% sure this is happening, and it's upsetting me. Is this ever going to be corrected? Because it completely breaks the flow of most of my stories.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Eka » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:15 pm

Aces wrote:
Aces wrote:This style also appears to be deleting extra line breaks, which is incredibly obnoxious when I want to do line breaks on purpose to visualize a timeskip.

I am now 100% sure this is happening, and it's upsetting me. Is this ever going to be corrected? Because it completely breaks the flow of most of my stories.

Sure we will look into it.
Eka
Administrator

Postby IvesBentonEaton » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:34 pm

I find that you get best results with Microsoft Word uploads for gallery stories. You do not actually need Word; download OpenOffice (it is free) and work in that, then make a Word 97/2000/XP export file of your story and upload that. It has worked perfectly for me from my very first story.
Come and hear the Tales of a Visceral Voyager
If you don’t, Zōēā’s poor snake will go hungry.
You wouldn’t want that, would you? :(
IvesBentonEaton
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Eka » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:31 am

The extra line break should be fixed for now.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Eupeptic » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:05 am

Not sure if it's related to this change, but:

Thumbnails of at least some PDF files appear to be broken. Example: https://aryion.com/g4/latest/sabrina_diamond - their most recent "Misako's adventures" stories (from 2 Dec 2017). The thumbnail is getting the raw content of the PDF (the thumbnail starts with "%PDF-1.5"), rather than the text extracted from the PDF. If I click on the thumbnail and go to the story page, I get a note that says "can't preview in browser, click to download". Clicking that link works fine; I get the PDF of the story and can read it.

I looked through the last day or so of "latest submissions" and didn't find another one like that, so I am not sure if it is happening to some PDFs, all PDFs, or what.

I am using Firefox 52.5.0 on Linux.

Thanks!

Eupeptic
I've done no harm, I keep to myself. There's nothing wrong with my, state of mental health. -- Men At Work, "Who Can It Be Now?"
Eupeptic
Official Molecule

Postby Eka » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:08 am

Eupeptic wrote:Not sure if it's related to this change, but:

Thumbnails of at least some PDF files appear to be broken. Example: https://aryion.com/g4/latest/sabrina_diamond - their most recent "Misako's adventures" stories (from 2 Dec 2017). The thumbnail is getting the raw content of the PDF (the thumbnail starts with "%PDF-1.5"), rather than the text extracted from the PDF. If I click on the thumbnail and go to the story page, I get a note that says "can't preview in browser, click to download". Clicking that link works fine; I get the PDF of the story and can read it.

I looked through the last day or so of "latest submissions" and didn't find another one like that, so I am not sure if it is happening to some PDFs, all PDFs, or what.

I am using Firefox 52.5.0 on Linux.

Thanks!

Eupeptic

We have never had PDF support. It is a pure file only. No embedded viewer or thumbnail parsing.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Eupeptic » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:35 am

Eka wrote:We have never had PDF support. It is a pure file only. No embedded viewer or thumbnail parsing.

OK, makes sense. Sorry for the false alarm.

Eupeptic
I've done no harm, I keep to myself. There's nothing wrong with my, state of mental health. -- Men At Work, "Who Can It Be Now?"
Eupeptic
Official Molecule

Previous

Return to Technical stuff