g4 :: Gallery Upgrade Landmark

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Re: g4 :: Gallery Upgrade Landmark

Postby Gulsumeyre » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:55 pm

Leshana wrote:
darkflame8 wrote:I have noticed that when on the front page the words in the warning go off the page a a scroll bar appears on the bottom of the page. These horizontal scroll bars also appear in the gallery under comments and descriptions that are to long to fit on the page. The forum however is completely fine. Is this an issue with the system or could it be that I'm using IE8? If it is the latter I'll just have to deal with it as upgrading to IE8 was a nightmare for me and I'm sure the IE9 will be worse.

Please post a screenshot. I haven't seen this happen even in IE8 unless you have an extremely low resolution.

Same for me too.

IE8 version: 8.0.6001.18702
WinXPsp3
Resolution 1920x1080

Zoom @ 50%. 100% looks the same, only bigger.

Eka main 1920x1080.JPG
IE8 version: 8.0.6001.18702 WinXPsp3

(Looks the same on a 1280x1024 monitor.)

edit.
After posting this, the main page was normal.
Made a screenshot.
Refreshed, and it's broken again.
Strange.
Eka normal 1280x1024.JPG

edit 2.
Compability mode fixes the forum part of main page, but not the warning text.
Gulsumeyre
New to the forum

Postby Eka » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:15 am

Gulsumeyre wrote:IE8 version: 8.0.6001.18702
WinXPsp3
Resolution 1920x1080

Zoom @ 50%. 100% looks the same, only bigger.

edit 2.
Compability mode fixes the forum part of main page, but not the warning text.

Front page is not part of g4, but thanks for the comment. Those will be fixed when front page get a renovation.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Mombo » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:50 am

New engine is awesome, but please, make thumbnails larger. Small thumbnails are not informative.
Mombo
New to the forum

Postby Gulsumeyre » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:06 am

Eka wrote:Front page is not part of g4, but thanks for the comment. Those will be fixed when front page get a renovation.

OK. The behavior started when the new gallery was introduced, so I thought it was connected.

edit.
The missing line breaks seems to happen in the gallery too.
http://aryion.com/g4/view/205672
Attachments
httparyion.comg4view205672.JPG
http://aryion.com/g4/view/205672
Gulsumeyre
New to the forum

Postby YuriFan » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:55 pm

One thing I have noticed about the gallery upgrade which I quite dislike is how the artist's name of the work is attached to the beginning of the file when you download it and then the item # as well.

I have no problems with the artists' name being attached to the saved file name but that gallery item # is really annoying because it makes it impossible to alphabetize the author's work without stripping it out first. It would work fine if it was appended to the end of the file's name.
YuriFan
Participator

Postby Yoshi » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:49 am

I was wondering if the new gallery was going to support Cooliris like the old one? It's a nice feature that makes browsing quick and easy.
Yoshi
Participator

Postby Paradox » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:08 am

I wanted to ask if it's possible to upload Thumbnails with invisible Background.

If i try to upload such it always makes an black background automatically.
In case of my Gallery i wanted to add some More Stylish folder Icons though^^

Even if invisible background might not be possible, adding thumbnail folders is still an awesome option :3
Attachments
example.PNG
You're welcome to visit my Gallery here on Ekas :3
(just click on the dancing girl)
Paradox
---

Postby deletedaccount505 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:51 am

Is it possible like Deviantart to show both who have downloaded and favorites our works?

I ask for reference purposes. So many folks will favorite something and I may delete the notification, later I would want to thank them for favoriting, but b/c the notification is gone I can't.
"It doesn't matter who you are on the outside, but it does matter who you have digesting inside."

deletedaccount505
???

Postby Shryland » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:46 am

I think I remember there being some kind of announcement for Tags. If there wasn't one, my apologies, it's currently 4:30 in the morning and I'm can't remember anything at the moment. Any who, the point of my message was this. I am having a little issue with the tags when I submit a new picture. I like the idea of having common tags on a "short cut " list when you type it into the tag box. Sorry if that's not the correct term, again it's 4:30 in the morning. My issue is that the short cut list seems to be getting in my way when I try to copy and paste tags from a previous picture. Before G4, I could just copy, paste, and then separate them. When I try doing this now, it keeps wanting me to choose the correct tag from a list when the tag correctly spelled, the list doesn't go away. When I try separate my tags, it brings up the short cut list, I press enter to "select the correct word" and then it erases all the tags I have after that. I'm not in anyway wanting to suggest this short cut system be removed, it's a really cool idea. It's just, is there anyway to tinker with the program so when I spell the tag out correctly, the list will disappear??

I hope this made enough sense for you (who ever is gonna read this), and thank you for your time reading this message.
Shryland
Somewhat familiar

Postby Eka » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:36 am

New engine is awesome, but please, make thumbnails larger. Small thumbnails are not informative.

The thumbnail are pretty standard size over the internet. For now, check the description, or check the tags if you need more information on the item.

I was wondering if the new gallery was going to support Cooliris like the old one? It's a nice feature that makes browsing quick and easy.

It might happen later

I wanted to ask if it's possible to upload Thumbnails with invisible Background.

We will look into that.

Is it possible like Deviantart to show both who have downloaded and favorites our works?

Should be possible sometime down the line

I think I remember there being some kind of announcement for Tags. If there wasn't one, my apologies, it's currently 4:30 in the morning and I'm can't remember anything at the moment. Any who, the point of my message was this. I am having a little issue with the tags when I submit a new picture. I like the idea of having common tags on a "short cut " list when you type it into the tag box. Sorry if that's not the correct term, again it's 4:30 in the morning. My issue is that the short cut list seems to be getting in my way when I try to copy and paste tags from a previous picture. Before G4, I could just copy, paste, and then separate them. When I try doing this now, it keeps wanting me to choose the correct tag from a list when the tag correctly spelled, the list doesn't go away. When I try separate my tags, it brings up the short cut list, I press enter to "select the correct word" and then it erases all the tags I have after that. I'm not in anyway wanting to suggest this short cut system be removed, it's a really cool idea. It's just, is there anyway to tinker with the program so when I spell the tag out correctly, the list will disappear??

You can also use comma to separate tag now. So if you are copy and pasting into the box, you can just add comma first!
Eka
Administrator

Postby Shryland » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:24 pm

Eka wrote:You can also use comma to separate tag now. So if you are copy and pasting into the box, you can just add comma first!

That should help out a lot actually, I'll give her a shot. Thanks :)
Shryland
Somewhat familiar

Postby ichbinich » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:06 pm

Eka wrote:
Now there artist that don't group there comics, now I'm not sure what can be done to improve that situation, maybe something smilar to new add Tags artowrk/story feature can be used. Then it would need approval by community, artist or admin.

They can arrange their folder with a drag and drop interface now. It is up to them to moves around. But it is much easier for them to do so.

I'm probably an idiot for asking this, but how exactly does the drag & drop interface work?
ichbinich
SHARK!

Postby Paradox » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:16 pm

ichbinich wrote:I'm probably an idiot for asking this, but how exactly does the drag & drop interface work?

Go Into your Gallery and click the option "Folder View" on the right side, next to the Edit option :P

Great addition, i too wanna thx for all your efforts Eka & Leshana :3
Paradox
---

Postby leeter » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:19 pm

RSS from updates seems to not be working
leeter
New to the forum

Postby Leshana » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:09 pm

Paradox wrote:I wanted to ask if it's possible to upload Thumbnails with invisible Background.
Even if invisible background might not be possible, adding thumbnail folders is still an awesome option :3

I have changed the thumbnail creation code, it will now preserve transparency on .gif files. It will also preserve .png files which are 100x100 or smaller.
Leshana
Apex-Predator

Postby Paradox » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:54 am

Leshana wrote:
Paradox wrote:I wanted to ask if it's possible to upload Thumbnails with invisible Background.

I have changed the thumbnail creation code, it will now preserve transparency on .gif files. It will also preserve .png files which are 100x100 or smaller.

Thanks very much^^
Paradox
---

Postby Leshana » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:15 pm

leeter wrote:RSS from updates seems to not be working

What RSS? Where is this alleged RSS?
Leshana
Apex-Predator

Postby Kadaj823 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:27 pm

RE: PS3 Browser.

Even if it's only a 'bit better', it's made all the difference for me. Very grateful. Many thanks. :3
Kadaj823
New to the forum

Postby FurryOfFury » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:31 pm

Just a small thing... When adding a "New Item" the item window appears partially off screen to the left. I noticed I can move said window but not past the right border of the screen.

Other flaws I attribute to the poor connection I'm using at the moment.
FurryOfFury
---

Location: Pondering the world from high above in the pouch of Max, the magical green kangaroo.

Postby Teruyo » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:40 pm

The "Expand" button on stories seems to not do anything.
Teruyo
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Technical stuff