Seeking roleplay forum question thread

News for this website will be posted here. Mostly Technical.
Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion regarding the portal and vore itself.

Generally speaking, if you have something that needs moderator attention, you should simply Private message Eka. That includes any bug report, error report, violation report, outage report, suggestion, feature request. Etc.

Most topics will be locked as soon as they are acknowledged. Due to the nature that not many people can do anything regarding a technical issue. In that case, if you need something unlocked for any reason. Feel free to message Eka directly.

Seeking roleplay forum question thread

Postby Eka » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:55 pm

Since seeking roleplay forum is set to no reply now, the question for the seeking roleplay forum rule can be asked here
Eka
Administrator

Re: Seeking roleplay forum question thread

Postby Bannor » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:12 am

Oh, good! I was trying to comment in the other one and found I couldn't. :oops:

I had a question concerning what is now Rule #3 -
3) Reply by private message only!

I understand where this is coming from, but what about clarifications within the thread? Occasionally I may have a question, and often it gets asked by others in the thread, so I don't need to repeat it. And other times, questions and/or comments are added that help clarify whether I'm interested in contacting the person at all. If 20 people have the same question, it could be dealt with in one post in the thread, instead of the Originator receiving 20 separate PMs. Again, I understand the reasoning for wanting to tighten up the conversations in this area, but could consideration be given to loosening them for the point of clarifying?
Bannor
???

Postby Eka » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:17 am

Bannor wrote:I understand where this is coming from, but what about clarifications within the thread? Occasionally I may have a question, and often it gets asked by others in the thread, so I don't need to repeat it. And other times, questions and/or comments are added that help clarify whether I'm interested in contacting the person at all. If 20 people have the same question, it could be dealt with in one post in the thread, instead of the Originator receiving 20 separate PMs.

If they got a question they have been answered many times, they should edit their seeking roleplay thread to reflect that.

So for another word, it shouldn't matter if you pm them. In fact, pm them will improve the quality of the topic.

Again, I understand the reasoning for wanting to tighten up the conversations in this area, but could consideration be given to loosening them for the point of clarifying?

We have been trying that in the past. We can't seem to stop people from making unnecessary remark. If you have a better alternative feel free to suggest.
Eka
Administrator

Postby prisoner » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:40 am

So if you want to bump your RP thread...
prisoner
---

Postby Eka » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:41 am

prisoner wrote:So if you want to bump your RP thread...

You read the rule for the instruction!
Eka
Administrator

Postby Mirukani » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:33 pm

I've noticed that, whenever someone bumps their thread in the Seeking RP forum now, the "new messages" icon doesn't light up from the forum index. Since I look for those icons to determine whether or not to go into certain subforums, it's somewhat frustrating. Is there a way to change that?
Mirukani
---

Postby Eka » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:49 pm

Mirukani wrote:I've noticed that, whenever someone bumps their thread in the Seeking RP forum now, the "new messages" icon doesn't light up from the forum index. Since I look for those icons to determine whether or not to go into certain subforums, it's somewhat frustrating. Is there a way to change that?

Try subscribe to the forum
Eka
Administrator

Postby John » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:31 pm

This change to the forums is good. Back before when people could respond, a LFRP post could go from the top to the very bottom in the time of a couple days. As well, no more idiot necro LFRP threads clogging things up.
John
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Mirukani » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:17 am

According to the automated script at the bottom of my post, I last bumped my LFRP thread eight days ago, but there isn't a bump icon at the bottom of the page yet. :/
Mirukani
---

Postby John » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:19 pm

I am experiencing the same problem as Mirukani.
John
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Eka » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:50 pm

I'm looking into that issue right now.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Eka » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:22 pm

Seem like those issue should be fixed.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Sparky » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:45 pm

Looks like people are able to reply to topics there again...
Sparky
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mirukani » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:15 pm

Sparky wrote:Looks like people are able to reply to topics there again...

No, I think what's happening is that the bump ability only affects the very last post made. Not everyone wants their LFRP thread cleaned up, so if someone else was the last to post in the topic before the forum was locked to replies, it does kind of look like someone replied.
Mirukani
---

Postby Slime and Snails » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:32 am

I can't bump it either.
[center]Image

"A cosmos without the Doctor scarcely bears thinking about."[/center]
Slime and Snails
Been posting for a bit

Postby Nerva » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:50 pm

Okay, I can confirm that replies are still disabled (as they should be since the rule change), and that bumping is possible using the "bump thread" icon at the very bottom of the page. Slime and Snails, I noticed your thread was bumped about 8 minutes after your post here; I guess that means you're not having problems anymore, right?

One thing I've noticed that's weird is that my thread has stopped counting my edits since it was cleaned up. I think I might know why; the edit counter doesn't get added or incremented unless a post has replies following it. Since my thread had replies and now doesn't, the existing edit counter remains, but won't be incremented any further.

It also seems to incorrectly report the last time the post was edited for the same reason; it only reports the last time the edit counter was incremented, despite being edited several times since then after being cleaned up.

Anyway, long story short, if get your thread cleaned up for the free bump, and you notice some weird goings-on with edit counters, post creation date, and the like? Don't worry about it. Everything's fine, there's no cause for alarm.
Nerva
???

Postby Jaitsu » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:06 am

Question/suggestion: Can we start having new thread creators add a "(FUR)" or "(HMN)", etc. tag at the end of their thread title if it doesn't already clarify what their character is? It's kind of annoying to read through an entire thread and get your hopes up only to find that they play as something you won't play with/vice versa? Could even be a dual thing, to say what they play as and what they'll play with (e.g. (FUR/ALL) or (HMN/HMN)), since it's also irritating when I read a thread and don't find out until the very end that they won't play with furs.
Jaitsu
New to the forum

Postby crushxtreame » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:38 am

i just have 1 question i want to have a rp mentor where do i post a request?
crushxtreame
Participator

Postby Nerva » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:07 pm

crushxtreame wrote:i just have 1 question i want to have a rp mentor where do i post a request?

Just make a thread in Seeking Partner, and have it mention that you're new to RP and would like a mentor to help you out. Just remember that it's subject to the same rules as all other Seeking Partner threads.
Nerva
???

Postby Avios » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:29 pm

I has one. Is it at all possible to add pictures to an RP thread? I would usually use the upload attachment function, but it doesn't appear to be there.
"Just by existing outside of my gut, you will never be forgiven. Just by not being mine from the second you first drew breath, you’re judged guilty.”

Stories~
Avios
Been posting for a bit

Next

Return to Technical stuff