Best RPG systems for vore that aren't DND?

This board is for forum based vore roleplay of all type!

Best RPG systems for vore that aren't DND?

Postby Gutlover » Fri May 28, 2021 9:20 pm

As much as I love DND, it can really only do medieval fantasy. Which is fine, but I like variety. What are some other systems you like using? Are there any examples for vore based rules on them?

My list of RPGs I'm considering using are:

GURPS

BRP/CTHULHU

FATE

Mutants and Masterminds

D20 MODERN

Traveler for space themes? Does it even have a swallow hole mechanic?
Gutlover
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Best RPG systems for vore that aren't DND?

Postby Aleph-Null » Sun May 30, 2021 12:02 pm

Hello,

I have played in VRPGs in a few systems, as well as played a ton of table top RPGs over the years.

Most systems will be able to handle vore. There are some rules lite systems that are going to struggle describing it, but in general I don't think that this should be a major consideration.

Your primary consideration should probably be how the game plays with your desired communication tools, and how well the game does with your desired play style. What I mean by communication tools is what platform you are running the game on. Play by post, live text based, voice, etc.. Some game systems slow down a lot when using text, Game mechanics like reactions require giving time for people to make a decision in the middle of an action and will basically kill PBP, but you usually won't have that issue with voice. The second thing to consider is how well the rule set works for the game play you are trying to produce. Call of Cthulhu isn't going to describe a DND type adventure well because it doesn't have character power creep. DND can't do Call of Cthulhu because it does have power creep. If you want a game where getting shot with a gun is a big deal, don't use a system where characters gain HP per level.

You are further limited by what players know and what they are willing to learn. DND and pathfinder are used a primarily because you can get players for them. (Well, an SRD doesn't hurt)

I would recommend that you pick a genre first, get a group together that is interested in that, figure out how you are going to play, then pick a system based on what everyone is willing to do. This will be hugely impacted by who is GMing. if the GM doesn't know a system, they probably aren't going to run it.

To my knowledge all of the above systems have had vore games run in them except Traveler and BRP, and I think both Traveler and BRP could handle vore without issue. That being said, in any system you are going to have to write your own vore rules. Even where a swallow whole mechanic exists, it probably will not be balanced for player use.

I would add Ultramodern5 to the above list. Ultramodern5 is essentially D20 Modern, but based off of 5E. This should allow you to draw some people that are only familiar with 5E. It has rules for a good range of Sci-Fi.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Best RPG systems for vore that aren't DND?

Postby Gutlover » Sun May 30, 2021 4:45 pm

Thanks. I honestly mostly play solo, usually with the Mythic Game Master Emulator. And I tend to use table top programs like Foundry VTT, or Fantasy Grounds.

I do know that BRP has some vore in it. There are a couple Cthulhu monsters that can absorb you.

Yeah, I suppose it is a good idea to a pick a genre first. In which case I tend to lean towards horror or scifi.

Hmm, I wonder if I could do something with Traveler, like keeping it's space rules, but using ultramodern for combat instead? Traveler really appeals to me, I like the thought of battling aliens that can swallow you.

Edit: Theres also Prime Directive. A star trek d20 game (a gurps version is also available) that looks easier too run than Traveller. It doesn't have a swallow mechanic, but I can easily convert DnDs rules into it. Plus being d20 means it's compatible with Ultramodern.
Gutlover
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Vore Roleplay