Looking for Pathfinder game (Closed)

This board is for forum based vore roleplay of all type!

Looking for Pathfinder game (Closed)

Postby Angery » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:40 am

I'd love to participate in a game of Pathfinder using the VSRD vore ruleset: https://aryion.com/forum/download/file.php?id=197757 , as this seems like the most well thought out ruleset I've seen. I have noone to ask so putting together a group here is my best choice. I've never played pathfinder before but I am familiar with both 5th ed DnD and Shadowrun so learning the new system won't be an issue.

My preferences are for a very heavy, if possible exclusive focus on female predators both anthro and feral. The only things I absolutely do not want to see are disposal or CV.

Know any groups like this or want to put together a group with shared tastes? I'd prefer this to be kept somewhat anonymous and text based over Roll20 or something similarly built for table top RPG.

Update: Currently have two players other than myself interested, but noone is willing or able to DM among us. If you'd like to DM a pathfinder campaign, please get in touch :)

Update 2 (March 4th): still no offers to run the game, if it helps the loosely prospective schedule is on a North American timeframe. Please get in touch via reply or private message and we can work something out, I won't bite. :silly:

Update 3: A DM position has been worked out and we have been proceeding forward with our small group, no further openings are available.
Last edited by Angery on Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
what?
Angery
Been posting for a bit

Re: Looking for Pathfinder game

Postby Abelus » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:49 am

I'm interested if there is still a room. I sent you a PM
Abelus
Been posting for a bit

Re: Looking for Pathfinder game (DM Wanted)

Postby Aleph-Null » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:43 pm

Hello Angery,

Are you trying to play PF1 or PF2?

Also, why the focus on PF over 5e?
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Angery » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:17 pm

Aleph-Null wrote:Hello Angery,

Are you trying to play PF1 or PF2?

Also, why the focus on PF over 5e?

I'm assuming PF1 and PF2 are representing different edition of the game. I would think PF2 is ideal unless it's like the Dark Heresy system which was very much dumbed down from first to second edition.

As for why I want to focus on Pathfinder over 5th edition, while I am comfortable with 5th ed, it is still relatively new and doesn't have a wealth of content already made for it (in the event the DM cannot homebrew an adventure on the spot) and I haven't seen a Vore addon that seems as understandable and well put together as the VSRD addon for PF.
what?
Angery
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aleph-Null » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:26 pm

I definitely think there is a lot of content out there for 5e. But I agree that there is a ton more for PF1.

The reason I asked was because the games each feel very different. Relative to 5e, PF1 feels very crunchy. Where as in 5e many effects grant advantage, in PF1 advantage isn't a thing, and the same effects grant numerical bonuses. Bonuses of two different types stack (as well as un-typed bonuses). The result is you can build up giant stacks of bonuses that just isn't possible in 5e. PF2 plays different than both 5e and PF1, I have been told that it is much more similar to 4e, PF1 content wont work with it.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Angery » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:20 am

Aleph-Null wrote:I definitely think there is a lot of content out there for 5e. But I agree that there is a ton more for PF1.

The reason I asked was because the games each feel very different. Relative to 5e, PF1 feels very crunchy. Where as in 5e many effects grant advantage, in PF1 advantage isn't a thing, and the same effects grant numerical bonuses. Bonuses of two different types stack (as well as un-typed bonuses). The result is you can build up giant stacks of bonuses that just isn't possible in 5e. PF2 plays different than both 5e and PF1, I have been told that it is much more similar to 4e, PF1 content wont work with it.

I'm assuming VSRD was built for PF1 then since PF2 came out very recently. And if PF2 wants to act like 4e which confused itself with a wargame instead of an rpg than PF1 it is. Crunch isn't really a bad thing, I'm currently playing in a 3rd ed Shadowrun campaign, as a rigger, so crunch doesn't scare me. I've gone through Lost Mines of Phandelver like... 3-4 times now and I don't want to do it again, which is why I prefer a homebrewed campaign experience (also makes metagaming harder), but even if that's not an option for whatever reason I'd prefer the system with loads more pre-written stuff to use.

Anyway, you offering to take the DM's chair or just curious?
what?
Angery
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aleph-Null » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:59 am

As far as I am aware, no one has run a PF2 vore game in this community, and as such there are no rules for it.

I didn't mean to suggest that crunch was bad, there is a reason why PF1 is so popular, the games just feel different.

I do really like the focuses you outlined, but unfortunately I can't commit to DMing. I just don't have enough time to commit to DMing right now.

I was asking because some times people will be looking to set up a game based on the home brew rules that they have found, rather than the home brew rules that are available (There are several rule sets for vore for 3e PF1 and 5e, and there is even a rule set for 4e.) If that was the case, I was going to try to hunt down rules for you.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Angery » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:40 am

Aleph-Null wrote:As far as I am aware, no one has run a PF2 vore game in this community, and as such there are no rules for it.

I didn't mean to suggest that crunch was bad, there is a reason why PF1 is so popular, the games just feel different.

I do really like the focuses you outlined, but unfortunately I can't commit to DMing. I just don't have enough time to commit to DMing right now.

I was asking because some times people will be looking to set up a game based on the home brew rules that they have found, rather than the home brew rules that are available (There are several rule sets for vore for 3e PF1 and 5e, and there is even a rule set for 4e.) If that was the case, I was going to try to hunt down rules for you.

Oh I've definitely hunted around for rulesets, found them for 5e, 3e, and Path, but I never knew of one for 4e. Out of the ones I've seen however, this one seems the best so far https://aryion.com/forum/download/file.php?id=197757
what?
Angery
Been posting for a bit

Return to Vore Roleplay