[PF] Vore Survival Campaign (Ongoing) (Looking for prey)

This board is for forum based vore roleplay of all type!

[PF] Vore Survival Campaign (Ongoing) (Looking for prey)

Postby EtPerMun » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:57 am

Some of you might remember Dark Pinkie's Pathfinder survival campaign from two years back. I've been wanting to GM a similar campaign of my own for quite a while now, and as we are now taking an extended break from the still-ongoing campaign that that topic spawned, we figured this would be a good time to do so. Nonetheless, there are several important differences between his campaign and mine.

Firstly, my campaign is trying to be as realistic about vore as is feasible within the constraints presented by Pathfinder. Hence, same-size vore isn't really a thing, and any creatures no specialized for it can only vore things a lot smaller than they are. Also, vore is somewhat de-fetishized within the campaign. Preds eat preys because, well, you gotta eat, and preys try to avoid being eaten, cause death sucks. What the players think about their character's actions is obviously up to them :wink: Logical vore necessitates both rules somewhat different from the VSRD, and special predator races for any sentient predator. Secondly, the campaign will have two separate parties that start at different locations, one prey party and one pred party. The parties will have differing XP progression to balance out the inherent advantage pred races have, but preys can also choose a slightly worse XP progression to gain a sort of resurrective immortality. Thirdly, I'll won't be using the forum for roleplaying (only organizing and stuff), and roleplaying will mostly take place on roll20 (don't worry, it's free). I'll be using Discord voice chat, so a headset is strongly recommended, and being able to listen to the voice chat (but not necessarily to talk in it) is required. There are also some additional, smaller differences I will go into below.

The current time slots are three hours long on Saturday, on these times:

Pred: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... 0190330T14
Prey: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... 0190330T17

Campaign

The campaign will use these variant VSRD rules, and these predator races. Both parties will be stranded on a to-them unknown coast after a heavy storm. There is additional backstory information for each party, which they'll receive at the beginning of the first session.

I intend to use the first session for everyone to set up their characters, so you don't need to get into the intricacies of abilities and feats yet, but you might want to familiarize yourself with the basic VSRD rules linked above, and the basic Pathfinder rules, if you haven't played Pathfinder or D&D before, before then. Abilities will be rolled with 4d6 drop lowest, and you can reroll the entire set (not just a single stat) up to two times. As you need to roll somewhere I can see, I'd ask that you roll on roll20.

The campaign is intended to start at level 1 and go to approximately level 10. It will likely be somewhat more difficult for prey players, and they are hence more likely to die (well, get eaten), but there is an option if you want to avoid that. Pred characters have Slow XP progression. Prey characters normally have Fast XP progression and a +33% XP bonus, but prey players can choose to forego the bonus and in exchange get the ability to "save" their character in a fashion (how will be explained in-game), and they then respawn as they were when they saved, minus any gear, if they die. Essentially, if you have saved and you die, you lose any XP/progress you have made since you saved, and any gear your comrades didn't save/retrieve, but are otherwise perfectly fine. If you chose not to save, you're dead (but you can maybe roll up a new character). Preys are able to change your mind about this any time they could "save"; so even if they start with no saving, they can choose to switch later.

Unlike most campaigns, the difficulty of encountered enemies will mostly depend on where you are, not what level the party is. This cuts both ways - entering a high-level hex at low level will be incredibly dangerous, while entering a low-level hex at high level will be a cakewalk. Turns out, enemies don't change their strength to match yours :wink:

I will also be using these alternative rules:

• Automatic Bonus Progression: There will be hardly any magic items, and you will definitely not be able to buy any. You are free to make some yourself if you have the appropriate feats, but that is essentially it. As game balance however requires magic items, we need to balance things out, so, here we go. Note that this is a magic-item-less campaign, so you add two to your level to determine your bonuses.
  • Background skills and Alternate Crafting Rules: The standard crafting rules are weird, and Background skills provide some nice characterization. Both are not likely to effect gameplay too much.

Character Creation

If you want to participate, please send me a PM containing the following information. I'd recommend you do not post it in here, as the other party will be able to see it as well :wink: Currently, new characters start at level 4.

Pred or prey: Pred (slow XP), prey (fast XP), see above.

Race: Preds need to pick from these predator races, though they are free to suggest alternate racial traits and so on (PM me), or work with me on a different pred race (but remember that things have to be realistic). Preys can pick any core race, or PM me if they want to play a non-core race (I'll probably OK them).

Class: The following classes are available: All core classes except monk, plus Oracle and Psion (and the custom pred archetypes, of course). Unchained equivalents are also fine. If you want to play any other class, or any archetype, PM me. Archetypes are probably fine, classes likely not (but do ask, it's free XD). This isn't so much because I want to restrict people, but this is my first time GMing, and I'd prefer to restrict things to classes I know at least somewhat.

Alignment: Prey: any, but non-evil recommended, Pred: any, but non-good recommended.

Players:

The party size shouldn't go beyond five players, and the difference in size between the parties can't be bigger than one.

Pred:
Commissar Tom
OneLastWaltz
Netjak
MoonyKnights

Prey:
MasterDrake
DarkPinkie
Rotrox

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reply here or PM me :)
Last edited by EtPerMun on Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.
EtPerMun
Participator

Re: [Pathfinder] Vore Survival Campaign (Open)

Postby MasterGryph » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:11 pm

Here's hoping interest picks up.
Let us all play fair now, there is no such thing as total invincibility.
MasterGryph
---

Postby EtPerMun » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:20 pm

MasterGryph wrote:Here's hoping interest picks up.

It does have a lot of views... just no replies (and no character PMs either). No clue why :?
EtPerMun
Participator

Postby Killjoy364 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:37 pm

well it sounds like a interesting concept but my main problem is I prefer same size vore as well as it being slightly fetished up but since the point of it is to make it as realistic as possible I don't know if I could fully enjoy the game. but if your hosting another game in the future that has a different setup ill probably join XD
Killjoy364
---

Postby EtPerMun » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:43 am

Killjoy364 wrote:well it sounds like a interesting concept but my main problem is I prefer same size vore as well as it being slightly fetished up but since the point of it is to make it as realistic as possible I don't know if I could fully enjoy the game. but if your hosting another game in the future that has a different setup ill probably join XD

If you want to play pred, Succubi and Slimes are same-size vore (and Lamiae are close). I mean for vore to be logical, that doesn't fundamentally rule out same-size. And while the general rule in my setting is that vore is non-fetishized, there could be exceptions for preds (I mean, there are food fetishists in RL, too), and prey already have a flaw that pretty much does exactly that (Vorarephilia).

So, it's not like those are insurmountable problems, with some tweaking that kind of stuff can definitely fit into the campaign ;)
Last edited by EtPerMun on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
EtPerMun
Participator

Postby Killjoy364 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:44 am

hmm fair enough but I would probably play a prey but ill give the game a shot if that's alright with you
Killjoy364
---

Postby EtPerMun » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:50 am

Killjoy364 wrote:hmm fair enough but I would probably play a prey but ill give the game a shot if that's alright with you

Sure! PM me on what kind of race/class you want to play, and the timeslots, as written in the post. If you want, you can also include ideas on what you want to see in the campaign (or not want to see), I'll see what I can do.
EtPerMun
Participator

Postby Killjoy364 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:51 am

alright then but what setting is the story going to be is my question
Killjoy364
---

Postby EtPerMun » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:02 am

Killjoy364 wrote:alright then but what setting is the story going to be is my question

It's one of my own creation, based on DP's linked above. Essentially, the characters are stranded on an unknown shore, and must try to survive in a hostile environment. For the preds, I have relatively detailed plans beyond that, for the preys, I've left it more open, so that'll depend on what people want. Can't say too much, cause, y'know, spoilers. If you want more details, I can PM them to you, because then we'd enter prey-party-only information ;)
EtPerMun
Participator

Postby Killjoy364 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:05 am

I just sent the pm you wanted XD plus this seems very familiar to the current campaign I'm playing in but I sent in what I could hope to run into when it comes to vore
Killjoy364
---

Postby silkmoon » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:04 pm

sound interesting but i haven;t done pathfinder before so ya
silkmoon
Been posting for a bit

Postby PlasmaTech225 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:14 pm

I see this kinda stuff all over this community. Are y'all still open to new players?
PlasmaTech225
Participator

Postby EtPerMun » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:49 am

silkmoon wrote:sound interesting but i haven;t done pathfinder before so ya

You're free to join if you want to, we have several experienced players in both parties who can help you out if you have problems. In fact, the very reason I reserved the first session for character creation is to make it easier for newcomers, as character creation is one of the more complex aspects, and that way, you'd have me and the other players around whom you could ask questions and so on. And of course, if you have questions later during normal gameplay, you can do the same :)

So yeah, if you want to join, all I ultimately need is a PM with whether you want to play prey or pred and when you can play on Saturday/Sunday. The other three things mentioned in the post (race, class, alignment) are something we can work out in the first session too, if you'd like.

PlasmaTech225 wrote:I see this kinda stuff all over this community. Are y'all still open to new players?

Yup, we're still open. :wink:
EtPerMun
Participator

Postby EtPerMun » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:34 pm

Alright, as it seems people are waiting for updates in this thread - most discussion post-signup is taking place on DP's Discord, so there's not a lot to see in here. In fact, we already had our first sessions (one for each party, dedicated to character creation) yesterday, and plan to have the first session proper next Saturday.

Nonetheless, we're still looking for players, and I could hold a special character creation session for any people who sign up. We're especially interested in more prey players, as we already have three preds and one in the waiting, but only two preys, which makes the parties a bit unbalanced. Maximum party size is six, though, so there's still quite some headroom there, and if some new preys sign up, we could also take on more preds. Alternatively, one person currently playing pred might switch to prey if it's necessary, but that would obviously not be the best solution.
EtPerMun
Participator

Re: [Pathfinder] Vore Survival Campaign (Open) (Ongoing)

Postby EtPerMun » Thu May 10, 2018 11:36 am

Aaand another update post. The campaign has now taken off, both parties have now played several sessions and have left their starting areas, and the time slot is more-or-less fixed. New players are still welcome, though we'd need to find a way to work them the ongoing campaign. I'll keep posting updates, especially if and when the level newcomer would start at changes.
EtPerMun
Participator

Postby EtPerMun » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:11 pm

The campaign is on pause over the holidays until August.

More importantly, anyone who wants to join should from now on create a Level 2 character instead of a Level 1, and be ready to join play in September.
EtPerMun
Participator

Postby ambrose-euanthe » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:22 am

I'm getting back into roleplaying after a bit of a hiatus, and I'm interested in joining the Pred-party; however, after some private communication with EtPerMun it transpires that would only be possible if someone else wanted to join the Prey-party. Would anyone be interested in that?
ambrose-euanthe
---

Re: [PF] Vore Survival Campaign (Ongoing) (Looking for prey)

Postby EtPerMun » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:19 am

There have been some balance and time slot changes.

• The prey time slot is now five hours earlier,
  • The pred time slot is now one hour later.
  • Preys now get +33% XP (even retroactively).
  • De-emphasized the importance of voice chat

Furthermore, as we now have one pred player more than prey players, and several people lined up who'd like to play preds, we are now only looking for more prey players. This might change if a lot of people apply ;)
EtPerMun
Participator

Postby Coolguywithhat » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:31 pm

I hope someone joins up as prey, I really want to join this as a pred.

also EtPerMun, you should update the current player roster.
Coolguywithhat
Somewhat familiar

Postby EtPerMun » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:36 pm

I realized I had completely forgotten to update this (yay Discord), so, here we go.

Time slots changed again, and the average party level's different now. Oh, and we got a few different players. Still looking for prey.
EtPerMun
Participator

Next

Return to Vore Roleplay