Tobuka Islands OOC (PATHFINDER, CLOSED)

This board is for forum based vore roleplay of all type!

Re: Tobuka Islands OOC (PATHFINDER, CLOSED)

Postby Voidrazor » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:31 pm

O wow... I did not realize there were so many posts! We can definitely break 2k pretty easy then right guys? :D
Voidrazor
Participator

Postby Razgriz » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:06 am

everyone well?
Razgriz
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Voidrazor » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:29 pm

Doing fine. Gonna wait until after Jaydee makes their post before I do mine though as Nayeil is on the shore with us.
Voidrazor
Participator

Postby EnderDracolich » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:23 pm

I'm doing well.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby EnderDracolich » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:38 pm

Hmm. So I feel like there's been a lack of engagement with Scatty lately. My last post was largely ignored? She addressed Nayeli and didn't get a response.
EnderDracolich
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Razgriz » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:33 am

Player perhaps missed it?
Would be nice if we can get some posts to get this moving again.
Razgriz
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Zephyr42 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:56 am

I'm working on that now.
Zephyr42
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Razgriz » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:12 am

what's the plan here? I feel like we need some direction or reminders.
Razgriz
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Zephyr42 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:59 am

I'm waiting for our midwife to join us. As for plan, if you're all ready to move on, I'm ready to progress things as well. Expect a post with stage two tomorrow.
Zephyr42
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Zephyr42 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:12 am

OK, I regret to inform everyone that D21 has had to drop out of the game. Since they had a really good character idea, I asked to take over their character and they've said yes to that. Expect a new post in a little bit where I'll be explaining what's going to be happening next.
Zephyr42
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Anime_Chaos » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:10 pm

Hope I wasn't the cause of that. I'd posted that description blurb despite D21 not liking Lang's equipment when Nayeli stared. ._.
In the event I have vanished it means I no longer have internet access.
Anime_Chaos
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zephyr42 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:48 am

Nah, it wasn't you, Anime. It was just life.
Zephyr42
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Anime_Chaos » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:08 pm

Oh. That's a relief.
In the event I have vanished it means I no longer have internet access.
Anime_Chaos
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zephyr42 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:59 am

OK, everyone, I've found a sixth player again. They should be introducing themselves in just a bit.
Zephyr42
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GoldenKuji » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:08 pm

Hello! I'm GK, and I've been playing ttrpgs for a few years now, and am pretty familiar with 5e and Pathfinder. Luckily I was given a chance by Zephyr to join up with the game ^w^
I bring a NG evocation wizard who values versatility in spell selection, focusing on support spells in combat (with the occasional blast) and magical solutions out of combat. Of course, their pocket change will always run a bit low because education is expensive...
As for tastes, she's very endo focused, alright with hanging out with a full belly, and occasionally being in one herself if she trusts the predator (although I would always make sure ooc to check if a player is alright with being swallowed by said wizard, so expect me to ask that question a few times...)
I'm not sure what to say next, so feel free to leave some questions if you have them
And here's my character sheet for Rune.
https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2313045
Thank you for having me!
GoldenKuji
New to the forum

Postby Razgriz » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:17 pm

welcome and yey, endo wizard.
Razgriz
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Zephyr42 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:32 am

OK, since we got a new player and there's combat on the horizon, I've thought about what I want to do with the vore rules. As I said, I want to make vore easier to use, but Taizee did raise a point about making it too easy. As such, I'm thinking about going with the following:

Three vore checks on the same turn. One success = grappled. Two successes = ingested. Three successes = swallowed. This ability may only be used once per turn. At level 10, it may be used twice per turn. At level 20, it may be used three times per turn.

How does that sound? Is there anything anyone would like to add?
Zephyr42
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Netjak » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:33 am

Hi hi GK, nice having you and your arcane magic with us! We were a tad bit lacking in that repertoire of magic but now I feel like we are a very balanced and rounded out party.

As for the vore rules Zephyr, I like it, but I'm wondering if this would leave combat very swingy, greatly favouring whoever got initiative and tried to eat the other first. After all, unless escaping grapples are buffed too, the predator will have 3 rolls to progress the prey's swallowed state, while the prey would only have 1 roll to counter this.

But if both vore and escape checks have 3 rolls, the prey are likely to just bounce around between the ingested and grappled states, and almost never fully escaping, or taking digestion damage on the top of the predator's turn, as this would often require 3 successive successful checks/3 failed checks.

One way to moderate this would be to just add the addendum to your rules that the first vore check has to succeed for you to be able to do a second, and the second has to succeed for you to do the third. That way vore and escape checks will occasionally completely fail, but they will also completely succeed now and then, leading to insta-noms.
Netjak
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GoldenKuji » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:22 pm

Vore in ttrpg has always been a difficult thing to balance, although I like the 'one turn nibbles' idea to make vore a more attractive option for predators in combat instead of using three of their rounds dedicated to nomming. However, it would be concerning to have a one turn nibble because it removes someone from the battle in one round if you build just to eat, even if you have to succeed three consecutive checks to do so in one turn. and what kind of action would it consume? Full round or just a standard?

Of course, you are the gm, and I'm down to experiment with the ruleset :3 (and probably be on the recieving end of it, wizards don't make good combat preds ;w;) I think having a combat encounter to let you see how the new ruleset works in practice will definitely give you an idea of how to progress, so I'm all for it!

Oh, and thanks for the welcome! ^-^
GoldenKuji
New to the forum

Postby Razgriz » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:35 am

there's established homebrews that do away with alot of the balance problems we'd encounter, as Netjak points out. But if you don't want vore feats, then sure. But 3 rounds to potientially eat someone, while the enemy uses them to hack at you? I assume Netjaks ammendum means you roll it all in one turn to see if you can instanom.
Razgriz
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore Roleplay