Dynamic between cruel pred and willing prey?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Dynamic between cruel pred and willing prey?

Postby Miridium » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:24 pm

Most of the cruel pred works I've seen involve an unwilling prey. I mean what better way to showcase the cruelty of a pred than by tormenting the unwilling? So I got to thinking: can there be a cruel pred with a willing, consensual prey? One who welcomes everything the pred inflicts on them? Maybe the pred would be surprised at how willing the prey is? I dunno. So I'm asking you a question: how might a cruel pred and willing consensual prey scenario play out?

Please tell me what you think.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Dynamic between cruel pred and willing prey?

Postby VixieMoondew » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:37 pm

I mean, a lot of BDSM does the same thing, so you just sort of give it a similar feel and you're good.
VixieMoondew
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ArcaneSigil » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:21 pm

I would think the pred wouldn't want to eat them as much. They don't want their prey to WANT to be eaten. They want their prey to struggle and scream and fight to NOT being eaten. A willing prey being caught by a cruel pred wouldn't give the pred the satisfaction they want, that being the prey begging them to not eat them, fighting the entire way down the throat, or even screaming and crying about wanting to be let out but their cries falling on deaf ears.
Just a wolf lookin' for some fun. I like all sorts. Just... don't eat me.
ArcaneSigil
---

Postby fastwaffle » Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:42 pm

I would think the pred wouldn't want to eat them as much. They don't want their prey to WANT to be eaten. They want their prey to struggle and scream and fight to NOT being eaten. A willing prey being caught by a cruel pred wouldn't give the pred the satisfaction they want, that being the prey begging them to not eat them, fighting the entire way down the throat, or even screaming and crying about wanting to be let out but their cries falling on deaf ears.

i very much agree with this. a cruel and sadistic pred would most definitely not get the same enjoyment out of it as with unwilling prey. i know some of my preds would just be like "WTF? it ain't fun if they're into it!"

though i suppose a scenario with this that could be neat is if the prey starts as willing and then very quickly changes their minds once the pred goes all cruel psycho on them.
fastwaffle
Been posting for a bit

Postby HedoroMonogatari » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:34 pm

Helenarlet actually did a wonderfully devious story that involves a cruel pred and a willing prey! Well, the prey starts out unwilling but becomes willing once she accepts her fate. https://aryion.com/g4/view/548286
HedoroMonogatari
Been posting for a bit

Postby Staple » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:50 pm

When the prey wants to be eaten, I feel the power dynamic is shifted away from the predator and towards the center. The pred's capability for cruelty is undermined by the fact the prey is deriving pleasure from it.

I would imagine this holds true for any form of domination/submission. That said, it still has serious comic potential... look no further than the hilariously awkward S&M dentist scene from Little Shop of Horrors. Most people on here are probably already familiar with THAT particular movie anyway. :gulp: :lol:

Having the prey keep their desires hidden from the predator is a good way to minimize this effect in a story, but it does become much more of an equal exchange if both characters are enjoying the experience.
Staple
Somewhat familiar

Postby N-Mario » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:21 pm

If we're talking about willing prey, I'd prefer the pred to be somewhat willing as well. But I suppose the pred can be as cruel as they want to, to a willing prey who just wants to be eaten anyway.

Maybe the willing prey wants protection by being inside the predator, which is mostly me. Though how the cruel predator reacts to this (instead of a willing predator) is prob a different story.
I'm a dolphin that prefers devouring my best buddy.
He loves to be eaten by me. I don't mind that at all.
N-Mario
---

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:53 am

Simple, if prey is willing, the game is to get them to care about their life and dignity and fight for it.

Guide them on a spiritual journey of rediscovering their purpose, get them to think of you as a warm, supportive friend and mentor, inspire them to carry you with them to the top of the mountain of self actualisation, let them bask in the feeling of being perfectly themselves and full of gratitude and appetite for life. Of course all the while never quite letting them forget that you're doing it to make them a more delicious meal, and that the moment they start to feel comfortable at the top of the world is the moment they're at their most delicious, at which point you'll enjoy artfully dismantling them and all their accomplishments in your stomach. Make them hold that knowledge simultaneously with the knowledge that you are their greatest supporter and confidant, so they can be permanently tortured by the dissonance (at least until they're permanently eaten).

People will grind themselves into sand, thinking that makes them safe from being shattered, not understanding that a predator's very presence is a melting furnace, and we can turn sand back into glass and smash it again as many times as we feel like.
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Postby EloquentOrc » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:22 pm

I definitely think that can work.

A way to do it could the pred seducing and manipulating the prey, bringing out the most submissive and hedonistic sides to prey.
Taking satisfaction of turning a person a future, dreams and aspirations into mindbroken gutslut desiring only to their next bowel movement.

Another, if the prey was willing to subject themselves to an agonizing digestion from the beginning, could be the cruel pred is mostly interesting in the physical torture of their prey. Sadism would mean the psychological violation of the prey is a big part of it.

But like I said, the pred could be more into the physical part of the experience. The trashing in their stomach and the gory destruction of a person inside them, etc.. Not caring the prey volunteered.

Those are a couple of thoughts I had. Hope they might be helpful.
EloquentOrc
Somewhat familiar

Postby RoTheHuman » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:12 pm

I love dynamics that mix up what we might call more conventional predator and prey relationships. So I've thought about and explored a lot of ways of taking a cruel pred and matching them with a willing prey.

One of my favorites is a pred who acts conventionally monstrous -- someone who delights in hunting and tormenting their prey -- only to encounter a prey who responds happily and/or with excitement at the prospect of being eaten, and this totally flummoxes the pred. What can follow is a pred acting totally baffled at an unexpectedly willing prey and trying to figure out what to do about it, now suddenly being out of their comfort zone and not firmly in the dominant position any longer. The pred might get annoyed and not getting the response they want, or become bemused and have some fun with this silly naive prey, or even become too weirded out to eat the prey, much to the prey's chagrin. There's a lot of great ways to play this interaction out!

And then there's multiple possible endings too. Sometimes it ends with the prey getting eaten and then switches to unwilling when they learn that being eaten doesn't match up with their naive fantasy, or sometimes the prey remains willing and the pred gets to enjoy themselves in an unexpected way. Overall there's a lot of fun ways to do this!

Another good one is willing prey who have been conditioned or brainwashed into wanting to be eaten, and the cruel pred gets to delight in tormenting their broken mind. They can dangle being eaten over the prey only for it to be a tease, physically torment or hurt the prey in order to get the prey to prove their dedication to being eaten, make the prey overcome some kind of trial with the reward of being eaten, or so on. And then a fun way to end this one is to break the conditioning right at the end, just in time for the prey to realize what a terrible fate they've been consigned to inside the pred's stomach. One could argue it's more cruel than just tormenting and eating an unwilling prey.

A variation on the above is a sacrifice scenario, where the prey is technically consenting, but they don't actually want to be eaten. They go through with it because their hand is forced, often for some kind of higher purpose, e.g. the pred is a deity or similar and needs a sacrifice to keep the prey's people in the pred's good graces. This gives the pred a lot of options for tormenting their prey, who has to go along with it otherwise the consequences will somehow be even worse. Maybe it breaks the prey, or maybe they stalwartly remain devoted to the very end. Either way, it's sure to be a lot of fun for a sadistic predator.

One last one I'll mention that I've had some fun with is a pred who has a poison that turns their prey somatically into a massive vorarephile but without affecting their intellect. It's distinct from something like hypnosis or brainwashing -- the prey maintains their full cognitive faculties and knows that being eaten is a terrible idea, but now suddenly their body is heavily lusting after it, leading to deeply confusing feelings and intense conflict. It can be tricky to play out the subtleties of this in a way that makes it different from hypnosis, but that kind of conflict within a sort-of-willing-but-also-not prey is a lot of fun. And now the predator gets to tease them and seduce them into finally going through with it.

I've probably thought up more of these, but this is just what I've got off the top of my head. :D
RoTheHuman
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion