[BEWARE] Commission Scammer: ZoeytheBear

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

[BEWARE] Commission Scammer: ZoeytheBear

Postby honeycoves » Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:25 pm

I made a blog post, but going to bring it here as well.

Ekas Portal user, ZoeyTheBear, has tried to claim they have paid for their commission, when payment wasn't received at all. I informed them of the issue and offered Ko-Fi as an alternative payment method, since I do take that as payment with clients at times. They had photoshopped the date of the payment as well as the Ko-Fi transaction and it came from a checking account instead of credit as they claimed. If anyone sees this user, please do not accept commissions from them because they are trying to scam you into drawing a free commission for them, or send them money.

Edit: Deleted the links since it's apparently against site rules
Last edited by honeycoves on Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
honeycoves
Been posting for a bit

Re: [BEWARE] Commission Scammer: ZoeytheBear

Postby LucifersChef » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:39 am

wow that photoshop job is bad lol

Also I like that $8 - $115 = 0.69c
]
LucifersChef
Participator

Postby ThisGuy127 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:15 am

Yeah, lordy. Good on you for being proactive to see the issue resolved officially instead of falling for their pity party. That's already a huge giveaway if someone is not actively providing information they couldn't actually avoid receiving in the first place to correct issues, all because "They don't want their money back they want their commission".

Funny that too that your receipts on the whole ordeal check out better than theirs, $115 from an $8.61 balance magically turned into $0.61, meaning it was actually $8 clean, and given that balance, I'd imagine they don't actually have that kinda money to spend. That's not a jab at their financial state, shit's hard for everyone, but dishonestly is never something anyone should pretend they can afford at another's expense.
ThisGuy127
Somewhat familiar

Postby DrakeX » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:51 am

Pretty much he admit it himself when he sais that he didn't wanted a refund, just the commission lol. Im glad to hear you didn't fall for their scam
DrakeX
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby honeycoves » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:53 am

LucifersChef wrote:wow that photoshop job is bad lol

Also I like that $8 - $115 = 0.69c

Yeah, I noticed that. They also claimed they paid with credit, when that was a checking account. What’s funny about the bank statement too is they blocked out the months. I’m not sure if they’ve pulled this stunt with other artists, but I hope they don’t have another account here on Ekas.

ThisGuy127 wrote:Yeah, lordy. Good on you for being proactive to see the issue resolved officially instead of falling for their pity party. That's already a huge giveaway if someone is not actively providing information they couldn't actually avoid receiving in the first place to correct issues, all because "They don't want their money back they want their commission".

Funny that too that your receipts on the whole ordeal check out better than theirs, $115 from an $8.61 balance magically turned into $0.61, meaning it was actually $8 clean, and given that balance, I'd imagine they don't actually have that kinda money to spend. That's not a jab at their financial state, shit's hard for everyone, but dishonestly is never something anyone should pretend they can afford at another's expense.

Exactly, this. I’m fine with offering payment plans when they can’t afford full price, but now I feel I’m going to have to start scoping out profiles to see if they’re actually active, with at least a gallery of commissions, or not take them at all. With this person in particular, I assume they are a minor, and if not, then they’re a sad adult trying to fish free are out of people.

DrakeX wrote:Pretty much he admit it himself when he sais that he didn't wanted a refund, just the commission lol. Im glad to hear you didn't fall for their scam

Oh definitely, I might have to switch emails for my Ko-fi and PayPal just in case he tries to go there and report me for being an NSFW artist, but I don’t think they know how to do that since they did admit they didn’t know the difference between a credit and debit card. I just added those screenshots in the initial post, and that just had me laughing.
honeycoves
Been posting for a bit

Postby Mecho » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:28 am

Thank you SOOO much for sharing this!

They have contacted me about ordering commissions before. Didn't have any slots then and would get back to them later on...
Well, guess that deal is very much off now <__<

As always peeps:

Check the Paypal balance. No money in on the said date? Don't start
And don't start on a commission without you being paid first.
Mecho
---

Postby honeycoves » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:46 am

Mecho wrote:Thank you SOOO much for sharing this!

They have contacted me about ordering commissions before. Didn't have any slots then and would get back to them later on...
Well, guess that deal is very much off now <__<

As always peeps:

Check the Paypal balance. No money in on the said date? Don't start
And don't start on a commission without you being paid first.

Not a problem. I’m not sure if they have other accounts here, but I would definitely be on the look out.
honeycoves
Been posting for a bit

Postby Rathe » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:16 pm

Hey,

While personally I think it's important to spread word of scammers, technically this falls against the site's rules.

Just a heads up.
Rathe
Somewhat familiar

Postby honeycoves » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:55 pm

Rathe wrote:Hey,

While personally I think it's important to spread word of scammers, technically this falls against the site's rules.

Just a heads up.

I saw there was previous threads about scammers in 2019/2020, hence why I thought it was fine to spread. Since there was previous threads about commissioners trying to scam people, as well as artists scamming clients.

Not sure how it's against site rules.

If it's the imgur link, I can gladly delete it. However, their Discord ID wasn't given out, just the screenshots.
Last edited by honeycoves on Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
honeycoves
Been posting for a bit

Postby Mad51 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:04 pm

i think making note of the design is SUPER important. The account name will change but they will want their character re-used. Thank you!
Mad51
Participator

Postby TheKawaiiCommie » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:41 pm

You can always identify scammers, it is always morally correct.
TheKawaiiCommie
Somewhat familiar

Postby Eka » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:16 pm

I guess this is a good place to repeat that our artist discord has dedicated room for exactly this type of information. Check there if you are looking for commission info.

viewtopic.php?f=99&t=55569
Eka
Administrator

Return to General Vore Discussion