High Quality Vore Game

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

High Quality Vore Game

Postby HugsForDrugs » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:04 pm

Does anyone here know how much it would take and cost to make a Triple A vore focused game? like I thought about this because of the fallout 4 vore mods and skyrim vore mods so I know its possible with the right team and funds but I would really like the community's take on what it would actually require for something as extreme as that to be pulled off? you know like good script, artists, animation makers, etc. I am also curious to know how long a project that large would take even with the right resources? I mean a big reason why I am asking this stuff is because i noticed this site has been around quite awhile a lot longer then i originally thought it has, so I just wanted to know within that longevity if that has already been attempted or thought about yet any feedback and help is much appreciated.
HugsForDrugs
Somewhat familiar

Re: High Quality Vore Game

Postby MyHeartInAcid » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:25 pm

My brief googling showed the average budget of AAA games to be $80 Million, and even still all of the specifics of the game and development team cause the required budget to vary drastically.
Found in a similar manner, the estimated time would be 3 to 5 years of development, but once again this can vary drastically, even up to 20 years.

I doubt an AAA vore game would likely be created, due to the costs outweighing the rewards, unless some rich game devs do it as a passion project for years on end.
MyHeartInAcid
Somewhat familiar

Postby notitthrowaway » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:23 pm

One does not simply decide to make a AAA game. The label "Triple-A" indicates that the game is developed and published by a decent-sized company (or multiple), with a budget exceeding what almost any individual or small team could hope to invest (as MyHeartInAcid pointed out). It's basically impossible to make a AAA game as a passion project, unless you're a billionaire or Kojima - i.e. found your own studio, likely with the backing of investors or a parent company, and eventually take it independent while retaining mostly full control... and even then you still probably have a fiduciary responsibility to investors/shareholders, so you can't just go and make a niche fetish game that practically nobody's gonna buy.

The very high end of products below that could maybe be called "Double-A", but that's basically the same situation. The vast majority of low- to mid-budget games you're probably thinking of would likely be classed as "indie". But that's a super broad label and includes everything from the RPGMaker games you already see on the forum to super widely popular and polished products like Hades, No Man's Sky, etc.

All this to say that no, an explicitly vore-centric AAA game is never ever going to happen. In terms of possible projects above and beyond what already exists, the best that we could possibly hope for is if somebody starts a crowdfunding campaign for a relatively small - but focused and polished - indie game... but expectations would have to be tempered because I can't imagine a campaign like that, targeting such a niche market demographic, would have a very high ceiling (<$1-2 million?), even if it actually involved a team of skilled and experienced designers/developers/artists.
notitthrowaway
Been posting for a bit

Postby notitthrowaway » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:47 pm

For an example, take a good-sized, pretty widely popular AAA studio like Rockstar Games. Consider that depending on position, the annual salary for a programmer/artist with the training and skills to work on that caliber of game can average >$80-100,000, per. These companies have hundreds to thousands of employees who all have to be paid for the duration of the game's development, which can and usually does take years. Plus additional costs like software licenses, contract work (anything not in-house, like maybe music or acting), marketing campaigns (although you might be able to save on that department for a vore game).

These are all considerations even if you scale down the scope of the project to a more reasonable level. This is why you don't see a ton of ultra-professional looking work in niche vore games - if someone has those skills, they're probably already being paid for them full-time. Even if those funds were somehow raised, it would be a hard sell to convince a bunch of professionals to quit their jobs for a couple of years to work on a project like this, or else to work on it in most of their off-time for 3 or 4 times longer.

Edit: That being said, if some super-rich enthusiast out there does have the funds to pay competitive salaries and is looking for resumes...
notitthrowaway
Been posting for a bit

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:21 am

Can confirm software devs expect around 6 figures in pay per year with any good amount of relevant experience. You're probably going to need a sizable team to make and test the product. Not to mention other support staff. Not to mention almost none would quit their job for a one off game. It would be more likely to convince a smaller studio to make the thing that has the staff. But then what studio wants their name on a fetish project? Not as many and none with the chops to make a AAA in a short turnaround time.

I think 80 million is a high estimate. But not outlandish. I'd wager a small scope project could be done in 10 to 20 million. Which is still far beyond the scope any single person could afford without being unbelievably wealthy.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby darkevilme » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:52 am

Vore game creation seems to be an inherently uncollaborative affair. This might be because vore is a diverse fetish umbrella so having someone with the skills free time, motivation and mostly importantly the same specific vore kinks as others meeting the prior criteria is somewhat rare but I am speculating here.
I don't know how many people worked on the devourment and fallout vore mods but as far as games that are not mods are concerned the largest collaborations I know of are.
1. FUBN by Bitter, they had someone else do the art for them i believe. so that's 2 dedicated people.
2. Nomad by well, me. I did the vast majority of the content coding and art but I had contributions from other people. Sadly I've lost track of how many but lets say less than a dozen people who provided some writing and art support.
3. Vore War by Aurilika, I don't know how many people contributed but similar model to Nomad with multiple artists providing contribution and one primary coder.

So I think 'triple A mainstream game' is aiming way way beyond what has ever been achieved before. I think it might be better to contemplate why independent projects with a team of a half dozen don't tend to be that common and address that FIRST and aim for that rather than doing the equivalent technological leap of sandal to space shuttle.
darkevilme
---

Postby Rat_Guy » Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:37 am

This would not be a AAA game because the whole point of a AAA game is that it's published by a high tier publisher, even if you poured millions of dollars into a hypothetical vore game it would still be an indie game unless you involved a company like EA, Ubisoft, or the like. It's entirely possible for an indie game to have the same level of quality as a AAA title, but it would still be an indie game. If you wanna talk shop about what it would require to make a game with that same level of polish then you'll need to be much more specific with what you would want out of this game, like a single-player story based adventure game is gonna have entirely different requirements and timescale compared to an online-only third-person shooter
Rat_Guy
want to be a game sage

Postby HugsForDrugs » Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:45 pm

I see I read everyone's post and got their take on the matter and the facts so I just thought about something would it be possible to make a indie level game if we got a group of people who specialize in different fields like you know coding, 3D animation, Game development, etc. That are members of this site and are actually into the fetish to essentially partner up with each other and create their own separate patreon or subscribe star like a crowd funding sort of thing to make something if not considered a indie game idlest close to it would that be more feasible?
HugsForDrugs
Somewhat familiar

Postby AlexBrymm » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:44 pm

Sure, absolutely, that's possible. However, it'd take a team of people who all:

1: Loosely share the same vision, in that they all have the same sort of expectations of how the game should actually look and play that mesh closely enough together that they're all motivated to work together (not easy, a lot of people have not just wildly different kinks, but also wildly different opinions on what makes a good game)
2: All trust in the idea of the team and are willing to heavily invest time and energy in this idea (Very not easy. Most people who could join a team like this and are willing to join a team like this... are already making their own indie games by themselves, which they would prefer to keep working on)
3: Are lead by an experienced team leader who's made games before and has the talent to organize and keep a team like this together (extremely difficult and extremely disastrous if this is missing)

And then we would have to actually see a game concept that's popular enough and has a big enough community to actually fund it, which becomes less and less likely the larger it is... The community is only so large and only has so much money to throw around for a niche interest. You start hitting the cap on that pretty quickly.

Basically, there's a reason that you only see small indie projects. Adding more people and building games bigger increases costs and difficulty _exponentially._ There's no reason that it can't happen, and I'm sure that a two or three person team could feasibly work, but beyond a certain point you may as well be hoping to win the lottery because there's so many rare and difficult factors to work with. It might not be technically impossible, but the chances of it happening are essentially zero.

Might I ask why you're asking, by the way?
AlexBrymm
Been posting for a bit

Postby HugsForDrugs » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:12 am

That's to be expected when forming a team not everyone is gonna share the exact same view point on certain factors but they all should have the main point in mind. However though if a team gets together with a bunch of unique characters but like minded individuals its certain that they will not always see eye to eye on some things but most of the time that's where you talk things through and work on some middle ground the situation almost will always be worked out that way. If by chance it doesn't then its not really a big deal some people leave, go their own way then you find some other people to fill in the empty seats and continue until it works out, I'm talking about the initial joining part when I say that. But as for people that are willing to put the work in to set up a patreon and create the game itself on the site that's really up to them although I can't say that I am not eager to see something like that happen I'm not getting my hopes up when I say that, its just wishful thinking Is all.
HugsForDrugs
Somewhat familiar

Postby Riraito » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:57 am

I actually built working (working does not mean pretty) prototypes for a visual novel style 3D game a while back in Unity using the fungus interface. (and prior to that a full working Renpy game),
but I dropped the project for a variety of reasons (and to change engine to Unreal to take advantage of lumen and nanite) to pick up other ones like a 2D animation I just finished and released on my gallery.

I think the biggest barrier to successfully making something that is more complicated than an RPG maker game is the fact that it's impossible to find someone with any dedication to the task or skill in doing so from the pool of likeminded individuals.

Here's an early testbed I did for the project (Which is a monster vore pick a path story) (which by the time I dropped it - was fully populated with geometry and had Raytraced reflections and GI. and had branching choice pathways and proxy characters. But I don't have any screengrabs from that point of development anymore)

(For those of you interested in what I was up to - here's an older build that I was running livetime with a freecam - you can clearly see how not AAA it is.)
https://motherless.com/04B2B00

3D Asset generation is a job all of its own - trust me. You're not going to feel up for dicking around with the intricacies of a game engine after a day of wrangling polygons into the shape of a chair, and then painting diffuse, specular, roughness, and metallicity passes... and then trying to bake down a normals pass (God that is a pain in the ass in blender - one of the reasons I'm moving on to Unreal - nanite and hi poly meshes)

You really want at least one person dedicated to asset generation, and one dedicated to Coding/Engine wrangling.
and that's just for something very basic.
ideally - you want an additional lighter, rigger, animators, AI coders, particals guy, texture artists, concept artists, more modellers, coders and level designers.

I will eventually go back to this project using the things I've learned since to improve my low-poly modelling.

(also - if anyone happens to like my artwork or stories and happens to be a decent 3D modeller / coder or something else related, feel free to hit me up)
Riraito
Somewhat familiar

Postby HugsForDrugs » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:46 pm

I did blender for 4 years and I learned from a guy called blender guru and some other people on YouTube it was all completely free and I was basically figuring out how to make 3D Environments. I built a entire house, made a bonfire pit with particles and simulations, created a whole living room scene with coaches, TV, ends stands, etc. I was taught about faces, verts, line segments, polygons, extruding, optimizations, and so on. I enjoyed every day of doing that and I did not get paid for it, I became really good at it and made some amazing looking scenes I am not being biased when I say that I usually compared my work to my instructors when I was done to see how good I did and it got to the point where I was making some pretty realistic stuff. it was like magic to me when a project was completed and I loved every second of it but however I stopped because I couldn't find out what I really wanted to do with my life so I quit and went bouncing around from place to place. I can officially say now that I would enjoy every second of 3D making and game development I would ask for no better job in my life it sounds more like a playground to me actually. So I think the problem here is that we have to many unmotivated people here on ekas that's why a project close to the scale of a indie game or at that stage has never been made and completed. I am not saying that it is a bad thing its just that it would be really nice to have some people on ekas who weren't like that at all is all I am saying, and has the skills to back up the game as well so yes I agree with you on that being some of the reasons as to why a game like this has not been made yet I just hope that maybe that changes some day.
HugsForDrugs
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chessa » Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:37 am

Retale: Checkmate, Packrat, AweWorld, and Umibot vore chatbot, are probably the most polished vore games we've ever had on Ekas, and maybe I guess you could count Thanos too, but unfortunately she's gone, a shortlived but amazing bot.

I'm currently making a game too, a vore visual novel/RPG/Dating sim sorta game with a strong emphasis on adventure and story, and it's getting close to a first release, but not ready for a thread yet, and I'm sure there's tons of people like me who are currently working on their own thing too.
Join the Discord for my game here: https://discord.gg/Ua3duEUqg

Support me on Patreon here!: https://www.patreon.com/user/membership?u=51030251
Chessa
Somewhat familiar

Return to General Vore Discussion