A vore society where reformation is a thing but...

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

A vore society where reformation is a thing but...

Postby Ixtili » Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:02 pm

...but the prey are treated as an extension of the pred/the preds property even when they reform/are punished heavily by the society for resurrecting because it's more convienient for the society from a cultural, religious, ideological or economic perspective.

Like a Fairy Tale world where a tragedy is "destined" and averting it is considered radical or dangerous so even though it's possible it's not looked on kindly by "polite" society. This might even be an unnecessary fear there could be ample evidence to suggest that the first death fulfilled the destiny but the society is so fearful of messing with the natural order they can't recognise that yet. So a destined monster and destined tragic hero or heroine can still be "friends" but at the cost of one sides social autonomy.

You could also have it be like a Furry world where people are divided into predator and prey and the prey is seen as circumventing their "place" in the society by coming back even if the pred agrees that they want the prey to reform. The predator could also lose social credibility for allowing the prey to "walk all over" them or something else like that.

Basically reformation is looked down upon not because of the ship of theseus angle but because the society in which this is happening feel threatened by or fear reformation in some way.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: A vore society where reformation is a thing but...

Postby bugboy8 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:39 am

This is a great idea. I just have two questions.

1. Can any process be used to bind pred/preds and prey?
Like in the Fairy Tale world if the prey decides the pain of digesting is too much, will the prey and pred be automatically bound together due to a magical contract/ancient, forgotten spell that was cast for one reason or another? Or would the pred/preds need to drag the prey towards a tribunal of magic users to prove the 'offense' happened(perhaps one too many preds were caught lying after the fact).

Or like in the Furry world; would an agreeable pred(s) and prey need to go to a lawyer/court house to make a contract? Which is still seen as taboo since the prey is defying their place in the world and disliked due to something 'silly'(think Beastars' society's view on interspecies relationships). While like others might be darker. An example could be like, the prey chose to reform on their own and the pred, seeing this, tries to keep the prey locked up/hidden to keep their reputation in tact which could lead to a huge scandal if the prey were to jump from pred to pred(which, now that I type that, makes me think of a whole other thing).

I'm sorry that's a lot. I wanted to pick your brain on the specific ways pred(s) could own prey due to reforming.

My second question is: can I have your blessing to write in this type of world setting?
bugboy8
New to the forum

Postby Ixtili » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:23 am

bugboy8 wrote:This is a great idea. I just have two questions.

1. Can any process be used to bind pred/preds and prey?
Like in the Fairy Tale world if the prey decides the pain of digesting is too much, will the prey and pred be automatically bound together due to a magical contract/ancient, forgotten spell that was cast for one reason or another? Or would the pred/preds need to drag the prey towards a tribunal of magic users to prove the 'offense' happened(perhaps one too many preds were caught lying after the fact).

Or like in the Furry world; would an agreeable pred(s) and prey need to go to a lawyer/court house to make a contract? Which is still seen as taboo since the prey is defying their place in the world and disliked due to something 'silly'(think Beastars' society's view on interspecies relationships). While like others might be darker. An example could be like, the prey chose to reform on their own and the pred, seeing this, tries to keep the prey locked up/hidden to keep their reputation in tact which could lead to a huge scandal if the prey were to jump from pred to pred(which, now that I type that, makes me think of a whole other thing).

I'm sorry that's a lot. I wanted to pick your brain on the specific ways pred(s) could own prey due to reforming.

My second question is: can I have your blessing to write in this type of world setting?

To your first question with the fairy tale world I was thinking there'd probably be an element of soul binding after all what's the point of "sparing" your frenemy if some well meaning meddler can just cut the taboo relationship short by eating the prey themselves? Whether that contract goes both ways? I didn't have much of a plan but I'm sure that'd be possible.

I like your idea of a pred trying to hide the prey to keep their reputation intact if a prey reforming is considered weakness on the part of the pred that could absolutely happen. You could also go the lawyer route too.

To your second question I don't think I have a monopoly on these ideas so go for it.

Edit: In the case of the Fairy Tale one I kinda did have the idea that the prey would not be allowed to show themselves publically unless the pred was planning to/already had eaten them that day, to keep the younger generations of fairy tale characters from getting ideas that they could subvert their own destinies, after all if the tragic heroes and heroines are doing it what about the villains with bad ends? What about the family values of marrying your daughter to the first stranger who slays a dragon or stays a night in a haunted keep? Society would be anarchy! So house arrest for you! I was also thinking for the espeacially traditional families there'd be some shunning like the fact the person was destined to die means they don't acknowledge that they still exist.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby alockwood1 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:54 am

Reformation is something I don't mind, as it gives me a sort of mental safety net while exploring darker aspects of a vore-based society.

I mean, if it was consensual, and the whole getting eaten thing is treated as an annoyance, or as something fun, I don't really mind it.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TestAccountPleaseIgnore » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:32 pm

Ixtili wrote:Basically reformation is looked down upon not because of the ship of theseus angle but because the society in which this is happening feel threatened by or fear reformation in some way.

To my knowledge, the only work out there in which reformation is looked down upon by society specifically because society fears it is CindyTaur's hard-vore Truthverse setting (specifically, this part of it: https://aryion.com/g4/view/477718), where there's societal pushback against reformation because it upends societal norms (i.e. stops most of the population from dying before their 25th birthday).

Although it doesn't quite fit your bill of "society doesn't like reformation", there are two other "reformation-still-has-significant-consequences" works I like:

- Ohgra's soft-vore one-shot Imperfect, in which it turns out reformation causes memory loss in those being reformed...but a certain person don't care.

- ObsidianSnake's soft-vore Eanli Cosmos, which is an incredibly impressive (easily hundreds of thousands of words so far, across ~25 stories) look at what'd happen if vore was entirely non-sexualized and carried out by domineering predators with a BDSM aesthetic. Oh, and if you get reformed too many times, you loose work hours and income, can no longer pay the rent, get evicted, and get half-enslaved/half-adopted-as-a-family-member. Really, you have to read it to understand it.
TestAccountPleaseIgnore
New to the forum

Postby Ixtili » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:30 am

alockwood1 wrote:Reformation is something I don't mind, as it gives me a sort of mental safety net while exploring darker aspects of a vore-based society.

I mean, if it was consensual, and the whole getting eaten thing is treated as an annoyance, or as something fun, I don't really mind it.

How would you reconcile the fact that it's about exploring the darker aspects with the fact you like consensual vore? Would you just follow a pred and prey that were committing the taboo of reformation together and keep the other kinds of vore offscreen? Curious to know how you'd do it.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby alockwood1 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:16 pm

Ixtili wrote:
alockwood1 wrote:Reformation is something I don't mind, as it gives me a sort of mental safety net while exploring darker aspects of a vore-based society.

How would you reconcile the fact that it's about exploring the darker aspects with the fact you like consensual vore? Would you just follow a pred and prey that were committing the taboo of reformation together and keep the other kinds of vore offscreen? Curious to know how you'd do it.

Well, using my "The Judas Goat" as an example, I have a humane butchering scene - where the human is killed first, skinned. deboned, and such - and that very human is reformed in a bed room. Idea is, they, and the other humans, have their DNA/memories placed into a system that lets them be reformed. Further more, any debilitating injuries are gone - missing limbs/organs are back, scars are removed, and so on..... Might not be ideal for your looks if you've had plastic surgery, and men may want to take a certain operation to get back a familiar maleness, but it's useful if you were in an accident that messed up your lungs, kidneys, and such.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby alockwood1 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:23 pm

Ixtili wrote:

Another story that I use Reformation is my "Dragon's Hibachi", where reformation is used during Cooking stuff. Then there's my "Camp Lucky Animals" interactive where they can reform after any death. Then there's other things, like my Afterlife stuff.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby randomthefox » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:51 pm

I actually had an idea that's similar to this. Prey being gurgled into pudge, but then they can astral project outside of the preds body while still physically being their fat. They're able to walk around and talk and interact physically with the world, but they're "tethered" to their pred and maybe even have a tattoo of the pred on their observable body marking their ownership (the inverse of preds getting tattoos of prey they ate lol)

Imagine a pred having a harem of prey they ate, all 'leashed' to them forever as part of their fat but still able to be cuddled and teased and fucked and eaten all over again. With no escape since physically they're nothing but a part of the pred in the first place.
randomthefox
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ixtili » Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:48 am

alockwood1 wrote:
Ixtili wrote:

Another story that I use Reformation is my "Dragon's Hibachi", where reformation is used during Cooking stuff. Then there's my "Camp Lucky Animals" interactive where they can reform after any death. Then there's other things, like my Afterlife stuff.

Okay but what about the premise of the society itself being okay with vore but not being okay with reformation? Doesn't that inherently imply the society likes unwilling vore and that willing vore is seen as perverse or threatening? Or are we just talking about reformation in general and ignoring that the thread is about a world where reformation exists but the vorish society finds it to be taboo for some reason?
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby alockwood1 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:18 am

alockwood1 wrote:
Ixtili wrote:

Ixtili wrote: Okay but what about the premise of the society itself being okay with vore but not being okay with reformation? Doesn't that inherently imply the society likes unwilling vore and that willing vore is seen as perverse or threatening? Or are we just talking about reformation in general and ignoring that the thread is about a world where reformation exists but the vorish society finds it to be taboo for some reason?

I'm probably more talking about reformation in general.... I mean, it's a way of ensuring that the supply of Prey doesn't run out, Predator already knows how certain ones taste utilizing certain methods. Might even be the sort of thing where the Predator goes up to the Prey and goes, "Mashed potatoes, carrots, and peas" only for the Prey to go - "You did that twice to me last week - do me up with pineapples and cherries this time!" I mean, unwilling stuff might still be going on, with Prey getting upset when that happens.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ixtili » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:30 am

alockwood1 wrote:
I'm probably more talking about reformation in general.... I mean, it's a way of ensuring that the supply of Prey doesn't run out, Predator already knows how certain ones taste utilizing certain methods. Might even be the sort of thing where the Predator goes up to the Prey and goes, "Mashed potatoes, carrots, and peas" only for the Prey to go - "You did that twice to me last week - do me up with pineapples and cherries this time!" I mean, unwilling stuff might still be going on, with Prey getting upset when that happens.

Sure but I was talking about the idea that that collaborative relationship is reviled by the society at large. So yes the pred and prey can do wholesome casual vore but they aren't looked on fondly for it by the rest of the setting and might even experience hardship because they have chosen a collaborative relationship.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby alockwood1 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:38 pm

Ixtili wrote:
alockwood1 wrote:

Sure but I was talking about the idea that that collaborative relationship is reviled by the society at large. So yes the pred and prey can do wholesome casual vore but they aren't looked on fondly for it by the rest of the setting and might even experience hardship because they have chosen a collaborative relationship.

Well, there's plenty of taboo relationships, or things that were seen as taboo.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to General Vore Discussion