Eka Official: Vore preferences and discovery survey 2022

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Eka Official: Vore preferences and discovery survey 2022

Postby Ediblestranger » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:16 am

Not a huge thing, but it feels like limiting the interviewing of people who where involved with the vore community for "the history of vore" as 'prior to 2000' is a little limiting. Obviously a date should be chosen, or else it devolves from the history of vore and becomes more of 'vore in general,' but it feels like something a little later, 2005-2010, would be a better fit as it'd allow for a larger sample size of community members. Though it would be incredibly interesting to see how vore evolved into what it is today and I look forward to what info you unearth.

A bit more specific definition of "part of the vore community" could also help as, depending on what you are looking for, someone who sees themselves as part of the community by simply lurking and enjoying vore may or may not serve your needs. Or if you are interested in people who simply enjoy vore as well as those actively participating in discussions or creation of content it may alter the way people answer because of them thinking it does not apply to them.

I thoroughly enjoyed the survey though, and am glad to have been able to contribute some data.
-EdibleStranger
Ediblestranger
Been posting for a bit

Postby Lum_the_mad » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:58 am

dragonjerky wrote:One small critique I have is that there wasn't really anything in there related to vore pairngs that aren't human/human or anthro/anthro. One of the questions was something along the lines of "How do you feel about humans as pred/prey?" which is a question that's practically unanswerable if you like a vore pairing that includes non-humanoid characters. I assume that question was trying to find out if a furry has any interest in humans as the pred or the prey.. However, as someone exclusively into feral/human, answering positively to this question would mean the potential of the data suggesting that I like human preds - which I do not. And, answering negatively to the question would mean the potential of the data suggesting I don't like human prey - which is also wrong because I do like human prey!

I understand that I'm in a minority here but... man... sometimes I can't help shake the feeling of exclusion for not liking humanoid preds...

I 100% feel this. I have the distinct advantage that I don't mind human preds, but even still I felt like this question was definitely having a bit of a bent. I'm way more into monstrous predators than human ones, and I only like human prey or at least humanoid.
Lum_the_mad
Been posting for a bit

Postby Base54 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:08 am

Surveys are one of my weaknesses, so I couldn't stop myself from participating, even if I wanted to. And while the survey was identical to the one last year, I still had a lot of fun filling this one out. If I had any criticisms, it would be these two.

The survey asked me if I was an anime fan, which I am, but that's it. There's not comic books, no novels, no video games, nothing: just anime. Which is a little odd since a lot of video game characters and series are popular on this website, Pokemon being the most glaring one, though I guess that can go under anime fan, but there's also Genshin Impact, Star-Fox, Mario, Sonic(especially Sonic), Crash Bandicoot, and many more. There's also a bunch of comic book characters that get featured here semi-frequently. It just seems a little odd to me that anime is the only one singled out, especially since there weren't any other questions in that particular section that pertained to the question.

Another one is about the second part. This may be a glitch or something, but I answered "Observer" in the first part of this one, and I still had to answer questions as if I was roleplaying as a Pred or Prey, which I don't do. Unless it was asking about what i liked in Predator/Prey combos in a story or picture, but the answers preceding them seemed like they pertained to roleplay. And the Observer part of the second survey was pretty sparse compared to the Predator and especially Prey part.

Aside from that, it was a pretty cool survey, and hope to do some more in the future.
Base54
Been posting for a bit

Postby SunnieTheSpectacular » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:44 am

I have taken part.

To me this survey sounds very prey-orientated.
Comments by me, an actual nightingale, on viewing content. Translated into English by my pet humans. My current pet is Alina. I chose my own name. It's accurate
SunnieTheSpectacular
New to the forum

Postby jasamprn » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:14 am

Just done it. Twas neat, but all the questions being in terms of "how important" something is rather then just if ya like something being present or not has probably made my answers a weird bunch of vasty lower picks then I expected.

Also good luck with finding people in the vore community from prior to 2000. I think litterraly the oldest thing I remember is the site that WHTB used to use, and I'm not sure even that's old enough XD
jasamprn
Somewhat familiar

Postby Skulker » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:39 am

SunnieTheSpectacular wrote:I have taken part.

It is, you can tell by looking at the results from r/vore.

Prey get asked a large number of questions that Preds and Observers don’t, particularly about what happens in the stomach.
Skulker
Somewhat familiar

Postby Lavendercake877 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:15 am

this was my first survey here i had so much fun :D tho i did have a questions regarding the question of whether i've been a member of the vore community before 2000

I didn't know about the word vore until 2021 nor the online world of it (was quiets a shock seeing a lot of people into this as well)

But i did always fantasy of being eaten or others being eaten. dose this count? or is it strictly for online reasons?
Lavendercake877
Somewhat familiar

Postby JadeTheDeer » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:57 am

Skulker wrote:
SunnieTheSpectacular wrote:I have taken part.

It is, you can tell by looking at the results from r/vore.

Prey get asked a large number of questions that Preds and Observers don’t, particularly about what happens in the stomach.

This was changed in this version. Predators and prey get asked the exact same amount of questions. The observer section is still too short though. One concern I have is having a full 150 questions for section II will cause the results to significantly bias against switches, because they will get 3x the amount of questions as someone who solely identifies as prey or predator, which may cause many to not complete the 2nd survey. I'm working on a new design that allievates this problem by amalgamating all the fantasy foci into a bubble grid like on most psych surveys.
JadeTheDeer
Somewhat familiar

Postby gigaredpanther » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:56 am

Funny thing about the whole 'first exposure to vore content' thing: I actually sought it out BEFORE knowing that anyone actually made such things. One day I just had the intrusive thought of "I want to see people getting swallowed", then one thing led to another, and now I'm here.
We get: To eat you
You get: Eaten

-Tyranid Diplomat
gigaredpanther
Somewhat familiar

Postby JadeTheDeer » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:32 pm

Ediblestranger wrote:Not a huge thing, but it feels like limiting the interviewing of people who where involved with the vore community for "the history of vore" as 'prior to 2000' is a little limiting. Obviously a date should be chosen, or else it devolves from the history of vore and becomes more of 'vore in general,' but it feels like something a little later, 2005-2010, would be a better fit as it'd allow for a larger sample size of community members. Though it would be incredibly interesting to see how vore evolved into what it is today and I look forward to what info you unearth.

A bit more specific definition of "part of the vore community" could also help as, depending on what you are looking for, someone who sees themselves as part of the community by simply lurking and enjoying vore may or may not serve your needs. Or if you are interested in people who simply enjoy vore as well as those actively participating in discussions or creation of content it may alter the way people answer because of them thinking it does not apply to them.

I thoroughly enjoyed the survey though, and am glad to have been able to contribute some data.

Hi fam, this specific question is related to a months-long project I've been working on. The year 2000 was chosen because I have already interviewed numerous people who were active in the community between the years of 2001 and 2010. As well, I've interviewed a few peeps who were involved in vore in the mid-90s, but I still lack a lot of information on the pre-internet 'swallowing' kink (especially in early Usenet and BBS groups) as well as a more comprehensive characterization of the scene at the time.
JadeTheDeer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Trebortron3 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:02 pm

Great survey, although for the record, in the second survey I listed a few things as "repulsive" because they actually are to me (no judgement on people who like those aspects, they're just really not for me), but sometimes I listed things as "repulsive" because the next option was something like "a little interested", which isn't the case. So sometimes my "repulsive" answers just meant "I have zero interest in this, but it doesn't actively repulse me".

Similarly a couple of my "essential" answers aren't literally essential to my vore interests, they're just favourite aspects of mine, so I wanted to give it the top answer to reflect that.
Trebortron3
Participator

Postby Ediblestranger » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:20 pm

foxygrandpa wrote:Hi fam, this specific question is related to a months-long project I've been working on. The year 2000 was chosen because I have already interviewed numerous people who were active in the community between the years of 2001 and 2010. As well, I've interviewed a few peeps who were involved in vore in the mid-90s, but I still lack a lot of information on the pre-internet 'swallowing' kink (especially in early Usenet and BBS groups) as well as a more comprehensive characterization of the scene at the time.

Sweet, thanks for the clarification! I am super interested in what info you do come across. I find the history of the early internet and online "pre-internet" interactions. I also wanted to apologize if I came off as rude or some such.
-EdibleStranger
Ediblestranger
Been posting for a bit

Postby Amaco » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:24 pm

gigaredpanther wrote:Funny thing about the whole 'first exposure to vore content' thing: I actually sought it out BEFORE knowing that anyone actually made such things. One day I just had the intrusive thought of "I want to see people getting swallowed", then one thing led to another, and now I'm here.

Yep, pretty much the same. :lol:
AMACO
Amaco
Somewhat familiar

Postby Assimilation » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:55 pm

Stunlocked wrote:I've always kind of been curious of what percentage of this community has autism, so I'd like to see that as an option

I'd actually be very curious to see this too, along with other factors that commonly interact with socialization. Depression, virginity and promiscuity, nature of household members (parents/older family vs. spouse-and-kids vs. roommates vs. alone), all those sorts of things have the potential to be outliers compared to the general public.
Assimilation
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Andron » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:00 pm

gigaredpanther wrote:Funny thing about the whole 'first exposure to vore content' thing: I actually sought it out BEFORE knowing that anyone actually made such things. One day I just had the intrusive thought of "I want to see people getting swallowed", then one thing led to another, and now I'm here.

Yeah, same here.
For me it was part of my first sexual awareness, "vore" was like my very first sexual stimuli, nearly a year before i actually became aroused by anything else.
I think i used to dream about giant birds and snakes swallowing pixies/fairys whole.
They should add this point to the Survey-choices 'first exposure to vore content'
Andron
New to the forum

Postby coop500 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:36 pm

Filled it out, loved the nonsexual responses!

My only critique would be, some of us (including me) have basically always liked the idea/concept of vore and didn't need media exposure or anything. Like for me it was just always something I liked and found comfort in.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby Tilalumtar » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:47 pm

It was great to fill out.
Neither too long nor too short, especially the options to exclude prey or pred specific answers if you aren't either. Great work!
I am in love with history and humans in general.
Hope that provides enough information to understand my mindset. Thank you. I like you. Have a nice day.
Tilalumtar
Somewhat familiar

Postby 2531209j » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:35 pm

I personally did not see a gaping difference between the first and the second part of the survey. I was glad to do both.
2531209j
New to the forum

Postby alockwood1 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:03 pm

Personally, I'm more into Non-Fatal Vore, where it's seen as a fun act between Predator and Prey. Sort of like a hug and kiss all rolled into one.

That being said, I don't mind Fatal Vore if there's a good enough reason - Predator eating Criminal Prey (basically, the Prey committed the sort of crime that would grant them the death sentence anyways), Predator eating Ill Prey (where the prey has like Stage 4 cancer and there's no more help for it, and they just want to end it), or if the Predator is taking on the role normally filled by a Serial Killer. I'm not really into the "If I'm gonna eat somebody, it might as well be you," mentality.

That being said, give me a good story, and I'll read it, might even like it.
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MaverickAventura » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:04 pm

Added to the survey too. Hope the results are worth it and all.
I love Vacuum vore! You can join my friend's Vacuum Vore Discord here: https://discord.gg/AxF9MWvbTr

One man's Lidl is another man's Waitrose.
MaverickAventura
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion