Favorite and least favorite parts of the vore community?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Favorite and least favorite parts of the vore community?

Postby penitent2k » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:31 pm

One of my biggest problems in the last, hmm, few years or so, has been on the discord and youtube side of things. Like other fetishes that don't necessarily involve nudity and genitals, there are way too many bloody teens lurking by. I went to look up vore scenes on youtube and there were so many "gacha vore (13+)" type trash, I tried to branch out to discord RPs but so many of them have this insane idea of being "SFW" and not necessarily 18+, which, like, no, that is disgusting man.

Thankfully forums like Eka are more old guard and I don't have to worry too much, but I basically gave up on everything else.
penitent2k
Been posting for a bit

Postby John » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:01 pm

Favorite thing is how much it has grown and gone from a niche fetish to one with a lot of content. It seems more accepted in the general fetish circles and art sites as well.

Least favorite is two things tied really: The rampant art theft and character/identity impersonation. Count this as one thing. Far too many people use other's art/characters and claim it as their own. Have seen people use well known online identities claiming to be such person and stirring the pot.

Second is the hostility compounded with hypocrisy to male characters within the community. Example is I've met many hostile "no male prey" players with predator characters that have shown me secret male prey alts wanting me to play with them. Playing a male pred I have had friends and acquaintances have to deal with outright hatred toward them without doing anything other than existing.
John
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby fixated1 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:53 am

I have to agree with John about the growth in content.

Least favorite: How picky we all are and how we all pretend like our preferences are the default, and how some push for their preferences to be the only way to define vore.
fixated1
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Ykarian » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:21 pm

Natolin wrote:But basically illiterate people messaging you and asking to RP. I don't really understand what they even get out of rping in a language that clearly isn't their first language

I mean that's obvious >.> , because english is the """language of inernet""" and if you decide to not speack it well, good luck to found any rp partner in other language on a website where literally everyone expect english being the norm
Ykarian
New to the forum

Postby NightRoller » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:49 pm

Favorite bit:

We got a place to put our stuff that's unlikely to disappear for a while. We can add a ridiculous amount of tags and no one's going to yell at us (except ourselves :D ). Unlike DeviantArt, we're much less likely to come across haters (I have yet to remember one I've encountered) and people who come across our content here are usually more open to it--or click away peacefully.
Also of significant note is how the moderators actually are active here to some degree. I can DM Eka (for instance), and she'll probably respond within a week (maybe two). Some places, you can't rely on that.

Least favorite:

Fanfiction-y stuff where characters go way out of character. Super short stories with little description. Stories where the author definitely didn't use any spell-check or re-read what they wrote. Verb tense change in random places, for that matter, while I'm ranting about grammar. Also, the fact that this site itself hasn't upgraded with a few simple life-helping features like the ones mentioned above, as well as sorting by X (favorites, views, reverse of chronological, etc.), add up after a while. This site is functional, but not superb, and certainly has some idiosyncrasies.
I would also mention the lack of interaction here (on writing in particular), but since it's a site where people are coming to fap and since I started reaching out a lot more, I've gotten used to it/solved the problem enough that it doesn't bother me.
And this takes a second place to all of the previous stuff, but I get annoyed at how easily I can hook myself on checking this site for new submissions/comments/favorites/blogs/forum posts. It's more of a personal problem with the internet and dopamine than a site-specific issue though.
We live in a culture of addictions. What's yours?
NightRoller
Somewhat familiar

Postby FutureBellyAche » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:33 am

Well it's more of a list but still.
My favorite stuff.
The community is very supportive of new content being made. I'd never really shared writing before eka's so it was nice to be warmly received.
The tag system is great and allows me to stay close to the things I enjoy. The digestion tag is my default honestly. Sometimes some stuff slips by but I'm not especially close minded so it doesn't bother me.
There are so many great writers putting out work, and as that's the content that stimulates me the most I'm very happy to have plenty to enjoy. Art is of course good and there are plenty of talented artists in the fetish.
I really hope ekas stays around. It's a solid website for us. It has its quirks but it's still probably one of my most visited websites.

My least favorite things:
Low quality content kind of gets to me. Art is obvious but there's a few writers I don't love. Vore is inherently repetitive because as it turns out, somebody is probably gonna get ate. But repeating the same story beat for beat with slightly different variables just doesn't intrigue me at all. I'll be honest, I'm not super picky. If there's an interesting idea in there, that's enough for me.
A few bad actors seem to hang around some parts of the community. It's not surprising. Lots of communities end up with them. Creeping on various content creators, even running several of them off the website. It's expected but nonetheless disappointing.
This may be a whole separate discussion, but I'm actually happy vore is pretty much impossible the way I'm invested in it. Aka soft vore and many of its components. Because it's impossible it really helps a lot of the moral complications with vore and lethality. In their base form theyre harmless stories and art. But I have met several people who seem to struggle with that. Thinking their monstrous for having this interest. Guess this was kind of a ramble at the end, but it still kinda disappoints me. Like what you like, you aren't hurting anybody by making whatever depraved Art here you want. Do what you want. Though uh... please try to tag it properly. those who like it can find it, those who don't can avoid it. We all win :)
But there are the people who do hurt animals for vore and that's fucked. Don't respect those. it ain't worth it. Nothing should ever die for a fetish. I'd hate if we ever ended up with somebody as bad as the zoosadists.
FutureBellyAche
Participator

Postby AeriaGloris » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:55 pm

Favourite Part:

The members. Everyone has been very supportive of the content I create and it's really great to see the same names commenting and favouriting my works. Eka's Portal reminds me of the early days of the internet, both in aesthetic and community. It's a niche, tight-knit group of vastly different people that are bonded over one, seemingly broad, idea, vore. As someone that spent a lot of time in Anime/Manga forums in my youth, back when it didn't have broad appeal, visiting this website feels like comfort food. I don't wish to be elitist in anyway, but I know if vore got mass appeal (it won't) the less palatable elements of the fetish would become demonized. Fatal, unwilling, cruel etc. I'm content with the way things are.

Least Favourite Part:

It's been said before, but there is a huge range in the quality of submissions. I can only imagine how discouraging it must be for dedicated creators to see their 10K to 20K word original stories receive less views and favourites than a 3K word anime fanfic. The views and favourites remain a weak indicator of quality. While that statement can apply to all media, it certainly hurts to see weak and rehashed fanfic content dominating genuinely great stories.
My writing outline for 2022 is out. Let me know your thoughts on my latest Blog Post. ˚✧₊⁎( ˘▽˘ )⁎⁺˳✧༚
AeriaGloris
Somewhat familiar

Postby typemoon » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:02 pm

my favorite part of eka in general is vore in media list. I love that the community shares the vore scenes it finds with other users I also love rp

my least favorite part is when people go away and delete their stories or in the case of artists they delete their art. u.u
typemoon
Been posting for a bit

Postby MyHeartInAcid » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:25 pm

Mmmm favorite part def has to be friends i met through it, lots of really good ones met through it

Least favorite parts is like the stereotypes that kinda arise in art of it. Like if a char is a snake or is large or whatever they’re automatically treated as a pred just cuz that, and vice versa for whatev type char traits.
Also dislike when people act like they’re better than you just cuz they like a dif type of vore, like bruh we all get horny from eating other people
Also this might be petty but i dislike when ppl apply their own interests onto ur arts, i don’t like when ppl act like my stuff is unwilling x~x
MyHeartInAcid
Somewhat familiar

Postby YourlocalWendigo » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:29 am

Favorite part is the sheer artistry and anatomical accuracy. I had one friend in college that didn't even like vore but looked at it simply to admire the rendering of anatomy. And some of the animators in this community are ahead of mainstream company production by leaps and bounds. They make Disney and Pixar look amateur.
Least favorite part is male pred full stop.
YourlocalWendigo
New to the forum

Postby Merodi » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:06 am

My favorite part is how the vore community has something for everyone. Pretty much if you're into something, at least one other person is too. I also like the feedback, even as a more amateurish artist, I still get nice comments, likes and encouragement to draw more. For all the drama and unpleasant people that are in the community - like any community has its black sheep - I feel like you can meet lots of nice people who just enjoy having fun and enjoy seeing others have fun, too.

My least favorite part is by far the entitlement. Things I don't like - female preds, unbirth etc. - I don't really see as part of the community, it's just something people in the community enjoy, and as long as it's tagged and I can avoid it, I'm glad it exists for those who do like it! But the entitlement is on another level here sometimes. If you are a M/M or M/F artist, people sometimes try to goad you into drawing F/M, especially if it's M/F art, with stuff like "I think she should get revenge at vore HIM" or "I think girls shouldn't be prey to boys", stuff like that. Or they see your Hard No list when RPing, and ask if you do something in that list for them, despite them not even thinking about doing the same for you.
As if their enjoyment is the only thing that's important, they refuse to do anything they're not 100% into, but demand you do everything despite not liking it. Or when they suddenly put plot twists in RPs, like, IDK, putting a genderbender spell on your pred character so they're a girl, all of the sudden.

Another thing that bothers me is how the female users (and NB ones, AFAB and AMAB alike), tend to be victim of that more often? I see a bunch of the girls here get those types of comments, and while I get that that's normal for communities like this one, it's just kinda... uncomfortable.
Merodi
Participator

Postby Lonnie » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:21 pm

Merodi wrote:My favorite part is how the vore community has something for everyone. Pretty much if you're into something, at least one other person is too. I also like the feedback, even as a more amateurish artist, I still get nice comments, likes and encouragement to draw more. For all the drama and unpleasant people that are in the community - like any community has its black sheep - I feel like you can meet lots of nice people who just enjoy having fun and enjoy seeing others have fun, too.

My least favorite part is by far the entitlement. Things I don't like - female preds, unbirth etc. - I don't really see as part of the community, it's just something people in the community enjoy, and as long as it's tagged and I can avoid it, I'm glad it exists for those who do like it! But the entitlement is on another level here sometimes. If you are a M/M or M/F artist, people sometimes try to goad you into drawing F/M, especially if it's M/F art, with stuff like "I think she should get revenge at vore HIM" or "I think girls shouldn't be prey to boys", stuff like that. Or they see your Hard No list when RPing, and ask if you do something in that list for them, despite them not even thinking about doing the same for you.
As if their enjoyment is the only thing that's important, they refuse to do anything they're not 100% into, but demand you do everything despite not liking it. Or when they suddenly put plot twists in RPs, like, IDK, putting a genderbender spell on your pred character so they're a girl, all of the sudden.

Another thing that bothers me is how the female users (and NB ones, AFAB and AMAB alike), tend to be victim of that more often? I see a bunch of the girls here get those types of comments, and while I get that that's normal for communities like this one, it's just kinda... uncomfortable.

I almost never comment, but I REALLY want to highlight this! The community is so dominated by female-pred enjoyers, and while I certainly don't begrudge them that whatsoever, it's something I'm made very uncomfortable by and a big reason I haven't gotten any art put up yet. I'm almost exclusively into M/f (for reference, I'm nonbinary but AFAB) and am concerned about the possibility of people making comments about how it would be better if the scenario were reversed, or can I draw X female character as a pred, etc.
I genuinely DO NOT care what someone else is into, but it kinda feels like I 'don't belong' here sometimes as my interests are far and away in the minority of what people are interested in seeing. I fortunately haven't had to experience anything negative like that in a RP-related sense (but this is only because I haven't reached out to people). It makes me afraid to put out an ad for my masculine male pred wanting female prey, though.
Average M/f enjoyer
Lonnie
Somewhat familiar

Postby disguy » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:52 pm

YourlocalWendigo wrote:Least favorite part is male pred full stop.

I'm sure you can provide a better answer than this but okay.
◕‿◕ bup
disguy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Stinkychan » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:28 am

hmmm i think my favorite part is the people ive met in the community.... ive only been a part of it for a couple years but ive had steady friends thoroughout!

the worst part? it hasn't happened to me but some of my friends dealt with creeps in the past...i know they're everywhere but like in all fetish communities, they're just a bit more concentrated...
pssst the pfp isnt a real nft
Stinkychan
New to the forum

Postby Tassie » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:05 am

I guess I really don't know what I want, because I am still learning to love things I never thought of or even considered before, and then some thing I used to think were amazing and fantastic aren't so amazing anymore. I don't know, sorry. I know, I'm weird, sorry.

There's so much to see and read and imagine, I guess I'm an old-school book-reader and I love to imagine things, so just the amazing creativity here is overwhelming to me. All the amazing writers and especially the amazing artists are so amazing, I just can't even describe it. Everyone is so wonderful and creative.

The repetitive nature of new writers and artists can be monotonous, but honestly, I think everyone whom contributes here is amazing. Truly, I have not met one writer or artist here whom I did not love for one reason or another; even if they write or make things I don't like personally, they are still creating, and I think that is just the most amazing thing.
Granted, some writers and artists are very new and have much room to grow, but honestly, who am I to complain? An extremely amateur writer with very few finished storied posted here is hardly one to criticize; I still have so much to learn.

I read OP's view on 'furry', and I really don't know what to think or even if I can say anything because I feel like I'm turning into one, and I don't know if this is a good thing or a really bad thing. Either way, I blame Zootopia and Beastars for their amazing characters and captivating storylines.
I think I am one now, so I really can't say, sorry.
Tassie
Participator

Postby TootLunch » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:20 am

Tassie wrote:I guess I really don't know what I want, because I am still learning to love things I never thought of or even considered before, and then some thing I used to think were amazing and fantastic aren't so amazing anymore. I don't know, sorry. I know, I'm weird, sorry.

This actually ties into my favorite part, we as humans change all throughout our lives and the sheer number of different fetishes on display here is simply wonderful. Some people are hard set on their preferences, others flow like water, but without exposure to these others forms of material many of us wouldn’t know what we even liked in the first place. Some things I used to despise have grown on me while some things I used to enjoy just don’t do much for me anymore, don’t feel bad about yourself just because your tastes change.

My least favorite part? I honestly don’t have one that wouldn’t boil down to me just listing content I don’t personally enjoy. Drama and people saying “you should do X because it’s what I want to see” are pretty easy to avoid with a block or asking them to pay you to create their ideas, usually shuts them up really fast or I make some money so it’s a win win.
TootLunch
Been posting for a bit

Postby replicatkd » Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:30 pm

Best:
There are some people here that are gems. Warm, kind and talented. They are hard to meet though.
I think a lot of the artists here a very skilled.
Compared to other kink places vore fans are actually relatively normal/friendly and are not as wacky.
There is a lot of good content here.

Worst:
The private discord cliques (almost always artists + comissioners bunching up together) that have formed are chopping up the community in my opinion. Since the artists are the "driving force" then what they say/do is what everyone will try follow/copy next. People really like to "pair up" lately but maybe that's related because the kink sort of works of like that.
People are giving free art to others yet the people who have this free art will only hang out with other people that also have free art/characters. It means that you have to commission someone to join the clique yet the artist's friends get free art as gifts.
If you want free art just create a hot girl prey OC and ask an artist pred to eat you and they will draw you and boom you are part of the clique. Preds will have a harder time breaking in.
replicatkd
Participator

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:17 pm

replicatkd wrote:Worst:
The private discord cliques (almost always artists + comissioners bunching up together) that have formed are chopping up the community in my opinion. Since the artists are the driving force what they say/do/go is what everyone will try follow/copy next. People really like to "pair up" lately but maybe that's related because the kink sort of works of like that.
People are giving free to others yet the people who have this free art will only hang out with other people that also have free art/characters. It means that you have to commission someone to join the clique yet the artist friends get free art as gifts. (If you want free art just create a hot girl prey OC and ask an artist pred to eat you and they will draw you and boom you are part of the clique. Preds will have a harder time breaking in.)

I'm actually really interested to hear you say all of that as a negative.
I like the community being chopped up, I think it's great. It's all well and good congregating and co-ordinating via a subcultural institution like Eka's where the big names are doing it for a living and have to make all their decisions based on time=money, but it's impossible to make friends in that environment, you need to splinter into groups of less than 150 to really get any sense of community I feel.

I'm certainly guilty of only really taking steps to befriend other artists whose work I like, and who like my work in return. I don't know if that's me being cliquey, I just think that's how this space works. We're all fictional digital entities here, defined by our galleries.

I can't speak to commission culture because I've committed through sheer inertia to never spending or receiving a cent in kink land, but it's always been the case that spending fat wads or being an attractive flatterer are the two ways for non-artists to break into artistic circles. Artists are greedy and vain as an eternal rule. Definitely though I'm motivated to make free art for my friends and myself and hang everyone else, and I can see how that's ugly and off-putting from the outside looking in.

It sounds like you just don't like being a second class consumer, which is totally fair. I honestly think there's far more room for someone to distinguish themselves and contribute in a small discord group than on a massive site like this, but I'm sure you've had the experiences to justify your dislike of discord.
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Postby Daniel5520 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:06 pm

John wrote:Second is the hostility compounded with hypocrisy to male characters within the community. Example is I've met many hostile "no male prey" players with predator characters that have shown me secret male prey alts wanting me to play with them. Playing a male pred I have had friends and acquaintances have to deal with outright hatred toward them without doing anything other than existing.

Can fully agree with this point. i also want to add on the general hostility to being a male or even femboy character. i know prefs exist but still though being a dick about it kinda makes me feel like im being kink shamed for wanting to play as a femboy character or that i dont belong here since i dont want to play as a female prey exclusivly. it makes being a part of this comunity genuinly depressing as hell a lot of the time.
Last edited by Daniel5520 on Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Daniel5520
New to the forum

Postby replicatkd » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:59 pm

If you are curious about it. I feel like some good people fall through the cracks so to speak. As in some people come join, consume content and leave. Then others like me or different kinds of people try to "get in" in the circles with similar likes and dislikes.

For example. If you want to join something M/F related you -have- to be friends or be in the clique of the M/F leader. Thus if you are already in it's a free ticket. In my case, I personally know lots of artists here by their personal and real life stories that moved away as soon as someone else that draws becomes their friend. So even though I was friends with them before they were "cool" I fell through the cracks but a random commissioner or prey friend gets a straight shot into the group. Thus even if you are fan of m/m or safe vore then if the "leader" forgets you then you are effectively out of the social aspect.

I assume it is partly because the kink is similar to that but how come you can have an interest in X and yet your fellow fans splintered off somewhere private with a barrier for entry. I agree though that there is only some many people you can keep track of. Only so many friends or time/money to use efficiently. So I guess it's a side effect of growth? I do remember when it was fairly open to join everything back then. Its in 2019-2022 that I see this faction stuff.

I definitely would categorize approaching other artists as clique-y if it is just to team up. But the real chopping up is not teaming up but the barrier for entry.

Basically any newcomer here has to use their wits or adhere to a certain etiquette in order to socialize. If they don't do that then what they will see will be a quiet forum of the same 5 people talking to the same 5 people. It does seem, however, this is just the natural progression of it. Since 5 years ago the forum was more of a "free-for-all" type of thing. (Maybe no circles were formed yet. Discord wasn't popular or around yet.)

Sadly I don't see how you can distinguish yourself in YXZ person's discord besides paying or already being part of the circle. The window is over for me since it's not like you can delve into vore for your entire life and it's more of a main hobby thing but at one point I did try to befriend everyone (artists and non artists) but the circles are formed now. There are only a few ways to get in.

It did seem natural though. Basically you had to keep your grip tight on the artists before the circles formed and plan ahead. Otherwise you don't need to mingle with non-artists and non-commissioners but where the real social stuff happens its not in the gallery part of eka's but in the discords... which have a barrier for entry. It's not impossible to get in but appealing to "popular ones" is quite tiring.

I mean there is a reason why so many of the personas of artists are female OCs or ultra femenine male OCs it's so they can manage their time/money/attention more efficiently. Some might say "you are over-thinking it" then I want to see these people drop their artists friends but they won't. I mean they stay tight-knit and private -because- they want it to be hard to get in.

The whole distribution makes sense to me. Just wonder if the separation might change something later on. Who knows. I mean I also have my own faction in a way but that just means we are passing around the approaching to someone else. Don't know, maybe I just had a taste for the pre-private groups days. Maybe this is the dynamic newer people like. If I am writing a lot it's because I actually do wonder where the social aspect of this community is because it's certainly lacking in the forums. I am genuinely searching where is it that people hang out. That's just my 2 cents though. I will be around. Ha. I guess PM if you want to talk about anything. I don't want to spam.
Last edited by replicatkd on Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
replicatkd
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to General Vore Discussion