Favorite and least favorite parts of the vore community?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Favorite and least favorite parts of the vore community?

Postby Natolin » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:37 pm

What are your favorite and least favorite things about the vore community and/or fetish as a whole (as in, not "whats your preference in type of vore")?

For me personally, I think my favorite part is the amount of creativity it can breed. Obviously all fetishes have a pretty wide range of what you can do with it, but there are some limitations. You can make a LOT more interesting stories and concepts with a vore fetish than you can with something like a foot fetish or even an inflation fetish. In addition, the community is REALLY nice. I can count on one hand the amount of time I've met a content creator or person in the community who was actually rude to me.

And then my least favorite things, I would have to say two things. The first is a problem that's been around since pretty much the beginning of fetishes in general. But basically illiterate people messaging you and asking to RP. I don't really understand what they even get out of rping in a language that clearly isn't their first language, and just kind of saying things like "eats you mmm you were so yummy i cant wait to digest you in my belly" or whatever.
And the second thing is just like... the fact that in the eyes of society vore is associated with furries and fursuits. I don't like furry stuff, and it bothers me that we're considered one in the same >.<
I'm a thot who feeds off attention... so tell me whatcha think of my stuff! Also I have a DA account :D https://www.deviantart.com/natolinnn2
Natolin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Favorite and least favorite parts of the vore community?

Postby unzipsdick » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:54 pm

Have to agree with the creativity piece. I've seen projects with so much love and time obviously put into them that I really appreciate, even if I'm not necessarily into it. Games like the Mysta's Myst Adventure series are one of the best examples of how much effort can get put into some of these projects.

Least favorite things? Well, I have griped about a few things elsewhere in the forums but they're mainly content preferences. There's the community's weird obsession with F/M, that gender pairing alone far outnumbering male pred content, there's how this community has possibly the highest concentration of people who get off to characters begging for their lives (second only maybe to guro), there's Eka's-specific stuff like the lack of tag filtering or sorting by favorites/popularity... Yeah, I have a bit of a laundry list of complaints and while I would *love* a soapbox to talk about each of the points I covered and I'd be happy to discuss them in more detail if anyone asked, nobody did, so I'm going to keep those types of complaints out of this thread.

Community-wise? I do agree with the furry connotations. Furries, unfortunately, seem to represent fetishes for most "normal" people. Vore may not be much better, but it still isn't related. I suppose people that have already been desensitized to weird kinks may be more likely to embrace new ones.
"What was it he said that got everyone so upset?"
"Be kind to each other."
"Oh yeah, that'll do it."
unzipsdick
Somewhat familiar

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:51 pm

Favorite? Dunno. There's a lot of understanding people though so maybe that is it. Some charge for content, others don't and for the most part there isn't a whole lot of complaint about it. People seem to understand that an artist's work is worth whatever they want for it. I appreciate that, there isn't a whole lot of "Write my request for exposure" nonsense.

Least favorite about vore in general would be nothing necessarily in this website but others out there. And that thing would be people who use small animals to satisfy their fatal vore fetish.

I have a hot burning hatred for these people and wish them the worst in life. Harming living things for fapping purposes is about the lowest you can get.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby Datstrudel » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:36 pm

I tend to agree with the creativity thing as one of my favorites. For someone like me who enjoys writing and making games, it’s so much fun to do world building. I love making Vore lore. It’s why I keep starting new game projects. I get new ideas for lore and new setups and everything! And seeing other creators and their world building.
A Way Back Home, Vore Days, SMVA and Retale are all fantastic examples of these fetish games going beyond just being a fetish game and trying to be a realized story. Vore just works well as a medium in my opinion. While yes it is more for the fetish side, the ability to build worlds and stories around it is so vast. I know I’m rambling, but it really is my favorite thing.

I can’t really think of much I dislike about the community other than stuff you get in any other fetish, fandom or whatever. Drama and the like. I tend to stick out of that stuff and remain in my corner, making my content and interacting with everyone.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby R_U_Snacksize » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:41 pm

I would have to say I agree with you Natolin and might add the super casual "oh everyone wants to be killed in the most painful manner possible so lets eat 100s of people that are our size or bigger daily".

On other sites I would say one of my least favorite is the real life stuff.
R_U_Snacksize
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby msmyriam » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:51 pm

I love that the fetish is small enough that people don't really think about us too much. It's not the easiest paraphilia to understand if you're not into it, especially if someone doesn't get that it's all harmless fantasy. But anytime I've brought it up to a partner, even if they're not into it, they think it's "cool" and "original" or whatever.

Sometimes on "vore day," it'll go semi-viral on Twitter or whatever and people who aren't into it will weigh in with confusion/disgust/etc, but apart from that it's never really become the common punching bag that, for example, furries have (unjustly) been used as in the past.

Least favorite thing is that it's too small for me to be able to just write weird vore smut full time :(
Erotica writer | Gallery | Commissions (OPEN) | Patreon
msmyriam
Been posting for a bit

Postby Winny » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:39 pm

The most favorite thing? I've met some wonderful people through this fetish, some of my closest people I will ever love I met through this degenerate fetish. <3

The least favorite thing? Parts of the community are often foaming at the mouth with their kink shaming. Nothing upsets me more then people that attack other peoples kinks, let people enjoy what they enjoy and bugger off.
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KnightleyPaine » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:59 pm

Favorite: That it exists, and at least the Eka's part seems capable of containing itself without having to contaminate all normie space.

Least Favorite: The rampant toxicity, gaslighting, guilt tripping and psychological abuse going on behind the scenes and the blatant kink shaming and general atmosphere of hostility. For a place made to be accepting of kinks, it sure is bad at being tolerant towards kinks.
KnightleyPaine
Participator

Postby Lewdtonium » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:17 pm

Favorite part is the nonchalant aspect, most of the people here don't get too weird or aggressive.. I guess? If I were to compare the BTS army to the vore community you'd see the BTS army constantly voices their opinions to people not involved and judges others. Heck, they even compete and shame one another for not being as big of a 'stan'. The vore community is way more on the "If I don't like what you're doing I'll just black list it and go about my day, without harassing you" side of things. For example I have a single person I truly hate, but I've never said a word to them and I'll keep it that way. I just put them on my black list and moved on. Heck, I've even gotten compliments on my profile picture. I doubt many other communities besides the meme community would do that. Overall I just see this community as a peaceful and oddly docile community.

That being said, I'm going to do what's called a hypocrite move...

My least favorite part of the vore community are the people who use Microsoft Paint with a mouse. 99% of the time it's just hard to look at, the insane inflation, the four colors used, the butchered sonic or transformer and the poorly drawn feet in front of the POV is very unappealing to me. No offense to anyone who does it, it's just a personal preference of mine. I don't see the appeal, but to each their own. You do you. Keep making the art you love!
Truly, keep making it! It's more important you express yourself then give into some anon's opinion.
Lewdtonium
New to the forum

Postby Mouthful » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:44 pm

My favorite part has been finding a place to share my weird little vore stories where other people actually enjoy them. It's cool when something you create can find an appreciative audience, even if it's just in one little corner of the web.

Least favorite would be the condescending way some people react to nuanced differences in the same basic kink. I see a little too much of, "You're not doing vore the way I like vore done, so there's obviously something wrong with you," in the forums.

Personal pet peeve- I used to accept requests from people for stories they wanted me to write, but nine times out of ten the stories would be something 1000% not like anything I've ever written. I've never posted a single My Little Pony story, or a F/F boob vore story, or a slave boy to an evil dragon story, so why would I be the guy you'd ask to write one? Find an author who is already writing what you like and knows how to do it well. Also, occasionally I'd get requests that would be paragraphs and paragraphs of detailed descriptions of the entire plot from beginning to end along with all of the dialogue the characters should say. When someone asks me to write these stories I just think, "You've already written it yourself, dude."
Mouthful
New to the forum

Postby chewchulainn » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:30 pm

Favorite thing... I think the variety and creativity are definitely some of the best parts of the community. I think the fact that vore has so many different subsets within it says a lot about what a flexible kink it is, and I always find the interplay of different fetishes fascinating, and how that overlap will differ from person to person. I love how many unique scenarios people are able to come up with, and I especially love seeing people's original characters and the different sorts of designs people will come up with for their sonas or just characters they make specifically for vorish scenarios. I like that you'll likely always be able to find someone who has made something for your niche interest, and are likely to wind up getting drawn in by someone else's niche interest at least once in your time in the community.

Least favorite thing... definitely lolicon/shotacon stuff, especially when it's fatal and/or making a point to show how terrified the children are if they're the prey :/ It's an unfortunate reality of existing on the internet that it's difficult to completely avoid stumbling across fetish content involving kids, but when you see people casually discussing art/story premises that are basically just children being sexually tortured, it's pretty viscerally upsetting :/
chewchulainn
Somewhat familiar

Postby Artemis » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:14 pm

Let's see... Favorite thing would probably be the general air of chill. I can just kinda do whatever and for the most part I don't get people breathing down my neck. It's cozy, much like a tummy.

Least favorite thing... Y'know those people who act like the thing they like not being as popular as they'd like it to be is some kind of slight against them? The ones who appropriate the aesthetics of victimhood and complain about how you liking (popular thing) is alienating them? That is a behavior I would like to see less of. It is discreetly pretty toxic and does a really good job of emotionally draining me and killing my motivation when I'm trying to be social in vore related spaces. And I think it gets tolerated more than it should be. I don't know if there's a specific term for it, but yeah...
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby KnightleyPaine » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:29 pm

Lewdtonium wrote:My least favorite part of the vore community are the people who use Microsoft Paint with a mouse.

This Grade A coincidence or absolute savagery if it was targeted is now in part my favorite part of the community.
KnightleyPaine
Participator

Postby Doku » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:19 am

My favorite part of the "Vore Community" is that it is a relatively safe place where fantastical fiction and art, along with RP can be produced in a sanitized, separated environment where nothing and nobody is actually harmed. In essence, my favorite part is that I am able to get 'what I want' and give 'what they want' to shared fetishists in a moderately secure fashion without expectation of reprisal or causing broader harm in the process.

That said, there are specific people within that community, the number of whom can be counted on one hand, whom I personally value even if we don't chat that often. They, I value generally outside of matters related to fetishism. I prefer to keep their identities private but those on that hand probably know who they are.

------------

My least favorite would be the petty air of entitled toxicity that runs rampant in fetishist communities, which takes a variety of different forms, but which can be found throughout RP communities in general. It translates and boils down, most frequently, to an unwillingness to communicate one's desires in a meaningful and cooperative fashion, to be understanding of others, and an intentional selfishness that permutates any such community. For as much as my 'favorite thing' boils down to 'that it's a vore community and I can get vore here,' and how selfish it is, I view RP in general to be a genuinely 2-way street and draw immense satisfaction out of knowing that an RP partner has received equal or greater satisfaction from a scene and a shared positive experience.

Intrinsically, however, I encounter countless behaviors which indicate that an RP partner, or a would-be RP partner is inherently selfish in nature, willing to manipulate, test, tease, maneuver, gaslight, berate, hoodwink, lie or perform any of countless methods to try and ensure that they get 'what they want,' as if it were a thing that needs to be somehow forcibly acquired when it likely would be freely given within the community. Such mentalities treat partners as little more than hash marks on a long list of trophies in conquest. I never had much fancy for such attitudes in my youth at the bars with the guys, and I still don't really have any now. But I don't think such behavior is unique to this community or any other. Basically? Shitty selfish bastards are pretty much everywhere, and where they exist here? I take an active dislike to them.
Doku
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Lamialover » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:47 am

Favorite thing: That this website exists, and it's wonderful. It's very rare today to find people with different opinions that can still coexist, I found that the more underground a community is, the more chill people are, and that's my second favorite thing, that it's still underground despite everything. I think most people on the internet now know what vore is and yet we're usually acknowledged and then ignored, that to me is fascinating, especially in a world where everyone is just waiting for an excuse to jump at each other's throats. Nothing lasts forever, but I'm really glad to be part of all of this. By the way Natolin, big fan of your stuff, the morph and caps! :-D

Least favorite thing: factionalism, it's inevitable but we can't allow it to seep into our community. I get it, you don't like some things, but in the end we're all in the same boat. I think we all have fetishes we'll never ever get into, I despise diaper fetish, but you won't see me trying to ban it off platforms, it's not about being welcoming, it's about accepting differences, because we're all outcasts. We weren't brought here, we came here on our own, to seek kinship.
unzipsdick wrote:there's how this community has possibly the highest concentration of people who get off to characters begging for their lives (second only maybe to guro)

It's funny you mention that, I got into vore because I used to be (still am) into guro, to my coombrain, fatal "soft" vore is more direct and upfront about it's implications, you'll rarely find a guro story where the murderer goes "I'm gonna slowly kill you and display your mangled, unrecognizable remains for everyone to see, and then brag about your murder" and proceed to do exactly that, in detail.
As someone who comes from a "worse" community I've always quietly wondered how the vore community settles with something that I personally see as more satisfying than guro.
lamia vtuber when
Lamialover
New to the forum

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:21 am

My favourite aspect of the community is the generally shared understanding that humans are depraved monsters, and that the unspoken elephant in every civilised room- the fact that everyone every day is getting pleasure from gobbling up other living things, and that abstract entities such as souls and cultures only exist and flourish to the extent they can swallow other entities- is not only spoken but reveled in and pushed to fantastical excess. There's a real cameraderie in mutually understood depravity, similar to how Bill Gates and his friends must feel after a sacrifice.

My least favourite aspect is the seedy, pornographic and repetitive tone of most content. Sex and sensuality are for sure a part of the human experience that you're digesting when you eat someone, but it feels like just about everyone here has been caught up in a sexual dopamine loop, trying to get the same fix again and again. I've complained about tags before, but its's because they're a perfect symbol of what I'm talking about- people see something they like, and go looking for the same thing over and over. Then they commission the same thing over and over, and artists end up drawing the same thing over and over and getting tired and cynical.

That and the careless or lazy use of child characters are the main things that skeeve me out.
(I'm not opposed to using child characters in vore art, and even having bad things happen to them, but the story and the premise have to earn it. When a piece is just straight up porn, using child characters is just straight up child porn, I'm sorry).
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Postby fillyourgut » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:56 am

Natolin wrote:The first is a problem that's been around since pretty much the beginning of fetishes in general. But basically illiterate people messaging you and asking to RP. I don't really understand what they even get out of rping in a language that clearly isn't their first language, and just kind of saying things like "eats you mmm you were so yummy i cant wait to digest you in my belly" or whatever.

This is the one for me ^
Pregnant Pred/Prey always looking for RPs, come gobble me up!
fillyourgut
New to the forum

Postby Mecho » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:20 am

Fav part:

All the fun and creative people out there. And having a place where you can share your thoughts, ideas, art and other stuff with fellow vore peeps.

Least fav part:

The preference war.
Mecho
---

Postby Miridium » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:32 am

Fav: the creativity.

Least fav: it gets repetitive after a while.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby disguy » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:07 am

Some interesting reads on the topic so far! Always enjoy getting an idea of the state of the community in the eyes of some people! So here's my contribution:

What I love: I appreciate that, for the most part, it's possible to have more civil conversations about vore, or even make jokes about it as a fetish considering it very much can come across as bizarre from the perspective of an outsider. The fact that a topic like this even exists in the first place - nor is it the first of such kinds - always shows that there's a desire to delve deeper into the details of the community every now and then, rather than it just being a purely sexual thing through and through. I'll also say that while I do feel like people still have an obnoxious habit of being boisterous about their preferences, people are mostly accepting of one another's tastes in vore.

What I dislike: Despite the last point, it does still upset me that there are some people - certainly not as many these days, but still plenty - that feel like their preferences are to be met at all times. It will always be bizarre to me that, on an 18+ site no less, people are still acting like entitled children, seemingly offended when someone posts content that's not of their preferences and decide to throw a fit in an artwork's comments section over it existing. Like it's honestly embarrassing how I'll come across people who don't have the fetish at all, but can accept every aspect of it more than people like this who do have it. I don't even care too much these days that there are people who don't like male content, or furry content, or whatever, and decide to get verbal about it, I just find it unbelievably disrespectful to artists and writers to do that shit in their comment sections, BIG time.

I guess as a response to a point brought up though, I do agree that it's kind of unfortunate that furries and vore are just about synonymous to people outside of the community, speaking as a furry myself. Case in point with this site in particular, there are plenty of humanoid vore fans here, and beyond the site there are also plenty of furries as well who either have other kinks that aren't vore, or don't really have much of a kink at all. I guess part of the problem too is also that it's just easier for most people to run into fetish artwork for furry-orientated stuff compared to non-furry stuff -- there's probably way more vore images of Lucario compared to Samus if you did a google images search. By proxy, people just assume furries are the only one into that kind of stuff I suppose.
◕‿◕ bup
disguy
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion