Your preferences for prey-reactions being explored in vore?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

What are your preferences for prey-reactions being explored in vore media?

I prefer the prey role, and most enjoy their reactions being fully explored
24%
I prefer the predator role, and most enjoy their reactions being fully explored
24%
I like pred and prey roles equally, and most enjoy their reactions being fully explored
24%
I prefer the prey role, and most enjoy their reactions being partially explored
5%
I prefer the predator role, and most enjoy their reactions being partially explored
8%
I like pred and prey roles equally, and most enjoy their reactions being partially explored
5%
I prefer the prey role, and most enjoy their reactions being fully a mystery/ignored
No votes
I prefer the predator role, and most enjoy their reactions being fully a mystery/ignored
3%
I like pred and prey roles equally, and most enjoy their reactions being fully a mystery/ignored
No votes
I prefer the prey role, and most enjoy their reactions being partially a mystery/ignored
No votes
I prefer the predator role, and most enjoy their reactions being partially a mystery/ignored
5%
I like pred and prey roles equally, and most enjoy their reactions being partially a mystery/ignored
No votes
Unlisted Combination (Comment below, with your role alignment if you don't mind :3)
3%

Total votes : 38

Your preferences for prey-reactions being explored in vore?

Postby Jamjo » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:38 pm

Note: None of the answers are to say that you exclusively enjoy one kind and not the others.

So in editing a story with my bestie, it came to my attention that when it comes to prey reactions there are different preferences not just for the obvious emotional content but how much of that is shown/detailed at all. So I've come up with this survey to ask the fine people of this wonderful site what their preference is.

I understand finding any and all of these to be great, as I do, but this is asking specifically for what amount of information/exploration of the prey's reactions you like more than the others or find enjoyable more often than the others, even if by a slim margin.

I also threw in prefaces for pred/prey role leanings (if any) because why the hell not? And to clarify, by "preference" I don't just mean what role you fantasize about taking, I also mean what you empathize with the most or derive the most enjoyment from empathizing with (since some don't care about 'taking' a role, yet might still enjoy relating to one more than the other). This just also seems like a fun bit of info to inquire about, since I love learning about our subtle or at times dramatic differences.
Jamjo
Participator

Re: Your preferences for prey-reactions being explored in vo

Postby SnakeEyes » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:58 pm

I'm a bit all over the place with this one. Sometimes I love when someone is eaten in a cartoon and then the whole show goes on with little acknowledgement to the prey, then all of the sudden towards the end of the episode or something, they speak from in the pred's belly and show that they've just been chilling in there the whole time. Other times, I do like when they get eaten, and then we get a shot inside of the stomach of them sitting in there looking grumpy about being eaten. It's definitely all about the execution. The episode of Billy and Mandy where Erwin is thrown into Sperg's belly with that zipper thing, the whole episode goes on with him in there. One scene Sperg punches his belly after Erwin tries to talk, another Erwin is chanting with the rest of the class and Sperg looks down at his belly casually like Erwin is joining in on the fun. I absolutely love that whole dynamic that plays out, it's one of my favorites.

Another is Back at the Barnyard. I didn't grow up with this one but I know there's a dynamic with one of the characters always wanting to eat another, and there's a Christmas episode I think where the character spends the whole episode in the other's belly, pops out of his mouth at one point towards the end of the episode and then goes back in his mouth. Or an episode when the pred is sick, has a cold, and I think he just carries the prey character in his stomach the whole time. One scene he pops out of his mouth and the pred says "get back in there!" and pushes him back down and the scene just goes on. Those types of scenes are just great.
SnakeEyes
Been posting for a bit

Postby AeriaGloris » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:53 pm

These polls always feel skewed to Pred or Prey. Where's the observer role? The best part of being an observer is a keen view of each party's reaction to vore. The Pred can ignore the prey's reaction entirely, while the observer can enjoy it.

I also prefer for the emotional and physical aspects to be explored in depth. Whether it's prey's acceptance or denial of the event, it's important for me to know how they react. I tend to prefer uncaring/cruel Preds, so their lack of a reaction is preferred. However, caring Preds need to unpacked in great detail. It's vital to explain why a caring Pred would eat someone. Why would you end a person you care for? The more wholesome the reason or backstory, the better.
My writing outline for 2022 is out. Let me know your thoughts on my latest Blog Post. ˚✧₊⁎( ˘▽˘ )⁎⁺˳✧༚
AeriaGloris
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jamjo » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:39 pm

AeriaGloris wrote:These polls always feel skewed to Pred or Prey. Where's the observer role? The best part of being an observer is a keen view of each party's reaction to vore. The Pred can ignore the prey's reaction entirely, while the observer can enjoy it.

I also prefer for the emotional and physical aspects to be explored in depth. Whether it's prey's acceptance or denial of the event, it's important for me to know how they react. I tend to prefer uncaring/cruel Preds, so their lack of a reaction is preferred. However, caring Preds need to unpacked in great detail. It's vital to explain why a caring Pred would eat someone. Why would you end a person you care for? The more wholesome the reason or backstory, the better.

I guess I may not have worded it with the most clarity, but I intended the "I like pred and prey roles equally" options to be all-encompassing for both people who are total switches, or just have no strong leanings, since it is still liking both equally, lol. Hopefully that clarifies.
Jamjo
Participator

Postby Slappy » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:54 pm

For me, the interactions between predator and prey are the best part of the vore process. Glossing over or completely lacking them leaves me feeling disappointed, if not ripped off.
Slappy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Tarantula » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:23 pm

I mean.. I think you can argue that a connection is being made nonetheless - there is still a dynamic being formed through the negligence of the pred to prey or prey to pred. I personally think it's a strange chemistry - how could could ignore gorging on someone else (for the predator) or for someone to not instinctively have some sort of claustrophobic reaction to being swallowed (for the prey)? Nonetheless, it happens in vore, and that's something I love.

While I empathise a lot with the predator - enjoying depictions of what someone's hands would feel like clutching on the tongue, or how strongly a predator could tolerate the movement and weight packed onto them after eating prey; it becomes a really immersive story to see how the prey reacts as well; even if I can't really vibe with the idea of being eaten. That's just my shiny little penny on this, though.
Tarantula
Been posting for a bit

Return to General Vore Discussion