I feel Vore is ruining my ability to date

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

I feel Vore is ruining my ability to date

Postby jimmersac » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:40 pm

I've dated this one girl for about a year. We had a lot in common, she laughed at my jokes, and liked my art (I only ever showed her my SFW art). Yet at the end of it the thought in the back of my mind is that she's not into Vore. I know shes not. And that bothered me that my mind got stuck on that one fault in her. Eventually it started to change the way I saw her. Dates felt tiring, and everything she did, my mind started nitpicking.
We broke up about 5 months ago, and it was a clean break. No hard feelings. But recently she started texting me more, and saying she really missed me. But I feel nothing for her. And that just makes me feel worse.

I'd absolutely love to be with someone who was into vore too. Someone who truely understood it also. And I wouldn't have to feel ashamed for my desires. Yet the odds of that happening are very slim.
I've tried getting out of Vore, and dropping all NSFW posts. But I just end up coming back to it. And I think its because deep down I just don't have anyone, who I feel I can at least 80% of my true self.

Edit: Thanks for the hard slap of reality I needed to hear.
I'd like to clarify that the point of the post was for advice on how to stop these feelings from interrupting my life. Yes I'm very much aware its degrading to her to want her to be exactly what I want. That's why I'm asking for help. And as stated in the last part. I fully understand that the chances of me finding someone like that, and us being compatible is zero.
Last edited by jimmersac on Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
jimmersac
Been posting for a bit

Re: I feel Vore is ruining my ability to date

Postby 2531209j » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:51 pm

Vore is a fetish - a form of lust, not a form of love. You'll want to learn to look for someone with beauty rather than hotness; and that way you can enjoy the life with them, including the sex life, without needing vore. The chances of finding a vore match are close to zero, and even if you did, that might be shallow.

Vore can just be a vice on the side.
2531209j
New to the forum

Postby Scion » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:03 am

Your true self is bullshit. A sexual kink is to be enjoyed and shared with your partners, if it is taking up such a significant portion of your identity, you have problems. I can tell you that as long as you are open with your partner, explore what she likes, and have her explore what you like, you'll be happier. While sexual compatibility is important, it's necessary that you don't allow this fetish to consume you.

If you are really that hung up on it and repressed, hire a prostitute to act out your fantasy.

The most healthy thing you can do right now is stop choking your lizard everyday. Sit on it for a week. You'll find many things much more stimulating than before. And if you get on a certain vitamin stack, it's more fun :^)
Scion
Somewhat familiar

Postby LucifersChef » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:21 am

Frankly honest - and honestly, I think this isn't the best place for advice - but I would suggest your problem is not really about vore (not specifically). It is more a sense of shame and worry about judgement from your partner. I get that. I think it'd be pretty hard for me to date someone who I felt I could never share a significant part of my interests with for fear of judgement.

I don't think it's something I personally really even care about playing out with a partner, its all a fantasy in my head, but I think its also something I'd want my partner to be okay with me privately enjoying and understanding it without judgement. And if I thought they might not be, that degrades all your ability to feel trust in the relationship.

But I also think 2531i109j's point is not wrong. You should place put the relationship's importance to you emotionally first, not its role sexually.
]
LucifersChef
Participator

Postby Ixtili » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:50 am

I can understand wanting to be with someone who shares your fetish, but nitpicking that one lack of capitulation to the point of obsession is something you should probably talk over with a therapist. Loving the one your with can be hard and I won't say your under any obligation to stay with someone who has nothing in common with you in the bedroom, but letting this one thing you can't control transform your entire initially positive perception of someone into something dark and resentful doesn't seem all that healthy either. I think being with someone whose accepting of the forms your lust takes is probably more important than we like to give it credit for but so is ensuring you are not just letting your lust taint every other aspect of your relationship with others. If you feel like your unconsciously sabotaging your relationships then definitely you should look for ways to calm down or descalate.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:16 am

It sounds like vore's just an excuse.
You're trying to cram all your eggs in one basket, and then panicking and hurling the basket away when you realise they won't all fit.

Don't date anyone, seriously. There's literally no reason to other than FOMO.
Stay at home eating cereal out of the box, you'll be far happier than you are now. If you're worried about passing on your genes, donate gametes. If you're starved for physical affection, get a rescue cat. If you want to take care of children and pass your wisdom on to the next generation, write a book and volunteer. If you want deep emotional companionship, follow your passions, and treat the people you meet along the way warmly.
Unless you live in a subsistence farming community where raising a family is the difference between being looked after or starving in your old age, there's absolutely no practical reason to submit yourself and others to the desperation and misery of dating and romantic relationships.

I do understand that with guys, the pride factor is a huge deal as well. If you're not scoring, your friends will look down on you and treat you as a second class male. I guess you just need to be honest with yourself if that's the reason you're doing it, and ask yourself how much suffering you're willing to inflict on yourself and on women for the sake of pride.
A year's a reasonable amount of time to sustain a relationship just because having a relationship is what you're supposed to do. Five or ten or fifty years of doing what you're supposed to do day in and day out isn't possible though, not unless there's a gun to your head for your entire life. There will always be something that crops up, some sticking point that makes the whole thing come apart, because the passion isn't there to meet it and overcome it- instead there is only duty. The sticking point could be a fetish that isn't shared, it could be differing philosophies on work or children or religion, it could be anything.

Long story short, there's only one person capable of accepting you in your entirety, and that's yourself. Everyone else is just a traveler you meet on the road. Even if they share one or two or even the majority of your most socially unacceptable quirks, there will always be something that's yours that you can't share with them, and that's good, because they aren't you, and you mustn't mistake them for you.

EDIT: Everyone seems to be going nuts over this comment, like it's somehow an insane thing to think about. It is insane, it's deliberately radical because your problem is radical. (Not vore, that's just a fig-leaf, but the lack of trust, obsession with "flaws", etc.) Think about it anyway. Really consider who you are without a relationship and make peace with that person, and then if someone makes you feel like going back to the game, go back. Otherwise you're just going to keep doing this, obsessing over "flaws" in the other person and sabotaging your feelings for each other, because the fear of what you can't share with them eats away at love and trust.
Last edited by EmilyNidhoggr on Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Postby Ixtili » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:36 am

EmilyNidhoggr wrote:It sounds like vore's just an excuse.
You're trying to cram all your eggs in one basket, and then panicking and hurling the basket away when you realise they won't all fit.

Stay at home eating cereal out of the box, you'll be far happier than you are now. If you're worried about passing on your genes, donate gametes. If you're starved for physical affection, get a rescue cat. If you want to take care of children and pass your wisdom on to the next generation, write a book and volunteer. If you want deep emotional companionship, follow your passions, and treat the people you meet along the way warmly.
Unless you live in a subsistence farming community where raising a family is the difference between being looked after or starving in your old age, there's absolutely no practical reason to submit yourself and others to the desperation and misery of dating and romantic relationships.

I do understand that with guys, the pride factor is a huge deal as well. If you're not scoring, your friends will look down on you and treat you as a second class male. I guess you just need to be honest with yourself if that's the reason you're doing it, and ask yourself how much suffering you're willing to inflict on yourself and on women for the sake of pride.
A year's a reasonable amount of time to sustain a relationship just because having a relationship is what you're supposed to do. Five or ten or fifty years of doing what you're supposed to do day in and day out isn't possible though, not unless there's a gun to your head for your entire life. There will always be something that crops up, some sticking point that makes the whole thing come apart, because the passion isn't there to meet it and overcome it- instead there is only duty. The sticking point could be a fetish that isn't shared, it could be differing philosophies on work or children or religion, it could be anything.

Long story short, there's only one person capable of accepting you in your entirety, and that's yourself. Everyone else is just a traveler you meet on the road. Even if they share one or two or even the majority of your most socially unacceptable quirks, there will always be something that's yours that you can't share with them, and that's good, because they aren't you, and you mustn't mistake them for you.

I mean not every instance of seeking romantic or sexual relationships is motivated by a real life sense of completionism. This is good advice for someone who puts too much of their self worth into how they are perceived by others. But if the problem is how the person poisons relationships by warping their own perception of other people then never dealing with other people is a case of prevention instead of cure which is only a good thing for physical illness not social skills. Never learning to get over spontaneously coming to hate people sounds like a good way to be stuck flitting from one relationship to the next without ever learning to just accept that people are not perfect.

TLDR: If OP wants to learn to forgive people for not fulfilling all their criteria they are gonna have to stay around people long enough to learn to learn how to tolerate their imperfections and descalate their instinct to get hung up on resentment.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:11 am

Ixtili wrote:But if the problem is how the person poisons relationships by warping their own perception of other people then never dealing with other people is a case of prevention instead of cure which is only a good thing for physical illness not social skills. Never learning to get over spontaneously coming to hate people sounds like a good way to be stuck flitting from one relationship to the next without ever learning to just accept that people are not perfect.

TLDR: If OP wants to learn to forgive people for not fulfilling all their criteria they are gonna have to stay around people long enough to learn to learn how to tolerate their imperfections and descalate their instinct to get hung up on resentment.

Very true.
I guess I interpreted it as a response to feelings of obligation because he talked about feeling "tired", and "nitpicking", and "feeling nothing for her", which to me suggest someone going through the motions without an underlying passion, and hanging on to one totemic difference as an excuse to dismantle the whole thing.

Mainly because that's what I used to do. When I briefly toyed with the idea of being a good wholesome tradwife, it wasn't out of devotion to someone I felt passionate for, it was just because I thought I was supposed to, because it seemed like the antidote to the post-modern atomisation I felt after moving to a big city. So I chose someone I didn't respect very much and wasn't attracted to and decided to seriously try and put up with them, carrying on a disgusting charade while telling myself that of course romance is all about work and compromise, and eventually I tanked the whole thing over a trivial philosophical difference that I convinced myself was a dealbreaker, because I didn't want to face the fact that I was being dishonest from the very undertaking.

I don't know if that resonates at all. But in some cases, when the disease is a reaction to something that brings no joy, prevention is the cure.
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Postby FloatyBum » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:30 am

2531209j wrote:Vore is a fetish - a form of lust, not a form of love. You'll want to learn to look for someone with beauty rather than hotness; and that way you can enjoy the life with them, including the sex life, without needing vore. The chances of finding a vore match are close to zero, and even if you did, that might be shallow.

lol maybe it's that way for you pal doubt that is true for a large majority of people. I do not treat it as "only lust" or a "vice" or whatever tf and dont know anyone who does. Stop acting like finding someone that also likes vore is this big lofty unrealistic goal and vore is primarily and only this shallow perversion I dont appreciate that notion and dont think the community would either.
FloatyBum
New to the forum

Postby jimmersac » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:13 am

EmilyNidhoggr wrote:It sounds like vore's just an excuse.

Well that life style might be what makes you happy. But in all honesty for me. That sounds unpleasant, unhealthy, and lonely.
You also made a bunch of assumptions about people who are in relationships. Choosing to see them as societal obligations rather than what it is. Getting to know someone and wanting to spend more time with them.
I want to find someone, iwant to get married, I want kids, I want to raise my kids.
Not because "society man" but because that genuinely seems like a good life to me.
And currently Vore, is standing in my way of that.
jimmersac
Been posting for a bit

Postby jimmersac » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:22 am

2531209j wrote:Vore is a fetish - a form of lust, not a form of love. You'll want to learn to look for someone with beauty rather than hotness; and that way you can enjoy the life with them, including the sex life, without needing vore. The chances of finding a vore match are close to zero, and even if you did, that might be shallow.

Yep, aware of all that. That's why I want to put a stop to it.
jimmersac
Been posting for a bit

Postby jimmersac » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:24 am

LucifersChef wrote:Frankly honest - and honestly, I think this isn't the best place for advice - but I would suggest your problem is not really about vore (not specifically). It is more a sense of shame and worry about judgement from your partner. I get that. I think it'd be pretty hard for me to date someone who I felt I could never share a significant part of my interests with for fear of judgement.

I don't think it's something I personally really even care about playing out with a partner, its all a fantasy in my head, but I think its also something I'd want my partner to be okay with me privately enjoying and understanding it without judgement. And if I thought they might not be, that degrades all your ability to feel trust in the relationship.

But I also think 2531i109j's point is not wrong. You should place put the relationship's importance to you emotionally first, not its role sexually.

Agree while heartedly. I'm just trying to find ways to start making that change.
jimmersac
Been posting for a bit

Postby jimmersac » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:27 am

Ixtili wrote:I can understand wanting to be with someone who shares your fetish, but nitpicking that one lack of capitulation to the point of obsession is something you should probably talk over with a therapist. Loving the one your with can be hard and I won't say your under any obligation to stay with someone who has nothing in common with you in the bedroom, but letting this one thing you can't control transform your entire initially positive perception of someone into something dark and resentful doesn't seem all that healthy either. I think being with someone whose accepting of the forms your lust takes is probably more important than we like to give it credit for but so is ensuring you are not just letting your lust taint every other aspect of your relationship with others. If you feel like your unconsciously sabotaging your relationships then definitely you should look for ways to calm down or descalate.

Sabotaging myb relationships is a good way to describe how I feel about it. I'll definitely try to slow down on my expectations. And focus more on how well we spend our time together.
jimmersac
Been posting for a bit

Postby smog1 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:14 pm

To be honest, and a bit of a reality check, no one outisde of this fetish zone is going to be into it.

It is best that you just dont mention it or bring it up to your next date or current relationship unless she was 100% open to whtaever you are into.

Best keep it private from your partner untill the day where you feel ready to open up a bit.

This fetish can be an additcion which is unhealthy for you.

This site does not house a dating part or anything of the sort.

Sorry if my tip sounds a bit depressing and hurtful.
smog1
Somewhat familiar

Postby jimmersac » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:48 pm

smog1 wrote:To be honest, and a bit of a reality check, no one outisde of this fetish zone is going to be into it.

It is best that you just dont mention it or bring it up to your next date or current relationship unless she was 100% open to whtaever you are into.

Best keep it private from your partner untill the day where you feel ready to open up a bit.

This fetish can be an additcion which is unhealthy for you.

This site does not house a dating part or anything of the sort.

Sorry if my tip sounds a bit depressing and hurtful.

Yep I know. Thats why I want to change, and get out of this mindset.
jimmersac
Been posting for a bit

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:38 pm

jimmersac wrote:Well that life style might be what makes you happy. But in all honesty for me. That sounds unpleasant, unhealthy, and lonely.
You also made a bunch of assumptions about people who are in relationships. Choosing to see them as societal obligations rather than what it is. Getting to know someone and wanting to spend more time with them.
I want to find someone, iwant to get married, I want kids, I want to raise my kids.
Not because "society man" but because that genuinely seems like a good life to me.

Relationships are obligations though. That's not a dismissal of them, it's just a fact that anyone who wants one has to accept. A long term relationship means living your life for someone else, on terms that you negotiate with them. If you want to get married, you want to raise kids, that's excellent, but realise that doing so means sacrificing virtually everything you have and everything you are to the cause.
If you love someone enough that you can truly accept that, maybe you'll be able to carve out small islands of solitude that are just for you. But if you can't, the things that are just for you, that you can't share with your partner (like an obscure and disturbing fetish) will be like a thorn in your side, wearing you down. The more you try and give them up for the sake of peace, the more they will turn into powerful seductive demons, and the more you'll resent your partner for forcing you to fight them (even though they're not forcing you, even though ostensibly it's your decision).
Vore is standing in the way? Even if you get rid of vore completely, forget you ever liked it or knew what it was, something else will stand in the way. What's standing in the way is your own individuality, the sense that there are things about you that can't be shared. Vore is an excellent totem for that, because it's so alienating, but it's just a totem.

To make the long haul work takes unbelievable stamina, and the source of that stamina has to be a connection and a shared mission that most people just don't encounter
in their lives. So statistically, the odds are against you, not that the stars don't sometimes align. You find the thought of living alone unpleasant, that's fine, people have different temperaments. But I can tell you, no matter your temperament, living alone is far better than living in a relationship entered into and perpetuated out of fear of the alternative.
If you can make peace with being alone, the things about you that alienate you from others (like vore) won't be nearly so corrosive to your relationships if and when you do find someone that breaks your solitude.

The bit about "male pride" was probably uncharitable, just projection on my part based on other people I've known. I apologise for that.
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Postby LucifersChef » Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:44 pm

EmilyNidhoggr wrote:
jimmersac wrote:Well that life style might be what makes you happy. But in all honesty for me. That sounds unpleasant, unhealthy, and lonely.

Relationships are obligations though. That's not a dismissal of them, it's just a fact that anyone who wants one has to accept. A long term relationship means living your life for someone else, on terms that you negotiate with them. If you want to get married, you want to raise kids, that's excellent, but realise that doing so means sacrificing virtually everything you have and everything you are to the cause.
If you love someone enough that you can truly accept that, maybe you'll be able to carve out small islands of solitude that are just for you. But if you can't, the things that are just for you, that you can't share with your partner (like an obscure and disturbing fetish) will be like a thorn in your side, wearing you down. The more you try and give them up for the sake of peace, the more they will turn into powerful seductive demons, and the more you'll resent your partner for forcing you to fight them (even though they're not forcing you, even though ostensibly it's your decision).
Vore is standing in the way? Even if you get rid of vore completely, forget you ever liked it or knew what it was, something else will stand in the way. What's standing in the way is your own individuality, the sense that there are things about you that can't be shared. Vore is an excellent totem for that, because it's so alienating, but it's just a totem.

To make the long haul work takes unbelievable stamina, and the source of that stamina has to be a connection and a shared mission that most people just don't encounter
in their lives. So statistically, the odds are against you, not that the stars don't sometimes align. You find the thought of living alone unpleasant, that's fine, people have different temperaments. But I can tell you, no matter your temperament, living alone is far better than living in a relationship entered into and perpetuated out of fear of the alternative.
If you can make peace with being alone, the things about you that alienate you from others (like vore) won't be nearly so corrosive to your relationships if and when you do find someone that breaks your solitude.

The bit about "male pride" was probably uncharitable, just projection on my part based on other people I've known. I apologise for that.

I'm sorry but I think you have some very serious baggage around relationships you need to unpack and talk with a professional about. Because that isn't a healthy attitude at all. You make some points of usefulness but its drowning in your general all encompassing pessimism about relationships as a concept. Humans are social creatures, they're not meant to be alone. That might be having close friends or romantic relationships. But total isolation destroys the mind in the end. There is a reason its used as a torture method.
]
LucifersChef
Participator

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:01 pm

LucifersChef wrote:I'm sorry but I think you have some very serious baggage around relationships you need to unpack and talk with a professional about. Because that isn't a healthy attitude at all. You make some points of usefulness but its drowning in your general all encompassing pessimism about relationships as a concept. Humans are social creatures, they're not meant to be alone. That might be having close friends or romantic relationships. But total isolation destroys the mind in the end. There is a reason its used as a torture method.

Please read what I wrote again.
There's nothing pessimistic or even disparaging about my view of relationships as a concept. Of course humans are social creatures, I never said otherwise, but we're not solely social creatures, we have an existence beyond who we are to others, and without taking care to distinguish that existence, we're in danger of trying to disappear into a single relationship and obsessing over any aspect of ourselves that doesn't serve the relationship.
Anyone who has been in a relationship for decades will tell you that it's work and sacrifice and a negotiation of obligations and identities. That doesn't mean it's not worthwhile, but it's important to be clear about what goes into making it happen. It is a social construct, which again is not a disparagement, because so are justice and integrity and everything else important to human life. But it takes work and conscious choices to build, and all of those choices have consequences.

Personally, I'm not driven much towards romantic relationships, because I'm asexual and happy in my own company from day to day, but that doesn't mean I don't have other social needs, that I am proactive and realistic about pursuing. Including close friendship and platonic love of course.
Not everyone has the same temperament as me, but everyone has at least some aspect of their identity that's theirs alone, that's not for sharing, and if they believe that a romantic relationship will save them from that identity, it will keep rearing its head and sabotaging each relationship as it comes. I don't see that that's a controversial take at all, everybody has seen it happen countless times.

I'm not saying OP should renounce relationships. Only that he shouldn't be afraid of who he is outside of one. That fear is what creates neuroses like the one he describes, that undermine love.
Last edited by EmilyNidhoggr on Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Postby BadlyDrawnDedede » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:10 pm

Woo, this thread seems to be spiraling out of control pretty quickly. Better get my .02 in before Eka comes in and closes the chat...

In reality and the sense of the word (in which you've come to see recently), yeah, saying "vore is ruining your dating ability" is kind of a bit ticky-tacky. The whole concept within itself is pretty niche, and lots of people find it weird. Now, if you eventually getting around to telling people and they think you're some kind of deranged lunatic because of you like it, then, yeah, it's not a good sign. People (especially romantic interests) should be accepting of who you are the things you like, but should also be in a position where those ideals aren't pressed on them 24/7. It's about mutual respect, is what it is.
I think it's important to understand that sacrifices have to be made when it comes to a relationship. Nobody is going to get the perfect girl/guy of their dreams that lives up to every standard or enjoys everything you want them to enjoy; having a robot that always agrees with you is not the way to go about the business of love. The feeling shouldn't come from have's and have not's, but how you genuinely enjoy being with them. You don't have to like everything to get along, have a good time, and develop meaningful bonds.

As for everything else (the marriage argument), whether you wanna fly solo or not is whatever you like. Some people do better wrapped in their cloak of solitude, and others like being around humans to interact with. If it truly makes you happy, and you're health isn't suffering from it, who cares what you do!
Bang! Bang! Bang! Pull my Devil Trigger!
BadlyDrawnDedede
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aces » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:47 pm

Hey you know that song ME!ME!ME! and the music video that accompanies it? How this weeb loses his life to anime, including a girl he loved, because she wasn't as good as his fantasy girl?

Yeah, don't do that.

Because I did. Not with anime, but the whole comparing real life to fantasy part. You'll fucking regret it. Seriously. Don't do it.

I am not trying to be mean. I am urging you not to make that mistake. You might not have feelings now but you're going to look back and SUFFER in a few years.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion