Vore being "no big deal", but just concerning that prey?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Vore being "no big deal", but just concerning that prey?

Postby Marco » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:54 pm

I know there has been discussions about scenarios where vore is considered no big deal in that world, where anyone can just randomly decided to eat someone and nothing will happen (which would be, as stated on this forum at least once, a society that would fail very quickly), but does anyone else like it when it would normally be a big deal, except for whatever reason it isn't when it happens to the prey in the scenario? Like any other character being eaten (not that it ever happens) would be treated with reactions you'd actually expect others to have, but since it happened to this character, it's for whatever reason (if there is one) treated casually and basically shrugged off. Like say, an adventure scenario where every other character being even close to danger is treated with the fear, drama and relief (that they made it) that it should be, and then there's one scene where that character is eaten... and everyone just carries on, like no one really cares that they were eaten.

I just love the idea of everyone just being really casual over that one character being eaten, despite that being eaten apparently isn't a casual thing in that world. I love the idea of everyone just carrying on with whatever they were doing, with barely a passing comment of what happened, while the prey sits there in the pred's stomach not understanding why anyone isn't even trying to help them.
Avatar done as gift by Aviannapper. Deeply appreciated.
Marco
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore being "no big deal", but just concerning that prey?

Postby EmilyNidhoggr » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:14 pm

Lol yeah.
Could even be a feature of the predator. When they eat someone, that person is immediately forgotten, or at least any feelings anyone had about them are forgotten.
I swear I've seen that trope floating about in regular media- some creature or other that eats someone and wipes them from everyone else's memory. Anyway, I love it.
I'd love to be that kind of predator. Gobbling people up and then palling around with their friends with them in my stomach. I love the idea of it being the feelings that I've eaten that stick around and fatten me up. The more deeply known and loved someone is, the more the imprint of them in others' perception has a sentient life of its own. I love the idea of sucking down that imprint and having it stay with me on my curves, aware and conscious and totally alone except for me.
Last edited by EmilyNidhoggr on Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
EmilyNidhoggr
Participator

Postby AeriaGloris » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:43 pm

Love it!

Three ways to do this really, first is to trick the audience that the prey isn't being eaten. It's magic, special effects etc.

The second way is to use the bystander effect. Do you stop and look at a street performer when you have somewhere to be? People would ignore you for the most part if you vored someone on a busy New York street corner around 07:30. Ingestion would have to be headfirst/fast to avoid screaming however.

The third, and most popular from what I see, is deserving prey. The prey deserved what was coming to them for teasing the pred. When the prey is eaten, the crowd in apathetic to the prey's struggles.

The first two are great. The third can be a bit rapey. Prey doesn't deserve to be eaten without consequence just because of their clothing choice for example. But if the prey covers themself in cream and throws themself into an exhibit at a zoo, they certainly deserve what happens!
Last edited by AeriaGloris on Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My writing outline for 2022 is out. Let me know your thoughts on my latest Blog Post. ˚✧₊⁎( ˘▽˘ )⁎⁺˳✧༚
AeriaGloris
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nikkidafox » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:45 pm

I think that idea is very nice. However, what the title initially made me think of is really much more interesting to me.
The idea of vore being a casual thing in this world, but the prey is making a huge deal out of it.
Like... "Oh my god. Can you stop whining so much? Everyone gets churned! You are going to be digested and turned into poop, so what? Geez, just deal with it like the rest of us!"
Nikkidafox
Participator

Postby beepbeepdinglmuffins » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:53 am

What about a society where everyone likes eating others or seeing others be eaten, but don't want to be eaten themselves.
beepbeepdinglmuffins
New to the forum

Postby SnakeEyes » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:25 pm

I very much like that casual approach to someone getting eaten, it's a great concept
SnakeEyes
Been posting for a bit

Postby Hagen » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:26 pm

So it kinda drives me nuts. Sure lets say two perfectibility normal characters do this, sounds fair enough.
But it starts to take me out of things if someone is a princess, or someone of note, who's position is necessary to hold up society "aw jee shucks I guess there's nothing to be done."

I kinda like seeing vore a game where a pred has to be clever, charming, sneakie.
I guess it does matter more if the prey is someone who's absence means something.
Hagen
Participator

Postby Ixtili » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:19 am

Since I like possessive preds the idea that a Pred can basically eat EVERYTHING connected to a person including other people's memories is something I've toyed with in my head before.
Ixtili
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SiHiUiLiSiEi » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:53 am

One of my favorite angles to explore in a voracious context is precisely this domain of perception. I enjoy it being surreal in how it's tolerated by all but perhaps one observer, or the would be meal, or even the predator. A pred who is unnervingly horrified at a world tolerating them. A person being tilted towards insanity by being the only one able to wrestle with how horrible it is that people are being eaten. A clueless victim's panicked attempts to reason as their entire world casually ships them into someone's stomach, dismissing any natural doubts as nerves - while the actual consumption comes far sooner than they are ready for.

I remember detailing a scene with someone once where an exasperated predator sat down at a table of various acquaintances and complained casually about being hungry, only for an understudy of theirs to casually point out someone who they were meeting for the first time, and expressing that they could simply eat them. Like just highlighting how it was possible. Before the meal could even fully comprehend it, the idea casually circulated the table, and the predator, finding the idea palatable, reached right across the table, and ate them then and there, as everyone continued their leisurely meeting. The bulk of details was all the loaded disbelief of the prey, confident they were misunderstanding, all the way to them being so baffled by the absurdity of it that they only scarcely got to voice their disagreements before they were digested. In the scene it was something of a culture shock as well - this person was, in a way, a guest.
SiHiUiLiSiEi
Been posting for a bit

Postby NightRoller » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:37 pm

Heh. After reading the title post, Paimon from Genshin Impact comes to mind.
We live in a culture of addictions. What's yours?
NightRoller
Somewhat familiar

Postby TSaPA » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:50 pm

this is probably the opposite of what you're shooting for but my brain immediately went to something akin to 'Oh my god, you ate Kenny! You bastard!'.

like there are certain characters for whom getting eaten is like a once-an-episode occurrence; like regardless of who or what ever else they are or do they are the designated butt of the cosmic joke of getting nonchalantly eaten at inopportune moments, and even when they get digested by the pred they're somehow back again next 'episode' none the worse for wear and to nobody's surprise or comment so it can happen again. This apparent resurrection effect applies exclusively to getting eaten; they're not seen or treated as immortal by the rest of the setting, it's just a necessary extension of their designated role as recurring prey character and nobody really questions it beyond that.

The 'prey' themselves may not necessarily enjoy this fate, but they may nevertheless become suspect when it appears they're about to go an entire 'episode' without anyone eating them. On one hand it would be a welcome reprieve when it does happen, but on the other hand there's always that lingering feeling they're going to 'jinx it' somehow.
TSaPA
Somewhat familiar

Postby Justsomeone » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:56 pm

You described a scenario I love and have rped a few times. Glad to see others had the same line of thought.
Justsomeone
Somewhat familiar

Postby HentaiMaster90000 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:19 pm

EmilyNidhoggr wrote:Lol yeah.
Could even be a feature of the predator. When they eat someone, that person is immediately forgotten, or at least any feelings anyone had about them are forgotten.
I swear I've seen that trope floating about in regular media- some creature or other that eats someone and wipes them from everyone else's memory.

You essentially described
Spoiler: show
chainsaw man
HentaiMaster90000
Been posting for a bit

Postby Luxio512 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:29 pm

HentaiMaster90000 wrote:
I swear I've seen that trope floating about in regular media- some creature or other that eats someone and wipes them from everyone else's memory.

chainsaw man

I have heard of that manga, could you tell me how that works in it?
Luxio512
Been posting for a bit

Postby HentaiMaster90000 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:10 pm

Luxio512 wrote:
HentaiMaster90000 wrote:

chainsaw man

I have heard of that manga, could you tell me how that works in it?

there isn't really any vorebait there, just that at the very end
it's revealed that any demon devoured by the chainsaw demon is permanently wiped from everyone's memory and one of the antagonists gets fileted and cooked to be devoured
HentaiMaster90000
Been posting for a bit

Postby Amaco » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:38 pm

I think worlds where there are a separate race of tiny humans who don't have the same legal protections as regular sized humans can make that scenario work. I've always found world building like that to be interesting. Now I'm not talking about tinies being the only food source or being sold in stores. There are just zero legal repercussions for eating them or using them as toys. There may be some people who are against it and think they should be given equal rights. But the vast majority of the public is simply indifferent to it.
AMACO
Amaco
Somewhat familiar

Postby Skulker » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:36 pm

Amaco wrote:I think worlds where there are a separate race of tiny humans who don't have the same legal protections as regular sized humans can make that scenario work. I've always found world building like that to be interesting. Now I'm not talking about tinies being the only food source or being sold in stores. There are just zero legal repercussions for eating them or using them as toys. There may be some people who are against it and think they should be given equal rights. But the vast majority of the public is simply indifferent to it.

I’ve got something similar.

A vore setting where most humans are normal humans, but some are born different.

Nobody bats an eye when a Prey human is eaten by a Pred human, even if the Prey was 100% unwilling, but the idea of a non-Prey human being eaten is thought of the same way cannibalism is in real life.
Skulker
Somewhat familiar

Postby Lonnie » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:46 pm

I don’t mind casual vore, and I’m not necessarily a ‘willing only’ type of gal, but I like there to be at least a bit of empathy on behalf of the prey, nobody caring about what happened to them/just shrugging it off would make me saaad! I’d totally be a ‘tiny rights supporter’ in one of those settings, for example! Though preferably there would be no less-than-human humans legally or otherwise speaking in my hypothetical fantasy world.
Average M/f enjoyer
Lonnie
Somewhat familiar

Postby Amaco » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:20 pm

I've just always been a fan of dark stories featuring oppressive and unjust worlds. I think it comes from my love of the horror genre in general.

But I like that darkness to have just a little bit of light at the end of it. If it was one of my stories. It would feature a tiny as one of the protagonists. Who would eventually spark a positive change in society. Maybe not completely winning rights for tinies, but they at least move the needle in the right direction. :)
AMACO
Amaco
Somewhat familiar

Postby alockwood1 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:24 am

For the most part, I prefer Non-Fatal vore, but I'm okay with Reformation, and even Fatal Vore in some situations, but the whole, "If I'm gonna eat somebody, it might as well be you," mentality is not what I really like. I mean, if the Predator targets Criminal Prey, or if the prey is Ill and asks a Predator to help them end their suffering, or if the Predator is fulfilling the role of a Serial Killer, I'm okay with it, but I feel that Sapient Predators shouldn't just eat Sapient Prey without a good reason, especially if they have options to cattle, pig, deer, sheep, and other non-sapient prey (non-sapient predators get a pass, as it were.)
alockwood1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to General Vore Discussion