Making vore a surprising act

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Making vore a surprising act

Postby SnakeEyes » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:36 pm

In the world of vore, I'm very drawn to the idea it happening under the guise of it being something very out of nowhere and unexpected. What I mean is take a situation where someone eats someone else, but it's a spur of the moment thing that is completely random. Vore doesn't exist in the world, it wasn't outwardly planned ahead of time, it just happens. I think it adds a sense of shock value when it happens and it's not expected. It's hard to write like that on this site, because we all know the big spoiler coming up, so I'm wondering if anyone else writes like that and how they would approach it, or just your general feelings on the subject.

I think some good examples come from movies like the ending of My Favorite Martian or Men in Black 2. I remember seeing Men in Black 2 in theaters when I was young and the reaction from everyone when Serlena walks out with that big belly was great because nobody was expecting it. Everyone laughed but it wasn't something you saw coming. I also think it adds a sense of horror to it, to see someone eaten in front of you without that ever being a possibility of something that could happen makes it so much more impactful. Someone who suddenly decides to swallow another person whole out of sheer hunger or even anger has to be crazy and you'd feel less safe around them. Assuming that this is the "real" world and you're looking at it outside of a fetish perspective.

It's a bit of a difficult thing to capture sometimes, the idea of vore being something that is a one-off thing that's completely unexpected, done sheerly out of passion with no connections to it being a fetish (even though that's why we're all here at the end of the day). I try to capture it a little in my stories sometimes, and I've got one I'm currently doing that I'm trying to have it be the focal point of the story. How do you capture a moment that's a fetish but pretend like it's not a fetish and shock the reader?
SnakeEyes
Been posting for a bit

Re: Making vore a surprising act

Postby Wolfsage » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:52 pm

I personally like it when its not a known thing and isn't common, but is still possible, people just don't know about it.
The Sage Wolf of the forest.
Wolfsage
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SnakeEyes » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:23 pm

Wolfsage wrote:I personally like it when its not a known thing and isn't common, but is still possible, people just don't know about it.

That's where I have kind of a paradox with how I like it too. It's not supposed to be possible, but this one person somehow pulls off the impossible and does it. Although to have it just be something that's possible that isn't widely known works well also. I can almost imagine something like a news story about someone swallowing their friend whole in a heated argument and they're trying to figure out how it happened or what to even do about the situation and it's the only time it's ever happened in our history. It's talked about for a couple weeks and then people move on with their life. Of course that's not really fun for our world though, because we want it to keep happening again lol
SnakeEyes
Been posting for a bit

Postby Thorne » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:04 pm

I'm not very interested in a story like that, but it's definitely possible to write. The key to is that your protagonist absolutely cannot consider vore a possibility until it happens, no matter what hints the predator drops (and maybe they are still in denial until they/their prey are down the throat). The effect you are going for is ruined once vore becomes part of your world. To make the reader believe it too, you'll have to make sure that they get into your protagonist's head with a really deep point of view. I think any kind of outer narration would add too much dramatic irony of "oooo... the vore is about to happen" and ruin it.

If the vore action is at the climax/end of your story, your story's momentum needs to be carried by a conflict unrelated to vore (for example: character conflict between the pred and to-be-prey, a mystery, action, ect.). Once the reader gets invested in the main plot of your story, they'll "forget" that the vore is coming until it happens. You'll just have to time it right so it's unexpected, probably at a moment when the main conflict is extremely high tension so it's all the reader is thinking about.

If the vore action is at the beginning of the story, it could be easier to write since you don't need to hide the possibility of vore from the reader for very long, but the shock value of vore also won't be as high since they are still beginning to get invested into your story. But from there your characters can have fun dealing with the consequences that vore is possible.

Either way, once the vore event starts you can explore the fetish aspects of it. Just be careful not to linger on it too long since that would kill the momentum of the main story conflict.

Hope this helps~
Thorne
Been posting for a bit

Postby blergle » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:35 pm

That feeling is why I don't enjoy stories that are set in a world where vore is a real thing that anyone knows about aside from the actual kink. The reactions shown by characters in the story are going to carry that feeling to the reader. The surprise of someone who finds themself on the receiving end of that, and horror and disbelief, is part of what I enjoy. For me vore has to be scary to be interesting and having it not be a thing that's supposed to happen is a good part of that. Now, I don't like "illogical" vore, in that there would have to be an explanation for why or how it's happening--magic, mutation, etc. But that doesn't preclude it being a surprise, either, if your world is like the real world except magic or fantasy sci-fi elements actually exist and nobody believes in it.
blergle
---

Postby AeriaGloris » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:01 pm

Wolfsage wrote:I personally like it when its not a known thing and isn't common, but is still possible, people just don't know about it.

This. I love writing the moment where prey wrestles with their rational mind. The moment everything starts to feel too real or that there's no way out. It's the peak of betrayal.

But I feel the OP is talking about a mix of Casual Vore and Accidental Vore. Almost comical, shut up vore. It's a bit too silly for a realistic setting and difficult to setup.
My writing outline for 2022 is out. Let me know your thoughts on my latest Blog Post. ˚✧₊⁎( ˘▽˘ )⁎⁺˳✧༚
AeriaGloris
Somewhat familiar

Postby SnakeEyes » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:52 pm

AeriaGloris wrote:

This. I love writing the moment where prey wrestles with their rational mind. The moment everything starts to feel too real or that there's no way out. It's the peak of betrayal.

But I feel the OP is talking about a mix of Casual Vore and Accidental Vore. Almost comical, shut up vore. It's a bit too silly for a realistic setting and difficult to setup.

Not quite accidental, maybe a little casual. I prefer your point about wrestling the thought about it happening. It's more that it is an act of passion. Nobody would rationally react to something by swallowing another person whole but it happens in the heat of the moment. Almost like if someone says something mean spirited in the heat of an argument that they wouldn't normally say. In the heat of passion, I'm looking at you and I just think, fuck it, I'm going to eat you. The detail in that plot is that vore isn't a thing in this world. Nobody has vore as a fetish, nobody has ever swallowed someone whole, but here it is happening.
SnakeEyes
Been posting for a bit

Postby AMemeticHazard » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:33 pm

I can appreciate this kind of scenario, especially where vore is impossible but the pred somehow does it anyways. Particularly with an ostensibly IRL setting. I have a non-vorarephile friend that I frequently share lewd content with, and one of my guiltier pleasures is asking him all kinds of hypotheticals about soul voring me in various circumstances. I've essentially given consentual non-consent for him to do anything to me whether I want it or not, by asking him about that exact situation.

He knows what I'm into and what I find hot (at least when I'm too horny for my own good), but we both know it's impossible. Regardless, if we were hanging out and curiousity, hunger, or horniness caused him to spontaneously try yoinking my soul out, SOMEHOW succeed, and despite my protests either swallow it, use it as a disposable asstoy, or shove it down his shaft, that would be the hottest thing ever. Just having this universe's perfect record of souls reaching the afterlife be shattered by exactly one impossible incident where my friend uses me to satisfy a craving, punctuated by the beautifully humiliating moment where he either shits out some glowing ecto-waste or beats off and spurts out some worthless blue soulspunk.
AMemeticHazard
Somewhat familiar

Postby Lurker45 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:02 pm

I like vore to be beyond common sense; something shocking and difficult or impossible for people other than the pred to comprehend. This could be done with a single pred character who "invented" vore on their own and is perhaps the only pred in the world, at least for the purposes of the narrative. It can be likened to the original Dracula novel, where Dracula becomes a vampire by a deal with the Devil (the only other vampires in the story are subordinate to him and not very important) and it takes a long time for the heroic characters to comprehend what he is and the threat he represents.
Lurker45
New to the forum

Return to General Vore Discussion